Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    THERE IS ONLY ONE GOD accept pain's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come And Join My Pain

What Quran says about universe? The Muslims Holy Book

Please don't start flame war on this topic.its just the words of God in his book Quran.
    EXPANSION
    Yet, astonishingly well before telescopes were even invented and well before Hubble published his Law, Prophet Muhammad used to recite a verse of the Quran to his companions that ultimately stated that the universe is expanding.

“And the heaven We created with might, and indeed We are (its) expander.” (Quran 51:47)

At the time of the revelation of the Quran, the word “space” was not known, and people used the word “heaven” to refer to what lies above the Earth. In the above verse, the word “heaven” is referring to space and the known universe. The verse points out that space, and thus the universe, happens to be expanding, just as Hubble’s Law states.

That the Quran mentioned such a fact centuries before the invention of the first telescope, at a time when there was primitive knowledge in science, is considered remarkable. This is more so considering that, like many people in his time, Prophet Muhammad happened to be illiterate and simply could not have been aware of such facts by himself. Could it be that he had truly received divine revelation from the Creator and Originator of the universe?

BIG BANG THEORY

It is mentioned in the Quran:

“He (God) is the Originator of the heavens and the earth…” (Quran 6:101)

“Is not He who created the heavens and the earth Able to create the likes of them? Yes; and He is the Knowing Creator. His command is only when He intends a thing that He says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is.” (Quran 36:81-82)

The above verses prove that the universe had a beginning, that God was behind its creation, and all that God needs to do inorder to create is to say “Be,” and it is. Could this be an explanation as to what triggered off the explosion that brought about the beginning of the universe?

The Quran also mentions:

“Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, then We separated them, and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?” (Quran 21:30)

Muslim scholars who have explained the previous verse mention that the heavens and earth were once one, and then God caused them to separate and form into the seven heavens and Earth. Yet, due to the limitations of science and technology at the time of the revelation of the Quran (and for centuries to follow), no scholar was able to give much detail about how exactly the heavens and earth were created. What the scholars could explain was the precise meaning of each word in Arabic in the verse, as well as the overall meaning of the verse.

With the introduction of the Big Bang theory, it soon became clear to Muslim scholars that the details mentioned with regards to the theory go identically hand in hand with the description of the creation of the universe in verse 30 of chapter 21 of the Quran. The theory states that all the matter in the universe came into existence from one single extremely hot and dense point; that exploded and brought about the beginning of the universe, matches what is mentioned in the verse that the heaven and Earth (thus the universe) where once joined together, and then split apart. Once again, the only possible explanation is that Prophet Muhammad had truly received divine revelation from God, The Creator and Originator of the universe.

Last edited by accept pain; 08-29-2013 at 12:14 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Salad Family-Lover of
    Saladina.

Re: What Quran says about universe? The Muslims Holy Book

You're combining religion and science? What next, you gonna divide by zero?

Nah, im joking, but really, this was kinda interesting to read.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep having Chuck N. zombie
    dreams

Really? Now I am extremely curious. I want to read the Quran now. Which is saying a lot since I am an anti-theist.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...

Quote Originally Posted by accept pain View Post
    Please don't start flame war on this topic.its just the words of God in his book Quran.
    EXPANSION
    Yet, astonishingly well before telescopes were even invented and well before Hubble published his Law, Prophet Muhammad used to recite a verse of the Quran to his companions that ultimately stated that the universe is expanding.

“And the heaven We created with might, and indeed We are (its) expander.” (Quran 51:47)

At the time of the revelation of the Quran, the word “space” was not known, and people used the word “heaven” to refer to what lies above the Earth. In the above verse, the word “heaven” is referring to space and the known universe. The verse points out that space, and thus the universe, happens to be expanding, just as Hubble’s Law states.

That the Quran mentioned such a fact centuries before the invention of the first telescope, at a time when there was primitive knowledge in science, is considered remarkable. This is more so considering that, like many people in his time, Prophet Muhammad happened to be illiterate and simply could not have been aware of such facts by himself. Could it be that he had truly received divine revelation from the Creator and Originator of the universe?

BIG BAND THEORY

It is mentioned in the Quran:

“He (God) is the Originator of the heavens and the earth…” (Quran 6:101)

“Is not He who created the heavens and the earth Able to create the likes of them? Yes; and He is the Knowing Creator. His command is only when He intends a thing that He says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is.” (Quran 36:81-82)

The above verses prove that the universe had a beginning, that God was behind its creation, and all that God needs to do inorder to create is to say “Be,” and it is. Could this be an explanation as to what triggered off the explosion that brought about the beginning of the universe?

The Quran also mentions:

“Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, then We separated them, and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?” (Quran 21:30)

Muslim scholars who have explained the previous verse mention that the heavens and earth were once one, and then God caused them to separate and form into the seven heavens and Earth. Yet, due to the limitations of science and technology at the time of the revelation of the Quran (and for centuries to follow), no scholar was able to give much detail about how exactly the heavens and earth were created. What the scholars could explain was the precise meaning of each word in Arabic in the verse, as well as the overall meaning of the verse.

With the introduction of the Big Bang theory, it soon became clear to Muslim scholars that the details mentioned with regards to the theory go identically hand in hand with the description of the creation of the universe in verse 30 of chapter 21 of the Quran. The theory states that all the matter in the universe came into existence from one single extremely hot and dense point; that exploded and brought about the beginning of the universe, matches what is mentioned in the verse that the heaven and Earth (thus the universe) where once joined together, and then split apart. Once again, the only possible explanation is that Prophet Muhammad had truly received divine revelation from God, The Creator and Originator of the universe.
    Big Band Theory?

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    A beautiful body with an ugly
    mind is like Pyrite compared
    to Gold. They look similar,
    however the one that holds
    substance is much more
    valuable...

Well done, however Islam is not the only religion that describes details of the big bang being the beginning of the universe..in fact almost all religions do!

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    bleh

Or....... aliens.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    egg

Quote Originally Posted by EDO TENSEl View Post
    Really? Now I am extremely curious. I want to read the Quran now. Which is saying a lot since I am an anti-theist.
    1.) You can read the English-translated version online.
    2.) Don't you mean 'atheist'? xD

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never give up, thts my way of
    life

hindusim speaks the same...wid parallel Universes..... :3

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come And Join My Pain

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post

ah...thank you
    are you a muslim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Big Band Theory?
    Sorry,misspell

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep having Chuck N. zombie
    dreams

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyZ View Post
    1.) You can read the English-translated version online.
    2.) Don't you mean 'atheist'? xD
    Thanks mate. Nope, I don't mean atheist. I meant anti-theist. :P But lets forget about that. I am more interested to hear more about this, sounds really cool.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

god (Allah) bless u my brother

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    I Resist Therefore I Exist

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post

Try watching Ahmad Deedat debates. Hope it'll be useful ^^.

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Salad Family-Lover of
    Saladina.

Thanks mate. Nope, I don't mean atheist. I meant anti-theist. :P But lets forget about that. I am more interested to hear more about this, sounds really cool.
    Soo, do you like believe in God, but are just against Him?

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come And Join My Pain

Do you know all the our moon was divided into two halves once and science proved it that there are some signs on moon which indicate this..Who split that moon?

in history Prophet Muhammad used to divide it to prove of his prophecy and even in subcontinent and africans ancient literature,this is present writtenly and specially indian people were the witnessess..

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

The Qu'ran is full of scientific anwers and astronomical info. Sadly, the muslims fail to interpret and combine most of that knowledge with modern day science and spirituality in general and just focus on the aspect of trying to proof their delusional interpretation of god. The Qu'ran is not unique. Any significant event in it also takes place in other religious scripts and ancient religions like Sun worshippers, pagans, etc.

Last edited by YowYan; 08-29-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no such thing as true
    peace,there is no such thing
    as hope and it's a biggest
    deception of all

sorry my friend,but if you really want to hear it,then listen. Even before quran,the hindu vedas and puranas and other text said about it. It was ARYABHATT who first said,and people in india excepted,that the earth revolves around the sun and the universe is still expanding,along with other discoveries such as giving 0 to the world,decimal,value of pie till 2 decimal places,discovered sin,cos,tan and some of their values. Also in the old sanskrit text of hindu's knowlegdable content,shastra,vedas and others,the distance between earth and sun,earth and moon,and other things are been correctly written,and to the point of amazement matches the current measurement.

so yeah,stop these stupid threads about praising religious books and all,and do some other stuffs.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Come And Join My Pain

Quote Originally Posted by vasu 32 View Post
    sorry my friend,but if you really want to hear it,then listen. Even before quran,the hindu vedas and puranas and other text said about it. It was ARYABHATT who first said,and people in india excepted,that the earth revolves around the sun and the universe is still expanding,along with other discoveries such as giving 0 to the world,decimal,value of pie till 2 decimal places,discovered sin,cos,tan and some of their values. Also in the old sanskrit text of hindu's knowlegdable content,shastra,vedas and others,the distance between earth and sun,earth and moon,and other things are been correctly written,and to the point of amazement matches the current measurement.

so yeah,stop these stupid threads about praising religious books and all,and do some other stuffs.
    Quran is the 4th coming book of God. The four revealed books mentioned by name in the Qur'an are the Torah (revealed to Moses), the Zabur (revealed to David), the Injil (Gospel) (revealed to Jesus), and the Qur'an itself.

Now tell me whose telling first?

Konoha no Kiroi Senko YellowFang's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of Kamuiland

Indeed, He is the One who created all...

Also, the fact that mountains are nailed in the ground was also revealed in the Qur'an 14+ centuries ago...

Konoha no Kiroi Senko YellowFang's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    King of Kamuiland

You should read it(It's available in many languages)... I strongly recommend...

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always Happy And Peaceful.

Quote Originally Posted by accept pain View Post
    Quran is the 4th coming book of God. The four revealed books mentioned by name in the Qur'an are the Torah (revealed to Moses), the Zabur (revealed to David), the Injil (Gospel) (revealed to Jesus), and the Qur'an itself.

Now tell me whose telling first?
    Actually Aryabhatta was born in 476 AD and died in 550 AD whereas Prophet Muhammad was born in 570 AD.... I'm not trying to start a whose first and who's second argument here.... I respect all religions and believe that every religion is a different and interesting way of looking at humanity....

Last edited by Shóūri; 08-29-2013 at 01:14 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's awesome how the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda

ever heard of ancient greece?

is god allpowerful?

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    the truth in life resides in
    perception.

I thought arceus created dialga, palkia, and giratina who created time, space, and antimatter.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Living in present , while looking in to the future
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm a Buddhist but i don't disrespect any religion for me everyone is human just like i am .

Last edited by kishiuzumaki; 08-29-2013 at 03:02 PM.

Jesus Chris Is The Truth Prime Rib's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love others and treat them how
    you would like to be treated

quran promotes violence and jihads<

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by Prime Rib View Post
    quran promotes violence and jihads<
    Your ignorance promotes violence, you mean. It's the dumbass fanatics that promote violence. You can't put the blame on a book.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»