View Poll Results: ...

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • I agree. Naruto is the perfect main character because he also has flaws.

    10 50.00%
  • No, he's a Gary Stu now. Only Itachi is more perfect.

    5 25.00%
  • He is cool, but not 100% perfect. He will when he kisses Hinata! (oh no, pairing war incoming)

    4 20.00%
  • 4th option because "dunno"

    1 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 36
  1. #1
    Senior Member EliteRamenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    EliteRamenNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,153
    Location
    Between Christina Ricci's legs
    This user has no status.
     

    Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    I have read here that some people think Naruto is now a Gary Stu type of character. A perfect hero without any flaws.

    As a big Naruto-fan, I have to disagree with this. The main reason why I think Naruto is an awesome main character is just because he ISN'T perfect. Yes, he may be very strong now (it's 'his manga' so) but he is not "Itachish"... He still has those funny, stupid moments and stuff. He is a hero, but in his own way. It's only normal he is the main star and is getting stronger and stronger, because Obito right now is a mothef*cking tank.


    Dat Naruto! I have read (and still follow) like 15-20 manga's but Naruto is the only main character who's actually also my favorite char from a series.

    Problem?
     
         
    Last edited by EliteRamenNinja; 09-09-2013 at 02:39 PM.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Status
    Cosman is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,323
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    I broke the rules, got banned.
    Please don't make the same
    mistake as me, follow the
    rules.
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    How can somebody loaded with so many imperfections and controversial themes be considered a stu?

    I facepalm sometimes.
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member EliteRamenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    EliteRamenNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,153
    Location
    Between Christina Ricci's legs
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosman View Post
    How can somebody loaded with so many imperfections and controversial themes be considered a stu?

    I facepalm sometimes.
    Indeed. I needed my both hands for facepalms this week.
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member Grammar Nazi's Avatar
    Status
    Grammar Nazi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,723
    Location
    Rajshahi
    I jest at anything and
    everything that comes in my
    way
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    call me a fool and illiterate but who's Gary Stu?
     
         

  5. #5
    *★ ★~Elite Member~★ ★ * S A G E's Avatar
    Status
    S A G E is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,563
    Location
    Hawaii
    #1 Tobirama, Obito, Nagato,
    Naruto, and Konohamaru fanboy.
    People who go against me are
    mere fodders in comparison.
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    He's a very realistic and believable character with imperfection here and there, but at the end of the day he's our hero.
     
         

  6. #6
    ▓☆ The Oh' Flawless One ★▓ ' ~ Dantee ~ ''s Avatar
    Status
    ' ~ Dantee ~ ' is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    34,797
    Location
    On my alt account moderating.
    #FreeMacho
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    This thread should never have existed. No one calls Naruto that.
     
         

  7. #7
    aka caterpillar paratise's Avatar
    Status
    paratise is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    15,002
    Location
    edge of time
    In the sky a mighty eagle
    doesn't care about what's
    illegal on its wings the
    rainbow's light it's flying to
    eternity
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    Pretty much everyone in the manga are d-riding him as if he is a God and his ideals are materials of worshipping.

    I don't think he is perfect; but he is changing anyone he encounters with few simplistic words of interpretaion of fairy tale ideals and "not giving up". No one gives up, even Shino is not giving up; why would it became something so speacial when Naruto does not give up? I don't think he is perfect (not at all); but appearantly; a good deal of shinobi world sees him as a material to be worshipped.
     
         

  8. #8
    Senior Member Sennin of Logic's Avatar
    Status
    Sennin of Logic is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,435
    Location
    At your argument's funeral
    Hate rude fanboys.
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    They really think he's too perfect? What they're really saying is, "I want him to suck so my fave can shine." He has a temper, a personality flaw, he has always had his dumb moments, a combat flaw, and he has had chakra control problems, a physical flaw. In no way does Naruto qualify as a too perfect character.
     
         

  9. #9
    Banned
    Status
    Cosman is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,323
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    I broke the rules, got banned.
    Please don't make the same
    mistake as me, follow the
    rules.
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Hot 4 da Chicks View Post
    call me a fool and illiterate but who's Gary Stu?
    Male version of "Mary Sue" (although I use Mary Sue for everything).

    Means a goody-goody character who is played off to be perfect in every way. Notable stu's and sue's of this series are Itachi and Minato (by the fandom that is).

    Quote Originally Posted by ' ~ Dantee ~ ' View Post
    This thread should never have existed. No one calls Naruto that.
    You'd be surprised
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Sennin of Logic's Avatar
    Status
    Sennin of Logic is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    7,435
    Location
    At your argument's funeral
    Hate rude fanboys.
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    Quote Originally Posted by ' ~ Dantee ~ ' View Post
    This thread should never have existed. No one calls Naruto that.
    3 votes say he's a Gary Stu, so apparently people do. People who need to check their reading skills, but people nonetheless.
     
         

  11. #11
    JIRAIYA perv's Avatar
    Status
    JIRAIYA perv is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    5,037
    "It is the mark of an
    educated mind to be able to
    entertain a thought without
    accepting it"
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    Quote Originally Posted by S A G E View Post
    He's a very realistic and believable character with imperfection here and there, but at the end of the day he's our hero.
    not bashing naruto or anything and i admit i don't like the character/hero of this series BUT did you actually say he is a "realistic and believable character" ?? i mean ................... this is the guy that walks in between two sides that hate each other (for many current and ancient reasons) and says something like "i will carry your hate" ..................... and somehow that works, everyone is happy (what the hell did he fix ??)

    OT : you are right bro, naruto is far from perfect.
     
         
    Last edited by JIRAIYA perv; 09-09-2013 at 02:53 PM.

  12. #12
    The Adonis the big boss's Avatar
    Status
    the big boss is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    7,271
    Location
    Outer Heaven
    i like plants. plants are
    asexual, and can reproduce by
    budding. dat photosynthesis.
    dat Plant reproductive
    morphology. dat flora.
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    Quote Originally Posted by Too Hot 4 da Chicks View Post
    call me a fool and illiterate but who's Gary Stu?


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Sue
     
         

  13. #13
    Respected and Feared KingHashirama's Avatar
    Status
    KingHashirama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    22,242
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    define perfect....

    Naruto

    -smart
    -funny
    -relaxed
    -strong
    -wise
    - knows how to defend
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member EliteRamenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    EliteRamenNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,153
    Location
    Between Christina Ricci's legs
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    But he still hasn't blow up planets = not perfect.

     
         

  15. #15
    Demon Sannin RasenUchihaChaos's Avatar
    Status
    RasenUchihaChaos is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,376
    Location
    World That Never Was
    I See The Truth
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    naruto had many flaws and his enemies and {friends} pointed them out alot


    if not for them 1 izanami and naruto is gone forever
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member EliteRamenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    EliteRamenNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,153
    Location
    Between Christina Ricci's legs
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    No Itachi shit here, please.
     
         

  17. #17
    Banned
    Status
    Bijuu Bomber is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    5,627
    Location
    In threads Solo'ing them (¬‿¬)
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    Naruto? Gary Stu? Good lord...
     
         

  18. #18
    Demon Sannin RasenUchihaChaos's Avatar
    Status
    RasenUchihaChaos is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,376
    Location
    World That Never Was
    I See The Truth
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    Quote Originally Posted by EliteRamenNinja View Post
    No Itachi shit here, please.
    he didnt invent the jutsu pretty sure madara and that half-azzed uchiha obiot knows it too
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member EliteRamenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    EliteRamenNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,153
    Location
    Between Christina Ricci's legs
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    Tobirama invented it.
     
         

  20. #20
    Demon Sannin RasenUchihaChaos's Avatar
    Status
    RasenUchihaChaos is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    7,376
    Location
    World That Never Was
    I See The Truth
     

    Re: Naruto ain't a Gary Stu.

    Quote Originally Posted by EliteRamenNinja View Post
    Tobirama invented it.
    be funny if he did since everyone takes his jutsu and makes it better even if the names are bad

    lol hard at his rage towards minato
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •