The Snape of Naruto Snape Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    The kingdom Itachi rules after he pretended to die
    50 points from Huffelpuff

Sasuke's position

Some people are calling Sasuke a coward because he wanted to teleport away with Naruto and Juugo.
    Let me put it this way. Naruto is in Sasuke's body. What would he do? He would try to save the alliance. He has no ability to. He fails, the aliance dies and Obito destroys the world.
    Sasuke couldn't save the alliance so he decided to save the world. To do this he had to at least make sure He and Naruto and Juugo survived.
    If Naruto didn't have a way to save the alliance and Sasuke didn't save himself and Naruto, the Naruto Universe would be destroyed.

Status
    May 2013
    A great idea thought up by a
    horrible writer: That is
    NARUTO

Re: Sasuke's position

I don't think that was Sasuke's intention .... but that's just me

Status
    Apr 2013
    Salada X Boruto

naruto can protect alliance with chakra cloak

Status
    Jun 2013
    "The world is a cruel
    place but it is also very
    beautiful"--Mikasa
    Ackerman

Quote Originally Posted by Spacey orange View Post
    Yeah, Sasuke totally knew that. (sarcasm)

Status
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Spacey orange View Post
    Which of course he did, but as you've seen in the Manga, Sasuke didn't know until Naruto told him.

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

Agreed. Sasuke's actions were rational.

1. The TBB can fire any second

2. The only one's near him are Naruto and Juugo (both have SM abilities)

3. Minato and Tobirama can escape

4. It is irrational and illogical to run all the way back to other alliance members when their death can come at any moment.

The logical way to keep fighting is to save those two.

Chaotic Drive Sir Blades of Chaos's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    You would never guess, but its at my house ;)
    #TH United.

That comment sasuke did was a bit odd, but i do think he was thinking in what would be the best possible choice to continue fighting obito.

Status
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by troyg39 View Post
    I'm a little confused. So you are saying that person who had no ability to save the alliance (your words not mine) can save the entire world? I wasn't aware that people were calling Sasuke a coward, that's very stupid. But I don't get this either.

This is the way I see it. Sasuke decided to do the smart thing and save himself. Idk what people really expected him to do, sit there and die? In no way has he saved the world by teleporting. If he was helpless to save the alliance (again you words), then it wouldn't really matter if he lives or dies as Naruto clearly has the means to both keep the alliance safe and the Sage jutsu to defeat Obito. Which doesn't mean Sasuke is useless. He'll play his part like he always does. But let's not go overboard and make this into something it's not. His actions haven't in this chapter didn't do anything to save the world or the alliance
    Let's say you're right and Sasuke can't beat Obito or save the world. owever he intended to save Naruto who is the only one who has a chance to beat Obito and save the world. So Sasuke's plan, in his mind, was the only chance.

Status
    Dec 2010
    I don't like to debate, but
    I've been known to own

Quote Originally Posted by Snape Uchiha View Post
    Let's say you're right and Sasuke can't beat Obito or save the world. owever he intended to save Naruto who is the only one who has a chance to beat Obito and save the world. So Sasuke's plan, in his mind, was the only chance.
    Well I deleted my comment because I thought that I might have missed something in the chapter. But correct me if I'm wrong, Sasuke never went through with his plan correct? I don't remember seeing him use a summoning jutsu or contribute to anything significant in the chapter besides getting chakra from Naruto.

I'm really not trying to downplay Sasuke please don't think that. I just don't see how he saved the world when he didn't do anything. Like I said he'll play his part and it'll be super important in due time. But what did he do in this chapter that was so great to you?

**EDIT**

Nevermind! When I first read your thread I thought you were saying that Sasuke actually did something that saved Naruto and the world when it looks like all you are pointing out is that Sasuke's original decision to save only Juugo and Naruto was the only thing he could do and important since they are the SM users. Sorry I don't know why when I first read it I misunderstood it

Last edited by troyg39; 08-29-2013 at 03:56 AM.

Status
    Nov 2012

Well I deleted my comment because I thought that I might have missed something in the chapter. But correct me if I'm wrong, Sasuke never went through with his plan correct? I don't remember seeing him use a summoning jutsu or contribute to anything significant in the chapter besides getting chakra from Naruto.

I'm really not trying to downplay Sasuke please don't think that. I just don't see how he saved the world when he didn't do anything. Like I said he'll play his part and it'll be super important in due time. But what did he do in this chapter that was so great to you?
    Basically this is what I'm trying to say.
    1) Sasuke did not know there was a way to save the alliance.
    2) He intended to use a summoning or reverse summoning to save himself, Naruto, and Juugo
    3) Naruto (and maybe Juugo) is the only one with the ability to stop Obito.
    4) THerefore Sasuke wasn't intending on running away. He was intending to save what he thought to be the only way to beat Obito and therefore save the world.

I never said Sasuke did anything amazing. I said he wasn't intending to just run and save himself.

Status
    Jun 2013
    "The world is a cruel
    place but it is also very
    beautiful"--Mikasa
    Ackerman

You're correct . . . sort of. Sasuke didn't do a summoning jutsu because before he had a chance to enact his plan, Naruto interrupted with his better plan that Sasuke couldn't have foreseen. the debate is about what Sasuke was intending to do, and isn't that the best kind! Haters say he didn't care about the rest of the Alliance. Fans say he saw no means to save the Alliance. Therefore, he ruled out saving the Alliance not because he's evil but because he saw no way to save them. He went for the next best thing save the only two ninjas with sage jutsu so they can fight another day and defeat Obito.

Status
    Dec 2010
    I've been known to own

Quote Originally Posted by Snape Uchiha View Post
    Basically this is what I'm trying to say.
    1) Sasuke did not know there was a way to save the alliance.
    2) He intended to use a summoning or reverse summoning to save himself, Naruto, and Juugo
    3) Naruto (and maybe Juugo) is the only one with the ability to stop Obito.
    4) THerefore Sasuke wasn't intending on running away. He was intending to save what he thought to be the only way to beat Obito and therefore save the world.

I never said Sasuke did anything amazing. I said he wasn't intending to just run and save himself.
    Check the edit in my last post. I misunderstood your thread. My bad. I agree *****. I didn't know people were even saying he was trying to run away. Juugo clearly said they were simply going to the other side of the barrier

Status
    Dec 2010
    I've been known to own

Quote Originally Posted by uchihajaime View Post
    You're correct . . . sort of. Sasuke didn't do a summoning jutsu because before he had a chance to enact his plan, Naruto interrupted with his better plan that Sasuke couldn't have foreseen. the debate is about what Sasuke was intending to do, and isn't that the best kind! Haters say he didn't care about the rest of the Alliance. Fans say he saw no means to save the Alliance. Therefore, he ruled out saving the Alliance not because he's evil but because he saw no way to save them. He went for the next best thing save the only two ninjas with sage jutsu so they can fight another day and defeat Obito.
    Yea I get it now. When I read it the first time I thought it seemed to me like he was saying that Sasuke actually did save the world and Naruto. Well he doesn't really care too much for the alliance's opinions so I'm sure he doesn't really care too much if they end up dying either. So honestly his decision was probably a mixture of both indifference and the best thing he could do in that situation

Status
    Apr 2011
    うずまき 長門

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chakra View Post
    I don't think that was Sasuke's intention .... but that's just me
    yup me too same here

Status
    Nov 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Kuuybi View Post
    yup me too same here
    Then, according to yhe two of you, why did Sasuke want to save Naruto?