Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. #1
    BadWolf FearxDeath's Avatar
    Status
    FearxDeath is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru
     

    [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Fair warning this may be a bit incoherent simply because its my raw thoughts, and its a pretty radical concept. So you may want to read it one more time and make sure you understand what I am saying before you chose to disagree with me.

    Added 2 Updates


    There is a question that I have been thinking about for a really long time... "Why does Orochimaru hate Konoha", Why did he chose to destroy it? What was the motivation? If you have been wondering the same thing then grab some chips, get a drink and enjoy the read.

    My Thoughts




    So the question of "Why" has been raised. What are Orochimaru's Motivations. He was next in line to become Hokage, but instead found himself bannished from the village, he later returns to kill his former mentor and express his distain for his former village, after which he simply changes his mind? Well thats all well and good but lets look at a few scans and see where they take us.

    First thing is first, I am an Orochimaru Fan Boy, now unlike other fan boys I dont let that get in the way of common sense, but I think it should be said.

    Now lets jump right into this with someone I found:



    Orochimaru was in ROOT, not just was he in root but he was one of Danzo's 2 main Henchmen. This is no easy feat, now this got me thinking.. Then I remembered something...



    Orochimaru also helped Danzo extend his powers by messing around his with Senju DNA, hell he probably was the one who hooked him up with it in the first place. We know he was in ROOT at the time.



    But wait a minute...



    Wasnt Orochimaru kicked out of Konoha for the horrible experiments he did in regards to Senju DNA?



    Which is a weird thing to do when your in the running of becoming the Hokage...



    As a matter of fact how did he even get his hands on the 1st's remains in the first place? The only person so far that we know had access to that was Danzo... Wait a minute... WAIT A MINUTE!



    Whoa whats going on here... I think we've stumbled upon something... Lets keep going.



    Wait he was a double agent, so he was spying on Orochimaru for Danzo behind Orochimaru's back?



    I dont think so... So then what could be going on here, I am very confused.






    My Thoughts Part 2




    That was very interesting, so we leave off knowing that Orochimaru is indeed in cahoots with Danzo and we know that Danzo wanted Konoha destroy.. Wait a minute.. didnt someone else have a plan to destroy Konoha?



    Hmm, So Orochimaru and Danzo just happen to have the same goals, and they just happen to work together, to this I have to qoute Albert Einstein "I like god do not play with dice, and do not believe in coincidence."

    Hmm There is also something else strange about this picture.



    When Itachi's sword shakes, look at the symbol used to represent that shaking... And notice that his cries. Now take a closer look at this.



    The shaking symbol, dog gone-it its the same... but there has to be a common denomanator here, this cant all be some kind of coincedence... so then what connects Itachi to Orochimaru?



    Wow... I am not quite sure what to make of this, this is all just jumbled in my head but there is something I am missing here...



    What is my brain trying to tell me right now? Wait a minute, Itachi and Orochimaru were both in the Akatsuki, heck Orochimaru killed the 4th Kazekage.



    But then... Orochimaru left... Right around the time Itachi entered?...



    As a matter of fact, why did Itachi join the Akatsuki in the first place?



    To spy on them, thats right... And as Itachi the spy joined, Orochimaru *cough* the spy *cough* left...? But thats odd right? The more spies the better? But maybe its because of who they were spying for... I mean 2 spies snooping around are bound to figure out that one of these things are not like the other, and when that happens theyll ask who the other is spying for... Itachi was spying for the village, Orochimaru was spying for...?

    Idk forget about it, maybe I am making too much of it...But then again now that Danzo is dead and gone Orochimaru's desire to destroy the village seems to be gone as well?








    Conclusion




    I dont know... Im not too sure what to make of this. This feels like a thread in the making, perhaps we will get a little more info in the chapters to come that well help me organize this stream of thought into a coherent thread. Until then I leave you with a summary of questions I raised:

    • Orochimaru and Danzo worked together and Orochimaru pressumably was the person who gave Danzo his Senju DNA and implanted his eyes for him... But the question is on whose orders did he do all of this.
    • Orochimaru is then made a Hokage candidate
    • Instead of becoming Hokage he is caught experimenting on Senju DNA and is banished from the village.
    • He then joins the Akatsuki for no particular reason, the guy has no goals or motivations...
    • Itachi is convinced to kill the Uchiha by Danzo (Striking simlarirties between Itachi killing his Family and Orochimaru killing Hiruzen)
    • Afterwhich Itachi joins the Akatsuki as a spy and Orochimaru just happens to leave the Akatsuki as well
    • Orochimaru accepts Sai to join his team after reading a letter written to him from Danzo, which presupposes that they are still working together.
    • We know that through out this time Orochimaru has wanted to destroy Konoha but we do not know why
    • We also know that Danzo wants to destroy Konoha in order to make himself the Hokage
    • We know that after Danzo's death when Orochimaru is ressurected he no longer wants to destroy Konoha, but rather has found a new wind within Sasuke.


    Since I have drawn such a strong comparison between Itachi and Orochimaru I think it would be fitting to leave you with the same words Itachi gave Sasuke:



    Lets just hope your reaction isnt the same as Sasuke's, who only thought he knew the truth...




    UPDATE 1

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAncientCenturion View Post
    Amazing thread. I was actually going to make a thread on, a similar but much less detailed subject. You put things together I.. Honestly would have never considered.

    The only issues here are; Orochimaru to some extent must of been evil. It must have been more then just an elaberate mission. I mean, he did spend his time experimenting and studying. Unless, it was somehow all for Danzo.

    And, I'd suspect that you're a bit off with Danzo. He could very much have had Orochimaru assassinate Hiruzen so he may be nominated for the spot. He certainly didn't want Konoha's destruction.
    You make a good point, which is something I considered as well. I think alot of people are seeing the scheme I was making, and then jump to conclusion on what I think. Everyone keeps repeating Do I think Danzo was manipulating Orochimaru and whether or not this or that and the answer is, everything I think is in the thread, if you didnt get that answer then I didnt come to that conclusion. I dont make assumptions, I deal with facts alone.

    To respond to your first comment which I really liked I would have to say that Orochimaru was not being used by Danzo, rather it was a mutual relationship. Perhaps Orochimaru wanted to experiment more with the Senju DNA and in return get some Uchiha DNA (Their has to be a few spare bodies to go along with all of those eyes). All I am saying is that I dont think it is a mere coincedence that Orochimaru seems to want to destroy the village for no apparent reason mind you, and Danzo who is working with Orochimaru ALSO wants the village destroyed for his personal reasons. And Hiruzen said it himself, there has to be an alterior reason for Orochimaru wanting to attack the village as he has no goals and attacking out of vengeance doesnt suit him. Hiruzen pretty much said it himself.

    Now let me show you something I thought was weird:



    As soon as Hiruzen was defeated and Orochimaru lost his arms he tells them to retreat saying it was all finished. But logically speaking it wasnt.. He had no knowledge of how the plan was going, merely after killing Hiruzen he orders his sqaud to retreat leaving the Sand Village, who were following his orders, out to dry.

    Basically to respond to your very last point breifly, We know that Danzo wanted the destruction of Konoha, perhaps not the completely destruction but enough to warrant a non suspicious death of the Hokage along with enough inner turmoil that no one would challenge him seizing power. Now you may argue against how reasonable this is but this is EXACTLY what happened after Pain totally destroyed the village and put Tsunade in a coma, so we know that the method was a good one.


    UPDATE 2

    Quote Originally Posted by awesomeseimei View Post
    That's why I want Kishi to elaborate upon Danzo's past more! Too many things left unanswered.. What's your take on why Danzo didn't take over after Hiruzen's death? Great job connecting the dots, even though many things are unclear still.. But I hope we'll see more yet.
    I agree with alot of what you just said, if I had to answer why Danzo didnt take over after Hiruzens death is simply because there wasnt enough chaos, which goes back to why Danzo wants Konoha destroyed. The firelord is the person who elects the new Hokage, and that new Hokage has to be someone well liked and respected by the Village as a whole because that is who the Hokage represents. Danzo is the leader of a mysterious organization who nobody trusts.

    On top of that he tried to get made Hokage after Hiruzen's death but wasnt able to because of the above reason, the Sannin who were well known and Hiruzen's students were chosen instead. But more importantly Shikamaru dad, Shikaku, seems to be purposefully trying to keep Danzo from being elected Hokage. Which I suppose is what prevented him from getting the position last time.

     
         
    Last edited by FearxDeath; 09-08-2013 at 04:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member bimbonium's Avatar
    Status
    bimbonium is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    lost
    Posts
    1,769
    Post Thanks / Like
    a box of dreams
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Well I grabbed some chips, got a drink but did not read it.
     
         

  3. #3
    -Best-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Best- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
     



    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Kinda good...even i too tought the same.!
     
         

  4. #4
    Banned
    Status
    Nafee is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Preaching Sasukeism : the word
    of LORD GOD SASUKE
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Dat thread. Dat big a$$ thread 8-)
     
         

  5. #5
    Member l S l Orochimaru's Avatar
    Status
    l S l Orochimaru is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sssh
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like
    YOU ARE LIVING,YOU OCCUPY
    SPACE,YOU HAVE MASS,YOU
    MATTER!
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    i love you for making this... .... but i sorta disagree with some aspects and i dont want to make it a long rant i just think the anime is trying to make orochimaru seem pleasant and off what he was on...simply because sasuke's change of heart. i like orochimaru as a villian because no one can stop him by themselves...excellent brief though
     
         

  6. #6
    Leaf ANBU Calpal's Avatar
    Status
    Calpal is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Battle creek, Michigan.
    Posts
    2,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sickness of this world is
    destroying all the dreams. The
    fools are kings, tearing apart
    the soul
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    I read it all...
    Well, it got me thinking.
    So thats good, I like the effort you put into this!
    So thats good as well, do you think Danzo was the reason Oro was attacking the leaf?
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member naruttebayo's Avatar
    Status
    naruttebayo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    dressrosa
    Posts
    5,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    so u are hinting on KA being used on oro

    or

    danzou manipulating oro to do the dirty works is it?
     
         

  8. #8
    Alistair Child Of The Great Empire's Avatar
    Status
    Child Of The Great Empire is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    30 Seconds To Mars
    Posts
    1,717
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hesistant Alien and Action
    Cat, Go Gerard!
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Wow good thread as always! It makes sense.
     
         

  9. #9
    Hokage Byron123's Avatar
    Status
    Byron123 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many people don't believe in
    paradise but everyone, without
    an exception, believes in
    hell.
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    I see where you're going it, so you're believing that Orochimaru was merely a spy of Danzo and when his role in Akatsuki ended, he didn't have any further reason to stay there. However you should take into major consideration his personality.

    Orochimaru has 2 basic features.

    He seeks immortality and has a great interest in human nature and how it acts so unexpectedly.

    Orochimaru had his own dreams and even if he had entered Akatsuki, because of Danzo, he only decided to stay as long as he wanted to gather information for his own. So it's not like he's a soldier on duty. They used to work together to further the aim each one had respectively but after Orochimaru got what he wanted it, knowledge and his chance to experiment with senju, he had no reason to listen to anyone so he acted on his own accord.


    To come to my second point, Orochimaru only helps Sasuke, not because he likes him or because he can get benefitted from him, not saying that there isn't a good possibiltity about that, but because Sasuke's sudden change, how he acted so unpredictably to the point of reviving him, genuinely triggered his interest. Plus, he likes to be a part of when huge changes occur so it's one extra reason for doing that.


    So Orochimaru might be a powerful individual but he does remain nonetheless a scientist who takes a great interest to his underlings and especially to those who act in way he himself wouldn't predict.

    To come back to my point, even if Orochimaru did enter Akatsuki, supposedly under Danzo's orders, he only did it for his own interest. He had fed up of waiting things to change by basing his hopes on others so he took the situation on his hands. Once he failed as well, he found an even bigger interest to see how Sasuke, his once corrupted apprentice would act by choosing a complete different path of his own. So even if there is a good chance that he has some plans, one of the main reasons for helping him is because of his nature as a scientist.


    On a side note, even though at first I didn't like Orochimaru I grew fond of him because of his trait of examining others' choices and in general for his interest in human nature
     
         
    Last edited by Byron123; 09-04-2013 at 07:11 PM.

  10. #10
    Facts > You. scorezor's Avatar
    Status
    scorezor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    9,365
    Post Thanks / Like
    fluck this.
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    sorry dude , its too long...
     
         

  11. #11
    Meowtebayo Meowazziel's Avatar
    Status
    Meowazziel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,769
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    So basically you say Itachi and Oro where controlled by Danzo?
     
         

  12. #12
    BadWolf FearxDeath's Avatar
    Status
    FearxDeath is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Quote Originally Posted by Calpal View Post
    I read it all...
    Well, it got me thinking.
    So thats good, I like the effort you put into this!
    So thats good as well, do you think Danzo was the reason Oro was attacking the leaf?
    I think Orochimaru's reason for attacking the leaf was motivated by Danzo.

    Quote Originally Posted by naruttebayo View Post
    so u are hinting on KA being used on oro

    or

    danzou manipulating oro to do the dirty works is it?
    That is a very good point you raise, it is possible that he was under KA. I cant answer the question because I really dont know, what I typed above is what I had in my head. I dont have any idea whether it was merely Orochimaru doing his duty to ROOT and following Danzo's orders or whether Orochimaru was under the affects of KA. Thats something we will have to see as time goes on.

    Quote Originally Posted by Byron123 View Post
    I see where you're going it, so you're believing that Orochimaru was merely a spy of Danzo and when his role in Akatsuki ended, he didn't have any further reason to stay there. However you should take into major consideration his personality.

    Orochimaru has 2 basic features.

    He seeks immortality and has a great interest in human nature and how it acts so unexpectedly.

    Orochimaru had his own dreams and even if he had entered Akatsuki, because of Danzo, he only decided to stay as long as he wanted to gather information for his own. So it's not like he's a soldier on duty. They used to work together to further the aim each one had respectively but after Orochimaru got what he wanted it, knowledge and his chance to experiment with senju, he had no reason to listen to anyone so he acted on his own accord.


    To come to my second point, Orochimaru only helps Sasuke, not because he likes him or because he can get benefitted from him, not saying that there isn't a good possibiltity about that, but because Sasuke's sudden change, how he acted so unpredictably to the point of reviving him, genuinely triggered his interest. Plus, he likes to be a part of when huge changes occur so it's one extra reason for doing that.


    So Orochimaru might be a powerful individual but he does remain nonetheless a scientist who takes a great interest to his underlings and especially to those who act in way he himself wouldn't predict.

    To come back to my point, even if Orochimaru did enter Akatsuki, supposedly under Danzo's orders, he only did it for his own interest. He had fed up of waiting things to change by basing his hopes on others so he took the situation on his hands. Once he failed as well, he found an even bigger interest to see how Sasuke, his once corrupted apprentice would act by choosing a complete different path of his own. So even if there is a good chance that he has some plans, one of the main reasons for helping him is because of his nature as a scientist.


    On a side note, even though at first I didn't like Orochimaru I grew fond of him because of his trait of examining others' choices and in general for his interest in human nature
    Your arguing that Orochimaru only acts according to his own interests, all I am saying is that his interests just happen to be in accordance with Danzo's interests, and that he has complied with everything Danzo has asked him to do so far, and that as soon as Danzo dies, his interests suddenly change, change to an interest which just happens to help the village. You take from that what you will. As long as you understood the point I was trying to make I am satisfied.

    Quote Originally Posted by meowNverse View Post
    So basically you say Itachi and Oro where controlled by Danzo?
    In a sense.. I am just saying that their is a strong possibility that Danzo may have been manipulating Orochimaru, I didnt say whether Orochimaru knew about it, or whether he was ok with it, or maybe he let Danzo manipulate him. Not saying any of that. I am just saying one was manipulated by the other. And drew a parallel to Itachi.
     
         

  13. #13
    Member Z3R01's Avatar
    Status
    Z3R01 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    454
    Post Thanks / Like
    changed my sig because of the
    huge amount of homophobes on
    nautobase
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Quote Originally Posted by FearxDeath View Post
    Fair warning this may be a bit incoherent simply because its my raw thoughts, and its a pretty radical concept. So you may want to read it one more time and make sure you understand what I am saying before you chose to disagree with me.


    There is a question that I have been thinking about for a really long time... "Why does Orochimaru hate Konoha", Why did he chose to destroy it? What was the motivation? If you have been wondering the same thing then grab some chips, get a drink and enjoy the read.

    My Thoughts




    So the question of "Why" has been raised. What are Orochimaru's Motivations. He was next in line to become Hokage, but instead found himself bannished from the village, he later returns to kill his former mentor and express his distain for his former village, after which he simply changes his mind? Well thats all well and good but lets look at a few scans and see where they take us.

    First thing is first, I am an Orochimaru Fan Boy, now unlike other fan boys I dont let that get in the way of common sense, but I think it should be said.

    Now lets jump right into this with someone I found:



    Orochimaru was in ROOT, not just was he in root but he was one of Danzo's 2 main Henchmen. This is no easy feat, now this got me thinking.. Then I remembered something...



    Orochimaru also helped Danzo extend his powers by messing around his with Senju DNA, hell he probably was the one who hooked him up with it in the first place. We know he was in ROOT at the time.



    But wait a minute...



    Wasnt Orochimaru kicked out of Konoha for the horrible experiments he did in regards to Senju DNA?



    Which is a weird thing to do when your in the running of becoming the Hokage...



    As a matter of fact how did he even get his hands on the 1st's remains in the first place? The only person so far that we know had access to that was Danzo... Wait a minute... WAIT A MINUTE!



    Whoa whats going on here... I think we've stumbled upon something... Lets keep going.



    Wait he was a double agent, so he was spying on Orochimaru for Danzo behind Orochimaru's back?



    I dont think so... So then what could be going on here, I am very confused.






    My Thoughts Part 2




    That was very interesting, so we leave off knowing that Orochimaru is indeed in cahoots with Danzo and we know that Danzo wanted Konoha destroy.. Wait a minute.. didnt someone else have a plan to destroy Konoha?



    Hmm, So Orochimaru and Danzo just happen to have the same goals, and they just happen to work together, to this I have to qoute Albert Einstein "I like god do not play with dice, and do not believe in coincidence."

    Hmm There is also something else strange about this picture.



    When Itachi's sword shakes, look at the symbol used to represent that shaking... And notice that his cries. Now take a closer look at this.



    The shaking symbol, dog gone-it its the same... but there has to be a common denomanator here, this cant all be some kind of coincedence... so then what connects Itachi to Orochimaru?



    Wow... I am not quite sure what to make of this, this is all just jumbled in my head but there is something I am missing here...



    What is my brain trying to tell me right now? Wait a minute, Itachi and Orochimaru were both in the Akatsuki, heck Orochimaru killed the 4th Kazekage.



    But then... Orochimaru left... Right around the time Itachi entered?...



    As a matter of fact, why did Itachi join the Akatsuki in the first place?



    To spy on them, thats right... And as Itachi the spy joined, Orochimaru *cough* the spy *cough* left...?

    Hmm...And now that Danzo is dead and gone his desire, his goal to destroy the village seems to be gone as well?








    Conclusion




    I dont know... Im not too sure what to make of this. This feels like a thread in the making, perhaps we will get a little more info in the chapters to come that well help me organize this stream of thought into a coherent thread. Until then I leave you with a summary of questions I raised:

    • Orochimaru and Danzo worked together and Orochimaru pressumably was the person who gave Danzo his Senju DNA and implanted his eyes for him... But the question is on whose orders did he do all of this.
    • Orochimaru is then made a Hokage candidate
    • Instead of becoming Hokage he is caught experimenting on Senju DNA and is banished from the village.
    • He then joins the Akatsuki for no particular reason, the guy has no goals or motivations...
    • Itachi is convinced to kill the Uchiha by Danzo (Striking simlarirties between Itachi killing his Family and Orochimaru killing Hiruzen)
    • Afterwhich Itachi joins the Akatsuki as a spy and Orochimaru just happens to leave the Akatsuki as well
    • Orochimaru accepts Sai to join his team after reading a letter written to him from Danzo, which presupposes that they are still working together.
    • We know that through out this time Orochimaru has wanted to destroy Konoha but we do not know why
    • We also know that Danzo wants to destroy Konoha in order to make himself the Hokage
    • We know that after Danzo's death when Orochimaru is ressurected he no longer wants to destroy Konoha, but rather has found a new wind within Sasuke.


    Since I have drawn such a strong comparison between Itachi and Orochimaru I think it would be fitting to leave you with the same words Itachi gave Sasuke:



    Lets just hope your reaction isnt the same as Sasuke's, who only thought he knew the truth...

    ......ummmmmm....skipped and went straight to the conclusion (which should have been first ) wow
     
         

  14. #14
    Meowtebayo Meowazziel's Avatar
    Status
    Meowazziel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,769
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meow meow meow
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Quote Originally Posted by FearxDeath View Post
    In a sense.. I am just saying that their is a strong possibility that Danzo may have been manipulating Orochimaru, I didnt say whether Orochimaru knew about it, or whether he was ok with it, or maybe he let Danzo manipulate him. Not saying any of that. I am just saying one was manipulated by the other. And drew a parallel to Itachi.
    Okay, clear .
    I think it is possible, but I kinda like Oro having made a change of heart tbh, so I prefer that one .
     
         

  15. #15
    Hokage Byron123's Avatar
    Status
    Byron123 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many people don't believe in
    paradise but everyone, without
    an exception, believes in
    hell.
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Quote Originally Posted by FearxDeath View Post

    Your arguing that Orochimaru only acts according to his own interests, all I am saying is that his interests just happen to be in accordance with Danzo's interests, and that he has complied with everything Danzo has asked him to do so far, and that as soon as Danzo dies, his interests suddenly change, change to an interest which just happens to help the village. You take from that what you will. As long as you understood the point I was trying to make I am satisfied.
    You make a mistake. Danzo didn't want to destroy konoha but rather control it whereas Orochimaru wanted to complitely annihilate it. Also, how does his own desire for destroying Konoha change because of Danzo's death, who according to you wanted to destroy it? Here we don't just talk about indifference but a change of 180 degrees, it doesn't make any sense. It's not like they were buddies, they did have same interests at some point but that doesn't explain in any way whatsoever how the village which Orochimaru grew to hate, became something he wanted to protect only because, let's say his collegue died. It has been showed throughough the history that Orochmaru was only using those who deemed of use to him but he had not emotional attach to them whatsoever. If he wanted to still destroy it, he wouldn't stop because of danzo's or anyone's death.


    His "change of heart" can be explained if you think that he would never get his hands back if it wasn't for Sasuke who was his only existing ticket to go to the uchiha tablet. Also, apart from regaining his previous power he also get a body created by senju, capable of undergoing senju mode, in contrast to his previous weak vessels and his chance to got his hands on his previous hokages. The second reason is his interest for Sasuke since his change is something very interesting to him, worth to investigate becaue of his side as a scientist.


    P.S I saw that you read to other replies that Danzo might have manipulated him. Orochimaru is a powerful individual and certainly stronger that Danzo, he wouldn't be a guy to be manipulated this easily, especially for so long time while it is clear that Orochimaru did have control over his body by achieving all these complicating facts. Furthermore, his manipulation by Danzo would be a disaster plot wise since Orochimaru proved to be more intelligent and stronger than him and certainly way more manipulative, capable of easily seeing through deception.
     
         
    Last edited by Byron123; 09-04-2013 at 08:41 PM.

  16. #16
    BadWolf FearxDeath's Avatar
    Status
    FearxDeath is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Quote Originally Posted by Byron123 View Post
    You make a mistake. Danzo didn't want to destroy konoha but rather control it whereas Orochimaru wanted to complitely annihilate it. Also, how does his own desire for destroying Konoha change because of Danzo's death, who according to you wanted to destroy it? Here we don't just talk about indifference but a change of 180 degrees, it doesn't make any sense. It's not like they were buddies, they did have same interests at some point but that doesn't explain in any way whatsoever how the village which Orochimaru grew to hate, became something he wanted to protect only because, let's say his collegue died. It has been showed throughough the history that Orochmaru was only using those who deemed of use to him but he had not emotional attach to them whatsoever. If he wanted to still destroy it, he wouldn't stop because of danzo's or anyone's death.


    His "change of heart" can be explained if you think that he would never get his hands back if it wasn't for Sasuke who was his only existing ticket to go to the uchiha tablet. Also, apart from regaining his previous power he also get a body created by senju, capable of undergoing senju mode, in contrast to his previous weak vessels and his chance to got his hands on his previous hokages. The second reason is his interest for Sasuke since his change is something very interesting to him, worth to investigate becaue of his side as a scientist.


    P.S I saw that you read to other replies that Danzo might have manipulated him. Orochimaru is a powerful individual and certainly stronger that Danzo, he wouldn't be a guy to be manipulated this easily, especially for so long time while it is clear that Orochimaru did have control over his body by achieving all these complicating facts. Furthermore, his manipulation by Danzo would be a disaster plot wise since Orochimaru proved to be more intelligent and stronger than him and certainly way more manipulative, capable of easily seeing through deception.
    Are you out of your mind? I gave you clear evidence where on multiple occasions it is referenced that Danzo wanted Konoha to be destroyed so that he could use that as an oppurtunity to assume power. Now you can argue that his real goal was merely to assume power, but nontheless destroying konoha was the means he planned to use to achieve that goal.

    The point I was making was that Orochimaru wanted to destroy konoha BECAUSE danzo told him to in order to help him become Hokage... Now that Danzo is no longer alive he no longer has to follow with his desires. Being in ANBU ROOT means you give your life to Danzo and ROOT, you have no name, you are nobody, just like Sai..

    The more I read this the more I I believe you either didnt comprehend the point I was trying to make, or are just trying to be argumentative. This is made evident when everything I say, you merely say the contrary, being disagreeable for the sake of being disagreeable, no counter points, no scans, no real reason to take your word over mine. I say the sky is blue and show you a picture, you say No its red and then walk away. Eitherway I dont want to draw this out any further. Good day.
     
         

  17. #17
    Banned
    Status
    Fodder#4 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Holy Land
    Posts
    9,315
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Amazing thread. I was actually going to make a thread on, a similar but much less detailed subject. You put things together I.. Honestly would have never considered.

    The only issues here are; Orochimaru to some extent must of been evil. It must have been more then just an elaberate mission. I mean, he did spend his time experimenting and studying. Unless, it was somehow all for Danzo.

    And, I'd suspect that you're a bit off with Danzo. He could very much have had Orochimaru assassinate Hiruzen so he may be nominated for the spot. He certainly didn't want Konoha's destruction.
     
         

  18. #18
    BadWolf FearxDeath's Avatar
    Status
    FearxDeath is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Quote Originally Posted by TheAncientCenturion View Post
    Amazing thread. I was actually going to make a thread on, a similar but much less detailed subject. You put things together I.. Honestly would have never considered.

    The only issues here are; Orochimaru to some extent must of been evil. It must have been more then just an elaberate mission. I mean, he did spend his time experimenting and studying. Unless, it was somehow all for Danzo.

    And, I'd suspect that you're a bit off with Danzo. He could very much have had Orochimaru assassinate Hiruzen so he may be nominated for the spot. He certainly didn't want Konoha's destruction.
    You make a good point, which is something I considered as well. I think alot of people are seeing the scheme I was making, and then jump to conclusion on what I think. Everyone keeps repeating Do I think Danzo was manipulating Orochimaru and whether or not this or that and the answer is, everything I think is in the thread, if you didnt get that answer then I didnt come to that conclusion. I dont make assumptions, I deal with facts alone.

    To respond to your first comment which I really liked I would have to say that Orochimaru was not being used by Danzo, rather it was a mutual relationship. Perhaps Orochimaru wanted to experiment more with the Senju DNA and in return get some Uchiha DNA (Their has to be a few spare bodies to go along with all of those eyes). All I am saying is that I dont think it is a mere coincedence that Orochimaru seems to want to destroy the village for no apparent reason mind you, and Danzo who is working with Orochimaru ALSO wants the village destroyed for his personal reasons. And Hiruzen said it himself, there has to be an alterior reason for Orochimaru wanting to attack the village as he has no goals and attacking out of vengeance doesnt suit him. Hiruzen pretty much said it himself.

    Now let me show you something I thought was weird:



    As soon as Hiruzen was defeated and Orochimaru lost his arms he tells them to retreat saying it was all finished. But logically speaking it wasnt.. He had no knowledge of how the plan was going, merely after killing Hiruzen he orders his sqaud to retreat leaving the Sand Village, who were following his orders, out to dry.

    Basically to respond to your very last point breifly, We know that Danzo wanted the destruction of Konoha, perhaps not the completely destruction but enough to warrant a non suspicious death of the Hokage along with enough inner turmoil that no one would challenge him seizing power. Not that although you may argue against how reasonable this is this is EXACTLY what happened after Pain totally destroyed the village, so we know that the method was a good one.
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member Senju Bean's Avatar
    Status
    Senju Bean is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Traveling
    Posts
    3,757
    Post Thanks / Like
    Drinking Milk
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Interesting makes sense. I always thought that Danzo put Oro under KA in order to get those Sharingan/Hashi DNA transplanted. There is no way a logical man like Danzo would go under the knife with a psychopath unless somehow that psychopath was "compelled" to guarantee some measure of safety.
     
         

  20. #20
    みかん〜4代目翻訳 英語 The ProphecY's Avatar
    Status
    The ProphecY is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    None of your Concern!
    Posts
    321
    Post Thanks / Like
    Better Than EveR™
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Quote Originally Posted by FearxDeath View Post
    I think Orochimaru's reason for attacking the leaf was motivated by Danzo.
    That is a very good point you raise, it is possible that he was under KA. I cant answer the question because I really dont know, what I typed above is what I had in my head. I dont have any idea whether it was merely Orochimaru doing his duty to ROOT and following Danzo's orders or whether Orochimaru was under the affects of KA. Thats something we will have to see as time goes on.
    This is highly possible considering that KA allowed Danzo to enter Orochimaru's mind and manipulate him as if he was doing things of his own. He must have ordered him to kill the 3rd so he can gain the Hokage position. The only concern about this is Danzo didn't become Hokage immediately.

    Also, since you state something similar with Itachi & Orochimaru's sword, then Danzo also cast KA on Itachi. Again this is probable since all the words that Danzo said about Itachi was exactly the things that happened. The Uchiha Clan Massacre occurred leaving only Sasuke alive.

    Your arguing that Orochimaru only acts according to his own interests, all I am saying is that his interests just happen to be in accordance with Danzo's interests, and that he has complied with everything Danzo has asked him to do so far, and that as soon as Danzo dies, his interests suddenly change, change to an interest which just happens to help the village. You take from that what you will. As long as you understood the point I was trying to make I am satisfied.
    As you said, Orochimaru cooperates with Danzo due to their mutual understanding. As such, I doubt if Orochimaru will do something for Danzo without gaining any benefits. He must have joined the Roots because he would want something in return. Perhaps, Hashirama's Dna or forbidden techniques such as Edo-Tensei or whatsoever. Its really iffy to think how he gained access to the leaf's forbidden techniques. Same thing I think of why he joined Akatsuki. He may wanted Madara's Dna or he just wanted to know the true goal of the organization. Anyways, what I'm really trying to say here is, Orochimaru isn't the type of guy who will do something without good reasons.

    Lastly, I doubt if Orochimaru's change of heart has anything to do with Danzo. As he said it himself he just wanted to know the outcome of Sasuke's new found path. Further, he said that he has no interest in war but he was interested to the one who started the war.

    Again, this is a long but informative thread. I love reading your theories... Keep up
     
         
    Last edited by The ProphecY; 09-05-2013 at 07:49 AM.

  21. #21
    Hokage Byron123's Avatar
    Status
    Byron123 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many people don't believe in
    paradise but everyone, without
    an exception, believes in
    hell.
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Quote Originally Posted by FearxDeath View Post
    Are you out of your mind? I gave you clear evidence where on multiple occasions it is referenced that Danzo wanted Konoha to be destroyed so that he could use that as an oppurtunity to assume power. Now you can argue that his real goal was merely to assume power, but nontheless destroying konoha was the means he planned to use to achieve that goal.

    The point I was making was that Orochimaru wanted to destroy konoha BECAUSE danzo told him to in order to help him become Hokage... Now that Danzo is no longer alive he no longer has to follow with his desires. Being in ANBU ROOT means you give your life to Danzo and ROOT, you have no name, you are nobody, just like Sai..


    The more I read this the more I I believe you either didnt comprehend the point I was trying to make, or are just trying to be argumentative. This is made evident when everything I say, you merely say the contrary, being disagreeable for the sake of being disagreeable, no counter points, no scans, no real reason to take your word over mine. I say the sky is blue and show you a picture, you say No its red and then walk away. Eitherway I dont want to draw this out any further. Good day.
    I don't try to be disagreeable just for the sake of being but because there is actualyl a difference between how you and I comprehend distraction. For me Danzo only wanted to destroy Konoha to the point of being easy for him to control it. What I said is that Orochimaru had no desire to control Konoha but simply destroy it.

    In other words, Danzo wants partial destruction since he wants to assume power of what is left whereas Orochimaru since he doesn't have any desire to conquer the village, he wants to completely destroy it, turn in it into ashes. You miscomprehended what I meant in the first place.

    Back to his personality point; You seriously compare Orochimaru's philosophy to Sai's? Orochimaru is nothing like that, he is an egomaniac who seeks immortality and has developped a god complex out of his arrogance for his powers and you suggest that he's just like one of the other anbu puppets, who were living just for Danzo and Konoha? Like seriously? All his actions so far have shown that he was extremely proud and arrogant for the man he is and under no cirmustances does it seem as if he was a no one, just like sai. Even the help he offered to Danzo with the senju dna was because of his personnal reasons so it's not a matter of loyalty as you suggested.
    Do you see now that there is reasoning behind what I suggested and it's not a matter of a whim but rather a difference of opinions in contrast to what you suggested?
     
         
    Last edited by Byron123; 09-05-2013 at 12:54 PM.

  22. #22
    Frog Sage Uchiha ClydeFrog's Avatar
    Status
    ClydeFrog is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    South Park, CO
    Posts
    742
    Post Thanks / Like
    Frogs and stuff
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Awesome read, most or your threads are amazing, this one included,. Keep up the good work.
     
         

  23. #23
    BadWolf FearxDeath's Avatar
    Status
    FearxDeath is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,408
    Post Thanks / Like
    "When I watch this boy, I
    think back to when I was once
    called a genius, and realize
    how ridiculous that was."
    - Orochimaru
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Quote Originally Posted by The ProphecY View Post

    Lastly, I doubt if Orochimaru's change of heart has anything to do with Danzo. As he said it himself he just wanted to know the outcome of Sasuke's new found path. Further, he said that he has no interest in war but he was interested to the one who started the war.

    Again, this is a long but informative thread. I love reading your theories... Keep up
    And to add to that, His new path is one that happens to lead him down the road to being Hokage. So we have Orochimaru a man who had his chance at Hokage stripped from him, Danzo a man who aspired to be Hokage, and Sasuke another person who aspires to be hokage. And they are all related. There is a connection here, I know it, but this is all ive got in my head. Its like a puzzle waiting to be solved, all the peices are here, I just dont know how they fit together.

    Good to know you still enjoy my threads


    Quote Originally Posted by Byron123 View Post
    I don't try to be disagreeable just for the sake of being but because there is actualyl a difference between how you and I comprehend distraction. For me Danzo only wanted to destroy Konoha to the point of being easy for him to control it. What I said is that Orochimaru had no desire to control Konoha but simply destroy it.

    In other words, Danzo wants partial destruction since he wants to assume power of what is left whereas Orochimaru since he doesn't have any desire to conquer the village, he wants to completely destroy it, turn in it into ashes. You miscomprehended what I meant in the first place.

    Back to his personality point; You seriously compare Orochimaru's philosophy to Sai's? Orochimaru is nothing like that, he is an egomaniac who seeks immortality and has developped a god complex out of his arrogance for his powers and you suggest that he's just like one of the other anbu puppets, who were living just for Danzo and Konoha? Like seriously? All his actions so far have shown that he was extremely proud and arrogant for the man he is and under no cirmustances does it seem as if he was a no one, just like sai. Even the help he offered to Danzo with the senju dna was because of his personnal reasons so it's not a matter of loyalty as you suggested.
    Do you see now that there is reasoning behind what I suggested and it's not a matter of a whim but rather a difference of opinions in contrast to what you suggested?
    Exactly! So we can say it like this:

    Danzo wants the leaf destroyed to obtain power
    Orochimaru wants the leaf destroyed for no real reason, he claims it was on a whim to be the wind that turned the windmill. (Note Danzo is the strongest wind style user in the manga.)

    But here is what you are missing and what even Hiruzen said. Orochimaru is not the man to attack out of vengance. And thus he has no goal or reason to attack the leaf. But Sasuke himself hints that there is no way he did it on just a whim, and thus there had to be a reason and like Hiruzen said that reason is not merely vengance. And this is where we depart, because you think that he would want to destroy it on a whim/vengance, contrary to scans with people with an intimate relationship with orochimaru saying that that simply could not be the reason.

    I was not comparing their philosophies, I was comparing the mentaility of a person who is/was in ROOT, which is that they are nobody, merely instruments to be used as ROOT see's fit. Remember Sai isnt Sai's name, that is the alias he was given when he was sent on the mission and joined Team Yamato, in reality he has no name. I am not saying he is an ANBU puppet, I am merely pointing out that Danzo does not let people into ROOT that are disobedient and self centered. And the fact that Orochimaru made it to become Danzo's right hand man is a testamate to how much trust Danzo had in him.

    Now another thing I want to say is that this thread is not like my others, if you have ever seen a different thread of mine. Other threads of mine have a distince point, this was doesnt. This is more my train of thought regarding this situation. All I do is show scans back to back, and list out in the conclusion what each scan signifies. From there I let people jump to their own conclusions. Personally I dont have a take on this, I can make an assumption, but I couldnt defend it because their isnt enough prove to make any bold claims. This thread is merely a bunch of puzzle pieces, I am hoping someone else could look at this and put it together for me or perhaps help me find a piece that feel under the couch.


    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeFrog View Post
    Awesome read, most or your threads are amazing, this one included,. Keep up the good work.
    Im always glad to hear that someone enjoyed my thread , thanks
     
         

  24. #24
    Ancient Horror awesomeseimei's Avatar
    Status
    awesomeseimei is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    At the Mountains of Madness
    Posts
    3,682
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love to dream, but I never
    try to dream and think at the
    same time.
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    That's why I want Kishi to elaborate upon Danzo's past more! Too many things left unanswered.. What's your take on why Danzo didn't take over after Hiruzen's death? Great job connecting the dots, even though many things are unclear still.. But I hope we'll see more yet.
     
         

  25. #25
    Hokage Byron123's Avatar
    Status
    Byron123 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    3,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Many people don't believe in
    paradise but everyone, without
    an exception, believes in
    hell.
     

    Re: [FEAR] Orochimaru;s Loyalty; Konoha's Betrayal

    Quote Originally Posted by FearxDeath View Post



    Exactly! So we can say it like this:

    Danzo wants the leaf destroyed to obtain power
    Orochimaru wants the leaf destroyed for no real reason, he claims it was on a whim to be the wind that turned the windmill. (Note Danzo is the strongest wind style user in the manga.)

    But here is what you are missing and what even Hiruzen said. Orochimaru is not the man to attack out of vengance. And thus he has no goal or reason to attack the leaf. But Sasuke himself hints that there is no way he did it on just a whim, and thus there had to be a reason and like Hiruzen said that reason is not merely vengance. And this is where we depart, because you think that he would want to destroy it on a whim/vengance, contrary to scans with people with an intimate relationship with orochimaru saying that that simply could not be the reason.

    I was not comparing their philosophies, I was comparing the mentaility of a person who is/was in ROOT, which is that they are nobody, merely instruments to be used as ROOT see's fit. Remember Sai isnt Sai's name, that is the alias he was given when he was sent on the mission and joined Team Yamato, in reality he has no name. I am not saying he is an ANBU puppet, I am merely pointing out that Danzo does not let people into ROOT that are disobedient and self centered. And the fact that Orochimaru made it to become Danzo's right hand man is a testamate to how much trust Danzo had in him.

    Now another thing I want to say is that this thread is not like my others, if you have ever seen a different thread of mine. Other threads of mine have a distince point, this was doesnt. This is more my train of thought regarding this situation. All I do is show scans back to back, and list out in the conclusion what each scan signifies. From there I let people jump to their own conclusions. Personally I dont have a take on this, I can make an assumption, but I couldnt defend it because their isnt enough prove to make any bold claims. This thread is merely a bunch of puzzle pieces, I am hoping someone else could look at this and put it together for me or perhaps help me find a piece that feel under the couch.



    I see your point, still though I hope that Orochimaru did have personnal reasons and he wasn't doing all this for someone's else sake. It would destroy his celf-centred personality.

    P.S Where was it stated that Danzo was the stronger wind style user?
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •