Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 54
  1. #26
    Zexion~'s Avatar
    Status
    Zexion~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    11,104
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only way to truly escape
    the mundane is for you to
    constantly be evolving.
    Whether you choose to aim high
    or aim low, enjoy each day for
    what it is.
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    ttack on titan is complete trash , the most repetitive anime ever ...Its easily the most overrated anime...ever
     
         

  2. #27
    Accompany On U. Itachi Twisted007's Avatar
    Status
    Twisted007 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kingdom of Predators
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunting my dreams
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by 6ari8 View Post
    I know that he risked his life by mading a commitment similar to Kurapika but he didn't face any consequences eventually. This means that as long as Alluka is available, he can use that power whenever he is in a bind. Also, the power he got was greater than Netero which was absurd IMO. Netero said that Pitou was stronger than him. He was planning to sacrifice his life to kill Meruem but didn't get a similar power and only killed him because of the poison


    If you don't call that random power ups then why do you say Naruto has random power ups?


    I'm not saying that I didn't like the manga. I obviously enjoyed it a lot since I read all of it but the story isn't better than Naruto's. Also, while it's true that the Naruto anime is very bad right now and HxH is better, when I compare the two, I'm including part 1 Naruto. When I compare the manga only, Naruto is better.
    You can't seriously think that he will use that mode ever again. It was a one time thing, if he were to use it again than he will die cuz Killua left with Alluka. To me it makes sense that an adult Gon would be stronger than an old Netero, Netero said that he was the strongest nen user 50 years ago.

    I think that Netero was being modest when he said that pitou was stronger than him. But neither way the outcome of a nen battle isn't determined by aura alone. And pitou isn't as strong as the king.

    Enjoyment is one thing, quality is another. I enjoy Naruto or els I wouldn't be here but HxH is clearly written better. HxH is full of surprised, who thought that Killua would fail the exam, Hisoka would be in heaven's arena, Kurapika not having a fight to death with Chrollo ect. Naruto isnt like that, even good arcs like chunin exam didn't have twists, Naruto and Sasuke pretty much won every battle. The only time Kishi surprised me in a good way is Sasuke winning against Naruto in part 1 and Itachi being a hero. I don't like how he trolls villains, Akatsuki member committing suicide, I don't get why deidera killed himself just to win from Sasuke who he never met before, Naruo tnj a villain like Nagato. And I don't like this whole notion of the mc always defeating his opponent, I like Gon more than Naruto because of that.

    You don't call Sasuke hawk and Sakura chakra diamond thing a random power up
    ? Pain invasion was just few weeks ago in Naruto time, she couldn't use it back than but now she can lmao
    And Sasuke finding hawk contract out of nowhere, even Obito was confused.
     
         

  3. #28
    Senior Member razinzell's Avatar
    Status
    razinzell is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,159
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Agreed. Those are currently the only 2 anime that I look forward to watching each week.

    I can say that HxH is better than Naruto. But you can't really compare AOT to Naruto since it only has 17 episodes so far.
     
         

  4. #29
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    It's clear that you don't like Togashi for some reason but I do not feel the need to defend your personal insults towards him but let me say this, he is a mangaka and not a charity, he writes stories and fans of his work can buy a good drawn volumes.

    Really I don't understand why your stepping in his shoes and making predictions of how he will handle future, you cant say a thing about future arcs unless you have some inside information or crystal ball lmao.
    You see I've been following HXH since 1999 when the 1st anime was made, its maybe hard for you to understand but Togashi is just fooling around with this Hiatus, this series should have ended a long time a go, it could have been so much better if he dedicated more effort into his character, like wha he did with Yu Yu Hakusho, YYH is similar with HXH it also have 4 main character and everyone got their time to shine, no one was favored,

    and yeah he is a Mangaka but that doesn't mean he can just give such chapter to a Magazine like WSJ, they payed him /page for that you know the only thing that allow him to keep doing that is he's a legendary mangaka who wrote YYH one of WSJ top 10 sales of all time....., lots of Mangaka also have some difficulties like illness, like Eiichiro Oda the author of one piece, recently he fell ill and get hospitalized for 2 weeks and you know what he did in the hospital ? he continue his work without decreasing his art quality,

    and really it don't take a genius to figure out what Togashi's trying to do with the Dark Continent Arc, looking at the fact that Gon has completed his goal by meeting Gin and finds out why he become a hunter, there will be a lot of fighting and new move/characters in this arc considering how strong the Chimera, imagine what kind of creature that lurking in that unexplored land, just like in YYH when MC storm into the yokai world to kick some major ass...

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Are we even reading the same manga?

    Heavens arena - Gon got his ass handed to him by Hisoka after months of training and Hisoka wasn't even trying to kill him.



    Yorknew city - Gon got captured not ones but twice and thats all he did in the whole arc. Phinks could have broken his neck, Feitan was about the break his arm and he couldn't do jackshit about it



    Greed Island - A very long training arc and at the end of the arc Gon still got his ass handed to him by Genthru, he only won thanks to Killua's plan. And we also have the dodgeball game where Killua was prised like no other and Hisoka won the match for the team. Normally that is the MC job.




    Chimera ant - manga spoilers
    Gon and Killua are not strong enough and Kite lost an arm while he was protecting them. He couldn't save Kite, He stand no chance against the royal guards let alone the king who is the main villain of the arc. Because of frustration and pain he almost give up his life to kill Pitou, he would have died if Killua didn't get Alluka.


    So when did HxH use this format? ''Bad Guy Appear > MC Training> Victory''
    *sigh* why do you think i wrote "so what if he lose countless battle ?" you really failed to understand what's the meaning of Typical Shounen Series huh ?

    VICTORY doesn't mean that MC need to win his battles..... what i mean by that is their Goal was accomplished and the bad guy failed that's all there is to it, and you can't really include the heavens arena arc cause it was considered as training arc for Gon and Kil


    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Dude Kurapika got a whole arc (50+ chapters) just for his back story and goals, the dude is one of the best developed characters of HxH. Even Lelorio got a arc where he did his thing and his goal is to become a doctor not a hunter. What is Sakura's goal? and what arc did she get? Kage summit where she foolishly tried to kill Sasuke?

    I'm sorry but HxH got better developed main cast, a creative and complex power system, better villains and most important of all better story telling.
    Kakashi got a spin off of his past and ever since that time Kishimoto has been giving him a spot light almost in every arc, compared to Kurapika Kakashi has better development,

    and oh please i don't like Sakura but she got more character development than Leorio, what did Leorio do after the Zoldyack mansion arc ? even in the hunter exam arc he just there for the sake comedy he don't even fight to pass the exam... and now where is he ?
     
         

  5. #30
    Exiled Samurai Grimreaper8019's Avatar
    Status
    Grimreaper8019 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    298
    Post Thanks / Like
    "One should make his
    decisions within the space of
    seventh breath"
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghan View Post
    Naruto is last place in the Big 3.


    AoT is shitty and generic. It's garbage.

    HunterxHunter is amazing
    Agree'd .
     
         

  6. #31
    Accompany On U. Itachi Twisted007's Avatar
    Status
    Twisted007 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kingdom of Predators
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunting my dreams
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    You see I've been following HXH since 1999 when the 1st anime was made, its maybe hard for you to understand but Togashi is just fooling around with this Hiatus, this series should have ended a long time a go, it could have been so much better if he dedicated more effort into his character, like wha he did with Yu Yu Hakusho, YYH is similar with HXH it also have 4 main character and everyone got their time to shine, no one was favored,

    and yeah he is a Mangaka but that doesn't mean he can just give such chapter to a Magazine like WSJ, they payed him /page for that you know the only thing that allow him to keep doing that is he's a legendary mangaka who wrote YYH one of WSJ top 10 sales of all time....., lots of Mangaka also have some difficulties like illness, like Eiichiro Oda the author of one piece, recently he fell ill and get hospitalized for 2 weeks and you know what he did in the hospital ? he continue his work without decreasing his art quality,

    and really it don't take a genius to figure out what Togashi's trying to do with the Dark Continent Arc, looking at the fact that Gon has completed his goal by meeting Gin and finds out why he become a hunter, there will be a lot of fighting and new move/characters in this arc considering how strong the Chimera, imagine what kind of creature that lurking in that unexplored land, just like in YYH when MC storm into the yokai world to kick some major ass...
    So your following HxH since 1999, good for you and I understand that the wait for new chapters is frustrating, as I said earlier, I would perfer HxH to become a monthly manga. You really take the drawing WSJ gets to heart, I would almost think that you got a business interest here. But it's non of my business what goes down between WSJ and Togashi, I got no interest in WSJ, I'm satisfied as long as I can buy good drawn manga volumes. I haven't seen YYH so can't say anythin on those comments but I will tell you this, HxH still got 3/4 arcs left so it's to early to make that kind of conclusions.

    Again, your just speculating how Togashi will handle future arcs to make your point and it's pathetic.


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    *sigh* why do you think i wrote "so what if he lose countless battle ?" you really failed to understand what's the meaning of Typical Shounen Series huh ?

    VICTORY doesn't mean that MC need to win his battles..... what i mean by that is their Goal was accomplished and the bad guy failed that's all there is to it, and you can't really include the heavens arena arc cause it was considered as training arc for Gon and Kil
    Dude what are you waffling about? Are you trying to tell me that VICTORY doesn't mean winning a battle in a shounen battle manga? Because that is what HxH is and it's the only manga that I know of that makes the MC lose almost every battle, Naruto usually wins, same for Luffy, Ichigo, Goku, Natsuu and Yusuke (I have only seen 23 episodes of YYH).

    Your whole ''they accomplished their goals'' argument is not even valid and I will not even use Heavens Arena arc as proof ( even thou your reason for not including this arc makes no sense)

    - Kurapika goals in Yorknew city arc was to crush the Spiders but he failed miserably, he got more than 2000 mafia members killed and the Spiders are still active and functioning.

    - Gon wanted to go back to NGL and save Kite but he failed to defeat Knuckle and couldn't go to NGL and saving Kite was mission impossible from the start.

    And it's quite foolish to say that HxH is a typical shounen manga because the MC got goals, every story ever made have a MC with goals, are they all the same because of that? It's clear that your looking for excuses for your false claims but you need to try harder man...your making it way to easy for me

    But than again, your in a tough position. HxH is clearly better than Naruto even you admitted that in your first post


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    Kakashi got a spin off of his past and ever since that time Kishimoto has been giving him a spot light almost in every arc, compared to Kurapika Kakashi has better development,

    and oh please i don't like Sakura but she got more character development than Leorio, what did Leorio do after the Zoldyack mansion arc ? even in the hunter exam arc he just there for the sake comedy he don't even fight to pass the exam... and now where is he ?
    Kakashi didn't get more development/panel time that Kurapika got but I think that they are close. The big difference is that Kurapika got that much delevopment in just 340 chapters and Naruto got 642 chapters out now. And I'm sure that Kurapika got more development in those 340 chapters than Kakashi got in the first 340 chapters of Naruto. But if you doubt me , we can compare the chapters...lets see if you can put money where your mouth is.

    Lmao of at Sakura getting more character development than Lelorio, she cries and screamed for help more than Lelorio...I give you that much. Lelorio almost became
    chairman hunter association
    and he got a decent development during the exam. But I agree that Lelorio is the least developed character of the HxH main cast.
     
         
    Last edited by Twisted007; 08-11-2013 at 01:49 PM.

  7. #32
    - Always look forward -
    Status
    zamki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Turkey
    Posts
    15,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont ever make a mistake of
    trusting Backstabbers.
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    I couldnt agree more with you on this one.Hunter x Hunter is my fav anime atm...Btw We have the same sig,wtf?
     
         

  8. #33
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    So your following HxH since 1999, good for you and I understand that the wait for new chapters is frustrating, as I said earlier, I would perfer HxH to become a monthly manga. You really take the drawing WSJ gets to heart, I would almost think that you got a business interest here. But it's non of my business what goes down between WSJ and Togashi, I got no interest in WSJ, I'm satisfied as long as I can buy good drawn manga volumes. I haven't seen YYH so can't say anythin on those comments but I will tell you this, HxH still got 3/4 arcs left so it's to early to make that kind of conclusions.

    Again, your just speculating how Togashi will handle future arcs to make your point and it's pathetic.
    Listen now, Tankobon release only occurred for 1 or 2 month unlike the weekly chapters let alone the fact that the chapters need to be redrawn HXH volume release will take longer than how it supposed to be, that's why people complain about the art in each chapter.....

    that 3/4 arc is just you speculation, and my speculation about how Togashi will handled the future arc is understandable due to my experience with tons of similar manga, that's why i take YYH into account but since you never read YYH then you have nothing let alone claiming it pathetic to begin with idk why are you aggressive LOL




    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Dude what are you waffling about? Are you trying to tell me that VICTORY doesn't mean winning a battle in a shounen battle manga? Because that is what HxH is and it's the only manga that I know of that makes the MC lose almost every battle, Naruto usually wins, same for Luffy, Ichigo, Goku, Natsuu and Yusuke (I have only seen 23 episodes of YYH).

    Your whole ''they accomplished their goals'' argument is not even valid and I will not even use Heavens Arena arc as proof ( even thou your reason for not including this arc makes no sense)
    HXH is shounen battle manga ok ? and yes victory doesn't mean the MC need to win battles, because he don't have to win to acquired his goal to begin with, the main point is the arc ended with the MC team advantage that's what you called victory, i haven't seen an arc when the MC completely devastated and failed to achieve his goal like in One Piece where luffy failed to save his crew and his brother was killed when he tried to saved him, now that's what you called non typical shounen manga because everything goes against the MC will

    and yup the heavens arena arc is just traning arc what else ? that's where Gon and Kil learn how to use nen the match with Hisoka is just a cameo fight to see how much Gon have grown, you don't actually think that Gon can beat him are you ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    - Kurapika goals in Yorknew city arc was to crush the Spiders but he failed miserably, he got more than 2000 mafia members killed and the Spiders are still active and functioning.
    you don't actually think that Kurapica can wipe out the entire spider aren't you ? if yes then you're beyond help LOL,
    its clear that from the beginning Kurapica will have to wait to achieve his goal, that arc only served as in introduction for the spider for them to demonstrated their ability, but nonetheless kurapica make some progression by killing 2 spiders and manage to stop the spider temporarily, if you;re smart enough you should know that arc ended with Kurapica advantage, because he's not strong enough to beat them and now he will gain more time to train and strengthened his ability.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    - Gon wanted to go back to NGL and save Kite but he failed to defeat Knuckle and couldn't go to NGL and saving Kite was mission impossible from the start.
    and yet Kite survived yes ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    And it's quite foolish to say that HxH is a typical shounen manga because the MC got goals, every story ever made have a MC with goals, are they all the same because of that? It's clear that your looking for excuses for your false claims but you need to try harder man...your making it way to easy for me


    But than again, your in a tough position. HxH is clearly better than Naruto even you admitted that in your first post
    not foolish i have my reason lots of it, and you keep repeating Gon loses battle jajajajajaja huh ?
    its typical because it follows the same pattern like everyone else,

    well of course HXH is better than Naruto but then again why is that matter ? am not trying tell you which one is the best am just saying that both manga has it up and down and they;re not miles away to each other, you're making HXH looks like a perpect manga ( well that belong to One Piece heck even One Piece is not perfect ) with no flaw at all frankly that stupid...


    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Kakashi didn't get more development/panel time that Kurapika got but I think that they are close. The big difference is that Kurapika got that much delevopment in just 340 chapters and Naruto got 642 chapters out now. And I'm sure that Kurapika got more development in those 340 chapters than Kakashi got in the first 340 chapters of Naruto. But if you doubt me , we can compare the chapters...lets see if you can put money where your mouth is.
    nah Kakashi certainly got involved more in his manga than Kurapika, just count yourself how many times kakashi was involved in important battles, you can't just say kurapika got more because HXH have less chapter than Naruto when in Naruto the story revolves only for the 2 main character, its impressive enough that he made this far,

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Lmao of at Sakura getting more character development than Lelorio, she cries and screamed for help more than Lelorio...I give you that much. Lelorio almost became
    chairman hunter association
    and he got a decent development during the exam. But I agree that Lelorio is the least developed character of the HxH main cast.
    this is a serious problem, did you really hate Naruto that much ? or its just sakura ?
    even an infant should know that Sakura got development than Leorio, and why would take that him becoming chairman hunter association in account ? it only serve as comedy service for the manga, you don't actually think he's gonna win are you ?

    while Sakura has been upgrade more than Leorio in every way, Fighting styles,Technique etc
     
         
    Last edited by Totsuka No Tsurugi; 08-11-2013 at 04:46 PM.

  9. #34
    SENNIN RikudouMadara's Avatar
    Status
    RikudouMadara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Between this world and all others...
    Posts
    4,871
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walk not in darkness....for
    one who is blind cannot see
    the next step......UNLESS
    YOURE MADARA UCHIHA >_O
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Twisted those walls of text! You are very astute when you do something. Well imho HxH is atm far superior it's magnificent at keeping you interested and your eyes peeled. Also...Twisted is probably the smartest person on NB imho. When she knows something understand that she indeed knows!
     
         

  10. #35
    Chīkara's Avatar
    Status
    Chīkara is online now
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,606
    Post Thanks / Like
    火影
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Well damn.. This Discussion is out of my league
     
         

  11. #36
    Accompany On U. Itachi Twisted007's Avatar
    Status
    Twisted007 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kingdom of Predators
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunting my dreams
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    Listen now, Tankobon release only occurred for 1 or 2 month unlike the weekly chapters let alone the fact that the chapters need to be redrawn HXH volume release will take longer than how it supposed to be, that's why people complain about the art in each chapter.....

    that 3/4 arc is just you speculation, and my speculation about how Togashi will handled the future arc is understandable due to my experience with tons of similar manga, that's why i take YYH into account but since you never read YYH then you have nothing let alone claiming it pathetic to begin with idk why are you aggressive LOL
    Did I sounded aggressive? my bad I should have used a smiley.

    Again, I understand that the fans have frustration because of all the waiting. Don't understand why you keep bringin this up. About the 3/4 arcs, I found a part of the supposed interview on HxH wikia if you can the same thing for your claim than we can call it even. Until than

    My speculation > Your speculation


    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    HXH is shounen battle manga ok ? and yes victory doesn't mean the MC need to win battles, because he don't have to win to acquired his goal to begin with, the main point is the arc ended with the MC team advantage that's what you called victory, i haven't seen an arc when the MC completely devastated and failed to achieve his goal like in One Piece where luffy failed to save his crew and his brother was killed when he tried to saved him, now that's what you called non typical shounen manga because everything goes against the MC will

    and yup the heavens arena arc is just traning arc what else ? that's where Gon and Kil learn how to use nen the match with Hisoka is just a cameo fight to see how much Gon have grown, you don't actually think that Gon can beat him are you ?

    you don't actually think that Kurapica can wipe out the entire spider aren't you ? if yes then you're beyond help LOL,
    its clear that from the beginning Kurapica will have to wait to achieve his goal, that arc only served as in introduction for the spider for them to demonstrated their ability, but nonetheless kurapica make some progression by killing 2 spiders and manage to stop the spider temporarily, if you;re smart enough you should know that arc ended with Kurapica advantage, because he's not strong enough to beat them and now he will gain more time to train and strengthened his ability.....
    Your not getting it, I'm aware that a MC doesn't need to win his battles to achieve his goals, HxH is prime example of that. But most MC of battle shounen manga win majority of their battles, Naruto won every fight he had in part 1 untill he faced Sasuke. Ichigo defeated a experienced captain after 3 days of swinging a sword. I'm at episode 320 of one piece and Luffy is winning most of his battles of not all (can't remember everything so don't quote me on this one) I can list more but you get the drill.

    I expected Ace to die but I haven't heard anything about crew members dying, but if that happend than kudos to one piece for not taking the typical shounen route.

    Heavens arena was a training arc and I didn't want Gon to win against Hisoka after 5 months of training but hey I wasn't expecting Ichigo to defeat Kenpachi after few days of training.

    I didn't expect Kurapika to kill off all the spiders but I did atleast expected him to have a battle to the death with Chrollo and Chrollo dying at the hands of Kurapika. Thats why im so glad that the arc didn't end like that. But you say that Yorknew city arc ended with an advantage for Kurapika? I wonder if your trolling me when I read stuff like that

    Kurapika loses
    • more than half of his colleagues got killed because of him
    • the girl he was hired to protect lost her power
    • 2000 mafia men died because of his beef with the spiders
    • Spiders got full intel on him and his power
    • He didn't get even one pair of his clan eyes
    • Spider is still active infact Feitan and Phinks stole another auction item 2 days after he was forced to release Chrollo lmao



    Kurapika gains
    • Prominent place in his maffia family (money and info wise)
    • Could test chain jail on Uvo
    • Got rid one 1 spider (I know he killed 2 but the spiders gained Kalluto)




    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    and yet Kite survived yes ?
    No Kite was killed and his body is used to make meatballs, meatballs the queen ate. Later a chimera ant girl was born who has some of Kites memories. But the pro hunter Kite is gone for good.



    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    not foolish i have my reason lots of it, and you keep repeating Gon loses battle jajajajajaja huh ?
    its typical because it follows the same pattern like everyone else,

    well of course HXH is better than Naruto but then again why is that matter ? am not trying tell you which one is the best am just saying that both manga has it up and down and they;re not miles away to each other, you're making HXH looks like a perpect manga ( well that belong to One Piece heck even One Piece is not perfect ) with no flaw at all frankly that stupid...
    You sounds irritated as hell, is this becoming to much for you?
    Yeaah and you keep saying that HxH uses the same pattern as Naruto and thats not true. Yes Naruto usually wins but thats not the only thing. Villains get trolled badly, Akatsuki members are prime examples. Naruto's plotholes ect.

    I'm not saying that HxH is perfect or best manga ever made but I can savely say that it's better than Naruto by leaps and bounds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    nah Kakashi certainly got involved more in his manga than Kurapika, just count yourself how many times kakashi was involved in important battles, you can't just say kurapika got more because HXH have less chapter than Naruto when in Naruto the story revolves only for the 2 main character, its impressive enough that he made this far.
    Yeah Kakashi got more battles than Kurapika but when I talk about better developed characters I'm not just talking about fighting abillities, no i'm talking about story involvement. And you said it your self Kakashi doesn't have a goal on his own while Kurapika does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    This is a serious problem, did you really hate Naruto that much ? or its just sakura ?
    even an infant should know that Sakura got development than Leorio, and why would take that him becoming chairman hunter association in account ? it only serve as comedy service for the manga, you don't actually think he's gonna win are you ?

    while Sakura has been upgrade more than Leorio in every way, Fighting styles,Technique etc
    Lmao at serious problem, don't stress I don't hate Naruto and I don't even hate Sakura, I strongly dislike how Kishi portraits all female characters . But seriously, how is she developed better than Lelorio (plotwise not fighting abillity) Al she does is think about Sasuke-kun. Atleast Lelorio got a goal and has dreams that doesn't involve romantic pairing.
     
         

  12. #37
    Accompany On U. Itachi Twisted007's Avatar
    Status
    Twisted007 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kingdom of Predators
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunting my dreams
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by RikudouMadara View Post
    Twisted those walls of text! You are very astute when you do something. Well imho HxH is atm far superior it's magnificent at keeping you interested and your eyes peeled. Also...Twisted is probably the smartest person on NB imho. When she knows something understand that she indeed knows!
    Sorry Madara you know how I get when it comes to HxH Seriously thou, I kept the fangirl inside of me at bay but clearly HxH is written better
     
         

  13. #38
    Senior Member 6ari8's Avatar
    Status
    6ari8 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Laputa
    Posts
    2,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    I think that Netero was being modest when he said that pitou was stronger than him. But neither way the outcome of a nen battle isn't determined by aura alone. And pitou isn't as strong as the king.
    He wasn't being modest, it was confirmed by colt too that even the royal guards are stronger than him. Also, the outcome of their battle was determined by an external weapon.


    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Enjoyment is one thing, quality is another. I enjoy Naruto or els I wouldn't be here but HxH is clearly written better. HxH is full of surprised, who thought that Killua would fail the exam, Hisoka would be in heaven's arena, Kurapika not having a fight to death with Chrollo ect. Naruto isnt like that, even good arcs like chunin exam didn't have twists, Naruto and Sasuke pretty much won every battle. The only time Kishi surprised me in a good way is Sasuke winning against Naruto in part 1 and Itachi being a hero. I don't like how he trolls villains, Akatsuki member committing suicide, I don't get why deidera killed himself just to win from Sasuke who he never met before, Naruo tnj a villain like Nagato. And I don't like this whole notion of the mc always defeating his opponent, I like Gon more than Naruto because of that.
    I never thought that the Phantom Troupe would lose at the time and I don't see the big deal with Hisoka being in the heaven's arena.

    They didn't win every battle. Sasuke lost to Oro and Gaara in part 1 and to Itachi in part 2. Naruto lost to Orochimaru (part 1), to Kimimaro, and to Itachi (both parts), and would've lost to Deidara if it weren't for Kakashi. Naruto practically did nothing in the Kazekage rescue arc.

    Naruto had it's twists too like Gaara and Rin being a Jinchuuriki, Kabuto's past and him being the one meeting Kakashi's team at the bridge, Nagato being Jiraiya's student, and the main villian being Obito. Also, Nagato wasn't a villian IMO.


    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    You don't call Sasuke hawk and Sakura chakra diamond thing a random power up
    ? Pain invasion was just few weeks ago in Naruto time, she couldn't use it back than but now she can lmao
    And Sasuke finding hawk contract out of nowhere, even Obito was confused.
    Sasuke's relation to hawks was foreshadowed many times and Obito doesn't know everthing about Sasuke so he may have made a contract before facing Danzo. Itachi's summonings were birds (crows) so he may have got the contract somewhere similar. Sakura was foreshadowed to have the seal since part 1 from the comments on her large forehead and her chakra control aptitude, and most importantly, her teacher.


    In the end, it's your opinion that HxH is written better. I don't think the same because of a few things like the MC's goal. Now that he's accomplished it, I don't see what he's going to do.
     
         

  14. #39
    Bãzz's Avatar
    Status
    Bãzz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    A secondary dimension, within me mind
    Posts
    13,873
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pass the point of no return,
    reach the top but still you
    gotta learn
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by ' ~ Dantee ~ ' View Post
    Never watched HxH but AOT > Naruto? lols. No way shape or form.
    It's called overrating
     
         

  15. #40
    Harbinger of Life Ineverquit's Avatar
    Status
    Ineverquit is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    613
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Alpha Wolf in the Wolf
    Pack
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Going by how boring Naruto has been lately it's not really hard for there to be better anime/mangas in my opinion.
     
         

  16. #41
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Did I sounded aggressive? my bad I should have used a smiley.

    Again, I understand that the fans have frustration because of all the waiting. Don't understand why you keep bringin this up. About the 3/4 arcs, I found a part of the supposed interview on HxH wikia if you can the same thing for your claim than we can call it even. Until than

    My speculation > Your speculation
    well now that i know you're a girl then i understand why you get so aggressive about this trivial matter....
    ah i forget about interview am pretty sure i read back then but i don't really pay attention to what Togashi said since busy reading what Oda have to said about his manga,

    nah your speculation got nothing to do with mine so no k ? to begin with that 3/4 arc coul have been put into the dark continent cause i think instead of a arc Togashi will make a about that part, i mean its ****ing huge surely it will take sometime for it end



    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Your not getting it, I'm aware that a MC doesn't need to win his battles to achieve his goals, HxH is prime example of that. But most MC of battle shounen manga win majority of their battles, Naruto won every fight he had in part 1 untill he faced Sasuke. Ichigo defeated a experienced captain after 3 days of swinging a sword. I'm at episode 320 of one piece and Luffy is winning most of his battles of not all (can't remember everything so don't quote me on this one) I can list more but you get the drill.

    I expected Ace to die but I haven't heard anything about crew members dying, but if that happend than kudos to one piece for not taking the typical shounen route.
    like that dude above said earlier Naruto don't win every single fight he had, so yeah he lose but he achieved his goal
    by the way don't mention bleach that thing use ancient pattern that already expired before i was born frankly it stupid, have it not because aizen then i will never watched that show

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Heavens arena was a training arc and I didn't want Gon to win against Hisoka after 5 months of training but hey I wasn't expecting Ichigo to defeat Kenpachi after few days of training,
    and again don't mention bleach its stupid

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    I didn't expect Kurapika to kill off all the spiders but I did atleast expected him to have a battle to the death with Chrollo and Chrollo dying at the hands of Kurapika. Thats why im so glad that the arc didn't end like that. But you say that Yorknew city arc ended with an advantage for Kurapika? I wonder if your trolling me when I read stuff like that

    Kurapika loses
    • more than half of his colleagues got killed because of him
    • the girl he was hired to protect lost her power
    • 2000 mafia men died because of his beef with the spiders
    • Spiders got full intel on him and his power
    • He didn't get even one pair of his clan eyes
    • Spider is still active infact Feitan and Phinks stole another auction item 2 days after he was forced to release Chrollo lmao
    - unimportant element nobody care
    - the Girl is alive and well and also if kurapika killed that girl then Kuroro will lose that power
    - again who care about fodder ?
    - its to be expected and Kurapica don't really mind about it, things would be stupid if the spider is having difficulty learning about Kurapica power knowing that they are top class criminal
    - its his fault for neglecting that eye to begin with but he need to prioritize exterminating the spider before collecting the eye
    - the spider is paralyze for now, they can't touch kurapica, and it looks to me that Kurapica is wanted to buy some time looking at the fact that he knew about the nen removal method and yet he did that kuroro anyway






    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    No Kite was killed and his body is used to make meatballs, meatballs the queen ate. Later a chimera ant girl was born who has some of Kites memories. But the pro hunter Kite is gone for good.
    but he survived, at least his soul and i don't see any problem with him being chimera ant, its all good in the end..




    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    You sounds irritated as hell, is this becoming to much for you?
    Yeaah and you keep saying that HxH uses the same pattern as Naruto and thats not true. Yes Naruto usually wins but thats not the only thing. Villains get trolled badly, Akatsuki members are prime examples. Naruto's plotholes ect.

    I'm not saying that HxH is perfect or best manga ever made but I can savely say that it's better than Naruto by leaps and bounds.
    Irritated ? nah its the other way around well its true it have the same pattern and you can't count trolled villains and plot holes into the pattern because its not include in it



    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Yeah Kakashi got more battles than Kurapika but when I talk about better developed characters I'm not just talking about fighting abillities, no i'm talking about story involvement. And you said it your self Kakashi doesn't have a goal on his own while Kurapika does.
    let see Kakashi childhood friend is now Rikudobito and want to rule the world that's more than enough story involvement for him, everything started because of his beloved friend and his failure to protect Rikudobito kindergarten crushed



    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Lmao at serious problem, don't stress I don't hate Naruto and I don't even hate Sakura, I strongly dislike how Kishi portraits all female characters . But seriously, how is she developed better than Lelorio (plotwise not fighting abillity) Al she does is think about Sasuke-kun. Atleast Lelorio got a goal and has dreams that doesn't involve romantic pairing.
    so your problem is romantic paring ? to bad some character is developed in that way she's the heroine after all
    just because you don't like it doesn't mean that Leorio got more development in his character....
     
         
    Last edited by Totsuka No Tsurugi; 08-12-2013 at 06:58 PM.

  17. #42
    OH LONG JOHNSON edo tensai wilmaso's Avatar
    Status
    edo tensai wilmaso is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    BRONX
    Posts
    1,890
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    I like AOT dudes be hating , I like the fact the a lot of ppl get killed ... No prob with that ...naruto should do more of that. Not saying AOT is better but it's not crappy , I read the manga ... It's pretty damn good. Now naruto to me has fallen off and out of the big three I had it first now it's second ... Sorry nothing is worse than one piece , shyt is corny I literally saw 80 something episodes and nothing happened. Bleach is the best IMO. AOT has potential hXh I want to see but I always watch something else I'm watching tenchi muyo at the moment .
     
         

  18. #43
    Accompany On U. Itachi Twisted007's Avatar
    Status
    Twisted007 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kingdom of Predators
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunting my dreams
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by 6ari8 View Post
    He wasn't being modest, it was confirmed by colt too that even the royal guards are stronger than him. Also, the outcome of their battle was determined by an external weapon.
    It seems that colt agrees with Netero that the royal guards have stronger aura but again the outcome of nen battle isn't determined by aura alone. Kurapika won his fight with uvo while uvo's aura was clearly stronger. Netero can defeat Pitou IMO.

    But this wasn't your point if i'm not mistaken, if you believe that Netero wasn't being modest when he said that Neferpitou was stronger than you also believe that he is half as strong as he was when he was considered the strongest hunter alive and that he is the same level as Morel now. So why is it so weird for you that adult Gon might be stronger than old Netero?

    Quote Originally Posted by 6ari8 View Post
    I never thought that the Phantom Troupe would lose at the time and I don't see the big deal with Hisoka being in the heaven's arena.

    They didn't win every battle. Sasuke lost to Oro and Gaara in part 1 and to Itachi in part 2. Naruto lost to Orochimaru (part 1), to Kimimaro, and to Itachi (both parts), and would've lost to Deidara if it weren't for Kakashi. Naruto practically did nothing in the Kazekage rescue arc.

    Naruto had it's twists too like Gaara and Rin being a Jinchuuriki, Kabuto's past and him being the one meeting Kakashi's team at the bridge, Nagato being Jiraiya's student, and the main villian being Obito. Also, Nagato wasn't a villian IMO.

    Sasuke's relation to hawks was foreshadowed many times and Obito doesn't know everthing about Sasuke so he may have made a contract before facing Danzo. Itachi's summonings were birds (crows) so he may have got the contract somewhere similar. Sakura was foreshadowed to have the seal since part 1 from the comments on her large forehead and her chakra control aptitude, and most importantly, her teacher.

    In the end, it's your opinion that HxH is written better. I don't think the same because of a few things like the MC's goal. Now that he's accomplished it, I don't see what he's going to do.
    The fights Naruto ''lost'' in part 1 were minor, it's like me counting Gon's fight with Hanzo, ball game with Netero, first fight in heavens arena with the beyblade guy ect. The only important fight Naruto lost in part 1 is Sasuke and it's not much better in part 2.

    Also, Nagato was the main villain in the pain arc, how can he not be a villain in your opinion? Nagato was one of the best villains in Naruto untill he got tnj. Can you imagine Kurapika tnj Chrollo

    The thing you listed didn't wasn't surprising to me at all but Killua failing hunter exam, Gittarakur being Killua's older brother, Kurapika and/or Hisoka not fighting Chrollo in Yorknew did surpise me but I guess that this is a matter of personal preference.
     
         
    Last edited by Twisted007; 08-13-2013 at 03:34 PM.

  19. #44
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Attack on Titan's anime is becoming crappy.

    It was good and intense for about 4 episodes and now the pacing is awful and it's just another anime where teenagers all go and hunt bad monsters with swords.
     
         

  20. #45
    Accompany On U. Itachi Twisted007's Avatar
    Status
    Twisted007 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kingdom of Predators
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunting my dreams
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    like that dude above said earlier Naruto don't win every single fight he had, so yeah he lose but he achieved his goal
    by the way don't mention bleach that thing use ancient pattern that already expired before i was born frankly it stupid, have it not because aizen then i will never watched that show

    and again don't mention bleach its stupid

    - unimportant element nobody care
    - the Girl is alive and well and also if kurapika killed that girl then Kuroro will lose that power
    - again who care about fodder ?
    - its to be expected and Kurapica don't really mind about it, things would be stupid if the spider is having difficulty learning about Kurapica power knowing that they are top class criminal
    - its his fault for neglecting that eye to begin with but he need to prioritize exterminating the spider before collecting the eye
    - the spider is paralyze for now, they can't touch kurapica, and it looks to me that Kurapica is wanted to buy some time looking at the fact that he knew about the nen removal method and yet he did that kuroro anyway

    but he survived, at least his soul and i don't see any problem with him being chimera ant, its all good in the end..

    Irritated ? nah its the other way around well its true it have the same pattern and you can't count trolled villains and plot holes into the pattern because its not include in it

    let see Kakashi childhood friend is now Rikudobito and want to rule the world that's more than enough story involvement for him, everything started because of his beloved friend and his failure to protect Rikudobito kindergarten crushed

    so your problem is romantic paring ? to bad some character is developed in that way she's the heroine after all
    just because you don't like it doesn't mean that Leorio got more development in his character....
    Kurapika cared for his colleagues and he was hired to protect the girls power, it's clear as day that her father gives little about her life. So Kurapika failed to do his job. Also he didn't want the spiders to know his secrets or he wouldn't try to kill Pakunoda. Kurapika had all the time in the world if he didn't attack uvo in yorknew, he was blinded by hate and it cost him dearly. Lmao you talk like Kurapika knows about Chrollo's nen and his limitations.

    You can bring up that Luffy doing but I can't bring up Ichigo? highly hypocritical don't you think

    Call me a feminist but I don't think that keeping a mans bed warm is a goal/dream to be proud of. Thats why I said that I dislike how Kishi portrays his female characters.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    well now that i know you're a girl then i understand why you get so aggressive about this trivial matter....
    ah i forget about interview am pretty sure i read back then but i don't really pay attention to what Togashi said since busy reading what Oda have to said about his manga,

    nah your speculation got nothing to do with mine so no k ? to begin with that 3/4 arc coul have been put into the dark continent cause i think instead of a arc Togashi will make a about that part, i mean its ****ing huge surely it will take sometime for it end
    So far I have used manga scans and other sources to back my claims while you did nothing but talk nonsense. And now your hiding behind your gender like a real man would do lmao

    Really if you can't keep up than you should throw in the towel, right now your a disgrace to ya gender
     
         

  21. #46
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Kurapika cared for his colleagues and he was hired to protect the girls power, it's clear as day that her father gives little about her life. So Kurapika failed to do his job. Also he didn't want the spiders to know his secrets or he wouldn't try to kill Pakunoda. Kurapika had all the time in the world if he didn't attack uvo in yorknew, he was blinded by hate and it cost him dearly. Lmao you talk like Kurapika knows about Chrollo's nen and his limitations.
    cared ? don't looks like that to me. they only told him to guard her that's all there is to it and of course he didn't want the spiders to learn about his ability but its inevitable sooner or later they will find out, and i don't think kurapica is stupid enough to think that he can take out all the spider with his current power, there is still more room for development you know....

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    You can bring up that Luffy doing but I can't bring up Ichigo? highly hypocritical don't you think
    because bleach is a bad example, and also bleach pattern follows the likes of old jumps series, such as Hokuto no ken, Saint Seiya, Dragon ball etc, let alone alone the fact Ichigo is the only MC in jump modern days who don't have a hoal

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Call me a feminist but I don't think that keeping a mans bed warm is a goal/dream to be proud of. Thats why I said that I dislike how Kishi portrays his female characters.
    in other words you're just being biased ? marvelous
    anyway why Ignore Kakashi ?


    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    So far I have used manga scans and other sources to back my claims while you did nothing but talk nonsense. And now your hiding behind your gender like a real man would do lmao

    Really if you can't keep up than you should throw in the towel, right now your a disgrace to ya gender
    now that's rude is it the time of the month already ?, so far I've been saying things that neglect what those scans of yours trying to prove,i don't need source or scans to prove my point because i remember exactly what happened without using those things and predict what might happen now that the MC have no goal at all,

    For the entirety of the series, Ging was merely the goal for Gon his role in the story was solely to provide the impetus for the main character to adventure and grow stronger in order to be able to reach his father. Therefore, Ging’s nonchalant appearance at the meeting of the Zodiacs was shocking, and his continued participation in subsequent events was surreal. The eventual convergence of the election arc and Killua’s story finally brought Gon face-to-face with his father, but that too was executed nonchalantly. Just as with the end of the Chimera Arc and the absence of a payoff for the tension between Killua and Illumi, this meeting between Gon and Ging was also a divisive plot choice. Certainly, the series never explicitly stated that their reunion would be heated or even particularly dramatic, but outside the context of the story, the expectations surrounding this moment were entirely justified, particularly after the swerve at the end of the Greed Island arc.

    The goal stated by the main character at the beginning of a series is vital, even if it doesn’t always remain the most relevant plot point throughout the series. Judging Hunter x Hunter against its contemporaries, Gon meeting Ging is equivalent to Luffy becoming the Pirate King in One Piece, or the titular character of Naruto becoming Hokage. These characters have all developed additional goals as they have evolved, but their original motivation remains the underlying driving force behind their actions. Achieving such a goal before the end of the series without any fanfare might garner some shock value, but it strips away a core element of the series. This meeting between father and son provided no real benefit, yet it came at the cost of a vital aspect of Gon’s character.
     
         

  22. #47
    Accompany On U. Itachi Twisted007's Avatar
    Status
    Twisted007 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kingdom of Predators
    Posts
    932
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hunting my dreams
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    cared ? don't looks like that to me. they only told him to guard her that's all there is to it and of course he didn't want the spiders to learn about his ability but its inevitable sooner or later they will find out, and i don't think kurapica is stupid enough to think that he can take out all the spider with his current power, there is still more room for development you know....
    Sigh, he did not care huh?




    Admit it man, Kurapika lost more than he gained in that arc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    because bleach is a bad example, and also bleach pattern follows the likes of old jumps series, such as Hokuto no ken, Saint Seiya, Dragon ball etc, let alone alone the fact Ichigo is the only MC in jump modern days who don't have a hoal

    in other words you're just being biased ? marvelous
    anyway why Ignore Kakashi ?
    But that was my point, so how is it a bad example. Experience means shit in bleach and the same thing can be said about Naruto up to a certain degree. Kishi just lets kurama go berserk everytime Naruto faces a opponent he can't/shouldn't defeat. (Haku, Neji, Pain ect.)

    Baised because I expect main characters to have other purposes than pairing alone? right....

    I'm not ignoring Kakashi as my offer to proper analyse both characters and compare the first 340 chapters of Naruto and HxH still stands. Point we could analyse;

    Character emotional, ethical and psychological development
    Character growth power wise
    Plot relevance

    Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    now that's rude is it the time of the month already ?, so far I've been saying things that neglect what those scans of yours trying to prove,i don't need source or scans to prove my point because i remember exactly what happened without using those things and predict what might happen now that the MC have no goal at all,

    For the entirety of the series, Ging was merely the goal for Gon his role in the story was solely to provide the impetus for the main character to adventure and grow stronger in order to be able to reach his father. Therefore, Ging’s nonchalant appearance at the meeting of the Zodiacs was shocking, and his continued participation in subsequent events was surreal. The eventual convergence of the election arc and Killua’s story finally brought Gon face-to-face with his father, but that too was executed nonchalantly. Just as with the end of the Chimera Arc and the absence of a payoff for the tension between Killua and Illumi, this meeting between Gon and Ging was also a divisive plot choice. Certainly, the series never explicitly stated that their reunion would be heated or even particularly dramatic, but outside the context of the story, the expectations surrounding this moment were entirely justified, particularly after the swerve at the end of the Greed Island arc.

    The goal stated by the main character at the beginning of a series is vital, even if it doesn’t always remain the most relevant plot point throughout the series. Judging Hunter x Hunter against its contemporaries, Gon meeting Ging is equivalent to Luffy becoming the Pirate King in One Piece, or the titular character of Naruto becoming Hokage. These characters have all developed additional goals as they have evolved, but their original motivation remains the underlying driving force behind their actions. Achieving such a goal before the end of the series without any fanfare might garner some shock value, but it strips away a core element of the series. This meeting between father and son provided no real benefit, yet it came at the cost of a vital aspect of Gon’s character.
    Ah more gender related comments btw I see that your from Indonesia, dont tell me that you expected me to bow down for you just because your a male like the woman in your country might do, no wonder your happy with Sakura's ''development''

    As for Gon meeting his father, I liked that Togashi took another approach and made the MC achieve his initial goal half way tru the story. Right now, nobody knows how he will handle the fact that Gon doesn't have anything to do right now. It could turn out to be a brilliant move or a disaster. As for the nonchalant appearance of Ging, I admit that was a wtf moment however Gon meeting with his father was on point. Gon was never an emotional character, he never had grudges and their meeting opened a whole new world in the series with endless possibilities.
     
         

  23. #48
    Twisted Scientist Frankenstein's Avatar
    Status
    Frankenstein is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A hot place
    Posts
    3,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say I 'm a troubled boy,
    just because I like to
    destroy, all the things that
    bring the idiots joy. Well,
    what's wrong with a little
    destruction?
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Zexion~ View Post
    ttack on titan is complete trash , the most repetitive anime ever ...Its easily the most overrated anime...ever
    Don't bash it just because you are not capable to appreciate it.
     
         

  24. #49
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,051
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
    Don't bash it just because you are not capable to appreciate it.
    Not...capable?

    Um, excuse me.
     
         

  25. #50
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Totsuka No Tsurugi is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    INDONESIA
    Posts
    9,588
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour
     

    Re: 2 animes are overwhelming naruto

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Sigh, he did not care huh?




    Admit it man, Kurapika lost more than he gained in that arc.
    yes he did not, we all know that Kurapica love beating the spiders member for fun, and also the lost of that so called collage means nothing for him


    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    But that was my point, so how is it a bad example. Experience means shit in bleach and the same thing can be said about Naruto up to a certain degree. Kishi just lets kurama go berserk everytime Naruto faces a opponent he can't/shouldn't defeat. (Haku, Neji, Pain ect.)
    you;\'re comparing to an anime with different feels, you see unlike Naruto and One Piece bleach don;t have any goal,
    the same a thing can applies with HXH in Chimera Ant Arc, did you see how the royal Guards and The King defeated ?
    its practically the same thing with Naruto Beating pain etc but Kishi make more OP villain that way too strong for the MC

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    biased because I expect main characters to have other purposes than pairing alone? right....
    pairing alone ? she's a ninja and her job is to take order from the higher ups, she's there to accompanied her friend in the fight just like what killua is doing now

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    I'm not ignoring Kakashi as my offer to proper analyse both characters and compare the first 340 chapters of Naruto and HxH still stands. Point we could analyse;

    Character emotional, ethical and psychological development
    Character growth power wise
    Plot relevance
    Kurapica only win 1 aspect which is Emotional etc the rest goes for Kakashi


    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    Ah more gender related comments btw I see that your from Indonesia, dont tell me that you expected me to bow down for you just because your a male like the woman in your country might do, no wonder your happy with Sakura's ''development''
    so its really the day of the month , TBH i don't know what you're talking about , we have a women as a president before this one, and also there a lots of Women works as a Major,Council Member and Senator, so definitely Woman is well respected in my country

    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted007 View Post
    As for Gon meeting his father, I liked that Togashi took another approach and made the MC achieve his initial goal half way tru the story. Right now, nobody knows how he will handle the fact that Gon doesn't have anything to do right now. It could turn out to be a brilliant move or a disaster. As for the nonchalant appearance of Ging, I admit that was a wtf moment however Gon meeting with his father was on point. Gon was never an emotional character, he never had grudges and their meeting opened a whole new world in the series with endless possibilities.
    Yup no one knows what will happen after that, that's way i elaborate saying all that thing above about beating all the bad guy and obtain world peace, but what am saying is not necessarily the truth, its just an opinion and i took the worst case possible that might happen because i don't want it like that,

    you're taking this way to serious, you should have loosen up a bit and relax, after all we're not looking for fight in here
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •