Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

evangelion

so i started watching evangelion and i just finished episode 6 and i am confused about a few things.
    -
    first off are the angels robots, cyborgs, or semi-divine beings. basically is the show anti-religious or are they just called angels just for a title?
    -
    secondly will there be more backstory on the ava's and are they similiar to the angels or our they just machines, but with a human as the brain/epicenter. mostly as a compontent that elavates the machine to a higher level, or is the machine living like a AI but more complex than one?
    -
    also are their multiple series for evangelion or is it just the 20-odd episodes and the three films or are their other series, because i just found neon genesis i hope i am not missing anything.
    -
    in any case thank you thank you thank you for your responses because i am really curious about this.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    1 life at a time

Re: evangelion

It's just one series I believe. I need to research the series but I remember it being totally awesome. Some parts insane.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ok there are the episodes then there are the neon genesis movies. And then the new remake of the series called rebuild of evangelion. The angels are divine beings which each reside on a planet. All the angels are attacking earth because we have an angel trapped named Lilith. I highly recommend the new reboot of it. The reboot has a total of 4 movies. The last one has yet to be released and the first two are English DUB and the third is subbed. I really didn't watch the episodes. Watch if you want but the reboot has kind of a different story line. Especially after the second movie. It has a totally different ending(so far since the last one still isn't out.)

The first movie in reboot is called evangelion 1.11 you are (not) alone. Pleaseeee watch it and then send me a message letting me know what you think.

The Eva's are a replica of an angel named Adam. Eva's are made from its DNA. The girl with blue hair that is quiet is made from Liliths DNA. She is also like a reincarnation of shinjis mother who sacrificed herself inside of his Eva long before he was a pilot. Her soul is bonded with his Eva and it protects him in his time of need.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 4tails04 View Post
    Ok there are the episodes then there are the neon genesis movies. And then the new remake of the series called rebuild of evangelion. The angels are divine beings which each reside on a planet. All the angels are attacking earth because we have an angel trapped named Lilith. I highly recommend the new reboot of it. The reboot has a total of 4 movies. The last one has yet to be released and the first two are English DUB and the third is subbed. I really didn't watch the episodes. Watch if you want but the reboot has kind of a different story line. Especially after the second movie. It has a totally different ending(so far since the last one still isn't out.)

The first movie in reboot is called evangelion 1.11 you are (not) alone. Pleaseeee watch it and then send me a message letting me know what you think.

The Eva's are a replica of an angel named Adam. Eva's are made from its DNA. The girl with blue hair that is quiet is made from Liliths DNA. She is also like a reincarnation of shinjis mother who sacrificed herself inside of his Eva long before he was a pilot. Her soul is bonded with his Eva and it protects him in his time of need.
    i only have links for the two movies and the episodes, can you link me for the rest, and i will watch them . i will try to remember

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Evangelion 1.11. http://www.watchanimeon.com/rebuild-...are-not-alone/

If you see at the too right of the video you can click to go to evangelion 2.0 and then on the same corner click for 3.0 (:

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Where robots bleed.
    I heard there was a remake as well.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If those versions are not english dubbed just type the title of first movie into google and put english dubbed. Pretty easy to find but I'm being lazy right now ;p

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 4tails04 View Post
    If those versions are not english dubbed just type the title of first movie into google and put english dubbed. Pretty easy to find but I'm being lazy right now ;p
    lol thank you anyway lol

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

No problem glad I could help with giving you info. Any more questions when watching movie or anything just message me

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pierce the Heavens!!

1) The series doesn't necessarily give an anti-religious message, but it simply makes references to Christianity. It's more focused on the psychological aspects of the characters, and various philosophy like morality and freedoms.
    In Japan, it's quite popular to use foreign religions such as Christianity or Norse mythology in anime series.

2) Later on in the series, the EVA units are explained in more detail. I won't spoil too much of the details for you, but it'll answer all the questions you have about the EVAs.

3) The anime is roughly 26 episodes, but the last two are regarded as filler or the Instrumentality ending. After that, there's 2 movies: Death and Rebirth is simply a retold version of episodes 1-24, and The End of Evangelion which serves as the 'true' ending to the series by replacing episodes 25-26.
    For the best experience, I'd recommend watching all the original anime episodes except ep 25 and 26. Watch End of Evangelion after that for the much more suitable ending to the series.

There's also a new set of movies being worked on called the Rebuild of Evangelion. These four movies serve as an alternate retelling of the series with new scenes, characters, and changes to the events from the original. So far, only three of the movies have been released: Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone, Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance, and Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo.
    The final movie in the series will feature an entirely new ending, but a release date has not yet been announced.

Last edited by Sabuto Hayashi; 08-29-2013 at 04:44 AM.