Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1. #1
    Sith Lord of the Lawyers Darthlawsuit's Avatar
    Status
    Darthlawsuit is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,532
    Need additional Phylons
     

    God and Evolution

    Something I have never understood is why there is a God vs Evolution debate. All Christians, Jews, and Muslims agree god created the universe. That means how everything in the universe works is according to God's plan. Everything works the way God thought it should work.

    Therefore science would be the study of God's creation. Science has confirmed that over time beings evolve. If science (the study of god's creation) can prove evolution exists then wouldn't it merely confirm that God's plan is for us to evolve? If God's plan is to use evolution wouldn't denying evolution be denying God's grand scheme in favor of your own?
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Status
    Cursed Prince is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,989
    Location
    On NB trollin
    I've been searching
    everywhere, and I can't seem
    to find, Molly.
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Science is simply us grasping the mysteries of the universe

    Or maybe its just Science, idk
     
         

  3. #3
    Banned
    Status
    Ōkami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,267
    Location
    Draenor
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    If everything was created in seven days, why does it take nine months for a baby to be born?
     
         

  4. #4
    Souji's Avatar
    Status
    Souji is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    10,473
    Location
    The Golden.
    Happy Holidays!
     



    Re: God and Evolution

    Science is humanity's way of understanding how higher powers/forces shape the reality we live in.
     
         

  5. #5
    Such Blue Erin's Avatar
    Status
    Erin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,125
    Location
    NC State
    Much Blonde
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    If everything was created in seven days, why does it take nine months for a baby to be born?
    I doubt the seven days in the bible are the same days we have on earth. It most likely corresponds to various benchmarks in time.
     
         

  6. #6
    Sith Lord of the Lawyers Darthlawsuit's Avatar
    Status
    Darthlawsuit is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,532
    Need additional Phylons
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    If everything was created in seven days, why does it take nine months for a baby to be born?
    You say seven days... But without light there are no days. Days only exist on Earth due to the planet rotating. Before the sun and Earth existed there were no days on Earth. That phrase is incorrect according to God's laws.
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Untamed's Avatar
    Status
    Untamed is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,366
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    If God created the Universe doesn't mean everything works the way god wanted it to work.
    Parents birth children. It doesn't mean the child does whatever the parents told it to. Real life is real life and it is unpredictable , but some things can be thought of before they happen however that does not mean you are psychic. Things can change and things often do all the time. Life is unexpected , but you should expect anything because lots of things are possible. God is a character that goes by many names in religious text , but that does not mean God is the creator outside of religion. If there were no humans would there be religion? There can be no religion without humans , but there can be humans without religion. Evolution is something that can happen when things unknown of eachother somehow get together, whether planned or not. Religion is an idea .. Humans and life came before religion. Religion cannot exist without life. However , Life can exist without religion.
     
         

  8. #8
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,661
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Evolution in some instances makes the idea of a God useless/unnecessary/questionable, which is a major problem for God-Lovers.
     
         
    Last edited by ShishaMastah420; 08-29-2013 at 01:54 AM.

  9. #9
    Detective L's Avatar
    Status
    Detective L is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    10,782
    Location
    Ferelden - Hinterlands
    Jana is the best of the best
    of the best of the best.
     



    Re: God and Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Ausar View Post
    Science is humanity's way of understanding how higher powers/forces shape the reality we live in.
    ^ What my friend said most likely.But this always ends in flame wars between people.
     
         

  10. #10
    Corgi's Avatar
    Status
    Corgi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,144
    Location
    Luxerion
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    If everything was created in seven days, why does it take nine months for a baby to be born?
    I once had a teacher tell me when arguing with her about religion, that she is Christian and believes in evolution and that the original word that was translated to "days" in the seven days thing, can also be translated as years or centuries or something like that. So, it could be an actual mistranslation, or that people favor the "days" thing more.
     
         

  11. #11
    Sith Lord of the Lawyers Darthlawsuit's Avatar
    Status
    Darthlawsuit is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,532
    Need additional Phylons
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed View Post
    If God created the Universe doesn't mean everything works the way god wanted it to work.
    Parents birth children. It doesn't mean the child does whatever the parents told it to. Real life is real life and it is unpredictable , but some things can be thought of before they happen however that does not mean you are psychic. Things can change and things often do all the time. Life is unexpected , but you should expect anything because lots of things are possible. God is a character that goes by many names in religious text , but that does not mean God is the creator outside of religion. If there were no humans would there be religion? There can be no religion without humans , but there can be humans without religion. Evolution is something that can happen when things unknown of eachother somehow get together, whether planned or not. Religion is an idea .. Humans and life came before religion. Religion cannot exist without life. However , Life can exist without religion.
    We have a billion galaxies and within those billion galaxies are billions of solar systems and within those solar systems are huge amounts of objects. You mean to tell me that all of this was created just for our species?
     
         

  12. #12
    G.R.O.S.S. Tingun's Avatar
    Status
    Tingun is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,576
    King Calvin
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed View Post
    If God created the Universe doesn't mean everything works the way god wanted it to work.
    Parents birth children. It doesn't mean the child does whatever the parents told it to. Real life is real life and it is unpredictable , but some things can be thought of before they happen however that does not mean you are psychic. Things can change and things often do all the time. Life is unexpected , but you should expect anything because lots of things are possible. God is a character that goes by many names in religious text , but that does not mean God is the creator outside of religion. If there were no humans would there be religion? There can be no religion without humans , but there can be humans without religion. Evolution is something that can happen when things unknown of eachother somehow get together, whether planned or not. Religion is an idea .. Humans and life came before religion. Religion cannot exist without life. However , Life can exist without religion.
    I wish I had a Giant foam hand to facepalm with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlawsuit View Post
    We have a billion galaxies and within those billion galaxies are billions of solar systems and within those solar systems are huge amounts of objects. You mean to tell me that all of this was created just for our species?
    In Christianity at least, extra terrestrial life is not fully explored.
     
         

  13. #13
    Werewolf Wolfus's Avatar
    Status
    Wolfus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,835
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    I guess that people link believing in God with blindly believing in the bible(therefore disagreing with evolution), which is a mistake. People can believe in a god withou closing their eyes to science.
    But seriously, this thread should be deleted. People will start arguing and insulting in here very soon. It's not your fault, though, I understand your intentions, but people always argue in this topic.
     
         

  14. #14
    CR7 Fair Warning's Avatar
    Status
    Fair Warning is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,427
    Location
    Minnesota
    ****ing high
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    I'm not going to enter this shithole ensuing
     
         

  15. #15
    Banned
    Status
    Ōkami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    17,267
    Location
    Draenor
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    I guess I'll just have to ask Action Jesus.
     
         

  16. #16
    Werewolf Wolfus's Avatar
    Status
    Wolfus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    4,835
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Detective L View Post
    ^ What my friend said most likely.But this always ends in flame wars between people.
    Indeed. In this topic, mostly in the internet, there is no such thing as respect or tolerance. Every religious person is called dumb, atheists are called evil and soulless, and it goes on. I really tried to stop it once, and guess what happened? Both "sides" started to "atack" me.
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member hixa kuogame's Avatar
    Status
    hixa kuogame is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,870
    Location
    kamui world
    these people suck
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    If everything was created in seven days, why does it take nine months for a baby to be born?
    In God's eyes one day is equal to a thousand years
    In that time I theorize God created everything and at the same time forms of evolution took place
     
         

  18. #18
    Servant of Lord Sasuke Ldude's Avatar
    Status
    Ldude is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,221
    Location
    Under a rock somewhere in Antarctica.
    I put the dying in studying
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I doubt the seven days in the bible are the same days we have on earth. It most likely corresponds to various benchmarks in time.
    We'll never really know, but in the original Hebrew in Breishit, the days of the week have the same names as the weekdays used in archaic and modern Hebrew.
     
         

  19. #19
    The Snape of Naruto Snape Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Snape Uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,140
    Location
    The kingdom Itachi rules after he pretended to die
    50 points from Huffelpuff
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    I once had a teacher tell me when arguing with her about religion, that she is Christian and believes in evolution and that the original word that was translated to "days" in the seven days thing, can also be translated as years or centuries or something like that. So, it could be an actual mistranslation, or that people favor the "days" thing more.
    I read the bible in Hebrew which I speak so it isn't a mistranslation. However it is clear that the seven days aren't referring to actual days. Otherwise the passage is basically meaningless, trying to explain Gods method of creation which we can't benefit from reading.
     
         

  20. #20
    TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status
    ShishaMastah420 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,661
    Location
    The White House roof.
    Polar Bear Furrr.
     

    Re: God and Evolution

    Quote Originally Posted by Fair Warning View Post
    I'm not going to enter this shithole ensuing
    I wish more people of NB knew how to read the opening statements of a thread, instead they jump in read title and comment or they mis-read the opening statement and answer any rethorical questions used in said opening statement, SMDH.
     
         
    Last edited by ShishaMastah420; 08-29-2013 at 01:52 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •