Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Mars One Project

Mars One is a not-for-profit foundation that will establish a permanent human settlement on Mars in 2023. Human settlement on Mars is possible today with existing technologies. Mars One mission plan integrates components that are well tested and readily available from industry leaders worldwide. The first footprint on Mars and lives of the crew thereon will captivate and inspire generations; it is this public interest that will help finance this human mission to Mars.

The Mars One mission plan consists of cargo missions and unmanned preparation of a habitable settlement, followed by human landings. In the coming years, a demonstration mission, communication satellites, two rovers and several cargo missions will be sent to Mars. These missions will set up the outpost where the human crew will live and work.

The mission design takes into account the expansion of the human colony where a new crew arrive every two years.

Mars One will select and train the human crew for permanent settlement. The search for Astronauts began in April 2013. More than 78,000 registered for the selection programme within two weeks of its launch.

Stichting Mars One is a Dutch non-for-profit foundation. It is the mother company of Interplanetary Media Group, a for-profit company, which enables the foundation to secure funds from its investors.

Keep in mind that this is a one way trip and they will have no way of coming back to Earth.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you think about this,post your opinions and comments and lets discuss

Link to the official site

Last edited by Nolexion; 09-28-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: Mars One Project

Thats fcked up.

Agil plz... love me Kira was Righteous's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leader of the Slave Society
    bringers of peace!

The human colonies are beginning huh i can already forsee a war raging between planets because of Mars wanting its independence.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by SanjiNL View Post
    Thats fcked up.
    I checked the roster of people applying for this,it was mostly people under 30 and I was really freaking surpised.Most people haven't even experienced much of life yet,although the lift-off will commence in 2023 so it would probably give them so time.All that time will be spent on training in the desert though.

Status
    Jun 2013
    where no man has ever dared to enter before
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

wasn't there a test nasa did where they put 5 scientists in a spaceship like complex on earth for 1.5 years to see if they can mentally handle it, and one tried to kill another and one female scientist almost got raped?

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Inactive

I'd rather stay on eee arth

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jewjitsu is so frail. u_u

Wow lol, this mars thing is getting me interested.