Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.

█▓▒░ Naruto Manga Schedule/Release Date

~When the new manga comes out or if there will be one this week~

Wednesday is not the usual schedule time for the new manga release anymore seeing the current trend. It's not confirmed but if these last few weeks are an indicator, manga days for the big three or other WSJ publications have been shifted to Thursday/Friday at best. Further information will be added when we get it.

Mod Break by Ira
    UPDATED: September 17, 2014

For those who didn't notice the end of the last page:

Thank you for for being patient and understanding!

Remember that the chapters we get on Wednesday/Thursday are for a magazine that comes out on Monday next to it. For years Japanese bookstores got the magazine shipped a week early. But now in a bid to reduce leaks and piracy they have reduced the gap between shipping and the release date.

It all comes down to when raw scans are available and how fast they can be translated. Keep in mind that it's all depends on free volunteer work by other fans. So there is no official dates for such releases only tentative.

Please do not create new threads if you are wondering that the manga is delayed, or whether there is a break. Just check in this thread. If there is a change in the normal schedule we will edit or add a new post with the relevant information.

If there is no new update then manga is on schedule. If you have any confirmed information contrary to it please share it, but only if confirmed. No jokes in this regard or it would be punished severely.

A double issue of a manga means we are going to get one chapter within a span of two weeks. It does not mean double content.

If one of the magaka(manga writer) goes on break, it skips the chapter following week and we get the new chapter the week after that, as usual.

If the WSJ( Weekly Shonen Jump Magazine) itself is on a break then sometimes we may get an early release of the upcoming issue somewhat in between two weeks. If so happens that would be the issue which was suppose to come later, on due date, and it still would be one chapter within two week time span.

Do not make threads asking about an early release, either. If there is one, it will be posted. If it's not posted we do not have it and no one knows anything for sure about it.

Please keep this thread clean as well. If you see that someone has already asked the question, there is no need to repeat the question or to chime in "I hope not" or so, nor repeat the answers already given.

About Stickied Spoiler Threads:

We make the manga spoiler threads a bit in advance as they may come before the actual release while it's still being cleaned and translated. It takes some time for doing all that properly and by no means just posting a spoiler thread, should lead to conclusion that it's already out.

Last edited by Ira; 09-17-2014 at 10:22 AM.

Status
    Mar 2013
    This user is too lazy to have
    a status

In the latest chapter it stated: "Next week the series takes a break. It will restart in Issue #01."

Everyone seems to think this means we have to wait until January for chapter 656, but this is not true.

The Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is assorted by Issue Numbers every year, and there are only 48 total Issues. Due to the fact that 4 of them are actually Double Issues, the last issue of the year corresponds with this and is numbered as Issue #52.

Issue #52 is usually released in the third week of November (next week, when Naruto is taking a break) and Issue #01 is released in the last week of November, which will be the beginning of the 'new WSJ year'.

Therefore, Naruto will be on break next week, as stated, but we will get chapter 656 in the week after.

While we are on this topic, I'd also like to clarify the differences between the mangaka (author) taking a break, and a Double Issue.

When there is a holiday, Weekly Shonen Jump will give us what is known as a 'Double Issue'. This does not mean we will get two chapters for one week. In fact, it means the exact opposite: we get one chapter over a two week time span. This is not only restricted to Naruto; it affects all of the WSJ mangas.

Outlined below are the dates of each holiday break that the Weekly Shonen Jump observes, along with the issue number for the corresponding Double Issue:

Issue #04-05 (3rd week of December) --> No WSJ in last week of December (End of Year)
    Issue #06-07 (first week of January) --> No WSJ in 2nd week of January (New Year)
    Issue #22-23 (last week of April) --> No WSJ in 1st week of May (Golden Week)
    Issue #36-37 or #37-38 (first week of August) --> No WSJ in 2nd week of August (Obon week)

This Double Issue business is different from the mangaka taking a break. We cannot predict when the author will take a break, we will only know at the end of the chapter that precedes the break. An example of that is this week's manga -- the author decided to take a break for one week, and it was posted at the end of the chapter. Fortunately for us, Weekly Shonen Jump will still publish all of its other manga next week (i.e. Bleach, One Piece, etc.) because only Kishimoto decided to take a break.

I hope this cleared some things up for people out there who were still confused.

-Thorium

Last edited by Thorium; 11-13-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: █▓▒░ Naruto Manga Schedule/Release Date

Quote Originally Posted by Thorium View Post
    In the latest chapter it stated: "Next week the series takes a break. It will restart in Issue #01."

Everyone seems to think this means we have to wait until January for chapter 656, but this is not true.

The Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is assorted by Issue Numbers every year, and there are only 48 total Issues.

Issue #48 is usually released in the third week of November (next week, when Naruto is taking a break) and Issue #01 is released in the last week of November.

Therefore, Naruto will be on break next week, as stated, but we will get chapter 656 in the week after.

While we are on this topic, I'd also like to clarify the differences between the mangaka (author) taking a break, and a Double Issue.

When there is a holiday, Weekly Shonen Jump will give us what is known as a 'Double Issue'. This does not mean we will get two chapters for one week. In fact, it means the exact opposite: we get one chapter over a two week time span. This is not only restricted to Naruto; it affects all of the WSJ mangas.

Outlined below are the dates of each holiday break that the Weekly Shonen Jump observes, along with the issue number for the corresponding Double Issue:

Issue #04-05 (3rd week of December) --> No WSJ in last week of December (End of Year)
    Issue #06-07 (first week of January) --> No WSJ in 2nd week of January (New Year)
    Issue #22-23 (last week of April) --> No WSJ in 1st week of May (Golden Week)
    Issue #36-37 or #37-38 (first week of August) --> No WSJ in 2nd week of August (Obon week)

This Double Issue business is different from the mangaka taking a break. We cannot predict when the author will take a break, we will only know at the end of the chapter that precedes the break. An example of that is this week's manga -- the author decided to take a break for one week, and it was posted at the end of the chapter. Fortunately for us, Weekly Shonen Jump will still publish all of its other manga next week (i.e. Bleach, One Piece, etc.) because only Kishimoto decided to take a break.

I hope this cleared some things up for people out there who were still confused.

-Thorium
    You are correct, but I would like to correct you on one thing so people don't get confused. There may be only 48 physical issues, but they are still numbered to 52. This chapter that came out today was from issue 51. Next week will be 52. When they do double issues the issues are numbered as issue 30-31 for example. So it still goes to 52.

Issue 4 will be December 23 so it will probably be issue 4-5 that date. Issue 1 comes out December 2. Of course these are the official release dates in Japan, not the data manga stream/panda get them.

Last edited by boshans; 11-13-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kishiuzumaki View Post
    Last one took five days most of them come in 1-3 days . chapter 660 from 04-05 and i saw 06-07 is in sale in japan .
    No, no, no.
    We actually get to read the manga before Shōnen Jump is officially released in Japan. The RAWs that are translated come from helpful blokes that either have a WSJ subscription or can somehow lay their hands on the magazine before it's distributed to the shops for sale. Meaning that chapter 660 was from WSJ 06-07 and we can expect to have 661 about a week before the official release date of WSJ 08.

The reason I said it would be a week before the official release is because we tend to get the chapters a couple of days earlier when there's a break. Under normal circumstances it would be about 5 days before the release, the 15th of January.

Status
    Jan 2012
    The user is enjoying the
    manga.

This is what i read on Mangastream and i thought it would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangastream
    Every year, Jump has 4 scheduled breaks. Though there can be irregular breaks, they are incredibly rare - iirc the last one was during the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami in 2011. Individual series can take a week (or more) off any time, usually because the mangaka need extra time for research or have health issues, but the entire magazine normally only goes on break when there are national holidays.

These are the approximate times, the specific dates are different every year, naturally.

Issue #04-05 -> third week of December
    Issue #06-07 -> first week of January
    Issue #22-23 -> last week of April
    Issue #36-37 -> first week of August

As you can see, the issues all have a double number, hence why we call them double issues. We've tried explaining how this all works many times in the past, including drawing sketches and whatnot, but many some people still misunderstood what double issue means, so I figured I'd give it one more try here.

There's 52 weeks in a year and WSJ is a weekly series, hence every issue is labelled with a number. However, they don't correspond with the actual weeks of the year. WSJ's year begins in December. Don't ask me why. At the time of writing this, December 18th, we're already on Issue #4-5. Also, have you ever noticed how at the end of some monthly series, like Claymore, it says "To be continued in the March issue" or something along the lines? Well, the March issue is released sometime in early February and just covers the period until March.

In order to not break the naming pattern, the issues preceeding a holiday receive two numbers, covering for two weeks effectively, they are what we call double issues. Now, I know it may seem natural to assume that they also must contain two chapters of everything to 'make up' for the lack of Jump in the following week - but that is not so.

This is something that really bothers me when people complain about it. "Why don't they draw a 2nd chapter!" Because it's a lot of work, obviously. It's almost like asking why they don't just draw the whole story in one night and get over with it already. Why? Because they're 'only' human, and already work crazy hours. Because you can't force creativity, and because they also have a right to have some time off with their families. Most fans are completely understanding of this though, which is much appreciated.

So yeah, if it hasn't been clear yet - there's only one chapter in double issues, just like there's only one chapter in regular issues. Besides, if there really were two chapters of every series in Jump for those weeks, the already phone book like shape of the magazine would turn into something that could easily kill you if it fell on your head...

Now, let's see what to expect this year. Issue #04-05 was released today, meaning the following week there's usually no Jump. However, due to various circumstances, this rule doesn't always hold true during the Christmas holidays. In the past few years we usually got the next issue (#06-07) extra early, I personally expect it between December 26th and 28th, but take that as an educated guess, nothing's confirmed. If I remember correctly, issue #8 came out on January 15th last year, so there was quite a long break and it's likely to happen the same way this year again.

Status
    Apr 2014
    This user has no status.

There have been too many threads about the Naruto Manga in the past couple of minutes, so I'd thought I'd try to clear the confusion about what is going on because not many people are understanding it.

The volumes of Naruto Manga that we see online were being released on Wednesdays, give or take a day depending on your timezone. However, these manga episodes were "Early releases". By that I mean the volumes of Naruto are released at different days, one being on Wednesdays and the other volumes on later days.

The Japanese government has now decided to be more strict on the early releases of manga in different areas, and instead of releasing it early they have decided to release it at the proper times. This means that the manga will most likely not be released today, and instead be released at a later date (some people are saying on Monday, Tuesday next week which is about right).

This does not mean that you will have to pay for manga, because so long as scanners exist people will upload the volumes and we will able to enjoy them at new but regular intervals.

Quote Originally Posted by Floydical View Post
    Ya if this sticks there will simply be a new release day, probably Monday instead of Wednesday. People will think we missed a manga chapter that respective week, but the truth is we were getting them 5 days early anyway, so we'd just have to get used to a new release day.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Drawing stuff.

A French website that hosts the manga has posted an explanation for the delay. They are saying the reason for the Shonen Jump Weekly delay is the same as the reason for the delay of Shonen Magazine last week. The reason was that deliveries came in later than usual.

http://mfteam.fr/shonen-jump-pas-de-...ut-est-decale/

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

A few years ago i used to read the chapter in Friday.....
    so no problem for me.

Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Well, it's pretty annoying today since I was highly anticipating this specific chapter (to see if my beloved Kaguya-hime gets sealed or not...) and we didn't get to know about this change earlier, but it's no problem in the long run at all. People will just have to anticipate the manga on Thursday/Friday/Saturday/whatever day it comes out from now on.

Status
    Jul 2014
    This user has no status.

So from now on there wont be new chapter on wednesday every week or just this week? didnt really understand

Status
    Jul 2012
    Kizaru, Beckman, Marco,
    Rayleigh>your fav

Quote Originally Posted by udoo View Post
    So from now on there wont be new chapter on wednesday every week or just this week? didnt really understand
    From now on...Japan is totally cracking down on anime and manga piracy completely.

Status
    May 2013
    I got something I absolutely
    must tell ya.. wait for me.

Well i learned from ************* that it still is about a week before naruto 690is released... As well as other mangas

The Best Member U_U Forbidden Tale's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2014
    /

Sorry if this was posted before!

From Baidu mods:

可能有些吧友还不知道:我们每周周 看到的汉化 是日本下周一才发售的内容 也就是说 我们看到的偷跑的先行版

现在日本正在打击这件事 所以情报师比较谨慎 到现在还没情报 本周的汉化能不能向往常一样周三出 是未知 大家稍安勿躁 等一下吧

借此机会也跟大家说一下 有些能上twitter的吧友 不要周三看到汉化 就跑去98的twitter讨论新漫画 因为这时日本还没发售,日本是非常 重版权的 我们自己内部尝鲜看下先行汉化 自己偷着乐就行 不要去知会原作者 这样只会导致作者恼怒 引起日本方面重视 那么以后可能看到这种先行汉化的机 就越来越少了
    Translation:

The chapters you see on Wednesday are leaked from Japan.. But Japan is trying to clear stuff up (legally). So the chapters cannot be released yet. So please wait as we are taking this opportunity to tell people to not complain to the 98/twitter as it is not on sale in Japan yet.

Japan makes a big deal of this and if you guys create a fuss over it, then in the future there may be less chance of receiving early chapters.

波風ミナト - 四代目火影 Jiku no Kiiroi Senko's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2014
    木ノ葉の黄色い閃光 .
    予言の子 .
    この世の救世主 .

Re: Wednesday chapters

See , they say early chapters . Which means if we don't get early chapter we are getting them when they are on sale in Japan.

The Best Member U_U Forbidden Tale's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2014
    /

Quote Originally Posted by Valhorus View Post
    See , they say early chapters . Which means if we don't get early chapter we are getting them when they are on sale in Japan.
    Today is Wednesday (27 August), we got chapter on that Wednesday, but they are illegal.
    Official chapter release is on Monday (01 September).

What I think is that in the future we will not get early release of chapter on Wendesday, we will got them on Monday.

I can't really remember, but it seems in the past chapters were released on Monday Friday.

Well, not so long ago it was "Friday's of Jump".

since 2010 we started to have chapters on Thursdays then Wednesdays, and wasn't 'till chapter 481 with the "rise" of mangapanda that we started to have the chapters every wednesday dawning flawlessly. Just back to Omanga old days

✦The 11th Sin of Judging✦ -Drāke-'s Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2014
    "Love me or hate me,
    both are in my favor… If you
    love me, I'll always be in
    your heart… If you hate me,
    I'll always be in your
    mind." -Shakespeare on
    the folly of being a hater

Quote Originally Posted by iNotō View Post
    It comes either friday or monday?
    Most likely Friday, like it used to be

Status
    Jun 2012
    Makin' Magic.

I'll put a human tongue on Google translation:

Shonen Jump: No chapter today, all have been postponed.

Hi everyone,

...there won't be an issue of WSJ today, therefore no Naruto, OP or Bleach, we'll have to wait until Thursday to know for sure or more accurately, a release on Friday.

To make it simple, WSJ have always been released five days ahead of the theoretical release date (Which is Monday) and if this delay becomes too significant, the delivery drivers will slow them a bit (The Japanese government have also been more incisive recently)...

Therefore, there will be a scan - that won't change; it's just that we'll have to be a little more patient.

Last edited by Ira; 08-28-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    It's the basic truth of human
    nature that Everybody Lies;
    the only variable is
    "About WHAT?"

Well, guess we'll be getting the official releases from this point on, on torrents, iff by some chance the release date of viz usa is same as japan now, then.

Status
    Jan 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by vasu 32 View Post
    Well, guess we'll be getting the official releases from this point on, on torrents, iff by some chance the release date of viz usa is same as japan now, then.
    Well the viz release date is the same ad Japan. This Monday Naruto 690 is supposed to be released officially, in Japan and on the viz site, the only reason we got it earlier was because they delivered the newest issue a week earlier to stores in Japan, but it wasn't supposed to be sold until the following Monday. Some people have access to those issues, get them earlier, and they give the raws to the scanlators. So if they can only get them on Friday now, it won't be released for a day maybe, so say Saturday we'll have them.

Or could just wait till Monday and read the official version.... Yea you need to pay but it's like 24 bucks a year, good deal in my mind, you get to keep every issue also to read online even if your subscription runs out.

Guardian of Leaf ANBU dark legion's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2012
    This status represent a Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    A few years ago i used to read the chapter in Friday.....
    so no problem for me.
    so here's a guy who gets it !!!

sometimes we wait 2 weeks to see a chapter , and now nobody can wait up to 5 days !!!!

after new schedule , and new release date .. it will be the same .. each 7day 1 chapter !

Status
    Jun 2012
    Makin' Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by dark legion View Post
    so here's a guy who gets it !!!

sometimes we wait 2 weeks to see a chapter , and now nobody can wait up to 5 days !!!!

after new schedule , and new release date .. it will be the same .. each 7day 1 chapter !
    But you don't get it, we already have waited two weeks, it's now over two weeks. But the Google Translation was poop anyway, it's not permanent. The original article spoke of ONE individual instance, that's all.

Anyway, doesn't change the fact that certain sources acting in private can't be targeted by the piracy operation because they're off the radar. One of those sources is even where I get my raws from nowadays.

Last edited by Bushi; 08-28-2014 at 12:22 AM.

Status
    This user has no status.

Ill Buy the Manga when the Anime becomes good.

Status
    Dec 2011
    When the road gets dark and
    you can no longer see let my
    love throw a spark have a
    little faith in me .

what a drag its turning out to be . such a big fuss for unoriginal translations . they should make the manga free .

Status
    Oct 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary777 View Post
    what a drag its turning out to be . such a big fuss for unoriginal translations . they should make the manga free .
    Not sure if troll or very stupid...

波風ミナト - 四代目火影 Jiku no Kiiroi Senko's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2014
    木ノ葉の黄色い閃光 .
    予言の子 .
    この世の救世主 .

Quote Originally Posted by BlacLord View Post
    But you don't get it, we already have waited two weeks, it's now over two weeks. But the Google Translation was poop anyway, it's not permanent. The original article spoke of ONE individual instance, that's all.

Anyway, doesn't change the fact that certain sources acting in private can't be targeted by the piracy operation because they're off the radar. One of those sources is even where I get my raws from nowadays.
    How we waited 2 weeks since we get 1 chapter last week ? If the new chapter comes out on firday it will be 10 days since we were waiting .

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»