Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3

Mihawk vs Shanks

Who takes it?

Shanks is like the master of haki as it was evident through his confrontation with WB & stopping Akainu's magma attack.

Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsman who posses one of the world's greatest swords.

I say Shanks high-diff.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing gives one person so
    much advantage over another as
    to remain always cool and
    unruffled under all
    circumstances.

Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

Mihawk High Dif

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Step into the mind of Logic.

Shanks High diff I think a haki enforced sword can compete with the worlds strongest sword especially if it a master haki user like shanks ^_>^

Banned
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies and gentlemen, welcome!
    To the greatest show on Earth.

Shanks because I feel like there's more too him than just being a swordsman. High diff of course.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Momma San View Post
    Who takes it?

Shanks is like the master of haki as it was evident through his confrontation with WB & stopping Akainu's magma attack.

Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsman who posses one of the world's greatest swords.

I say Shanks high-diff.
    Implying top tiers aren't haki masters? That haki is not a supplement? Mihawk is stronger from what we've seen so far. He wins high difficulty.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yonkou and shichibakui

Think of it like this <-----Although Mihawk diffs in power comparison

Kaido vs Moria

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's awesome how the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda

Shanks extreme difficulty

Shanks is the no. 1 rolemodel of Luffy and Mihawk of Zoro in some way that is what Luffy and Zoro need to surpass for their dreams to come true

altough it might be a stupid reason but I do in a way think that the gap between Shanks and Mihawk is somewhat similar to the gap between Luffy and Zoro

also the general feeling I got throughout the manga is that Shanks should be stronger

all pure speculation ofc since there is no manga content yet

though technically Luffy wants to be the PK but the one he made a promise to is Shanks ... and don't forget the hat

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post

Shanks is the no. 1 rolemodel of Luffy and Mihawk of Zoro in some way that is what Luffy and Zoro need to surpass for their dreams to come true

altough it might be a stupid reason but I do in a way think that the gap between Shanks and Mihawk is somewhat similar to the gap between Luffy and Zoro

also the general feeling I got throughout the manga is that Shanks should be stronger

though technically Luffy wants to be the PK but the one he made a promise to is Shanks ... and don't forget the hat
    That's not stupid actually... I kinda agree with that analogy.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    ashura <3

Shanks, that's why he's a Yonko not a Shichibukai.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by David1996 View Post
    Hey don't underestimate that fact, plus Shanks has no intention for working under the government.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jewjitsu is so frail. u_u

I think Shanks got this high diff lol. His haki is too much and he got that hype

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's say you have some meat,
    okay? Now, a pirate would chow
    down on that bad boy, but a
    hero would share it with
    everyone!! I want to eat
    meat!! - Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post

That's cute and all, but Roger and Mihawk are what Luffy and Zoro are aiming for. So, in that case Roger>Mihawk is very true. I agree that throughout the manga I got the feeling Shanks is stronger, but if we go by what we currently have that can't be said.

Mihawk wins after a tough battle

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    egg

Albeit I also think Shanks is the pinnacle Haki user, that feat proves nothing. Since there's just no way Akainu gave it his all to punch Coby. Meaning Shanks just stopped a magma fist.

Quote Originally Posted by David1996 View Post
    Huh? The Hell does this have to do with anything? Lel, if Shanks didn't have a crew nor territory, he'd be a Warlord. Why? Because in order to be an Emperor, one needs to be strong, have a strong crew, and have lots of islands under their name. And does Mihawk have a crew? No. Does he have multiple islands? No. Hence he's a Warlord.

Furthermore, Mihawk is someone who just wants to chill on his own, and doesn't like people annoying him or getting in his way - as evident when he met Krieg Pirates on their first trip to the GL. So this means he doesn't want to be interrupted by Marines, hence he's a Warlord; so the Marines won't keep trying to capture him.

Moreover, the Emperor's are those who equally control the NW, and they are the ones whom are closest to attaining OP. And does Mihawk give a shit about the treasure? No. He's content with his title of WSS.

So please, don't post retarded shit.

OT: Shanks takes it XHigh DIFF and suffers deep & severe wounds.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many things in this
    world which we don't want to
    see. Being blind has no
    drawbacks

Why bring this up again? I already defeated you in a debate about this before.
    Mihawk EXTREME diff.
    If Shanks had two arms it would go the other way

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    Why bring this up again? I already defeated you in a debate about this before.
    Mihawk EXTREME diff.
    If Shanks had two arms it would go the other way
    No you didn't, you just reiterated the fact he's the WSS and that Shanks is a swordsmen.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    see. Being blind has no
    drawbacks

No you didn't, you just reiterated the fact he's the WSS and that Shanks is a swordsmen.
    Exactly.
    And also my finish line which was followed up by you viewing the thread for 40 minutes with no response before the thread was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki
    Yep. Surpassing Shanks won't grant him the title.[In reference to Zoro needing to surpass Mihawk and not Shanks]
    GG by the way

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise The Sun!

Shanks high/extreme diff

Like someone said before Mihawk is to Shanks what Zoro is to Luffy

It just makes sense from a logical standpoint.Shanks is the top,Mihawk is the barrier you must brake to reach the top.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    see. Being blind has no
    drawbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Rëaper View Post
    Shanks high/extreme diff

It just makes sense from a logical standpoint.Shanks is the top,Mihawk is the barrier you must brake to reach the top.
    Pretty sure strongest is above strong. So Mihawk > Shanks

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise The Sun!

Pretty sure strongest is above strong. So Mihawk > Shanks
    Honestly you wont get a good debate out of me,I am not good at gathering facts nor am I too into the whole argue my point thing.To me Shanks is more then a swordsman,the sword is his weapon but its not his only way of attacking.Roger used a sword too but he wasnt the worlds strongest swordsman,yet there is no doubt Mihawk is weaker then him.Mihawk is the strongest swordsman,Shanks is the strongest pirate at this time (without seeing the progress of some other big names like BlackBeard)

Thats all I rly got on the subject,I cant offer anything better but until Oda shows that Shanks is nothing more then a swordsman he will be the top and Mihawk will be the barrier to me.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    see. Being blind has no
    drawbacks

Honestly you wont get a good debate out of me,I am not good at gathering facts nor am I too into the whole argue my point thing.To me Shanks is more then a swordsman,the sword is his weapon but its not his only way of attacking.Roger used a sword too but he wasnt the worlds strongest swordsman
    When one can use Haki they can fight barehanded. How do you know Roger wasn't the strongest? How do you know Shanks doesn''t use a sword as his primary weapon? Anybody who uses a sword is a swordsman.

yet there is no doubt Mihawk is weaker then him.Mihawk is the strongest swordsman,Shanks is the strongest pirate at this time (without seeing the progress of some other big names like BlackBeard)
    That's just your opinion. I think that Mihawk is the strongest Pirate and second strongest living character.

Thats all I rly got on the subject,I cant offer anything better but until Oda shows that Shanks is nothing more then a swordsman he will be the top and Mihawk will be the barrier to me.
    If Mihawk has the title of worlds strongest swordsman (Shanks is considered a swordsman) then Shanks is within the equation.

Why does Zoro have to surpass Mihawk to become the worlds strongest swordsman when Shanks is a swordsman? Because Mihawk>Shanks. It seems a lot of people forget Shanks lost an arm. He's at a handycap : if he had two he would beat Mihawk.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise The Sun!

When one can use Haki they can fight barehanded. How do you know Roger wasn't the strongest? How do you know Shanks doesn''t use a sword as his primary weapon? Anybody who uses a sword is a swordsman.

That's just your opinion. I think that Mihawk is the strongest Pirate and second strongest living character.

If Mihawk has the title of worlds strongest swordsman (Shanks is considered a swordsman) then Shanks is within the equation.

Why does Zoro have to surpass Mihawk to become the worlds strongest swordsman when Shanks is a swordsman? Because Mihawk>Shanks. It seems a lot of people forget Shanks lost an arm. He's at a handycap : if he had two he would beat Mihawk.
    But we dont know his fighting style,you just guess that he only uses his sword like I just guess Roger wasnt the strongest.We dont know how much Shank losing his arm hurt his overall power and fighting style.

It doesnt rly matter,these are all just theories and neither can be proven just yet.I dont rly care too much either way as both are awesome.But in the end I will still stick to the Mihawk to Shanks what Zoro to Luffy thing.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

But we dont know his fighting style,you just guess that he only uses his sword like I just guess Roger wasnt the strongest.We dont know how much Shank losing his arm hurt his overall power and fighting style.

It doesnt rly matter,these are all just theories and neither can be proven just yet.I dont rly care too much either way as both are awesome.But in the end I will still stick to the Mihawk to Shanks what Zoro to Luffy thing.
    I agree with this^^

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3

Exactly.
    And also my finish line which was followed up by you viewing the thread for 40 minutes with no response before the thread was deleted.

GG by the way
    What? lol

I'd admit the match up between Mihawk vs Shanks isn't that great since we haven't seen Shanks do much. However with the little things that Shanks has done makes me believe that he's stronger than Mihawk. For example you said Mihawk is a haki master or something along those lines on the deleted thread but there is no proof behind that. You just assumed that cause he's the WSS, that means nothing from a haki POV. Whereas Shanks has shown better uses of King's haki than anyone.

This is the first time were we actually seen King's haki destroying the surrounding environment.

Shanks and WB clashing caused the sky to split. It's not confirmed why but it may be clash between Haki. So that being said, Shank's haki was able to clash with WB's haki. WB was considered the WSM alive according to Sengoku but that of course was fail at that time. So from your logic then Shanks would be able to clash/beat Mihawk's haki. It's obvious that WB could take down Mihawk if it was 1v1.

I can't see how you think Mihawk has a better haki because of some title? You're just assuming with the fact that he's WSS that he's also a haki master. Luffy's rival must exceed Zoro's rival, so therefore Shanks > Mihawk.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's say you have some meat,
    okay? Now, a pirate would chow
    down on that bad boy, but a
    hero would share it with
    everyone!! I want to eat
    meat!! - Luffy

Shanks high/extreme diff

Shanks and Mihawk are at the top. I don't know where you got Mihawk is the barrer you need you break to reach the top.

Honestly you wont get a good debate out of me,I am not good at gathering facts nor am I too into the whole argue my point thing.To me Shanks is more then a swordsman,the sword is his weapon but its not his only way of attacking.Roger used a sword too but he wasnt the worlds strongest swordsman,yet there is no doubt Mihawk is weaker then him.Mihawk is the strongest swordsman,Shanks is the strongest pirate at this time (without seeing the progress of some other big names like BlackBeard)

We don't know if Mihawk was the strongest swordsman back when Roger was alive. It is highly highly unlikely he was because at that time Shanks was around 14 and Mihawk was 18 and they used to have many duels. Shanks could be the strongest pirate at the moment, but we have no way of knowing that from the information we have so far because he's only shown to be swordsman and we should go by what we know.

What? lol

I'd admit the match up between Mihawk vs Shanks isn't that great since we haven't seen Shanks do much. However with the little things that Shanks has done makes me believe that he's stronger than Mihawk. For example you said Mihawk is a haki master or something along those lines on the deleted thread but there is no proof behind that. You just assumed that cause he's the WSS, that means nothing from a haki POV. Whereas Shanks has shown better uses of King's haki than anyone.

This is the first time were we actually seen King's haki destroying the surrounding environment.

Shanks and WB clashing caused the sky to split. It's not confirmed why but it may be clash between Haki. So that being said, Shank's haki was able to clash with WB's haki. WB was considered the WSM alive according to Sengoku but that of course was fail at that time. So from your logic then Shanks would be able to clash/beat Mihawk's haki. It's obvious that WB could take down Mihawk if it was 1v1.

I can't see how you think Mihawk has a better haki because of some title? You're just assuming with the fact that he's WSS that he's also a haki master. Luffy's rival must exceed Zoro's rival, so therefore Shanks > Mihawk.
    I don't understand what these panels are supposed to prove. Who cares if Shanks has better haki? Who cares if Mihawk has better haki? It doesn't matter because haki is just one of many things part of swordsmanship, just like any other fighting style. Being one of the strongest people means you have a good haki, no exceptions. Mihawk doesn't have the title of the strongest swordsman because he has the best sword.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Hijey View Post
    I don't understand what these panels are supposed to prove. Who cares if Shanks has better haki? Who cares if Mihawk has better haki? It doesn't matter because haki is just one of many things part of swordsmanship, just like any other fighting style. Being one of the strongest people means you have a good haki, no exceptions. Mihawk doesn't have the title of the strongest swordsman because he has the best sword.
    If you actually read my post, it's pretty clear on what those panels were suppose to prove. They're suppose to prove that Shanks has better haki than Mihawk. I'm not saying that Mihawk has terrible haki so don't get it twisted. All I'm saying is that Shanks would win on high/extreme-diff. with Mihawk just cause he has the upper edge when it comes to haki. I just wanted to tell Rinnemaki that he shouldn't assume Mihawk's haki is better than Shank's just cause he's the WSS.

Again all of these are speculations so don't get too butt-hurt. I just made this thread in response to Rinnemaki's deleted thread, where he made several statements and ofc he concluded Mihawk>Shanks.

Last edited by Yo Momma San; 10-03-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»