Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,270
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Rant: Code Geass

    My biggest disappointment with this series was...
    SPOILERS AHOY!








    ...the way in which Prince Schneizel was defeated ...

    As a memory refresher, Prince Schneizel planned on taking control of the world away from "Emperor" Lelouch due to Lelouch's "evil" and "twisted" power grab. That, and he was just despicable. Or so we think at this point.
    Anyway, Schneizel and Lelouch have a grand chess battle in the form of a military battle where they are the commanders.

    Schneizel wishes to crush Lelouch with his flying fortress, Damocles, which is loaded with FLEIJA missiles (super, super powerful warheads capable busting the largest of cities and the smallest of nations) and is a key component in the peace Schneizel will force upon the world.
    Lelouch wishes to stop Schneizel and disable the Damocles, obviously.


    Eventually, Lelouch and a few of his soldiers infiltrate the Damocles in order to capture Prince Schneizel and disable the Damocles. Schneizel realizes he cannot conduct the war with Lelouch so close to him, so he decides to abandon the Damocles and activate an emergency FLEIJA warhead intended to blow up the Damocles with Lelouch on board.

    While Schneizel, his aide, the now defected Diethard Reid and a few guards board an escape craft, Lelouch appears on an open channel and starts...

    DISCUSSING PHILOSOPHY, PEACE, AND THE FUTURE OF THE WORLD WITH PRINCE SCHNEIZEL.
    Then, Lelouch eventually says some witty remark which confuses Schneizel, then Lelouch appears behind Schneizel and uses his Geass on him.
    How did that happen?
    THE LELOUCH THAT WAS ON THE SCREEN WAS A PRE-RECORDED MESSAGE. HE MAGICALLY KNEW WHAT THE EQUALLY INTELLIGENT SCHNEIZEL WAS GOING TO SAY AND HE TIMED THE RESPONSES PERFECTLY?!
    BULL. SHIT.

    The plot shield in which Lelouch was protected by in that event was palpable.

    I understand that is was, like, the 49th episode out of 50 episodes, but come f*cking on. That was utterly ridiculous.
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member minato23's Avatar
    Status
    minato23 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,811
    Location
    KH13
    versace
     

    Re: Rant: Code Geass

    Meh, Lelouch is awesome.
     
         

  3. #3
    Khallil's Avatar
    Status
    Khallil is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    14,606
    Location
    A Forest
    The Assassin of The Wood
     



    Re: Rant: Code Geass

    good you said spoiler ahoy, since I'm midway through R2,
    and I don't want to ruin shizz for myself

    OT: I hate suzaku, he's the biggest azzhole, lelouch is a hero!!
     
         

  4. #4
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,270
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Re: Rant: Code Geass

    Quote Originally Posted by minato23 View Post
    Meh, Lelouch is awesome.
    We have different definitions of awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Khallil-Sama~ View Post
    good you said spoiler ahoy, since I'm midway through R2,
    and I don't want to ruin shizz for myself

    OT: I hate suzaku, he's the biggest azzhole, lelouch is a hero!!
    I still despise Lelouch for being an utter hypocrite in R1. Among other things.
     
         

  5. #5
    Hyƍton KGB Kakuzu's Avatar
    Status
    KGB Kakuzu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    12,391
    Location
    Checking my Psycho Pass
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin
     

    Re: Rant: Code Geass

    Despite him being my favorite I honestly sat there and called bullshit that you'd perfectly be able to predict him...especially when earlier he could never guess his moves such ad their chess game where Schniezel moves his king right next to Lelouch's.


    I respected the concept, but it was too ridiculous. Instead he should have been hiding in the back and carrying the conversation with a green screen or something to make it appear like he was predicting his words.
     
         

  6. #6
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,270
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Re: Rant: Code Geass

    Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post
    Despite him being my favorite I honestly sat there and called bullshit that you'd perfectly be able to predict him...especially when earlier he could never guess his moves such ad their chess game where Schniezel moves his king right next to Lelouch's.


    I respected the concept, but it was too ridiculous. Instead he should have been hiding in the back and carrying the conversation with a green screen or something to make it appear like he was predicting his words.
    That would have been better... But then Schneizel's guards would have attacked him?
    Either way, you have a point with the chess thing. It was mainly due to time, I bet.
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Drakengard's Avatar
    Status
    Drakengard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,230
    HashiramaWankLord... return
    and save us all!
     

    Re: Rant: Code Geass

    Well my biggest rant was probably Prince Charles' big plan. I can see you like him but I was never into his idea or his defeat ;P

    I thought it would have been funny if Schneizel actually used the same trick against him. Oh well
     
         

  8. #8
    Banned
    Status
    Fodder#5 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,971
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Fodder
     

    Re: Rant: Code Geass

    Lelouch soloed God. Schneizel was one of my favorite characters. If he had a geass that would be epic. But he was kinda trolled by Lelouch, but that's what Zero does
     
         

  9. #9
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,270
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Re: Rant: Code Geass

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakengard View Post
    Well my biggest rant was probably Prince Charles' big plan. I can see you like him but I was never into his idea or his defeat ;P

    I thought it would have been funny if Schneizel actually used the same trick against him. Oh well
    I don't agree with EMPEROR Charles' plan, but I still love him lol
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    Lelouch soloed God. Schneizel was one of my favorite characters. If he had a geass that would be epic. But he was kinda trolled by Lelouch, but that's what Zero does
    That wasn't actually God, I don't think.
     
         

  10. #10
    Banned
    Status
    GenKiDama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,735
    Ban Count:31 Time spent
    banned: 9Months 12 days
     

    Re: Rant: Code Geass

    lelouch solos.
     
         

  11. #11
    Blood of the Dragon Viserys Targaryen's Avatar
    Status
    Viserys Targaryen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    18,270
    Location
    Old Valyria
    HiddenSound
     

    Re: Rant: Code Geass

    Quote Originally Posted by GenKiDama View Post
    lelouch solos.
    Lelouch didn't solo a single person in the series. Code Geass is not a show where people "solo".
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •