Status
    Jun 2013
    "There's no advantage to
    hurrying through life..."

New Jutsu Idea! Earth Style: Rasendoriru

Thank you for clicking on my thread and I hope that you like it, this is my fourth jutsu idea, I've been thinking this one through for a while, so enjoy!

This is an Earth Rasengan varient. The shinobi being used for the examples will be Jiraiya, seeing as he has an Earth-Style chakra affinity and also the mastery of Rasengan. The concept of having an Earth-Style Rasengan that kept the main concept of the Rasengan, the rotating chakra, was lost to me for a while, I had been pondering how this would be possible until it struck me, Doriru(Drill). The most popular concept I've seen, and I'm pretty sure everyone else has, is a Rasengan that you project towards the ground, that moves the ground in a way that doesn't seem solid, like causing waves, quakes, ect. But I think that my idea is very unique. It changes the swirling ball of chakra into a swirling solid mass that starts as sand or dirt but gradually changes, but I'll elaborate on that later.

Appearance

It would start as a normal Rasengan

The Rasengan would expand and retract into the users hand, gradually getting more brown/light brown, the Rasengan would separate into five sections of chakra that surround the users fingers, gaining definition and shape as specks of sand and dirt gather, surrounding the chakra. The brown chakra would come together and re-join at the palm and rise, the points an the tips of the fingers would join with the rising mass until one point is met. It would look like a cone rising out of a hand that is shaped similar to how Kakashi's hand is shaped when using the Lightning Blade. After the final point is made the chakra stops momentarily, only to begin again, much faster. It changes color slowly as it becomes translucent and eventually transparent.

Functions

The Drill would spin at an extremely high speed. This would be because of the spinning nature of the Rasengan itself. But a Rasengan doesn't just spin in one direction, but in a lot of seemingly random directions. Well RasenDoriru only spins in a clockwise motion, but once it reaches a certain point, it collapses into itself. This causes the material making up the drill to become gradually denser. As it becomes denser, causing it to shrink, material is being constantly added, to while staying a consistent size, it continues to get denser. Going from rock, to copper, to iron, ect, until it eventually turns into diamond. Once it reaches this stage it becomes even denser, although there are only two more materials on Earth that are denser/harder than diamond. The next most dense being wurtzite boron nitride and the hardest being lonsdaleite. Once the drill reaches lonsdaleite, it stops collapsing upon itself, but instead speeds up, all of the energy being previously projected towards the cause of becoming denser is redirected to the speed of the spinning. The speed increase would also increase the temperature of the drill itself, making it extremely hot and could potentially burn through a target before it actually burrows its way in.
    (The drill does not stop spinning clockwise once it begins collapsing, they are happening simutaniously)

Control

The drill could be controlled rather easily. The amount of chakra the user adds extra could speed up the spinning speed and potentailly increase the rate of density increase. It does not control the spinning itself, which does not require constantly burning fuel(Chakra) but it can speed up, and once the wanted speed is attained Jiraiya would stop fueling it and keep the speed. This means the user can increase, but not decrease the size of the jutsu. This jutsu is also very unstable and requires excellent chakra control to keep under control, the faster the drill goes, the more difficult it is to control. This means that the more skillful someone is at controlling chakra the denser the drill can potentially be.

Uses

The way I see it, this could be used a piercing and shredding technique. It could rip through things like bijuu cloaks and Susano'o. It is also something that remains constantly spinning, so unlike chidori which projects all of its force into one blow, this constantly exerts that piercing force. It could also be uses as a shield of sorts, being ridiculously dense it could probably help the user block projectiles, like fireball jutsu. The flame itself would come in contact with the drill then spin off and dissipate. Once it reaches its most dense state, it could potentially tank things like Bijuu Dama and Susano'o arrows, though attacks like Kirin would neutralize the jutsu and stop the spinning due to the lightning chakra.

Conclusion
    I hope you enjoyed my jutsu idea, I enjoy getting feedback, whether it be positive or negative, just please don't be a jerk for no reason.
    As always, thanks for reading!

Status
    Jan 2013
    ****ing high

Re: New Jutsu Idea! Earth Style: Rasendoriru

Awesome...ohnoki needs to learn rasengan

Status
    Jun 2013
    "There's no advantage to
    hurrying through life..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fair Warning View Post
    Awesome...ohnoki needs to learn rasengan
    Thanks bro! I agree, it would be really funny to see him using such a close quarters attack

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2013
    This user has no status.

Pretty cool idea

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user has no status.

great idea... but who has the time to learn that when theres a war...

Status
    Feb 2013
    Passed my chunnin exams! I
    want to become the greatest
    (Ho)Kage! That is my Dream! XD

Another rasengan variant? no thank you.

Status
    Apr 2011
    うずまき 長門

how about a jinton rasengan

Status
    Apr 2013
    Thanks to Six Paths for the
    ava! ^^

Kakashi could even learn this since he can use Rasengan and uses Doton. Your descriptions are really great! I think this would be an awesome jutsu.

Banned
    Status
    Sep 2012
    PEACE!

I like this theory.

Now for a Rasengan with Lightning Release added to it.

Konoha's Orange Hokage RasenToad's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2012
    Conserving energy e_e

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    I like this theory.

Chidori.#10char

Sarcasm Master Guntherockproject's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2013
    "War does not determine
    who is right. It determines
    who is left."

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
    I like this theory.