Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    If my mere presence is in a
    thread = game over

SNK is a terrible anime

It's utterly the same thing as SAO, the anime is not good.

It's cliche, it rips off of several series

Plotlines are forced into far too fast: Story began and "took off" the first episode. This is the main problem with the anime of today, especially shounen. Nearly no explanations for anything, just "WHOA EPIC SHIFTS" and "EPIC BATTLES" to keep the casual watcher entertained enough to fanboy. Nothing is necessarily "clear", random plot-twists out of nowhere and with the atmosphere it gives off, generic villains.

Very cliche main character, terrible supports: Main characters personality is an average joe, supports are nothing more. No one was a unique personality in even the slightest. It's like you are watching/reading a series called Bland, amirite? Not even eren's random temper gives him a personality. And you can't change a character that hasn't been even remotely developed yet, as the SNK "writers" think so. Eren's power up was the most cliche, predictable thing I have ever witnessed.

Predictable story: Comes off as a typical shounen. Eren's mom was killed by a titan, he wants to kill titans, joins military force he looked up to, deuteragonist follows along with him and so does the supporting character, emotions are had, training begins, emotions emotions, more characters are met, etc. No redeeming qualities about the story. It's not unique, it's not interesting, it has all been done before.

Terrible fanbase: Probably the worst thing about this series. The Fanbase is full of wankers who think it is a masterpiece and the best anime ever made, and that it is so deep and strong, they are absolutely delusional and do not actually evaluate the series. Anyone who doesn't like it doesn't know what "true anime" is in their eyes, as I have heard by such wankers of the series before.

Usually it's just got into by new-comers to anime, or those who have only seen generic Shounen like Bleach, Naruto, Death Note, etc. It's NOT good.

Yellow Flash of the Leaf Blitz3d's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    What right does a ghost of the
    past have to interact with the
    people of the present?

Re: SNK is a terrible anime

Um.... Whats SNK?

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    people of the present?

Oh! Shingeki no kyoujin?

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda

it's Shingeki No Kyojin

OT: it's by far the most overrated manga/anime atm and yes you are right it is terrible cliche right at it's main concept but it's fun and intriguing to watch/read, but you are right it's not nearly as good as ppl have been saying it is (since the anime started)

Last edited by Algalon; 10-02-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your arms are just too short
    to box with God.

1. Really? You predicted Eren would become a Titan? Riiight, and the moon is my left testicle.

2. What you put for predictable story is literally the simplest basis for EVERY shounen story ever. I suppose then every shounen is terrible with a predictable cliche story as well?

3. Well, there's YOU who say it's terrible. Then, there's the thousands, possibly millions of us who say it's good. I dunno, tough to decided who's right. Is it the best thing ever? No, but it's not terrible either. The anime entertains greatly, and that's why we like it.

Last edited by Riker Slade; 10-02-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You're a terrible anime and Kingdom Hearts is overrated.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sage of the 2 Elements

If that's your opinion, then cool.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

you don't have to watch it.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    people of the present?

Quote Originally Posted by OrochimaruFan View Post
    Hey hey, you can diss the OP, just not Kingdom Hearts ~~~

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    thread = game over

Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    it's Shingeki No Kyojin

OT: it's by far the most overrated manga/anime atm and yes you are right it is terrible cliche right at it's main concept but it's fun and intriguing to watch/read, but you are right it's not nearly as good as ppl have been saying it is (since the anime started)
    You, sir, have something called a brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    1. Really? You predicted Eren would become a Titan? Riiight, and the moon is my left testicle.

2. What you put for predictable story is literally the simplest basis for EVERY story ever.

3. Well, there's YOU who say it's terrible. Then, there's the thousands, possibly millions of us who say it's good. I dunno, tough to decided who's right. Is it the best thing ever? No, but it's not terrible either. The anime entertains greatly, and that's why we like it.
    1. Yeah, not only that anyone who has the first bit of knowledge on how Shounen work can. It was very predictable. And inferences are free, LMAO!
    2. No it's not, there are so much stories that are so tremendously better it's not even funny. It's not the basis for all stories in even the slightest. Development is not instant, it takes time. The root word is develop.
    3. , millions. There is nothing that popular outside of Japan other than Code Geass, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note and the latter, especially with the fact it just went off in popularity.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrochimaruFan View Post
    Good argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Mangekyo Byakugan View Post

If that's your opinion, then cool.
    A competent fanboy, but you have already admitted inferiority.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devouring everything and
    everyone

Personally, my favorite anime series that had been purely nonsensical, had been that of Bobobo :3

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

2. What you put for predictable story is literally the simplest basis for EVERY shounen story ever. I suppose then every shounen is terrible with a predictable cliche story as well?

I agree with this.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

Who gives a ****... when Code Geass still beats the shit of every other anime/manga.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    to box with God.

Quote Originally Posted by xxSasukEkUnxX View Post
    1. Yeah, not only that anyone who has the first bit of knowledge on how Shounen work can. It was very predictable. And inferences are free, LMAO!
    2. No it's not, there are so much stories that are so tremendously better it's not even funny. It's not the basis for all stories in even the slightest. Development is not instant, it takes time. The root word is develop.
    3. , millions. There is nothing that popular outside of Japan other than Code Geass, Naruto, Bleach, Death Note and the latter, especially with the fact it just went off in popularity.
    1. There's no way in hell you predicted Eren would become a Titan. You're just sucking yourself right now.

2. Almost every Shonen has a character with some kind of tragic past, doing something they looked up to as they got older, had other characters for support, trained to get better, and have fodder, generic villains in the beginning and then they get more complex at time goes on. I assume you haven't caught up to SNK, and SNK is just starting, you have no right to really say it's a terrible anime, we haven't scratched the surface yet.

3. And One Piece. Anyway, the point is, there's you who says it sucks and there's so many of us who think it's good. Put 2 and 2 together

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    thread = game over

Quote Originally Posted by Jusanbi View Post
    Personally, my favorite anime series that had been purely nonsensical, had been that of Bobobo :3
    Because that was it's clique, to make no sense whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphîm View Post
    Who gives a ****... when Code Geass still beats the shit of every other anime/manga.
    Saying this means you have seen few; though it is up there.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Devouring everything and
    everyone

Because that was it's clique, to make no sense whatsoever.

Saying this means you have seen few; though it is up there.
    I am well aware, I simply carry no desire to fuel the argument currently engaged amongst many, as I am able to regard there are plenty of shows, animes, games, etc in which I found to be entirely predictable or bear predictable scenes, in the very least I had been able to predict events, themes, etc. These including Kingdom Hearts, Dexter[Showtime series], Pokemon, Naruto, Zatchbell, DBZ, and many others.

Get up, Survive, Go bed. Lonely Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lucid dream everynight,
    almost like its another
    world.. my very own world.

I believe you exaggerating a bit there man.

''Very predictable'' do you know what that means?

The show is amazing/'entertaining/clever and keeps me wanting more.

Its not average, important guys are dying, isn't that what everyone wants in narutos war?
    Its different and if anything can be related to better than most.

Now stop the sarcy comments '' how can you relate because I don't need to explain that unless your a moron''

If you don't like it, don't watch it.
    If you don't like people saying its good then LOL
    Go complain and join a snk hater group or something. Jeez.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    thread = game over

1. There's no way in hell you predicted Eren would become a Titan. You're just sucking yourself right now.

2. Almost every Shonen has a character with some kind of tragic past, doing something they looked up to as they got older, had other characters for support, trained to get better, and have fodder, generic villains in the beginning and then they get more complex at time goes on. I assume you haven't caught up to SNK, and SNK is just starting, you have no right to really say it's a terrible anime, we haven't scratched the surface yet.

3. And One Piece. Anyway, the point is, there's you who says it sucks and there's so many of us who think it's good. Put 2 and 2 together
    Yes, I and many others predicted it. You hate something/have a connection to it in a shounen, you become just that, it's a cycle. Ichigo can see souls, becomes a god of death. One of the most prominent examples.

That's why shounen are so mediocre, especially this one. Tragic Pasts mean the character is messed up emotionally on the inside. You cannot have a stabilized character that way, I don't know how this is not seen by an entire Studio of writers.

Fodder Generic Villains? , if someone gets killed in SNK that happens to be a villain they will never be seen again! ROFLMFAO! If a titan in the future is killed, can you say that they are signifigant enough for more mentions in further arcs?

I say it sucks with reason, you say such with bias statements because of personal beliefs. And a fandom does not make anything good. If killing had a fandom, would it be good? ROFL!

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

its alright I guess to much gore for my taste but read because I want to know the secret behind the titans I want to know were they came from but im guessing their man made, its also not the best but as many other users have said it entertains ppl I don't watch the anime just read the manga personally I don't really care if its a cliché or not.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    thread = game over

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely Uchiha View Post
    I believe you exaggerating a bit there man.

''Very predictable'' do you know what that means?

The show is amazing/'entertaining/clever and keeps me wanting more.

Its not average, important guys are dying, isn't that what everyone wants in narutos war?
    Its different and if anything can be related to better than most.

Now stop the sarcy comments '' how can you relate because I don't need to explain that unless your a moron''

If you don't like it, don't watch it.
    If you don't like people saying its good then LOL
    Go complain and join a snk hater group or something. Jeez.
    It's not clever at all, entertaining to some because of the action yes. And it's not amazing either. Sheer opinion and no FACTS. Here's some facts.

It's generic, the writing is lazy and sloppy and the action, personalities etc have all been done before.

If you think it is better than most, you haven't seen most.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'd have to say that its fan base is definitely the worst part. Everyone saying it's a masterpiece. It's a good anime, no doubt, but there are much, much better anime to be seen. For example, Blood Lad. Personally, I think it was the best show last season. It's short, the characters are very likeable, there's action, comedy, a little fan service, and DBZ references everywhere. Definitely better than AoT imo.

@#2. AoT is gonna be 20 volumes in all (11 have been written already). I could see a second season, possibly even a third, but I wouldn't say it's just getting started or we haven't scratched the surface yet.

Last edited by Pekoms; 10-03-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: spam: double-posting

Get up, Survive, Go bed. Lonely Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lucid dream everynight,
    almost like its another
    world.. my very own world.

[QUOTE=xxSasukEkUnxX;13422673]It's not clever at all, entertaining to some because of the action yes. And it's not amazing either. Sheer opinion and no FACTS. Here's some facts.

It's generic, the writing is lazy and sloppy and the action, personalities etc have all been done before.

If you think it is better than most, you haven't seen most.[/QUOTE
    ^^^ sounds like opinions to me.

Here's the facts I found:

Its popular, the writing is good and what music note have you not heard before?

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yes, I and many others predicted it. You hate something/have a connection to it in a shounen, you become just that, it's a cycle. Ichigo can see souls, becomes a god of death. One of the most prominent examples.

That's why shounen are so mediocre, especially this one. Tragic Pasts mean the character is messed up emotionally on the inside. You cannot have a stabilized character that way, I don't know how this is not seen by an entire Studio of writers.

Fodder Generic Villains? , if someone gets killed in SNK that happens to be a villain they will never be seen again! ROFLMFAO! If a titan in the future is killed, can you say that they are signifigant enough for more mentions in further arcs?

I say it sucks with reason, you say such with bias statements because of personal beliefs. And a fandom does not make anything good. If killing had a fandom, would it be good? ROFL!
    Where did these you and these "others" predict this? I want to see this for myself. I honestly thought Eren was most likely dead and that mikasa was going to take the role of main character. I'm sure you wouldn't have said this before the reveal.

You might dislike that but I seriously don't have a problem with it. The main character needs something that motivates them to reach a certain goal whether it be a tragic past or whatever. Not only that but it establishes a connection between you and that character.

Well I'm not so sure about this fodder generic villain thing since Rikerslade is the one that said it but I will say that it depends on which titans they are.. take the one that killed Eren's mom. If they do kill it, it might receive some mention or flashback.

I don't see much bias in his post but if you say that his post has bias might as well say yours has it too since you're being arrogant and laughing at his post.. acting like what you say is right that its fact when your post is an opinion as well.

Last edited by Murasame; 10-02-2013 at 11:57 PM.

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fastest thing alive.

Yes, yes it is.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    to box with God.

Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    @#2. AoT is gonna be 20 volumes in all (11 have been written already). I could see a second season, possibly even a third, but I wouldn't say it's just getting started or we haven't scratched the surface yet.
    Actually yes, we have just scratched the surface. We still don't know who the Titans are working for, why they're inside that particular thing, who that particular smart Titan is, is there more like him, where did the Titans come from and some more. We still have a lot to cover.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»