Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It’is undivided, but
    exists in all divided things
    as if it has been divided; it
    is also the sustainer of all
    things, as it is also their
    absorber and also their
    creator. "

█▓▒░ Naruto Manga Schedule/Release Date

~When the new manga comes out or if there will be one this week~

The usual schedule time for the new manga release is around Wednesday. It may be few hours early or late depending upon how much time it takes in cleaning, translating and typesetting etc and your time zone. Please be patient.

Mod Break by Ira
    UPDATED: April, 25, 2014

Head's up folks! Japan will be celebrating Golden Week from April 29 to May 3.

That means all publications will be closed too and their employees will get a holiday. That means no new manga will be published during that week.

What this means for people looking for manga:

One chapter between two weeks.

No Double issue doesn't translate in to two chapters- just one chapter during two weeks.

Yes I know it feels weird to us but that's how they call it in Japan- they have their own language and way to work. Get over it.

Thank you for for being patient and understanding!

Please do not create new threads if you are wondering that the manga is delayed, or whether there is a break. Just check in this thread. If there is a change in the normal schedule we will edit or add a new post with the relevant information.

If there is no new update then manga is on schedule. If you have any confirmed info contrary to it please share it, but only if confirmed. No jokes in this regard or it would be punished severely.

A double issue of a manga means we are going to get one chapter within a span of two weeks. It does not mean double content.

If one of the magaka(manga writer) goes on break, it skips the chapter following week and we get the new chapter the week after that, as usual.

If the WSJ( Weekly Shonen Jump Magazine) itself is on a break then sometimes we may get an early release of the upcoming issue somewhat in between two weeks. If so happens that would be the issue which was suppose to come later, on due date, and it still would be one chapter within two week time span.

Do not make threads asking about an early release. If there is one, it will be posted. If it's not posted we do not have it and no one knows anything for sure about it.

Please keep this thread clean as well. If you see that someone has already asked the question, there is no need to repeat the question or to chime in "I hope not" or so, nor repeat the answers already given.

About Stickied Spoiler Threads:

We make the manga spoiler threads a bit in advance as they may come before the actual release while it's still being cleaned and translated. It takes some time for doing all that properly and by no means just posting a spoiler thread, should lead to conclusion that it's already out.

Last edited by Ira; 05-18-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is too lazy to have
    a status

█▓▒░ Naruto Manga Schedule/Release Date

In the latest chapter it stated: "Next week the series takes a break. It will restart in Issue #01."

Everyone seems to think this means we have to wait until January for chapter 656, but this is not true.

The Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is assorted by Issue Numbers every year, and there are only 48 total Issues. Due to the fact that 4 of them are actually Double Issues, the last issue of the year corresponds with this and is numbered as Issue #52.

Issue #52 is usually released in the third week of November (next week, when Naruto is taking a break) and Issue #01 is released in the last week of November, which will be the beginning of the 'new WSJ year'.

Therefore, Naruto will be on break next week, as stated, but we will get chapter 656 in the week after.

While we are on this topic, I'd also like to clarify the differences between the mangaka (author) taking a break, and a Double Issue.

When there is a holiday, Weekly Shonen Jump will give us what is known as a 'Double Issue'. This does not mean we will get two chapters for one week. In fact, it means the exact opposite: we get one chapter over a two week time span. This is not only restricted to Naruto; it affects all of the WSJ mangas.

Outlined below are the dates of each holiday break that the Weekly Shonen Jump observes, along with the issue number for the corresponding Double Issue:

Issue #04-05 (3rd week of December) --> No WSJ in last week of December (End of Year)
    Issue #06-07 (first week of January) --> No WSJ in 2nd week of January (New Year)
    Issue #22-23 (last week of April) --> No WSJ in 1st week of May (Golden Week)
    Issue #36-37 or #37-38 (first week of August) --> No WSJ in 2nd week of August (Obon week)

This Double Issue business is different from the mangaka taking a break. We cannot predict when the author will take a break, we will only know at the end of the chapter that precedes the break. An example of that is this week's manga -- the author decided to take a break for one week, and it was posted at the end of the chapter. Fortunately for us, Weekly Shonen Jump will still publish all of its other manga next week (i.e. Bleach, One Piece, etc.) because only Kishimoto decided to take a break.

I hope this cleared some things up for people out there who were still confused.

-Thorium

Last edited by Thorium; 11-13-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BigFigJ

Re: █▓▒░ Naruto Manga Schedule/Release Date

Very helpful.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

very helpful

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorium View Post
    In the latest chapter it stated: "Next week the series takes a break. It will restart in Issue #01."

Everyone seems to think this means we have to wait until January for chapter 656, but this is not true.

The Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is assorted by Issue Numbers every year, and there are only 48 total Issues.

Issue #48 is usually released in the third week of November (next week, when Naruto is taking a break) and Issue #01 is released in the last week of November.

Therefore, Naruto will be on break next week, as stated, but we will get chapter 656 in the week after.

While we are on this topic, I'd also like to clarify the differences between the mangaka (author) taking a break, and a Double Issue.

When there is a holiday, Weekly Shonen Jump will give us what is known as a 'Double Issue'. This does not mean we will get two chapters for one week. In fact, it means the exact opposite: we get one chapter over a two week time span. This is not only restricted to Naruto; it affects all of the WSJ mangas.

Outlined below are the dates of each holiday break that the Weekly Shonen Jump observes, along with the issue number for the corresponding Double Issue:

Issue #04-05 (3rd week of December) --> No WSJ in last week of December (End of Year)
    Issue #06-07 (first week of January) --> No WSJ in 2nd week of January (New Year)
    Issue #36-37 or #37-38 (first week of August) --> No WSJ in 2nd week of August (Obon week)

This Double Issue business is different from the mangaka taking a break. We cannot predict when the author will take a break, we will only know at the end of the chapter that precedes the break. An example of that is this week's manga -- the author decided to take a break for one week, and it was posted at the end of the chapter. Fortunately for us, Weekly Shonen Jump will still publish all of its other manga next week (i.e. Bleach, One Piece, etc.) because only Kishimoto decided to take a break.

I hope this cleared some things up for people out there who were still confused.

-Thorium
    You are correct, but I would like to correct you on one thing so people don't get confused. There may be only 48 physical issues, but they are still numbered to 52. This chapter that came out today was from issue 51. Next week will be 52. When they do double issues the issues are numbered as issue 30-31 for example. So it still goes to 52.

Issue 4 will be December 23 so it will probably be issue 4-5 that date. Issue 1 comes out December 2. Of course these are the official release dates in Japan, not the data manga stream/panda get them.

Last edited by boshans; 11-13-2013 at 02:24 PM.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    a status

Quote Originally Posted by boshans View Post
    You are correct, but I would like to correct you on one thing so people don't get confused. There may be only 48 physical issues, but they are still numbered to 52. This chapter that came out today was from issue 51. Next week will be 52. When they do double issues the issues are numbered as issue 30-31 for example. So it still goes to 52.

Issue 4 will be December 23 so it will probably be issue 4-5 that date. Issue 1 comes out December 2. Of course these are the official release dates in Japan, not the data manga stream/panda get them.
    Yeah, that's right.

Thanks for the correction.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    a status

There is no Naruto manga next week.

Chapter 659, which was released two days ago, was a part of the WSJ Double Issue #04-05. As I explained in my previous post, this means there is no Weekly Shonen Jump next week, consequently meaning there will be no Naruto, Bleach or One Piece.

However, the week after that (1st week in January), the WSJ will resume and we will get chapter 660 (Issue #06-07, which is unfortunately another Double Issue).

Hope this clears things up for everyone.

Last edited by Thorium; 12-19-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

There is no Naruto manga next week.

Chapter 659, which was released two days ago, was a part of the WSJ Double Issue #04-05. As I explained in my previous post, this means there is no Weekly Shonen Jump next week, consequently meaning there will be no Naruto, Bleach or One Piece.

However, the week after that (1st week in January), the WSJ will resume and we will get chapter 660 (Issue #06-07, which is unfortunately another Double Issue).

Hope this clears things up for everyone.
    damn it...

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Does this mean we can expect next issue around 1/8/2014 ?

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    a status

Quote Originally Posted by 6ari8 View Post
    Does this mean we can expect next issue around 1/8/2014 ?
    No, that would only be a 1-week break. We won't get Naruto for another 2 weeks because of the two Double Issues (#04-05 & #06-07) they just released back-to-back.

So the next Naruto chapter we get should be on the 15th of January.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

No, that would only be a 1-week break. We won't get Naruto for another 2 weeks because of the two Double Issues (#04-05 & #06-07) they just released back-to-back.

So the next Naruto chapter we get should be on the 15th of January.
    But don't we get the manga about a week earlier than an issue's release?

Since issue #6-7 will be released on 1/04/2014, wouldn't issue #8 be released on Monday 1/13/2014?

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ari8 View Post
    But don't we get the manga about a week earlier than an issue's release?

Since issue #6-7 will be released on 1/04/2014, wouldn't issue #8 be released on Monday 1/13/2014?
    issue #8 is scheduled to release in japan on the 20th. there's a break after double issues as always.

we usually get scans a couple days before scheduled release so thorium's estimate of the 15th sounds about right.

personally i'm hoping for a chapter on the 11th my b-day.

Last edited by Xero; 12-29-2013 at 12:12 AM.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    issue #8 is scheduled to release in japan on the 20th. there's a break after double issues as always.

we usually get scans a couple days before scheduled release so thorium's estimate of the 15th sounds about right.

personally i'm hoping for a chapter on the 11th my b-day.
    I see...

I was confused since #4-5 was released on 12/21/13 and after two weeks #6-7 will be released on 1/04/14 so I thought Saturday was counted as part of the week with the Monday before it.

It's going to be pain to wait that long

Academy Student
    Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Isnt Gintama in the same mag? Didn't that come out this week? Or were they just really slow translating last weeks?
    Maybe the translators decided to wait until after the new years bender is over to let us have a taste of naruto. I'd probably want them to shake off the hangover too ya know. double vision might make for a funny translation.

Last edited by gregtglowe; 01-01-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by gregtglowe View Post
    Isnt Gintama in the same mag? Didn't that come out this week? Or were they just really slow translating last weeks?
    Maybe the translators decided to wait until after the new years bender is over to let us have a taste of naruto. I'd probably want them to shake off the hangover too ya know. double vision might make for a funny translation.
    Gintama is published in WSJ but the scanlation group (hiwamatanoboru) were behind by a chapter for a long time and they finally caught up.

They also said in their website that Jump is off for two weeks.

Last edited by 6ari8; 01-01-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Here this is jump release dates last month and this month .

JUMP #01 : December 02.
    JUMP #02 : December 09.
    JUMP #03 : December 16.
    JUMP #04-05 : December 21 (Sathurday because Monday 23 is a Public Holiday).
    JUMP Jump Next! 2014 Winter : December 27.
    JUMP #06-07 : January 04.
    JUMP #08 : January 20.

I think chapter comes out few days after the jump release .

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kishiuzumaki View Post
    Here this is jump release dates last month and this month .

JUMP #01 : December 02.
    JUMP #02 : December 09.
    JUMP #03 : December 16.
    JUMP #04-05 : December 21 (Sathurday because Monday 23 is a Public Holiday).
    JUMP Jump Next! 2014 Winter : December 27.
    JUMP #06-07 : January 04.
    JUMP #08 : January 20.

I think chapter comes out few days after the jump release .
    no they come out about 5 days or so before jump release.. chapter 660 was from 06-07..

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SixPathsOfTobi View Post
    no they come out about 5 days or so before jump release.. chapter 660 was from 06-07..
    Last one took five days most of them come in 1-3 days . chapter 660 from 04-05 and i saw 06-07 is in sale in japan .

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kishiuzumaki View Post
    Last one took five days most of them come in 1-3 days . chapter 660 from 04-05 and i saw 06-07 is in sale in japan .
    No, no, no.
    We actually get to read the manga before Shōnen Jump is officially released in Japan. The RAWs that are translated come from helpful blokes that either have a WSJ subscription or can somehow lay their hands on the magazine before it's distributed to the shops for sale. Meaning that chapter 660 was from WSJ 06-07 and we can expect to have 661 about a week before the official release date of WSJ 08.

The reason I said it would be a week before the official release is because we tend to get the chapters a couple of days earlier when there's a break. Under normal circumstances it would be about 5 days before the release, the 15th of January.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Living in a free country where
    you are limited to 250gb of
    bandwidth a month for $170 a
    month.

Straight from mangapanda's directory of Naruto.

The chapter should be up anywhere from the 11th to the 15th lets all just relax. :D

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good Lawd,what have you done

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

In other words, the manga comes out in the middle of next week. I don't understand all the confusion, btw. Last chapter was a double issue, and it came out officially in Japan last Monday. So there has to be a break (reason with the double issue). So stop asking really, lol.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for sensei :T_T:

This is what i read on Mangastream and i thought it would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangastream
    Every year, Jump has 4 scheduled breaks. Though there can be irregular breaks, they are incredibly rare - iirc the last one was during the Tohoku earthquake and tsunami in 2011. Individual series can take a week (or more) off any time, usually because the mangaka need extra time for research or have health issues, but the entire magazine normally only goes on break when there are national holidays.

These are the approximate times, the specific dates are different every year, naturally.

Issue #04-05 -> third week of December
    Issue #06-07 -> first week of January
    Issue #22-23 -> last week of April
    Issue #36-37 -> first week of August

As you can see, the issues all have a double number, hence why we call them double issues. We've tried explaining how this all works many times in the past, including drawing sketches and whatnot, but many some people still misunderstood what double issue means, so I figured I'd give it one more try here.

There's 52 weeks in a year and WSJ is a weekly series, hence every issue is labelled with a number. However, they don't correspond with the actual weeks of the year. WSJ's year begins in December. Don't ask me why. At the time of writing this, December 18th, we're already on Issue #4-5. Also, have you ever noticed how at the end of some monthly series, like Claymore, it says "To be continued in the March issue" or something along the lines? Well, the March issue is released sometime in early February and just covers the period until March.

In order to not break the naming pattern, the issues preceeding a holiday receive two numbers, covering for two weeks effectively, they are what we call double issues. Now, I know it may seem natural to assume that they also must contain two chapters of everything to 'make up' for the lack of Jump in the following week - but that is not so.

This is something that really bothers me when people complain about it. "Why don't they draw a 2nd chapter!" Because it's a lot of work, obviously. It's almost like asking why they don't just draw the whole story in one night and get over with it already. Why? Because they're 'only' human, and already work crazy hours. Because you can't force creativity, and because they also have a right to have some time off with their families. Most fans are completely understanding of this though, which is much appreciated.

So yeah, if it hasn't been clear yet - there's only one chapter in double issues, just like there's only one chapter in regular issues. Besides, if there really were two chapters of every series in Jump for those weeks, the already phone book like shape of the magazine would turn into something that could easily kill you if it fell on your head...

Now, let's see what to expect this year. Issue #04-05 was released today, meaning the following week there's usually no Jump. However, due to various circumstances, this rule doesn't always hold true during the Christmas holidays. In the past few years we usually got the next issue (#06-07) extra early, I personally expect it between December 26th and 28th, but take that as an educated guess, nothing's confirmed. If I remember correctly, issue #8 came out on January 15th last year, so there was quite a long break and it's likely to happen the same way this year again.

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

According to the jump website, it looks like the next issue isn't due out until January 20th.

http://www.shonenjump.com/e/weeklyshonenjump/next.html

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong. I sure hope so.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post
    According to the jump website, it looks like the next issue isn't due out until January 20th.

http://www.shonenjump.com/e/weeklyshonenjump/next.html

Maybe I'm understanding this wrong. I sure hope so.
    you're understanding it right.. but we get it ~5 days before the official release so next wedsnesday or so the next chapter will be there.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»