Status
    Dec 2011
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!

Ryokugyu

What we know about him so far:

Quote Originally Posted by onepiece.wikia.com
    Ryokugyu is the alias of an admiral in the Marines. Ryokugyu was briefly mentioned by Doflamingo whilst talking to Fujitora, calling the two of them "Beasts". Ryokugyu's real name is currently unknown.

As Ryokugyu has not appeared in the storyline yet, Ryokugyu's current appearance is unknown.

Not much is known about Ryokugyu's abilities, but as a Marine Admiral, Ryokugyu must have at least above-average leadership and coordination skills, and has power over thousands of lower ranked Marines. As an Admiral, Ryokugyu has the authority to enact a Buster Call on any island deemed dangerous, and may pass this ability to a lower ranking World Government agent.
    Ryokugyu and Fujitora were stated by Doflamingo to be "true beasts in terms of power".

It was stated that all Marines ranked vice admiral or higher possess Haki, so as a higher ranked officer as well as leader of the Marines, Ryokugyu can also use the ability.

Ryokugyu has the same naming scheme (color + animal) as the four admirals before him.
    Fujitora and Ryokugyu's animal aliases (tiger and bull respectively) are the representation of the northeastern quarter where the ogre that Momotarō must kill, lives.
    What I believe we can figure from these statements:
    Appearence:
    Ryokugyu will wear green : much like his counterparts wearing colored clothing in cooperation with their colour.

Blue Pheasant
    Yellow Monkey

Red Dog

Personality:
    Using color Psychology (matches all the other admirals) we can predict any admirals personality. Orange is going to be the admiral next to be promoted)

Ryokugyu will be :nature loving, harmonious , have expertise in communication, very sociable and accepting

Powers:
    Based upon the color psychology : which works for devil fruits too. Here's what I mean:

Hie Hie no Mi:

Ice resembles calmness and keeping peace.
    (Matching Kuzan)

Pika Pika no Mi:

Light resembles being fun and humorous.
    (Matching Borsalino)

Magu Magu no Mi:

Magma resembles spontaneity and passion.
    (Matching Sakazuki)

Fujitoras devil fruit:

Gravity resembles universal flow and meditation.
    (Matching what we've seen of Isshou)

Therefore Ryokugyu will have an element which corresponds with nature and harmony.The only real possibility in my opinion is a Wood based devil fruit.
    -Obviously of Nature
    -Nature resembles peace
    -Siddharta achieved enlightenment under a tree (which is why I specify a tree fruit and not just any plant fruit)

But what class will it be? Paramecia or Logia?
    Some people may think it will be a paramecia as the common belief is to be a logia you must have a free flowing body. This may be true for all of these:

Magu Magu
    Pika Pika
    Goro Goro
    Yami Yami
    Gasu Gasu
    Mera Mera
    Moku Moku
    Numa Numa

no mi's

However some people forget that these Logias take on the SOLID state of matter within the element form:

Yuki Yuki no Mi (Snow is solid)
    Hie Hie no Mi (Ice is solid)
    Suna Suna no Mi (Sand is solid)
    (Magu Magu no Mi when cooled would be solid)

Elements of the ancients:
    Fire : Mera Mera no Mi , Moku Moku no Mi stems from this
    Water: Yuki Yuki no Mi and Hie Hie no Mi stem from this
    Earth: Numa Numa and the Suna Suna no Mi stem from this
    Wood: BAM!
    Metal: There could be a metal logia on the way! Goro Goro no Mi kind of stems from this (conduction)
    Air: Gasu Gasu no Mi stems from this. There could be a wind logia too.
    (NOTE: Most ancient cultures contained at least four of these)

Then there's two realms:
    Heavens:
    Goro Goro no Mi , Pika Pika no Mi

Underworld:
    Magu Magu no Mi and Yami Yami no Mi

As you can see... All Logias are related to the ancient elemental beliefs. Therefore the wood fruit would be a logia.
    I'll have a guess at it's capabilities...

-Becoming and manipulating or creating wood. Normally in the form of trees
    -Absorbing water (much like the Suna Suna no Mi) with the extra: INCREASE in strength
    -Underground travel and travelling along wooden surfaces
    -Changing shape of wood and trees. Possibly to impale people or block attacks : wood is very versitile
    -If Wood was considered the element of life : then Ryokugyu could regenerate himself and/or heal others
    -It would be weak to heat : absorbing water/ moisture from opponents would decrease this weakness during combat

A fruit worthy of an Admiral.
    Called one of:
    -Sae Sae no Mi (Twig Twig fruit)

-Ruto Ruto no Mi (Root Root fruit: One U is lost as no devil fruit has more than four letters in the repeated section)

-Suri Suri no Mi (Tree Tree fruit : Missing a T at the start as no devil fruit has more than four letters in the repeated section)

-Zai Zai no Mi (Wood Wood fruit. Zai is taken from the latter half of the word Mokuzai : Moku is already used for the Plume Plume fruit as Moku on it's own means plume)

Last edited by rinnemaki; 10-09-2013 at 06:43 PM.

Status
    Mar 2013
    No matter how far apart we
    are, you will always stay in
    my heart <3

Re: Ryokugyu

Wood fruit. It would be like having Hashirama in One piece. I like the idea and hope this happens. Although i expected the new admiral pattern to be Logia, Paramecia, Zoan.

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

While based purely on color this makes sense... we have to also take into account the animal.

Monkey: The Monkey is often viewed as a playful creature who likes to tease... as such it matches yellow, and Borsalino.

Pheasant: As a bird, it casually flies place to place, and simply exists there... never being a distraction or crazy (calm/collected) much like Kuzan.

Dog: Fiercely loyal, tends to make a ruckus when going after things, and naturally doesn't stop chasing a target... similar to Sakazuki

Tiger: A prideful and powerful animal, and one that doesn't always attack everything in sight... just what it has to attack to live or to defend: Similar to Isshou.

As such, personality traits for Ryokugyu will parallel the traits of a bull... which match with the color Green.

A usually calm animal... but has outbursts of intense rage/anger (such as seeing the color red Akainu lol). Here was a Horoscope-like description for the Taurus (bull) constellation.

Pure Taureans tend to be earthy - 'slow but steady and sure' (Like Green in terms of being balanced/peaceful). The bullishness can under extreme pressure be expressed in violent outbursts of rage and anger (Like a Bull that gets angered). Material things are of immense importance (Possibly like Money: Green)to the typical Taurean. With all this practicality, there is a minor streak of imagination and artistry in many of the Taureans. You often get interested in music, painting and sculpture.

Sexuality and Emotions:

Taureans value their personal possessions a lot, whether it relates to the materialistic things or their partners. Jealousy (Green also represents Envy)is one of the incessant characters of a Taurean. According to them, a rival is not just a rival, but a thief who is trying to steal their possession. But the positive side of a Taurean is that he/she cares for his/her partner a lot. Thus, the partner of a Taurean is cared for with devoted constancy(A notable Admiral Trait).

General Character:

'Phlegmatic' (unemotional and stolidly calm disposition: Similar to a Bull that's unangered... also a unique personality compared to the admirals) is a word which the old astrologers often use to describe a Taurean. Hence, a sordid practicality and a certain amount of earthiness is a notable trait amongst the Taureans. In adulthood, the Taurean's goal is security, comfort and lack of anxiety. Worries repel the Taureans as they hate to be anxious about any thing on earth. They are known to be very good acquaintances and friends. The Taureans patience, their determination and their rage often lead to their frequent outbursts.

Life Style:

As individuals, Taureans are very determined in their decisions. Never do they get distracted from their goals and decisions which have already been taken. Steady and functional life style is what they ultimately want. Unnecessary risk taking or doing speculative things is not their type. In fact they hardly bother if their life style seems boring to others as long as they enjoy the way they are living.

Careers / Professions:

The Taureans excel in those careers or jobs where they feel the sense of need and security. A slow but a steady job, with a guaranteed promotion and a good retirement life complemented with a handsome pension, is the ideal kind of job for the Taureans. So they are never good in freelance journalism or selling insurance on a daily commission basis. Rather they are good in accounting jobs or anything involving money (Green), provided no risk taking is concerned. Taureans will gladly work overtime and stretch their duty or working hours, provided the job gives them satisfaction. Working in places where they can enjoy good vocational holidays is something which attracts them very much. Stability in jobs and careers are their prime concern. In short, Taureans are very sensitive and egoistic about their careers. They are also gifted with melodious voice.

Best Career Options:

1. Government services (Irony ).

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/697792

Now the whole point to that is that it may give us a good insight of Ryokugyu's personality due to his Animal and Color Epitaph. Rage isn't something the forest or trees are known for... they are calm and passive at all times as they steadily grow.

Also, we now have a Paramecia and Logia Admiral... I would bet that our Number 3 is a Zoan type DF wielder. Now... a tree is a living entity and could plausibly qualify for a Zoan, but it feels rather Paramecium/Zoan pending how you go with it.

I've been thinking that instead, Ryokugyu will possibly end up with a Mythical Zoan.... and what better an type than that of the Minotaur?!

1. Brings a great representation to the idea of a Bull.

2. In mythology, the Bull was trapped in a Labyrinth that King Minos ordered to be constructed. Which is something that would be dark, musky, and moldy (Green).

3. He was identified as being a "Beast" which could foreshadow this.

4. We are also in Dressrosa (a noticeably Greek Esque location: Kyrous, Gladiator Competition armor being Greek/Roman like) when he's introduced.

5. Balances out the idea of a Logia, Paramecia, and Zoan Admiral

6. Brings balance to his character: Normally unemotional and stolidly calm disposition... but then transforms to become a Raging Bull.

Considering that Naruto already has a famous person for having Tree Power, and Fairy Tail also just introduced a powerful Tree guy... I feel Oda will try to pick an original route to go with.

But I honestly won't complain if he goes with a Tree fruit... would be pretty cool!

Status
    Dec 2011
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!

Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post
    While based purely on color this makes sense... we have to also take into account the animal.

Monkey: The Monkey is often viewed as a playful creature who likes to tease... as such it matches yellow, and Borsalino.

Pheasant: As a bird, it casually flies place to place, and simply exists there... never being a distraction or crazy (calm/collected) much like Kuzan.

Dog: Fiercely loyal, tends to make a ruckus when going after things, and naturally doesn't stop chasing a target... similar to Sakazuki

Tiger: A prideful and powerful animal, and one that doesn't always attack everything in sight... just what it has to attack to live or to defend: Similar to Isshou.

As such, personality traits for Ryokugyu will parallel the traits of a bull... which match with the color Green.

A usually calm animal... but has outbursts of intense rage/anger (such as seeing the color red Akainu lol). Here was a Horoscope-like description for the Taurus (bull) constellation.

Pure Taureans tend to be earthy - 'slow but steady and sure' (Like Green in terms of being balanced/peaceful). The bullishness can under extreme pressure be expressed in violent outbursts of rage and anger (Like a Bull that gets angered). Material things are of immense importance (Possibly like Money: Green)to the typical Taurean. With all this practicality, there is a minor streak of imagination and artistry in many of the Taureans. You often get interested in music, painting and sculpture.

Sexuality and Emotions:

Taureans value their personal possessions a lot, whether it relates to the materialistic things or their partners. Jealousy (Green also represents Envy)is one of the incessant characters of a Taurean. According to them, a rival is not just a rival, but a thief who is trying to steal their possession. But the positive side of a Taurean is that he/she cares for his/her partner a lot. Thus, the partner of a Taurean is cared for with devoted constancy(A notable Admiral Trait).

General Character:

'Phlegmatic' (unemotional and stolidly calm disposition: Similar to a Bull that's unangered... also a unique personality compared to the admirals) is a word which the old astrologers often use to describe a Taurean. Hence, a sordid practicality and a certain amount of earthiness is a notable trait amongst the Taureans. In adulthood, the Taurean's goal is security, comfort and lack of anxiety. Worries repel the Taureans as they hate to be anxious about any thing on earth. They are known to be very good acquaintances and friends. The Taureans patience, their determination and their rage often lead to their frequent outbursts.

Life Style:

As individuals, Taureans are very determined in their decisions. Never do they get distracted from their goals and decisions which have already been taken. Steady and functional life style is what they ultimately want. Unnecessary risk taking or doing speculative things is not their type. In fact they hardly bother if their life style seems boring to others as long as they enjoy the way they are living.

Careers / Professions:

The Taureans excel in those careers or jobs where they feel the sense of need and security. A slow but a steady job, with a guaranteed promotion and a good retirement life complemented with a handsome pension, is the ideal kind of job for the Taureans. So they are never good in freelance journalism or selling insurance on a daily commission basis. Rather they are good in accounting jobs or anything involving money (Green), provided no risk taking is concerned. Taureans will gladly work overtime and stretch their duty or working hours, provided the job gives them satisfaction. Working in places where they can enjoy good vocational holidays is something which attracts them very much. Stability in jobs and careers are their prime concern. In short, Taureans are very sensitive and egoistic about their careers. They are also gifted with melodious voice.

Best Career Options:

1. Government services (Irony ).

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/697792

Now the whole point to that is that it may give us a good insight of Ryokugyu's personality due to his Animal and Color Epitaph. Rage isn't something the forest or trees are known for... they are calm and passive at all times as they steadily grow.

Also, we now have a Paramecia and Logia Admiral... I would bet that our Number 3 is a Zoan type DF wielder. Now... a tree is a living entity and could plausibly qualify for a Zoan, but it feels rather Paramecium/Zoan pending how you go with it.

I've been thinking that instead, Ryokugyu will possibly end up with a Mythical Zoan.... and what better an type than that of the Minotaur?!

1. Brings a great representation to the idea of a Bull.

2. In mythology, the Bull was trapped in a Labyrinth that King Minos ordered to be constructed. Which is something that would be dark, musky, and moldy (Green).

3. He was identified as being a "Beast" which could foreshadow this.

4. We are also in Dressrosa (a noticeably Greek Esque location: Kyrous, Gladiator Competition armor being Greek/Roman like) when he's introduced.

5. Balances out the idea of a Logia, Paramecia, and Zoan Admiral

6. Brings balance to his character: Normally unemotional and stolidly calm disposition... but then transforms to become a Raging Bull.

Considering that Naruto already has a famous person for having Tree Power, and Fairy Tail also just introduced a powerful Tree guy... I feel Oda will try to pick an original route to go with.

But I honestly won't complain if he goes with a Tree fruit... would be pretty cool!
    One thing really stood out for me in your post.... (Good post BTW)
    A usually calm animal... but has outbursts of intense rage/anger (such as seeing the color red Akainu)
    Red can refer to heat. Heat would be the tree fruits weakness... Voila!

Status
    Jul 2012
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    One thing really stood out for me in your post.... (Good post BTW)

Red can refer to heat. Heat would be the tree fruits weakness... Voila!
    Sorry about the Double Post... my laptop is a doucebag U.U.

Double Posts on NB, and ends up erasing what I write on OPB !

And lol! Red does refer to heat. You take my theory and add it to yours... how evil ! I like either idea... though I'd prefer a Mythical Zoan... just because OP Tree People have been a recent storm as of late!

Status
    Dec 2011
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!

Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post
    Sorry about the Double Post... my laptop is a doucebag U.U.

Double Posts on NB, and ends up erasing what I write on OPB !

And lol! Red does refer to heat. You take my theory and add it to yours... how evil ! I like either idea... though I'd prefer a Mythical Zoan... just because OP Tree People have been a recent storm as of late!
    You're basically referring to Hashirama and no other manga character xD

Well if he had a mythical Zoan he'd be a Treant: Granting him powers similar to what I described.
    Like this?

I'd be interested to see Oda's interpretation

Last edited by rinnemaki; 10-09-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    people can change

awesome theory won't cut it .... i can see this happening good job really good job

Status
    Sep 2012
    Chibaku Tensei

Coby for orange Admiral?

Status
    Dec 2011
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboi View Post
    Coby for orange Admiral?
    Yeah! Check out my theory : I promise you won't be disappointed.
    http://narutobase.net/forums/search....archid=1688325

Status
    Let's say you have some meat,
    okay? Now, a pirate would chow
    down on that bad boy, but a
    hero would share it with
    everyone!! I want to eat
    meat!! - Luffy

Mythical Zoan treant is what I had in mind. Good thread.

Status
    Apr 2012
    egg

Firstly, looking back at the Pre-TS Admirals, they all shared something in common: together they made up the 'primary colors'.
    So going by this, one must believe that the Post-TS Admirals will also follow a theme - and albeit the general consensus is that eventually the Admirals will represent the 'secondary colors', that still doesn't mean that for now, the current Admirals won't be a theme. So, what will that theme be?

Now that we've established the Admirals as of now will most likely reminisce a theme. Let's take a look at the powers of the current Admirals: Light & Gravity. So given this information I think that the current Admirals will be based off of Einstein's 'theory of General Relativity' - which is comprised of Light, Gravity and one more thing, that being the element of time.

Anyway, this isn't my own conclusion, I just think this is the case seeing as the theory that I got this from was made way before the 3rd Admiral was revealed to be green.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doflamingo
    Color Scheme & Abilities:

I'm gonna go on a wild prediction here and guess that the new guy's gonna have a Green color scheme I'm basing this off the pothead Kizaru, and Fujitora's Purple Kush

Light, Gravity, & Time are all part of the theory of General Relativity made by Einstein.

It's much easier to label the Pre TS trio into color schemes, since Ice=Blue, Yellow=Light, Red=Magma, and these are more obvious, as they have the dynamic of the Elements, and in this case, the Logia.

It seems like the Post TS trio including Kizaru is gonna be based off of a relation of energy in physics.

It's harder to label invisible & intangible things like gravity or time into color schemes, but now we know Fuji has the purple scheme. Time is usually portrayed by a grayish and empty, dull hourglass formed image. But I also think green can be a unique color representation of time, since green represents the plants, roots, trees, and nature in general. All these things including nature are usually images used to represent growth and nourishment. The growth of a plant rising up is almost inexplicably linked as a very symbolic manifestation of the basic concept of growth itself. As plants become old, they wither and wrinkle.

I don't know, just playing with ideas here. I'm thinking if the new Admiral can control time, it will be really hax and overpowered, but I'm trying to think of a way where Time manipulation in One Piece wouldn't seem too typical, cliché, or overdone..knowing Oda, if he were to choose Time manipulation as a power(which he's done so in small extents like Foxy's fruit), then he would bring an original twist to it.

Personality: I hope and predict that this Admiral is going to be an Absolute Justice Marine like Akainu, but he should have his own take to the doctrine, which doesn't make him just some follower chasing Akainu's beliefs. He should retain his own individual sense of self and ideals, rather than being just a puppet. Look at Fujitora, he seems to be a balance minded individual, and he actually thinks for himself, and not just from the views of his superiors. I'm hoping that the final Admiral will be just as independent, but in a more aggressive and brutal way, following the Absolute Justice doctrine. Fujitora was shown to be similar to Aokiji to some extent, in that he cares about the safety of civilians, and has a sense of Moral Justice. Then we have Kizaru who's still repping himself and his own justice, so that leaves the last Admiral position, who I'm hoping is more like Akainu, except not just being some "For the Greater Good", or just another "For Justice" character. Make no mistake, I'm not saying that Akainu's character is one dimensional at all. I'm not, and I think he pulls off that trope very well, as it fits his explosive state of mind. But it really only works well for him. I'd want the final Admiral to follow the same radical justice, but on a more personal basis, and not just someone who caters to Akainu's sense of justice.

Plot Relevance:
    I'd want this guy to be at the forefront of the New World battlefield and front lines in the situation. It will be cool if we see an Admiral with a short time rivalry with one of the top Revolutionary Commanders, rather than just having this Admiral fight Yonko crew mates again. Or Oda can still have him clash with Yonko or their crew members, and develop some original and golden interaction between the Admiral and said Yonko crew member, like Kizaru/Marco, or Akainu/Ace.

And if he stays long enough to make it to the later stages of the series, I'd want him to be taken down by either Kidd or Law when they are at that level yet. It will be a satisfying way for Law or Kidd to get stronger and solidify one of them as a full fledged New World god, by the end of the series. Just don't let the M3 hog all the spotlight.

Last edited by ziggyZ; 10-12-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyZ View Post
    Firstly, looking back at the Pre-TS Admirals, they all shared something in common: together they made up the 'primary colors'.
    So going by this, one must believe that the Post-TS Admirals will also follow a theme - and albeit the general consensus is that eventually the Admirals will represent the 'secondary colors', that still doesn't mean that for now, the current Admirals won't be a theme. So, what will that theme be?

Now that we've established the Admirals as of now will most likely reminisce a theme. Let's take a look at the powers of the current Admirals: Light & Gravity. So given this information I think that the current Admirals will be based off of Einstein's 'theory of General Relativity' - which is comprised of Light, Gravity and one more thing, that being the element of time.

Anyway, this isn't my own conclusion, I just think this is the case seeing as the theory that I got this from was made way before the 3rd Admiral was revealed to be green.

Time is already used by multiple people.
    Bonney
    Foxy
    Hancock (pauses time for those frozen)

Whereas light and Gravity have yet to share powers with other fruits.

Status
    Apr 2012
    egg

Time is already used by multiple people.
    Bonney
    Foxy
    Hancock (pauses time for those frozen)

Whereas light and Gravity have yet to share powers with other fruits.
    BB has great gravitational altering power. And light can be argued to be similar to lightning and fire - as the both produce light.

Furthermore, Bonney makes people older and younger; Foxy can make 1/2 people slower in a certain radius; Hancock petrifies people. So if Ryokugyu has a time related power, it's safe to say that he's power his gonna be hax as. I.E. make himself faster/make his opponents slower/freeze people in a large circumference/even have similar abilities to Time Ark/etc.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!

Quote Originally Posted by ziggyZ View Post
    BB has great gravitational altering power. And light can be argued to be similar to lightning and fire - as the both produce light.
    It's not really gravity. The only gravityesque move the Yami Yami no Mi has is Kurozou.
    All objects create light and/or reflect or refract it. So what?

Furthermore, Bonney makes people older and younger; Foxy can make 1/2 people slower in a certain radius; Hancock petrifies people. So if Ryokugyu has a time related power, it's safe to say that he's power his gonna be hax as. I.E. make himself faster/make his opponents slower/freeze people in a large circumference/even have similar abilities to Time Ark/etc.
    That DF would be way too overpowered. Even among the likes of One Piece. That fruit would make a user invincible so it has to be seriously nerfed which will only lead to disappointment. Most admiral devil fruits can be used in many different ways (excluding Magu Magu no Mi)... The devil fruit you described doesn't really have much uses...

Status
    Apr 2012
    egg

That DF would be way too overpowered. Even among the likes of One Piece. That fruit would make a user invincible so it has to be seriously nerfed which will only lead to disappointment. Most admiral devil fruits can be used in many different ways (excluding Magu Magu no Mi)... The devil fruit you described doesn't really have much uses...
    Not really. As evident with Law. His fruit pretty much gives him the ability to warp space to his heart's content; however it has a weakness - stamina: the more he uses it the more energy he drains and therefore he becomes vulnerable. So in that context, the more one uses the time power, the more their energy will drain and thus they'll become weaker.

Similarly, in context, Fujitora's power is equally has haxed. Since he can shit holes in the ground, make it rain meteors without even having any serious intent. So by this comparison, the time DF is not as far-fetched as you may think.

Additionally, Ryokugyu may not be so versed in Haki as the Pre-TS Admiral's were. Why? Because he and Fujitora were never trained as Marines meaning they weren't given special Haki lessons - seeing as they were both drafted during the TS in some military draft. But that doesn't suggest they don't have proficient Haki (since I still think their Haki is much greater than the SNe due to having heaps of time to train it themselves), it just implies they have OP DF's which make up for what they lack (to an extent).