Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

"The" Amaterasu

People consider Amaterasu as one of really powerful and strong jutsus out of there. But, there always needs to be an excuse. When did Amaterasu ever worked? I love Amaterasu as much as you do, because its really an awesome Eye Technique. But the fact that i've noticed, it never really worked. 1. Itachi used Amaterasu to escape Jiraiya's Frog Trap. It worked, but then it probably was sealed by Jiraiya, so it wouldnt work on this frog anymore, + it costed alot of Itachi's chakra. Second, it was used in Sasuke vs Itachi fight. Itachi didnt wanted to kill Sasuke i got it, but still it didnt even really worked on him. Third, when used on Madara. It made Madara Shout Loudly and all, but then it appeared that nothing happened to him. Fourth, on Killer Bee - Worst Amaterasu fail ever, no comment. I dont know that did he used it on Danzo, but if he did then it failed again. And so on, its a strong technique, that never works.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: "The" Amaterasu

I agree. ameterasu is powerful, but not the most effective, like rasen shuriken only that rasen shuriken is a tad more powerful

Status
    Dec 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Amaterasu is curently one of the most powerful techniques out there at this moment , but i dont understand something . Theoretically amaterasu can burn everything that the eyes look on ... still how it could not burn raikage ? even though sasuke looked at him .. There must be a little delay time before amaterasu appears on a target like few milisecs , enough time to evade it .... i think , anyway every super powerful technique has her drawbacks ...

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Christyan View Post
    Amaterasu is curently one of the most powerful techniques out there at this moment , but i dont understand something . Theoretically amaterasu can burn everything that the eyes look on ... still how it could not burn raikage ? even though sasuke looked at him .. There must be a little delay time before amaterasu appears on a target like few milisecs , enough time to evade it .... i think , anyway every super powerful technique has her drawbacks ...
    there are some techniques as or not more powerful than amaterasu. raikage used a justsu that made him really fast. it was like he made a mirage of himself or something.

Status
    Aug 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Christyan View Post
    we see things because light bounces back of something and falls into our eye, so if you move faster than the light needs to jump from you to my eye, you could already have moved before i see where you was before you moved.
    i think that was the explanation kishi had, because one of raikage's companion said that he can move faster than light.

@topic: i pretty much agree with you, it basically is a totally overpowered technique, but either sasuke doesnt use it (kakashi) or the enemy has some way to counter it.

Last edited by Revan; 04-22-2010 at 09:19 PM.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    we see things because light bounces back of something and falls into our eye, so if you move faster than the light needs to jump from you to my eye, you could already have moved before i see where you was before you moved.
    i think that was the explanation kishi had, because one of raikage's companion said that he can move faster than light.

@topic: i pretty much agree with you, it basically is a totally overpowered technique, but either sasuke doesnt use it (kakashi) or the enemy has some way to counter it.
    faster than light? you kinda lost me there. more like faster than than the registration of the eye. even with a sharingan.

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Amaterasu is one of the most powerful fire techs in narutoverse.. but the problem is it has been tried against top-notch S-A Rank extraordinary ninjas like Jiraiya, Itachi, Madara, Raikage, Killerbee, Sasuke and even Danzo.. The tech has a S-Rank speciality and you need S Rank or Elite A-Rank ninja's to counter it.. that's wats been happening.. There's nothing wrong with its affect and usefulness.. just that ppl whom it has been used against r the most powerful ninja's in narutoverse and even they have had their fair-share of trouble guarding against it..

If used against regular jounins or below ranked ninjas... It's game over.. ur toasted, baked, BBQ'd all at same time

Last edited by chopsy16; 04-22-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ameterasu is one of the most powerful Dojutsu in the Narutoverse.

The fact that it doesn't work very often doesn't speak poorly for the technique, but about the caliber of the fights we've seen.

When Itachi used it against Jiraiya's toad stomach jutsu it worked perfectly

When he used it against Sasuke, He had no choice. He had to force sasuke to use the regeneration technique and sasuke knew it would be the only way to counter ameterasu.
    Later, when the implanted tech attacked Tobi, he only lived because he's an obvious badass that specifically knows how to deal with Sharingan dojutsu.

In the battle against the eight-tailed beast, the tech worked fine. What failed was Sasuke and Karin's powers of perception. Ameterasu just burns the crap out of stuff, it doesn't make perception better (in fact.. the strain it puts on the eye makes perception worse probably).

At the Kage Summit you see the only instance of someone, the Raikage, dodging Ameterasu. I tend to think this was something of a cop out.

When Sasuke fought Danzo the only reason Danzo didn't die right there is that he was using Izanagi.

So all in all, I think Ameterasu is still a pretty leet technique, but Kishi has made it clear that you can still defend against Ameterasu.

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

dont forget garra and his sand

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post

I don't remember them ever saying he can move *faster* than light. Even Minato Namikaze or Madara probably can't move faster than light. From what I recall they said his speed matched the Fourth's. That could mean his regular speed or the Hiraishin. I'm not sure.

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    I don't remember them ever saying he can move *faster* than light. Even Minato Namikaze or Madara probably can't move faster than light. From what I recall they said his speed matched the Fourth's. That could mean his regular speed or the Hiraishin. I'm not sure.
    yeah i agree. zetsu one time said to madara that he could not travel at the speed of light like madara, but I belive it was a figure of speech. no one can be faster than light.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Mino View Post
    yeah i agree. zetsu one time said to madara that he could not travel at the speed of light like madara, but I belive it was a figure of speech. no one can be faster than light.
    when they say faster than light speed I just get the image of those Hyper Space portals opening up like in Stargate SG1 in my mind.

Last edited by Ham; 04-23-2010 at 03:14 PM.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It would work against the frog again, Jiraiya didnt seal the fire across the entire frog, he simply sealed the fire current present.

There is no known "seal" that evades amaterasu.

If kishi truly explained that as raikage moving "faster than light" then I now understand the immense plotholes.

I have attempted to explain this before without much luck.

Kakashi as a child using chidori was scolded by Minato for Kakashi was moving so fast his EYES couldnt keep up with his surroundings, as such enemies could counter attack without him knowing, as we saw in the Manga Gaiden.

He then obtained the sharingan and it allowed him to see his surroundings, allowing him to use the chidori/raikiri and could see if an enemy was coming to counter him.

Lets forget the fact that the brain is the organ which actually processes the surroundings, and the brain governs the speed of the processing ability, the eye is simply the tool it uses, and the eye is indeed limited to the speed of light, which makes the fact of sharingan allowing Kakashi to see faster absolutely laughably scientifically false.

Lets entertain the idea that an eye transplant has made Kakashis brain process ocular images faster, we come to the problem that Raikage manages to move at much faster speeds without sharingan, and not only moves faster, but moves faster TO COUNTER anothers attacks

So on one hand we have Kakashi who moves fast and IS countered
    And on one hand we have Raikage moving faster TO counter.

Its about as arse about face as things can get.

Raikage and Kakashi assumedly have similar eyes/brain process speeds given theyre both the same species, and have same species eyes (prior to his sharingan implant)

An eye simply recieves light reflecting off of objects, the eye then gives this information to the brain, which processes the information into an image, which allows you to manipulate your surroundings.

An eyes speed of seeing is governed entirely by the speed of light, your bodies reaction times to its surroundings is governed entirely by your brains speed of processing the image the eye recieves.

A sharingan implant allowing Kakashi to see things better at faster speeds suggests it has somehow artificially increased his brains processing speeds.