Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 34
  1. #1
    Senior Member Yo Momma San's Avatar
    Status
    Yo Momma San is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    East Blue
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3
     

    Mihawk vs Shanks

    Who takes it?

    Shanks is like the master of haki as it was evident through his confrontation with WB & stopping Akainu's magma attack.

    Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsman who posses one of the world's greatest swords.


    I say Shanks high-diff.
     
         

  2. #2
    Lazy Genius iHateFanBoys's Avatar
    Status
    iHateFanBoys is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Cloud 9
    Posts
    2,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing gives one person so
    much advantage over another as
    to remain always cool and
    unruffled under all
    circumstances.
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Mihawk High Dif
     
         

  3. #3
    Beginner GFXer Normal fanboy's Avatar
    Status
    Normal fanboy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    SAO
    Posts
    619
    Post Thanks / Like
    Step into the mind of Logic.
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Shanks High diff I think a haki enforced sword can compete with the worlds strongest sword especially if it a master haki user like shanks ^_>^
     
         

  4. #4
    Banned
    Status
    Kami sama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    (─‿‿─)
    Posts
    9,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ladies and gentlemen, welcome!
    To the greatest show on Earth.
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Shanks because I feel like there's more too him than just being a swordsman. High diff of course.
     
         

  5. #5
    Admiral Fujitora's Avatar
    Status
    Fujitora is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Yo Momma San View Post
    Who takes it?

    Shanks is like the master of haki as it was evident through his confrontation with WB & stopping Akainu's magma attack.

    Mihawk is the world's strongest swordsman who posses one of the world's greatest swords.


    I say Shanks high-diff.
    Implying top tiers aren't haki masters? That haki is not a supplement? Mihawk is stronger from what we've seen so far. He wins high difficulty.
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member VariaBossX's Avatar
    Status
    VariaBossX is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8,828
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    yonkou and shichibakui

    Think of it like this <-----Although Mihawk diffs in power comparison

    Kaido vs Moria
     
         

  7. #7
    Revolutionary Sabo Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    7,472
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's awesome how the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Shanks extreme difficulty

    Shanks is the no. 1 rolemodel of Luffy and Mihawk of Zoro in some way that is what Luffy and Zoro need to surpass for their dreams to come true

    altough it might be a stupid reason but I do in a way think that the gap between Shanks and Mihawk is somewhat similar to the gap between Luffy and Zoro

    also the general feeling I got throughout the manga is that Shanks should be stronger

    all pure speculation ofc since there is no manga content yet

    though technically Luffy wants to be the PK but the one he made a promise to is Shanks ... and don't forget the hat
     
         

  8. #8
    Senior Member Yo Momma San's Avatar
    Status
    Yo Momma San is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    East Blue
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    Shanks extreme difficulty

    Shanks is the no. 1 rolemodel of Luffy and Mihawk of Zoro in some way that is what Luffy and Zoro need to surpass for their dreams to come true

    altough it might be a stupid reason but I do in a way think that the gap between Shanks and Mihawk is somewhat similar to the gap between Luffy and Zoro

    also the general feeling I got throughout the manga is that Shanks should be stronger

    all pure speculation ofc since there is no manga content yet

    though technically Luffy wants to be the PK but the one he made a promise to is Shanks ... and don't forget the hat
    That's not stupid actually... I kinda agree with that analogy.
     
         

  9. #9
    SG8 David1996's Avatar
    Status
    David1996 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,652
    Post Thanks / Like
    ashura <3
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Shanks, that's why he's a Yonko not a Shichibukai.
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Yo Momma San's Avatar
    Status
    Yo Momma San is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    East Blue
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by David1996 View Post
    Shanks, that's why he's a Yonko not a Shichibukai.
    Hey don't underestimate that fact, plus Shanks has no intention for working under the government.
     
         

  11. #11
    戦闘機 Nebula's Avatar
    Status
    Nebula is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    17,444
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jewjitsu is so frail. u_u
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    I think Shanks got this high diff lol. His haki is too much and he got that hype
     
         

  12. #12
    Sky Demon Hijey's Avatar
    Status
    Hijey is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's say you have some meat,
    okay? Now, a pirate would chow
    down on that bad boy, but a
    hero would share it with
    everyone!! I want to eat
    meat!! - Luffy
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    Shanks extreme difficulty

    Shanks is the no. 1 rolemodel of Luffy and Mihawk of Zoro in some way that is what Luffy and Zoro need to surpass for their dreams to come true

    altough it might be a stupid reason but I do in a way think that the gap between Shanks and Mihawk is somewhat similar to the gap between Luffy and Zoro

    also the general feeling I got throughout the manga is that Shanks should be stronger

    all pure speculation ofc since there is no manga content yet

    though technically Luffy wants to be the PK but the one he made a promise to is Shanks ... and don't forget the hat
    That's cute and all, but Roger and Mihawk are what Luffy and Zoro are aiming for. So, in that case Roger>Mihawk is very true. I agree that throughout the manga I got the feeling Shanks is stronger, but if we go by what we currently have that can't be said.

    Mihawk wins after a tough battle
     
         

  13. #13
    oath ziggyZ's Avatar
    Status
    ziggyZ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    back of your mind
    Posts
    7,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    egg
     



    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Yo Momma San View Post
    Shanks is like the master of haki as it was evident through his confrontation with WB & stopping Akainu's magma attack.
    Albeit I also think Shanks is the pinnacle Haki user, that feat proves nothing. Since there's just no way Akainu gave it his all to punch Coby. Meaning Shanks just stopped a magma fist.

    Quote Originally Posted by David1996 View Post
    Shanks, that's why he's a Yonko not a Shichibukai.
    Huh? The Hell does this have to do with anything? Lel, if Shanks didn't have a crew nor territory, he'd be a Warlord. Why? Because in order to be an Emperor, one needs to be strong, have a strong crew, and have lots of islands under their name. And does Mihawk have a crew? No. Does he have multiple islands? No. Hence he's a Warlord.

    Furthermore, Mihawk is someone who just wants to chill on his own, and doesn't like people annoying him or getting in his way - as evident when he met Krieg Pirates on their first trip to the GL. So this means he doesn't want to be interrupted by Marines, hence he's a Warlord; so the Marines won't keep trying to capture him.

    Moreover, the Emperor's are those who equally control the NW, and they are the ones whom are closest to attaining OP. And does Mihawk give a shit about the treasure? No. He's content with his title of WSS.

    So please, don't post retarded shit.






    OT: Shanks takes it XHigh DIFF and suffers deep & severe wounds.
     
         

  14. #14
    Whisteria Tiger rinnemaki's Avatar
    Status
    rinnemaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    8,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many things in this
    world which we don't want to
    see. Being blind has no
    drawbacks
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Why bring this up again? I already defeated you in a debate about this before.
    Mihawk EXTREME diff.
    If Shanks had two arms it would go the other way
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member Yo Momma San's Avatar
    Status
    Yo Momma San is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    East Blue
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    Why bring this up again? I already defeated you in a debate about this before.
    Mihawk EXTREME diff.
    If Shanks had two arms it would go the other way
    No you didn't, you just reiterated the fact he's the WSS and that Shanks is a swordsmen.
     
         

  16. #16
    Whisteria Tiger rinnemaki's Avatar
    Status
    rinnemaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    8,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many things in this
    world which we don't want to
    see. Being blind has no
    drawbacks
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Yo Momma San View Post
    No you didn't, you just reiterated the fact he's the WSS and that Shanks is a swordsmen.
    Exactly.
    And also my finish line which was followed up by you viewing the thread for 40 minutes with no response before the thread was deleted.

    Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki
    Yep. Surpassing Shanks won't grant him the title.[In reference to Zoro needing to surpass Mihawk and not Shanks]
    GG by the way
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member Rëaper's Avatar
    Status
    Rëaper is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shaman Kingdom
    Posts
    8,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise The Sun!
     



    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Shanks high/extreme diff

    Like someone said before Mihawk is to Shanks what Zoro is to Luffy

    It just makes sense from a logical standpoint.Shanks is the top,Mihawk is the barrier you must brake to reach the top.
     
         

  18. #18
    Whisteria Tiger rinnemaki's Avatar
    Status
    rinnemaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    8,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many things in this
    world which we don't want to
    see. Being blind has no
    drawbacks
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Rëaper View Post
    Shanks high/extreme diff

    Like someone said before Mihawk is to Shanks what Zoro is to Luffy

    It just makes sense from a logical standpoint.Shanks is the top,Mihawk is the barrier you must brake to reach the top.
    Pretty sure strongest is above strong. So Mihawk > Shanks
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member Rëaper's Avatar
    Status
    Rëaper is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shaman Kingdom
    Posts
    8,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise The Sun!
     



    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    Pretty sure strongest is above strong. So Mihawk > Shanks
    Honestly you wont get a good debate out of me,I am not good at gathering facts nor am I too into the whole argue my point thing.To me Shanks is more then a swordsman,the sword is his weapon but its not his only way of attacking.Roger used a sword too but he wasnt the worlds strongest swordsman,yet there is no doubt Mihawk is weaker then him.Mihawk is the strongest swordsman,Shanks is the strongest pirate at this time (without seeing the progress of some other big names like BlackBeard)

    Thats all I rly got on the subject,I cant offer anything better but until Oda shows that Shanks is nothing more then a swordsman he will be the top and Mihawk will be the barrier to me.
     
         

  20. #20
    Whisteria Tiger rinnemaki's Avatar
    Status
    rinnemaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    8,972
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are many things in this
    world which we don't want to
    see. Being blind has no
    drawbacks
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Rëaper View Post
    Honestly you wont get a good debate out of me,I am not good at gathering facts nor am I too into the whole argue my point thing.To me Shanks is more then a swordsman,the sword is his weapon but its not his only way of attacking.Roger used a sword too but he wasnt the worlds strongest swordsman
    When one can use Haki they can fight barehanded. How do you know Roger wasn't the strongest? How do you know Shanks doesn''t use a sword as his primary weapon? Anybody who uses a sword is a swordsman.

    yet there is no doubt Mihawk is weaker then him.Mihawk is the strongest swordsman,Shanks is the strongest pirate at this time (without seeing the progress of some other big names like BlackBeard)
    That's just your opinion. I think that Mihawk is the strongest Pirate and second strongest living character.

    Thats all I rly got on the subject,I cant offer anything better but until Oda shows that Shanks is nothing more then a swordsman he will be the top and Mihawk will be the barrier to me.
    If Mihawk has the title of worlds strongest swordsman (Shanks is considered a swordsman) then Shanks is within the equation.

    Why does Zoro have to surpass Mihawk to become the worlds strongest swordsman when Shanks is a swordsman? Because Mihawk>Shanks. It seems a lot of people forget Shanks lost an arm. He's at a handycap : if he had two he would beat Mihawk.
     
         

  21. #21
    Senior Member Rëaper's Avatar
    Status
    Rëaper is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Shaman Kingdom
    Posts
    8,337
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise The Sun!
     



    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    When one can use Haki they can fight barehanded. How do you know Roger wasn't the strongest? How do you know Shanks doesn''t use a sword as his primary weapon? Anybody who uses a sword is a swordsman.


    That's just your opinion. I think that Mihawk is the strongest Pirate and second strongest living character.

    If Mihawk has the title of worlds strongest swordsman (Shanks is considered a swordsman) then Shanks is within the equation.

    Why does Zoro have to surpass Mihawk to become the worlds strongest swordsman when Shanks is a swordsman? Because Mihawk>Shanks. It seems a lot of people forget Shanks lost an arm. He's at a handycap : if he had two he would beat Mihawk.
    But we dont know his fighting style,you just guess that he only uses his sword like I just guess Roger wasnt the strongest.We dont know how much Shank losing his arm hurt his overall power and fighting style.

    It doesnt rly matter,these are all just theories and neither can be proven just yet.I dont rly care too much either way as both are awesome.But in the end I will still stick to the Mihawk to Shanks what Zoro to Luffy thing.
     
         

  22. #22
    Member Kuzan's Avatar
    Status
    Kuzan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    770
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Rëaper View Post
    But we dont know his fighting style,you just guess that he only uses his sword like I just guess Roger wasnt the strongest.We dont know how much Shank losing his arm hurt his overall power and fighting style.

    It doesnt rly matter,these are all just theories and neither can be proven just yet.I dont rly care too much either way as both are awesome.But in the end I will still stick to the Mihawk to Shanks what Zoro to Luffy thing.
    I agree with this^^
     
         

  23. #23
    Senior Member Yo Momma San's Avatar
    Status
    Yo Momma San is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    East Blue
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    Exactly.
    And also my finish line which was followed up by you viewing the thread for 40 minutes with no response before the thread was deleted.


    GG by the way
    What? lol

    I'd admit the match up between Mihawk vs Shanks isn't that great since we haven't seen Shanks do much. However with the little things that Shanks has done makes me believe that he's stronger than Mihawk. For example you said Mihawk is a haki master or something along those lines on the deleted thread but there is no proof behind that. You just assumed that cause he's the WSS, that means nothing from a haki POV. Whereas Shanks has shown better uses of King's haki than anyone.

    This is the first time were we actually seen King's haki destroying the surrounding environment.



    Shanks and WB clashing caused the sky to split. It's not confirmed why but it may be clash between Haki. So that being said, Shank's haki was able to clash with WB's haki. WB was considered the WSM alive according to Sengoku but that of course was fail at that time. So from your logic then Shanks would be able to clash/beat Mihawk's haki. It's obvious that WB could take down Mihawk if it was 1v1.





    I can't see how you think Mihawk has a better haki because of some title? You're just assuming with the fact that he's WSS that he's also a haki master. Luffy's rival must exceed Zoro's rival, so therefore Shanks > Mihawk.
     
         

  24. #24
    Sky Demon Hijey's Avatar
    Status
    Hijey is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's say you have some meat,
    okay? Now, a pirate would chow
    down on that bad boy, but a
    hero would share it with
    everyone!! I want to eat
    meat!! - Luffy
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Rëaper View Post
    Shanks high/extreme diff

    Like someone said before Mihawk is to Shanks what Zoro is to Luffy

    It just makes sense from a logical standpoint.Shanks is the top,Mihawk is the barrier you must brake to reach the top.
    Shanks and Mihawk are at the top. I don't know where you got Mihawk is the barrer you need you break to reach the top.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rëaper View Post
    Honestly you wont get a good debate out of me,I am not good at gathering facts nor am I too into the whole argue my point thing.To me Shanks is more then a swordsman,the sword is his weapon but its not his only way of attacking.Roger used a sword too but he wasnt the worlds strongest swordsman,yet there is no doubt Mihawk is weaker then him.Mihawk is the strongest swordsman,Shanks is the strongest pirate at this time (without seeing the progress of some other big names like BlackBeard)

    Thats all I rly got on the subject,I cant offer anything better but until Oda shows that Shanks is nothing more then a swordsman he will be the top and Mihawk will be the barrier to me.
    We don't know if Mihawk was the strongest swordsman back when Roger was alive. It is highly highly unlikely he was because at that time Shanks was around 14 and Mihawk was 18 and they used to have many duels. Shanks could be the strongest pirate at the moment, but we have no way of knowing that from the information we have so far because he's only shown to be swordsman and we should go by what we know.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yo Momma San View Post
    What? lol

    I'd admit the match up between Mihawk vs Shanks isn't that great since we haven't seen Shanks do much. However with the little things that Shanks has done makes me believe that he's stronger than Mihawk. For example you said Mihawk is a haki master or something along those lines on the deleted thread but there is no proof behind that. You just assumed that cause he's the WSS, that means nothing from a haki POV. Whereas Shanks has shown better uses of King's haki than anyone.

    This is the first time were we actually seen King's haki destroying the surrounding environment.



    Shanks and WB clashing caused the sky to split. It's not confirmed why but it may be clash between Haki. So that being said, Shank's haki was able to clash with WB's haki. WB was considered the WSM alive according to Sengoku but that of course was fail at that time. So from your logic then Shanks would be able to clash/beat Mihawk's haki. It's obvious that WB could take down Mihawk if it was 1v1.





    I can't see how you think Mihawk has a better haki because of some title? You're just assuming with the fact that he's WSS that he's also a haki master. Luffy's rival must exceed Zoro's rival, so therefore Shanks > Mihawk.
    I don't understand what these panels are supposed to prove. Who cares if Shanks has better haki? Who cares if Mihawk has better haki? It doesn't matter because haki is just one of many things part of swordsmanship, just like any other fighting style. Being one of the strongest people means you have a good haki, no exceptions. Mihawk doesn't have the title of the strongest swordsman because he has the best sword.
     
         

  25. #25
    Senior Member Yo Momma San's Avatar
    Status
    Yo Momma San is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    East Blue
    Posts
    7,877
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nami-swan, Robin~chwan &
    Hancock <3 <3 <3
    <3 <3
     

    Re: Mihawk vs Shanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Hijey View Post
    I don't understand what these panels are supposed to prove. Who cares if Shanks has better haki? Who cares if Mihawk has better haki? It doesn't matter because haki is just one of many things part of swordsmanship, just like any other fighting style. Being one of the strongest people means you have a good haki, no exceptions. Mihawk doesn't have the title of the strongest swordsman because he has the best sword.
    If you actually read my post, it's pretty clear on what those panels were suppose to prove. They're suppose to prove that Shanks has better haki than Mihawk. I'm not saying that Mihawk has terrible haki so don't get it twisted. All I'm saying is that Shanks would win on high/extreme-diff. with Mihawk just cause he has the upper edge when it comes to haki. I just wanted to tell Rinnemaki that he shouldn't assume Mihawk's haki is better than Shank's just cause he's the WSS.

    Again all of these are speculations so don't get too butt-hurt. I just made this thread in response to Rinnemaki's deleted thread, where he made several statements and ofc he concluded Mihawk>Shanks.
     
         
    Last edited by Yo Momma San; 10-03-2013 at 08:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •