Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Returning with a relaxed mind,
    body, and spirit.

(Kirigakure Borderlands) A return long awaited

As Link finally reaches the borderlands of his home he sees the mist rises from the water as the boat reaches land. Link exits the boat and starts to walk the marshy landscape towards the city walls. Its been a long time since Link has had a nice shower and meal. His stomache groels with hunger as he walks. *God damn i need some food. I hope my home is in the same dirty way it was before i left ha!* Link approaches the gate.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    FUB Contest Host

Re: (Kirigakure Borderlands) A return long awaited

As war loomed over the lands around Kirigakure, Shin could not help but wander where this pain and strife would lead to. It had been a while since he had welcomed any visitors and he had grown quite bored. He stood atop his apartment on the roof top and looked on to the Hokage's Office in the distance. He closes his eyes and thinks.

"Oh Pearly realm, how many leaders have you housed only to be killed or missing? Our lands have been ransacked and razed yet you sit here in this pearly mist and show not a sense of remorse or grief. One day I shall become Mizukage and change that. I will bring back your splendor, just you wait. Though you are not my native land, I will show you that you are now my home. You have housed me and clothed my back. I have more than enough to be grateful for."

Shin opens his eyes, takes a deep breath, and looks up at the sky. The sun hid behind the clouds and mists of the village. The air was fresh and cold just like its many inhabitants. He took out his sword and held it high in the air while aiming at the Hokage Building ahead.

"I will fight for you fair maiden. I will fight for your honor and should the moment come, I will gladly give my life for you. I will be your knight and you will be my Queen. You will find no other with a heart as grand as mine. If I should die, let me rest these bones in the embrace of your bountiful bosom."

Shin brings the sword to his face and he bows his head in respect. He closes his eyes and softly whispers, "I swear my life upon it."

After going back inside and taking a much needed shower, Shin prepares a lovely breakfast for himself. But before he could begin a little messenger bird arrives. He sees a note addressed to him from the border guard. A man was approaching wearing the Kirigakure banner. He wondered for a bit, "Who could it be?" So he gathered his things and headed out. All the while he thought about his first visit to Kirigakure. He had no hope or will to go on. All he needed was a warm, hearty meal and a good nights sleep. HE thought that maybe this was his chance to give back that hospitality he had received so long ago. He neared the gate and to his surprise saw a familiar face he hadn't seen in a while. He gives a big smile and waves at the stranger.

"Ohaiyo Nii-san!"

He looked upon the weary man approaching him and was reminded again of himself. It had been a long time but the scars of his past were still there. He remembered all the kind faces he had met and all the people who had helped him along the way. He remembered how his mom had once hoped for him to have many friends. Shin closed his eyes, smiled, and thought in his head.

"....Arigato...Okaasan...."

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hiding in the Mist

Note, im using this thread to head out to the borderlands where im to be stationed. Just a heads up.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having receieved his orders Grimmjow stepped out of his house in Kirigakure. He wore a pitch black cloak with a black hood. Beneath it hid his sword, Muramasa. Donning the hood and zipping up the cloak, Grimmjow made his way towards the village gates in silence, his face, and his presence hidden from the world. As the walked in silence he saw two men, well more like boys, they where talking to each other, although he didn't recognise them he noticed one looks noticably tired. Not wanting to indulge with these people, he continued walking, like a shadow. Upon reaching the front gate, Grimmjow bound up the side and vanished over it into the deep dark silent mist. With the village to his back he continued in silence with the cloak on until reaching the borderlands. There he made camp, knowing his stay this time would be much longer. Using his earth jutsu and fire jutsu he created a a small fire and a chair to sit upon. He stayed this way for an hour before leaving a marker and walking away, to patrol the borderlands for this day.

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
    Type: Attack/Defence
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage Points: 20
    Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

( Katon: Komakai Kaki ) - Fire Release: Small Fire
    Type: Offense
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: 10
    Damage Points: 20
    Description: The user spews a small fireball.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    body, and spirit.

Hello old friend it has been a while has it not? *As he speaks his last word link falls face first on to the ground.*

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    FUB Contest Host

Before he reaches the ground, Shin is able to make it in time and the man lands on his back. The poor guy had been tired and had probably exhausted most of his chakra by now. He smiled that his friend Link had come back home. He quickly took him to his house, grabbed the key under the mat like he always did, and opened the door. He looked at the mess and thought.

"What the hell is this mess? He must have been gone for a while now."

Shin saw books littered on the floor along with a dead cat and some dead fish in a dirty tank. There was a big mess everywhere. He took link upstairs to an empty bedroom that seemed clean and set him down. Shin checked his pulse to see if he was still breathing and could hear a slow beat.

"He must be really tired but some of these wounds need to be treated. I wonder what Link was doing? Well while I wait for the doctor I should clean his place out. He helped me a lot when I first came to Kiri so this is my thanks to him."

With that said, Shin began to clean the house. There was so much trash and algae growing in every place that at some point Shin felt like blowing up the place and calling it an accident. He sighed and regained his composure and continued cleaning. He cleaned the refrigerator and all the bad food that was rotting inside.

"Eww this cheese is funky. Reminds me of my last date." ~.~

He swept the house and mopped it clean till it was all nice and shiny. He found a hidden stack of Icha Icha series and he sat down to read a couple until the doctor arrived.

"Oooh, this is interesting", he said as he saw a interesting read about the Akatsuki. A knock then came to the door. Was it the doctor or someone else? Shin approached it and opened the door.

OOC: Good night off to bed z.z

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    body, and spirit.

Link barely opens his eyes for a second to see his friend walk to the door of his now clean house.
    what the hell he cleaned my whole house from top to bottom

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    FUB Contest Host

IT had been no one at the door. The doctor never came and Shin was worried that Link would get worse. Over the course of the night, Shin watched over Link and hoped that he would at least make it through the night. He soon felt the heaviness of his brow and slowly fell into a deep sleep.

When daylight shone through the window at the house, Shin woke up, yawned, and stretched. He saw Link still breathing softly and thought that he made it, he really did make it. He smiled and headed downstairs to make breakfast. He made Link's favorite breakfast foods and when he was done he headed back upstairs and entered the room.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexion View Post
    Link barely opens his eyes for a second to see his friend walk to the door of his now clean house.
    what the hell he cleaned my whole house from top to bottom
    "So I see you are up? I hope you are feeling better. I thought you almost died on me old friend. Kirigakure would be at a loss if you were gone. I barely made it these couple of months. I made you breakfast downstairs but I need to go. I cleaned your house though I didn't organize anything because then you will complain how you can't find anything. But before I leave, I wanted to ask you something. Where were you and why did you leave?"

Shin looked on at his friend and could see he might be a little upset because of all he did. Kirigakurans were a proud people who never asked for help other than battle. He felt a bit of remorse and hoped that he had not overstepped his bounds. It was a bit hard for him to be cold and callous like everyone else. He had always been taught to help those in need when it is in your power to help them. Likewise, Shin hoped that many in return would show him the same kindness.