Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    逆説 Gyakusetsu's Avatar
    Status
    Gyakusetsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,580
    Location
    The spaces between the places.
    Reluctantly Approved by NB
     

    "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Check out Naruto's eyes and whiskers on the middle left panel flashback.


    In looking at that chapter with Pain, there was never a time when Naruto began going feral while his eyes showed only Sage mode.



    Sometimes the characters will point this stuff out for you.
     
         

  2. #2
    Vigilante Missing-Nin Uchiha Josephus's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Josephus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    7,784
    Location
    Virginia
    Super Eternal Mangekyou
    RinneByakugan!!! #__#
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    wat ... >__> ...
     
         

  3. #3
    Member GreenBeast's Avatar
    Status
    GreenBeast is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    655
    Location
    In the bath house with mei and hinata
    Thinking you got rep, then
    seeing its an infraction :/
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    SOOOO did you want an answer??
     
         

  4. #4
    Banned
    Status
    ballerjordan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,472
    Location
    Rippin' kids like no tomorrow
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Wait, what?
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member bimbonium's Avatar
    Status
    bimbonium is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,781
    Location
    lost
    a box of dreams
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Watch the anime you'll see it.
     
         

  6. #6
    逆説 Gyakusetsu's Avatar
    Status
    Gyakusetsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,580
    Location
    The spaces between the places.
    Reluctantly Approved by NB
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBeast View Post
    SOOOO did you want an answer??
    If you care to comment feel free. The post is for those who have blessed eyes.
     
         

  7. #7
    Alistair Child Of The Great Empire's Avatar
    Status
    Child Of The Great Empire is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,720
    Location
    30 Seconds To Mars
    Sasuke, don't you dare pull a
    Lelouch! I don't wanna cry
    over my fav character again!
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Wait, wat?
     
         

  8. #8
    Senior Member Henchman24's Avatar
    Status
    Henchman24 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,263
    Location
    25.0000° N, 71.0000° W
    bleh
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    OP. Look at the bottom right panel of the page from the Pain chapter you provided. His eyes are clearly Sage+Kurama.
     
         

  9. #9
    Wandering-Nin UchihaMifune's Avatar
    Status
    UchihaMifune is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,861
    Location
    Baba Yaga's Castle
    Yohohoho!! 45 DEGREES!!!!
    Yohohoho
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Really? U care about THAT small of a detail? Even so, this little discrepancy doesn't effect plot at all so shut your yappin hole
     
         

  10. #10
    Wandering-Nin UchihaMifune's Avatar
    Status
    UchihaMifune is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,861
    Location
    Baba Yaga's Castle
    Yohohoho!! 45 DEGREES!!!!
    Yohohoho
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Guys he's talking about the difference in the two chapters of when naruto is only in sage mode, in the flashback he had darkened whiskers, in the actual chapter, he didnt. Not that it matters....
     
         

  11. #11
    Senior Member thegame's Avatar
    Status
    thegame is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,129
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Such a minor mistake, besides every single second of the story is not displayed on a manga page. Kishi can alter even past chapters at will by adding flashback panels, that would fit in between panels from when it actually happened.

    Your arguments are invalid.
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member BEASTLY NARUTO's Avatar
    Status
    BEASTLY NARUTO is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,713
    Location
    Just around your hood
    Shit! It
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyakusetsu View Post
    Check out Naruto's eyes and whiskers on the middle left panel flashback.
    Yeah I think I know what you mean but that was to proof kurama right, that his chakra was entering naruto's sage mode chakra cause every time naruto gets kurama's chakra his whiskers get more hairy


    Quote Originally Posted by Gyakusetsu View Post
    In looking at that chapter with Pain, there was never a time when Naruto began going feral while his eyes showed only Sage mode.

    [IMG]http://narutobase.net/manga/mangas/Naruto/444%20-%20The%20Answ

    er/04.jpg[/IMG]


    Sometimes the characters will point this stuff out for you.

    the second page was to further more proof what's in the first.actually the last page were naruto got sage + bijuu eye is when he was trying to combine them via naruto vs. first riakage(forgot) so that panel was to proof that kurama's chakra actually entered into sage's.. Omg I wish I can explain it well cause I actually know your thoughts. You re wrong to think it a mistake.
     
         
    Last edited by BEASTLY NARUTO; 09-04-2013 at 07:09 PM.

  13. #13
    逆説 Gyakusetsu's Avatar
    Status
    Gyakusetsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,580
    Location
    The spaces between the places.
    Reluctantly Approved by NB
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Quote Originally Posted by BEASTLY NARUTO View Post
    Yeah I think I know what you mean but that was to proof kurama right, that his chakra was entering naruto's sage mode chakra cause every time naruto gets kurama's chakra his whiskers get more hairy





    the second page was to further more proof what's in the first.actually the last page were naruto got sage + bijuu eye is when he was trying to combine them via naruto vs. first riakage(forgot) so that panel was to proof that kurama's chakra actually entered into sage's.. Omg I wish I can explain it well cause I actually know your thoughts. You re wrong to think it a mistake.
    Look at the panel on the left directly under the flashback. Naruto's head is tilted up looking at the flashback panel and questioning if such a thing happened. This is Kishimoto trolling. The eyes are incorrect. When he mixes Kurama's chakra with Sage chakra a cross occurs manifested in the eyes, yet clearly in the middle left panel he has both chakra types but no cross is occurring.

    Quote Originally Posted by thegame View Post
    Such a minor mistake, besides every single second of the story is not displayed on a manga page. Kishi can alter even past chapters at will by adding flashback panels, that would fit in between panels from when it actually happened.

    Your arguments are invalid.
    Who is arguing? Did such a thing happen? Yes, because Kishimoto just drew it, but did it happen at the time? No, it did not, and it still doesn't explain why he is merging the chakra but his eyes aren't changing.

    Kishimoto plays games like this all the time. How many requests has he probably gotten for a topless Tsunade? Voila, Tsunade is topless.


    Last week it was BCM with standard whiskers.

     
         
    Last edited by Gyakusetsu; 09-04-2013 at 10:52 PM.

  14. #14
    another day another dawn.. FlareBlitz's Avatar
    Status
    FlareBlitz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,408
    Location
    in my happy place
    tsk...tsk...tsk...kishi..
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Some people are so picky
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member -ahhimane-'s Avatar
    Status
    -ahhimane- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,559
    Location
    INDIA
    BEING ALONE IS BETTER THAN
    BEING WITH A WRONG PERSON.
     



    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    The whiskers shows that Kurama was also listening to Nagato when Naruto was in sage mode
     
         

  16. #16
    BadWolf FearxDeath's Avatar
    Status
    FearxDeath is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,415
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Whats your problem? Why do people point out thinks like this? "OH in this scan his whiskers are slightly larger" "OH see look his hair, 1 inch short" "Looky looky, his pants werent always that long" "WHAT HAPPENED TO THE LONG SLEEVES?"

    Observations like these should be chuckled at then put in the back of your mind where they belong... and i use the term chuckled loosely... very loosely..
     
         

  17. #17
    Lost Artist veggetta13's Avatar
    Status
    veggetta13 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,580
    Location
    Tenochtitlan
    "shapeless, formless, be
    water my friend."
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    I didn´t understand what you wrote but came up with a deduction fo what u were trying to say. Yeah, there were whiskers and pissed hermit on mode, there is a happy cooperative hermit mode now.......

    I´m afraid if Naruto getting a rinnegan, I would just colapse if that came to happen
     
         

  18. #18
    Academy Student Axol's Avatar
    Status
    Axol is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Seems confusing to me. o.O
     
         

  19. #19
    Member aikinindo's Avatar
    Status
    aikinindo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    42
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Great catch! The double entendre part that Kishi threw in adds a good chuckle too
     
         

  20. #20
    逆説 Gyakusetsu's Avatar
    Status
    Gyakusetsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,580
    Location
    The spaces between the places.
    Reluctantly Approved by NB
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Quote Originally Posted by aikinindo View Post
    Great catch! The double entendre part that Kishi threw in adds a good chuckle too
    Thanks good to see someone understood.
     
         

  21. #21
    Easily Startled AaaaNinja's Avatar
    Status
    AaaaNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,002
    Location
    Oregon
    Drawing stuff.
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Quote Originally Posted by UchihaMifune View Post
    Guys he's talking about the difference in the two chapters of when naruto is only in sage mode, in the flashback he had darkened whiskers, in the actual chapter, he didnt. Not that it matters....
    They look darkened to me. Are they each one thin unbroken line in either case? No, they're made of several lines scratched in in both cases that taper to a point. That's the feral line.



    Watch the episode, the lines transform to the straight thin unbroken line when his eyes return to normal. If that's not evidence enough that the lines went through a change...
     
         

  22. #22
    Senior Member thegame's Avatar
    Status
    thegame is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,129
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gyakusetsu View Post
    Who is arguing? Did such a thing happen? Yes, because Kishimoto just drew it, but did it happen at the time? No, it did not, and it still doesn't explain why he is merging the chakra but his eyes aren't changing.

    Kishimoto plays games like this all the time. How many requests has he probably gotten for a topless Tsunade? Voila, Tsunade is topless.


    Last week it was BCM with standard whiskers.

    Dude, I get your point, but it's his manga. He is the author, and he can alter the past at will. Your complaints are meaningless, and a waste of time.
     
         

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Status
    Draxus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,212
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    Obviously that happened during the panel when Naruto head is down and you can't see his face
     
         

  24. #24
    Member aikinindo's Avatar
    Status
    aikinindo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    42
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: "Did such a thing happen?" In fact it didn't, at least not the time we saw it.

    People, this is an easter egg from Kishi. Learn to appreciate it!

    Ok, for those of you who are not getting his point, he's not saying "Kishi made a mistake! Haha!" or "Kishi effing trolling us." He's saying Kishi is being playful with us. He knows well it didn't happen (or at least he didn't draw it in the manga back then) but now he's saying it did and is using Naruto's confusion about the matter as double meaning.

    What Naruto says can work both in the manga and as the thoughts of the manga reader. On one end, Naruto himself is questioning whether it happened or not but on the other end a very alert reader is would have stopped at that panel and thought the same.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •