"I'm suprised you know such useless things. This is the first time since birth that I've admired you. By the way, will you be eating that cake?”
Manga Coloring Contest 
Welcome everyone to the Manga Coloring Contest.
- The submission period will run till the 27th October. Deadline may change. Voting thread will then be on afterwards post-submission-deadline!
- As usual, it is a free choice. You may color any image you want; as long as it's manga/anime related.
- When your submission is finished and you want to submit, upload your entry to either www.imageshack.us or www.tinypic.com and send me a PM (Private Message) with the link to your image. Read the rules VERY carefully before taking part.
- Follow the Global Forum Rules. Anything that goes against the Global Forum Rules won't be tolerated.
- Entries must be your own work.
- Make sure you give me the original image/lineart as well. Otherwise your entry won't be accepted.
- To minimize rip-offs, you shall do a screenshot while you have reached around midway of your own coloring. And the screenshot shall be forwarded to me along with your submission in PM. The screenshot won't be revealed publicly but it will act as proof of your own hardwork.
- To keep all submissions anonymous, do not show your coloring to anyone on any site including deviantArt.
- Do not put your username on your submission coloring. Or any signature logo of yours.
- Submitting entries with the same lineart as an entry from a previous contest is not allowed.
- Ecchi/Hentai colorings are not accepted (google 'ecchi' if you don't know)
-Make sure nobody knows which submission is yours! Be it by NB means or any social networking sites. As it often is leaked in the voting thread.
- In case you were caught advertising your submission while contest was on or if you were caught asking for votes, you will be immediately DISQUALIFIED!
How to do basic coloring/what do I have to do in order to join the comp?
This is what i tell most ppl who ask me for tips on photoshop and how to color mangas. let's see:
The manga coloring competition is a digital coloring competition. Which means that you submit by choosing a part of a manga page, or a black and white picture of a manga character from any anime/manga (naruto, bleach, fairy tale, hellsing, etc..)
And color it by either using photoshop, gimp, illustator, painshop pro, or any other painting program. (Hand-drawn work goes in the Art Contest)
(I recommend you do not use paint as u won't have any chance of getting a good result, and it is not a program meant to color images)
I would recommend you watch some youtube videoes on how to color mangas, also check out DeviantArt.com for tutorials. They can be to great help.
The easiest way to start learning how to color manga is by getting a clean lineart like this for example.
What you do when u start coloring:
1. create a group called "colors" below ur lineart(lineart stays on top. Unless ur lineart has a white background, place the lineart on the very bottom of ur layers). This is where all ur color layers go.
2. color each part of the lineart (just fill them with color) use a new layer for each different color/body part.
3. Set all ur coloring layers to multiply (blend mode)
4. When ur're done with that create a group called "shadows". This is where all ur shadows go. Place above the color group.
5. start adding shadows where there should be shadows. Feel free to use my pic for tips on where to add shadows. Remember! Imagine where the light hits from etc.
How to take a screenshot:
If you are using a MAC computer:
- To capture the entire desktop, press Command-Shift-3. The screen shot will be automatically saved as a PNG file on your desktop.
If you are using a Windows computer:
- Press "Print Screen" ( the button is usually found next to the "F12" and "Scroll Lock" keys. On laptop keyboards, you may have to press the "Fn" button.) to take a screenshot of the entire screen. Then open Microsoft Paint, paste the screenshot and Save.
Winners will recieve a Medal as usual. And 1st place shall also be Cyan'd. Follow the rules, submit and have fun^^
To make it more interesting and to bump the thread. Notify your submission by writing: ~I am taking part~ in the comments below. We're hoping to get even more submissions this month. Thanks
When submitting your entries, Use the following title in your PMs:
"Manga Coloring Contest  ~ Entry: Your Username" Example:: "Manga Coloring Contest  ~ Entry: Escorpiius"
More participants and faster submissions will be nice
Bold: I started to work on mine since the thread was posted, but since I had a whole month to finish it, I took very slow. Had the dealine been earlier, I'd have hurried up At any rate, it can't be helped: coloring is a very laborious process...
On another note, after playing a lot, I've finished my entry. Sending it as we speak.