Page 3 of 3 « First 123
    Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

Re: Training with omega5 [Genjutsu]

Quote Originally Posted by omega5 View Post
    Well yea this is probably best used with a sword so I will answer as if the user as one.

This is good for close combat. Since my moves are not restricted I am still able to attack. I might hallucinate the waving arms but the person himself seems to be within reality somewhat. I could throw ninja stars attack with jutsu from a distance and observe the properties of the waving hands. Especially after the user may have to dodge my techniques. Once I see the flaws with the images and movements I could tell that I am in a genjutsu.
    Good thinking. Basically all you have to do is find out that one of the arms is an illusion by slicing your own sword through it and finding that it doesn't stop you. Then you can use the same motion and momentum to continue attacking the opponent. However, you'd still be in the genjutsu but you would know which one is the real. Since it's low rank, a simple cut would release you and you could inflict that one using a kunai in your other hand, for example.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate mondays

Right. I'd probably slit my arm as I continue progressing forward so as not to leave an opening for the other guy. The cut wouldnt be too deep but just enough to break me out of it. Yep that would be best.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

Right. I'd probably slit my arm as I continue progressing forward so as not to leave an opening for the other guy. The cut wouldnt be too deep but just enough to break me out of it. Yep that would be best.
    Alright then, this closes our 2nd method. The next method is concealing. What can you tell me about it? What do you think is the point of these illusions?

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate mondays

This method is probably best used to hide the user of the genjutsu so he can not be seen by the opponent. I'm not sure if that's what concealing jutsu is exactly but that's what I feel like it is meant for. It effects the users senses, mainly sight, so that the user becomes confused to the users whereabouts

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‫‫

This method is probably best used to hide the user of the genjutsu so he can not be seen by the opponent. I'm not sure if that's what concealing jutsu is exactly but that's what I feel like it is meant for. It effects the users senses, mainly sight, so that the user becomes confused to the users whereabouts
    Yes, correct. Concealing are techniques similar to trickery except that they conceal yourself. Your opponent doesn't see you within the illusion which is always useful for setting up attacks. It often relies to bigger scale illusions that are able to conceal you and your intentions very well and they mainly affect sight but they can also affect hearing to hide the sounds of moving objects and yourself, too. Basically, these are very cool illusions that allow you to gain the upper hand on the opponent and set up an attack. While he's trying to deduce it's an illusion and release himself from it, you can move away from your original position and set up another attack that follows up his release (if he's able to release himself). The advantage that you gain is him seeing the attack as he releases and having a limited time to react. He obviously can do it but for dramatic purposes it's a great way to push your opponent around. Questions before we start?

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate mondays

Nope i'm ready sensei

Page 3 of 3 « First 123