Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    >_>

You understand?

Okay so recently something occured in one of my classes. My teacher said the N word, and other words that could be seen as offensive to people, but let me explain!! First....

Some kid was calling this guy who was my neighbor, a queer(No offense) and my teacher heard it, and boy, did she get angry! She started and yelling and stuff. (The kid wasn't serious, more like how guys joke calling eachother gay)... and I'm just like O____O

Then she said " That's like me saying f----t or Q---r or N-----!"

And Lmao, all the black kids in my class... looked at her, like "Hold the **** up".. and I was just shocked, but didn't give 0 **** to be honest.

Now, the next day, this girl came up and asked what I thought about it, and this was my response:
    I dont think she should have used words so lightly, because it could cost her , her job. Now what if a homosexual kid, went home and told his parents, she was calling him the F word, or Q.... Now She can't even deny saying she said that, because she did, and looking at the maturity in my class. They wouldn't even think twice, about telling the truth.
    Or some angry black kid went home and did the same thing.

And you know, in this society, it is (Well close to) a crime to say the N word, if you aint black.
    Now I'm not saying she was right for using these words (that can be seen as offensive) or wrong.
    I'm just saying she shouldn't use them as lightly, because things like this can get you in a world of trouble.

Bringing more of an example:
    She used this kid as an example, of someone namecalling another kid, despite this. The kid felt very offended, and felt like she was insulting him. Even though, this was just an example, and not her actually trying to insult him in a way.

You see what Im trying to say?

That she should't have used those words as lightly as she did, or atleast censored them, because kids could go home and tell their parents anything.
    Once again, not saying she is wrong for using them, but yet to be more careful, cause these things could cost her , her job.

Ofcourse, the girl I was talking, got a attitude thinking, I was trying to saying she was so damn wrong and she shouldn't offend black people like that.
    She was like " Okay, whatever "
    Then called me a b-tch afterwards.
    She almost got slapped to be honest.

Last edited by Skorm; 09-26-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    NaN

Re: You understand?

She...she could have made her point without actually saying derogatory slurs

Status
    Sep 2012
    ★★★««Count from ONE to INFINITY twice, then I Just Might tell you»»★★★
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kikyo»»AyameChan»»NicoRobi
    n»»MeiT
    erumi»»BoaHancock»»Halibel

are we talking about killerBee in here.??

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like to debate, but
    I've been known to own

honestly it just sounds like there's a part of her that's been dying to use those words so she blew up about something she probably doesn't care too much about herself in order to have a reason to say it

But I agree with your perspective though. I wouldn't say she was wrong per se, just a little short-sided. As far as me personally though, I'm still trying to kick the n-word like a bad habit, so until I can stop using it myself, white people for the most part get a pass from me, unless ofcorse they are clearly trying to be racist and insulting with it.

As far as that girl goes, you should've showed what a true b-tch is lol

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    >_>

Quote Originally Posted by FreakensteinAG View Post
    She...she could have made her point without actually saying derogatory slurs
    Right!
    The girl I was discussing with was like "She just making a point"
    Which brings me to this.
    Her point was not to use name calling or any kind of slurs agaisnt one another.
    Her trying to make a point, shouldn't include slurs itself, really.

She made herself vunerable to a lie to be told, and to be on the news.
    Cause you know, when a teacher uses slurs, and the media finds out, everyone knows now.

And who they gone believe?
    They upset kid who got offended or the teacher ?

Last edited by Craziie; 09-26-2013 at 04:54 AM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I speak the truth but I guess
    that's just a foreign language
    to y'all.

What a story .

Yeah it's kinda messed up how much weight come behind those words. With the chances of them being found offensive, it can easily not only cost you your job, but how you're regarded as society itself. Where I'm from, there are a lot of white people who use the N-word, basically anyone from say 12-24 years of age say it (in a casual manner mind you). You may say this is weird, but as a black guy who's grown up around mostly whites I feel like there a big difference between the n-word with an -a at the end from the n-word with a -er at the end. Don't know why but the latter just sounds harsh for some reason and it really bugs me but I'm so used to the former that it doesn't bug me anymore.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fishing relaxes me. It's like
    yoga, except I get to kill
    something

Well she needs to understand her position of authority and the consequences for using that language. I agree that it sounds like she wanted to blow up at the kids and call them that stuff. She could've just said that's like me calling you a racist term or something

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kami View Post
    What a story .

Yeah it's kinda messed up how much weight come behind those words. With the chances of them being found offensive, it can easily not only cost you your job, but how you're regarded as society itself. Where I'm from, there are a lot of white people who use the N-word, basically anyone from say 12-24 years of age say it (in a casual manner mind you). You may say this is weird, but as a black guy who's grown up around mostly whites I feel like there a big difference between the n-word with an -a at the end from the n-word with a -er at the end. Don't know why but the latter just sounds harsh for some reason and it really bugs me but I'm so used to the former that it doesn't bug me anymore.
    Neither , offend me.
    It's whatever, if using a racial slur towards me, makes you feel better about yourself. More power to you.
    Ofcourse, I had my fights with those who decided to just keep calling me that.
    The only difference I see between the r and the a, is that the one with the R, is used as an racial slur for blacks, and many get offended.

It shouldn't bug you really, just think about it like this.
    If they are going out of their way to insult you because of your race rather than your personality, then they got issues themselves, and they can go fvck themselves.

I think about it like that

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I speak the truth but I guess
    that's just a foreign language
    to y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbiee View Post
    Neither , offend me.
    It's whatever, if using a racial slur towards me, makes you feel better about yourself. More power to you.
    Ofcourse, I had my fights with those who decided to just keep calling me that.
    The only difference I see between the r and the a, is that the one with the R, is used as an racial slur for blacks, and many get offended.

It shouldn't bug you really, just think about it like this.
    If they are going out of their way to insult you because of your race rather than your personality, then they got issues themselves, and they can go fvck themselves.

I think about it like that
    Oh, I don't take it that literal! I just meant the sound if the word bugged me haha. Like its a weird sounding word but you're also right about the racial slur as well. I used to get a little bothered when I was in middle school but I've grown out of it. People who are racist don't bother me, I feel bad for them because that just shows ignorance So I'm good

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's sad that people don't understand what a "******" is. Instead of knowing its denotation, people know its connotation, which is negative and applies mainly to black people. *sigh*

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must suffer me to go my
    own dark way.

That's stupid of your teacher, but seriously... Your use of commas is ridiculous.

Banned
    Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    No Ceilings

A grown woman should be able to express herself without using derogatory slurs. Even though people like to do this but comparing sexual orientation to race discrimination isn't the same thing. It's the similar in the fact that your using it to bash someone, but there in two different ball parks. It's not the same thing so she didn't even get her point across.

Hopefully nobody reported her though and she can learn from her mistake but she really should be able to express herself better if she's going to teach kids.

NB's Loyal Knight FitzChivalry Farseer's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am Fire . . . . I am Death

My spidey sense is tingling. . . . . . I think that girl was using that topic to try and talk to you. Idk you mightve blown your chances buddy

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Ophion View Post
    That's stupid of your teacher, but seriously... Your use of commas is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kami View Post
    Oh, I don't take it that literal! I just meant the sound if the word bugged me haha. Like its a weird sounding word but you're also right about the racial slur as well. I used to get a little bothered when I was in middle school but I've grown out of it. People who are racist don't bother me, I feel bad for them because that just shows ignorance So I'm good
    Oh, I thought you meant you did!
    Exactly, feel bad for racist people. Don't know their own ignorance, and just is blinded even more by thing we are the ignorant ones.It's sad, really