Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Dec 2010
    I don't like to debate, but
    I've been known to own

I love their relationship

Sorry I couldn't help it. I'm just realizing this and I think it's pretty awesome (yes I know I'm late to the party for those of who love to point that out)

These two guys were really meant for one another. No matter how hard Sasuke acts towards Naruto you can tell he really thinks of Naruto like a little brother or even like a son at times.

The bottom panel, I never really noticed before but it's actually in Sasuke's instinct to protect Naruto. Looking at this page, it's seriously like looking at the reaction of a parent who's trying to protect their child in an oncoming car crash. Sasuke not only used his Susanoo arm but he actually put his regular arm over Naruto. It's like he's got one hand over the wheel to control the car and the other arm over his kid to act as an extra seat belt keep Naruto from flying out the window just in case the regular seatbelt isn't enough. It doesn't even look like Sasuke is fully protected himself.

I just thought this was awesome. Sasuke's been growing on me lately and this just stood out for some reason

Status
    Jul 2012
    Stigmata

Re: I love their relationship

"As a son"

Really?

Status
    Oct 2012
    Wont be on much. On and off.

this guy.

Status
    May 2013
    91i23i1h24kqwweihq213

I dont think sasuke is that good.! hes does that to prove himself a badass..like..how to put it in words...m..well like..hey naruto you showed off too much until now..but see who's protecting you.! it me .! am more powerful than you.!
    something like that.!

Status

As a parent? I really can't see that kind of relationship. Brothers? Yes, I guesss. But definitely not a parent-child relationship.

Banned
    Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Sasuke think of Naruto as his lover not his son.!!

Cause sasuke is a lover not a fighter.!!

Status
    May 2013
    91i23i1h24kqwweihq213

how about a relation like this.!!??

Status
    Dec 2010
    I've been known to own

Quote Originally Posted by Parrish View Post
    "As a son"

Really?
    I said "at times" dude lol. And I was more so talking about this time and gave an example. Lighten up you're always so serious on every post I see of yours

Quote Originally Posted by BlastIt View Post
    As a parent? I really can't see that kind of relationship. Brothers? Yes, I guesss. But definitely not a parent-child relationship.
    I was more so referring to this particular incident. Idk it just made me think of how a parent would try to shield their kid from harm in a car

Quote Originally Posted by SageModeV2 View Post
    this guy.
    that guy

Quote Originally Posted by reizon View Post
    Sasuke think of Naruto as his lover not his son.!!

Cause sasuke is a lover not a fighter.!!

well I guess a husband would react like that for his wife too

Last edited by troyg39; 09-26-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Debatable, the same guy said after few chapters that I will go after Naruto and erase his 'past'...

Status
    Dec 2010
    I've been known to own

Quote Originally Posted by Sachchidanand View Post
    Debatable, the same guy said after few chapters that I will go after Naruto and erase his 'past'...
    True that's actually what made me bring this up. He says stuff like that but his instincts show the opposite. I think if it came down to it he'd cry at Naruto's funeral

Atavan Halen (◡‿◡✿) Renadollface's Avatar
    Status
    May 2013
    I'll raise you like a Phoenix.

"As a son" at times? Disagree, but it's your opinion. I love their relationship as well

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

I agree. Sasuke is acting like a big brother sometimes it's really cute to see that ahhhhh *fangirling*

Status
    Jun 2013
    "The world is a cruel
    place but it is also very
    beautiful"--Mikasa
    Ackerman

the Naruto-Sasuke relationship is the single best thing in this story. but son. noooo.
    it's a complicated rival/ friend/ enemy/ I-got-to-look-after-him-because-he-forgets-Obito-is-weak-against-Senjutsu relationship. I think it's Sasuke's instinct to protect Naruto though he would never admit it. It's both of their motivation and is probably the most complicated element of Naruto

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by troyg39 View Post
    True that's actually what made me bring this up. He says stuff like that but his instincts show the opposite. I think if it came down to it he'd cry at Naruto's funeral
    I'm completely agree. If Sasuke kills Naruto, he would be emotional. Maybe more emotional than when Itachi died. Sasuke would just rather die then admit it, which it what makes him calling Naruto "my best friend" in the Valley of the End, so huge.

edit2: I do see why you see the "son" relationship and it is valid. I just think any person would want to protect their precious person. Yes, that instinct it first a parental instinct but it can be applied to many other relationships.

Last edited by uchihajaime; 09-26-2013 at 06:25 AM.

Status
    Dec 2010
    I've been known to own

Quote Originally Posted by Renadollface View Post
    "As a son" at times? Disagree, but it's your opinion. I love their relationship as well
    Fair enough!

Quote Originally Posted by uchihajaime View Post
    the Naruto-Sasuke relationship is the single best thing in this story. but son. noooo.
    it's a complicated rival/ friend/ enemy/ I-got-to-look-after-him-because-he-forgets-Obito-is-weak-against-Senjutsu relationship. I think it's Sasuke's instinct to protect Naruto though he would never admit it. It's both of their motivation and is probably the most complicated element of Naruto
    My mom would always put her arm over me in the car whenever it looked like we might end up into a crash with another car. It usually wasn't even serious and we weren't really about get hit by anyone but just in case she always put her arm over me just like that. And it would always be instinct like she never thought about it she just did it. So the reason I said "son" is because the way Sasuke tried to protect Naruto is similar to a personal childhood memory with my parent

Status
    King of Heroes

It's that brotherly rival thing that got on. I never caught this the first time so I'm glad you posted this. I also really like the bond these two share. It's a great one and the idea of bonds that was an empathized theme in Naruto is why I like the kind of relationship these two have always shared

Status
    Dec 2010
    I've been known to own

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kami View Post
    It's that brotherly rival thing that got on. I never caught this the first time so I'm glad you posted this. I also really like the bond these two share. It's a great one and the idea of bonds that was an empathized theme in Naruto is why I like the kind of relationship these two have always shared
    agreed 100%. Their bond is what first turned me on to Naruto and finding out how their story together will end is really what keeps me reading

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Well Naruto and Sasuke are rivals, and rivals have that 'attachment' or we should say love for each other, take other example of Ino and Sakura, they are rivals, they hate each other, but during chunnin exams when those sound nins attack Team7 and Rock Lee, Ino told her to jump in and save Sakura, clearly indicates that they have that affection towards each other...
    And Sasuke always like to have that 'cool dude' kind of an attitude, so I doubt whether he will show his 'true feelings' and in this case his hatred is towards Bijuus, but if Naruto gets in way he won't forgive him...
    And this love and hatred is basically the theme on which Naruto is based on...

Status
    Dec 2010
    I am legend

More like admiration of an older brother mixed with slight jealousy and obsession. The only people sasuke cares about os naruto and itachi. Remember kakadhi says he has both a inferiority complex ( mostly towards itachi) and superiority complex ( most towards naruto). He does care for him though. Note a few chapters back he was going to use reverse summoning to only save naruto and jugo from the four buiju bombs. Poor sakura

Status
    Dec 2010
    I've been known to own

Quote Originally Posted by Sachchidanand View Post
    Well Naruto and Sasuke are rivals, and rivals have that 'attachment' or we should say love for each other, take other example of Ino and Sakura, they are rivals, they hate each other, but during chunnin exams when those sound nins attack Team7 and Rock Lee, Ino told her to jump in and save Sakura, clearly indicates that they have that affection towards each other...
    And Sasuke always like to have that 'cool dude' kind of an attitude, so I doubt whether he will show his 'true feelings' and in this case his hatred is towards Bijuus, but if Naruto gets in way he won't forgive him...
    And this love and hatred is basically the theme on which Naruto is based on...
    Good point I never really gave Ino and Sakura much thought in that manner but yea that's the same thing. I just feel like Sasuke and Naruto's relationship goes is a little stronger than just your typical rival relationship you know? Like it's the same thing only deeper.

But I think that Sasuke would end up crying. He probably wouldn't let anyone see it though. Remember when he cried for Itachi after his death? He was staring over a cliff with his back turned to everyone so they couldn't see him. He'd probably do something like that

Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash

Since Sasuke's older is does seem like he's protecting his lil brother, probably why he always talk to him since he's younger. Tho Sasuke doesn't really show respect for anyone, which is why I like him.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Everything has a price and all
    you have to do is to find out
    what it is.

this thread made my koi cry

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Good point I never really gave Ino and Sakura much thought in that manner but yea that's the same thing. I just feel like Sasuke and Naruto's relationship goes is a little stronger than just your typical rival relationship you know? Like it's the same thing only deeper.

But I think that Sasuke would end up crying. He probably wouldn't let anyone see it though. Remember when he cried for Itachi after his death? He was staring over a cliff with his back turned to everyone so they couldn't see him. He'd probably do something like that
    The other part of these actually is Yin-Yang thing.. Sasuke is Yin part of it and Naruto Yang part of it and Yin and Yang aren't opposite but complementary forces, just like Naruto and Sasuke are...So they have deeper rivalry than Ino and Sakura, and that leads me to come to the conclusion that Sasuke will either die at the end of the series, giving Naruto his Yin, or end up deserting Konoha, just like Madara did, but first one is more possible if you ask me....

Status
    May 2013
    Gloom..

Sasuke is not really the tough guy he likes to show every single human has a more sensible side, whether he/she likes to show it or not one more thing is that the excuse sasuke used for not killing naruto at the Valley was not very proficient...whether sasuke likes to say this straight or not, he never wanted to kill naruto there and it wasn't for the sake of not obeying itachi...his facial expression doesn't approve the idea he likes to follow

Status
    Jun 2012
    Evil is evil. Lesser, greater,
    middling…makes no
    difference. The degree is
    arbitrary. The definition’s
    blurred. If I’m to choose
    between one evil and another,
    I’d rather not choose it at
    all.

i loathe it,it ruined the manga for me.

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

Naruto thinks sasuke as he being his brother . sasuke said naruto is his best friend . maybe he beginning to see naruto and itachi's similarities . i can agree with the part he thinks him as a brother but as a son never .

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»