Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»
    Jesus Watches my Games. Tebows Youth Group's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2012
    This user no has status.

The Final Villian we all missed. How he's been hiding right under our "noses"

This theory is actually based off a very old and very popular idea that has since been "disproven". I won't mention which one, but it will become pretty obvious if you have been following theories for a long time (it is not Sage=Uzumaki). So credit goes to the original, though I don't think anyone knows who that is anymore.

Before I can start the theory, I first need to explain my process for arriving at this idea. Normally, this would not be necessary but for this thread in order to understand what I am saying, I need you to understand why I am saying it. If you want, skip to "The God's of Naruto" because that is where the actual theory starts, however reading where I got the idea may help you better understand it.

So Let's Begin

Ever since Madara shed light on the truth of the Shinobi's origins us fans have been racking our brains trying to decipher the meaning "underneath" his story. I sprinkled the site with little posts and threads exclaiming the inconsistencies in Madara's telling of Kaguya's story, but I never had a complete idea of what I was trying to say.

I questioned the fruit, and Kaguya's motivation for eating it.

Here is the thread I posted, its short, but to summarize, I basically presented a thought. Was Kaguya tempted to eat the fruit by some one else?

It's a simple idea really. And is one that I believe holds some merit..

I guess my question boils down to...how did we go from here...

To here...

So the Princess asks herself, "How should I go about bringing peace to the world? Oh...well let me eat that fruit everyone has been saying not to touch on the off chance that it gives me Godly powers."

Was Kaguya tempted by another?

Some one with the ability to influence minds. Some one...like these guys...

Obviously, I'm not saying an Uchiha was responsible...but think about where their powers come from.

The fruit is contradictory is it not? It grows once every millennium and can turn an ordinary person into a God. No one knows why they shouldn't touch it, but somehow knows what it is capable of, which of course, makes no sense. How could some one know if no ones ever touched it?

What I assume to be many of your answers..

"Well Kaguya saw the world in chaos and became a God to bring order. And...well the fruit grows on the God Tree, so people just assumed it would give them limitless power"

And yes, this could be what happened. But again, I ask you, how did she know what the fruit would do? She had to have been told no?

In the end the point I'm trying to get across is...Is there another villain?? The one who got Kaguya to eat the fruit?

I also posted a thread about the fruit itself, suggesting that it may not be just a simple fruit, but a living, breathing, entity who in fact enticed Kaguya to eat it. The Juubi was actually protecting humanity against its power, not keeping humanity from it's power. I'll post the link to the thread, but its lengthy so I would suggest reading it later, that is if you decide you want to. What's important to note is the fruit has been corrupting humanity.

http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=436388

So with these two ideas in mind..

1. Kaguya was tempted to eat the fruit
    2. The fruit = corruption

...we can move forward.

The "God's" of Naruto

I had my predictions and theories, but I needed a story. I needed a character that could be introduced by Kishimoto as the final villain, the one who got Kaguya to eat the fruit in order to realize their influence over mankind. And what do you know, I found him in a relic Naruto theory.

It's tough to decide where to start, but I guess the best place would be here..

The God Tree, which as it's name states was worshipped like a God. But wait, other God's have been depicted too right?

Like these guys at the Fire Temple

Or this guy, also at the Fire Temple

And what about these idols shown during Itachi and Danzo's conversation?

Don't forget the "Death God"

And of, course, Hidan's Lord Jashin

There may even be other's but the point I'm making is that there have been numerous statues or idols seemingly depicting God's but never any mention about who they were in Naruto's universe. I, like many of you, just wrote it off as Kishi giving an ode to his heritage and showing different Japanese, Buddhist and Hindu, God's in his story. But then something strange happened, an actual "God" was presented in the form of the God Tree and it got me thinking, "is it possible the statues and God's presented in the manga are dedicated to the God Tree?"

The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled was Getting People to Believe He Didn't Exist

This, is Sojobo Tengu (some of you may be seeing where I'm going with this) and you may be wondering why you recognize him..

Well that's because I showed him to you earlier

His image has been sprinkled throughout the story, there is another important place you'll see him, but I'll save that for later..

A little info on Sojobo

Sōjōbō is the mythical king of the tengu. He carries a fan made from seven feathers as a sign of his position at the top of tengu society. He is extremely powerful, and one legend says he has the strength of 1,000 normal tengu. Interestingly, Sōjōbō is said to live upon Mount Kurama.

Some of you might be saying, "Well what's a tengu?"

Tengu

Ancient Japanese legend states that the Ninja clans descended from a creature called Tengu, a half-man-half-crow hybrid with the power to alter nature and the minds of men. Tengu's are said to enjoy spreading chaos and confusion in the human world. Being shape-shifters, tengu are capable of assuming a variety of forms or casting various illusions to deceive humans. They are often associated with crows or some human-like creature with a bird's beak or a long and beak-like nose. Like many demons, they are often associated with the color red.

If you still haven't realized where I'm going with this, allow me to help.

The Theory

Sojobo is the fruit, and the second "God" of Naruto. There has been a consistent duality in this story, Naruto and Sasuke, Madara and Hashiram, etc. and it started with the God Tree. The Juubi(the Tree) and Sojobo(the fruit).

The Juubi, as the personification of nature, keeps Sojobo at bay.

Point 1

In fact, the two statues we see represent the Juubi and Sojobo.

Also here. Notice the statue with multiple faces, this represents Sujobo's ability to shape-shift. Also, note the hands of the two statues (I know you can only see the top half). But where one represents a sign for "Jutsu"(the Sojobo statue), the other is representing the sign for meditation, or what we have come to know as "Sage mode" (the Juubi's statue).

Through the fruit, Sojobo gave Ninjutsu to mankind; so it would make sense that his statue is depicting the symbol for jutsu. The Juubi is the personification of nature and harbors an infinite amount of natural chakra, so it would make sense that it's statue is depicting the symbol for natural chakra.

This picture below represents the Monks worship of the original God, Sojobo, and his gift of Ninjutsu to humans. Don't forget, the Tree and by extension the Fruit were worshipped like Gods. Would it not make sense to tribute these God's through the construction of statues and monuments? Perhaps these temples are centuries old. Who is to say when they were established? They could be relics of the Sage's time. Or the "image" of the God Tree in people's minds changed over time, either way, the idols being worshipped at the Temple of Fire represent the God Tree.

However, the Juubi is not able to completely suppress Sojobo and his power is able to manifest every 1000 years in the form of a fruit. Ever wonder why "No one knows why they aren't suppose to touch it?"

With people constantly at war, Sojobo notices a young princess seeking a way to end the blood shed.

"Being shape-shifters, tengu are capable of assuming a variety of forms or casting various illusions to deceive humans."

Sojobo is able to use his mastery of illusions to persuade the Princess that eating the fruit and becoming a God would help her people, when in turn it will curse them for generations.

But it wasn't about the Princess, it was about passing down Sojobo's blood, ensuring his influence over humanity. This is why it had to be a woman.

Point 2

Ever find this strange? Kaguya gets pregnant after she eats the fruit. This is not a coincidence. It was planned. Again, this is why it had to be a woman.

So now everything is in place for Sojobo. However the Juubi realizes what has happened and in an effort to end Sojobo's bloodline he attempts to kill Kaguya and her son Bagoromo, of course, he fails, and is sealed into the Sage.

The Sage, now harboring the Juubi and Sobojo's power splits them up before he dies.

Plan Continued: The Uchiha

The Uchiha are descendants of Sojobo all of the signs of there are for us.

"Ancient Japanese legend states that the Ninja clans descended from a creature called Tengu..."

"Sōjōbō is the mythical king of the tengu. He carries a fan made from seven feathers as a sign of his position at the top of tengu society."

"...a half-man-half-crow hybrid with the power to alter nature and the minds of men."

This is where the Uchiha's mastery of illusions (genjutsu) come from, the Tengu King Sojobo.

"Like many demons, they are often associated with the color red."

Not to mention, Sojobo's descendants have the ability to summon a spirited version of himself. (remember how I said I'd mention another place you've seen him.)

Don't tell me you never noticed the similarities between Susanoo and this guy..

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

Lets not forget the "Perfect Uchiha" Sasuke who's curse mark mode looks very similar to Sojobo as well..

And this page nearly seals the deal that Sasuke is being corrupted by a darker influence.

The Uchiha are descendants of Sojobo.

So to wrap this thing up.

"Ancient Japanese legend states that the Ninja clans descended from a creature called Tengu, a half-man-half-crow hybrid with the power to alter nature and the minds of men. Tengu's are said to enjoy spreading chaos and confusion in the human world."

Kishimoto has introduced Tengu into the story, this is undeniable, we have seen them throughout; whether it be statues or Susanoo. Given the real-life legends of Tengu, "that ninja descend from them and they enjoy spreading chaos" we have to at least consider what role (if any) that they may play.

You may be wondering, "where does this all lead?" Well if I had to guess..

Project Tsukuyomi, strange how the tablet led Madara to this plan. It even showed him how to obtain Rinnengan and piece the Juubi back together, yet strangely, it left off "why people shouldn't eat the fruit." Sojobo is and always was after complete control of humanity through an eternal illusion. Which remember, is the Tengu specialty.

If you were able to make it through then, thank you for reading :D

Last edited by Tebows Youth Group; 10-30-2013 at 01:22 AM.

Status
    May 2012

Re: The Final Villian we all missed. How he's been hiding right under our "noses"

Noses. Hah.

OT: Interesting perspective. I wouldn't doubt it. Kishi has included these mythological Gods so far. Would be interesting.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user no has status.

Re: The Final Villian we all missed. How he's been hiding right under our "noses"

Thank you. Like I said, its possible the statues we see are just out of respect to Kishi's background, but me thinks otherwise given the way the story is playing out. Obito is redeemable, Madara doesn't ring well as a "final villain". One last master puppeteer could tie this story together.

Status
    Dec 2012
    General PSXONE

Its pretty interesting tbh.. Who knows, people say Madara or Orochimaru will be the final villian, but according to your unique theory we dont know till we see..

Status
    Apr 2012
    I have ascended!

Mind = Blown...

Yes I agree with you. As soon as you showed the picture of Sobojo I was like, god damn he's right. This theory is extremely impressive and Ican't really find many faults in it. Besides the obvious it's speculation whether or not it's actually Sobojo(when manga proof shows it is actually him). I never actually questioned why no one was able to eat this fruit, or why the princess ate the fruit in the off chance that she might be able to end the war. This was an amazing read.

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user no has status.

Quote Originally Posted by General PSX360 View Post
    Its pretty interesting tbh.. Who knows, people say Madara or Orochimaru will be the final villian, but according to your unique theory we dont know till we see..
    The overall theme to the story has been that the real enemy is the "curse of hatred" that everyone seems to want to mention when justifying their actions. This is something Kishi has used over and over again, the problems we see in this world are due to the fact that people are warring over nothing but greed and revenge. With this in mind, you have to have a final villain that represents this idea. Obito was that villain, but it is becoming more and more apparent that he is going to be redeemed, especially given his back story. Orochimaru represents none of the, "evil" themes to this story, that being "the curse of hatred", he couldn't possibly fit as a final villain, it just wouldn't make sense. Madara fits, but because his main opposition is Hashirama and not Naruto, the prospect of him being "final" seems unlikely. That leaves us with Sasuke, who I believe is the reborn version of Sojobo, who of course, is the final villain. The one who perfectly epitomizes the "cycle of hatred" cus well...he started it.

Status
    Jun 2012
    There's a reason I'm better
    than the rest of you. It's
    because I was born superior -
    suck it!

Wow. That's all I can really say. Just wow! It may not be true, but damn do you have an eye for detail. Kishimoto has left us small hints of later things to happen in the manga along the way, such as Obito being the masked man. So now I honestly wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens.

That was some amazing deductive prowess right there man. Although, I'm pretty sure there won't be an arc about this guy because Kishimoto stated the manga is ending soon days. Would he really have the time for this kinda thing to happen if this was true? Maybe I guess. Possibly if it was done very soon now that Obito is beginning to fail Madara.

Either way. Rep for you man, I've gotta hand it to you. You done some good here with this theory. Very detailed and you read between the lines nicely.

Mafia Boss in Training Young Vongola's Avatar
    Status
    May 2013

I remember reading the original Uchiha/Hyuga/Tengu thing a while back, I was like 12 and that shit creeped me out. Anyways, I like this theory, but the only thing that doesn't sit right with me is thinking that Kaguya ate Sojobo.

Oh yeah, aren't there pictures of Tengus on the walls of the Uchiha hideout near the tablet?

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user no has status.

Quote Originally Posted by Inanimated View Post
    Mind = Blown...

Yes I agree with you. As soon as you showed the picture of Sobojo I was like, god damn he's right. This theory is extremely impressive and Ican't really find many faults in it. Besides the obvious it's speculation whether or not it's actually Sobojo(when manga proof shows it is actually him). I never actually questioned why no one was able to eat this fruit, or why the princess ate the fruit in the off chance that she might be able to end the war. This was an amazing read.
    Haha thank you. Yes the picture of Sojobo really slaps you in the face when you compare it to Susanoo. Kaguya eating the fruit always seemed suspicious to me. People want to justify it with, "she wanted to help her people", but I would make the argument that stelaing the fruit belonging to a God, especially one that you yourself worship, would do more harm than good, especially if you don't know what the fruit does exactly.

Thanks for reading. Glad you liked it!

Status
    Clear mind, silent and serene
    heart.

Awesome read!

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2011
    You would never guess, but its at my house ;)
    #TH United.

It was so interesting that i read the whole thing, it makes sense but i wonder if it will play out like that, i wouldn't be surprised tho.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

That's an awesome theory.. but if Sojobo is the juubi's rival.. why would he want the uchiha to bring back the juubi?... or maybe i missunderstood something

Status
    Aug 2012
    The Bastard of Bolton

This gave me chills. I love for some supernatural or godly being the grand manipulator behind all of this; somewhat separate from the Juubi. Question is, do ou believe he will remanifest soon?

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user no has status.

Quote Originally Posted by 0jordinio0 View Post
    Wow. That's all I can really say. Just wow! It may not be true, but damn do you have an eye for detail. Kishimoto has left us small hints of later things to happen in the manga along the way, such as Obito being the masked man. So now I honestly wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens.

That was some amazing deductive prowess right there man. Although, I'm pretty sure there won't be an arc about this guy because Kishimoto stated the manga is ending soon days. Would he really have the time for this kinda thing to happen if this was true? Maybe I guess. Possibly if it was done very soon now that Obito is beginning to fail Madara.

Either way. Rep for you man, I've gotta hand it to you. You done some good here with this theory. Very detailed and you read between the lines nicely.

Well, I try to look at it like this. Obito is redeemable. Given his similarity to Naruto (just look at the conversation theyre having) he is not a character that die "the villain." So people want to say that leaves us with Madara and Orochimaru. Oro, just doesn't fit the idea of what Kishi has been saying "the reason for all of the hate." He simply is greedy, however he is not perpetuating hate, he is not a final villain. Madara coincides with Hashirama, not Naruto, while he could be the final villain it doesn't seem like a good fit for a story called "Naruto", Madara has almost no connection to Naruto. So with all the suspects eliminated, you have to make time for a "final arc/villain". I believe I heard summer 2014 would be the end, but we'll see. I think there is ample time.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

i agree with your theory but if the one that reps the juubi at the temple door is in fact the juubi it would mean that the juubi is just a lesser form of tengu which is the karasu tengu the lower class form befor reaching a dai tengu

Status
    Nov 2012
    [Uchiha Obito No Chikara ∞]

This Sir, is a very awesome and nice Theory! And I hope that it won't stay just as a Theory. It would be so awesome if this comes out to be True. It would be Mind = Blowing.

One of the better Threads NB has to offer. Nice!

Status
    Aug 2012
    This user no has status.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrex View Post
    That's an awesome theory.. but if Sojobo is the juubi's rival.. why would he want the uchiha to bring back the juubi?... or maybe i missunderstood something
    Sojobo wants Moon's Eyes plan and for that you need the power of the Juubi. Don't forget what Madara said, "We have to give into the power of the Shinshu". This indicates that the Eye on the moon will not belong to Madara, but the tree itself. What he isn't aware of, is that the eye really belongs to Sojobo.

Prophetic Troll Slayer FemmeFatale's Avatar
    Status
    May 2013
    Trolls always get my threads
    deleted.

Nice Theory, I love it. Very well thought out. And I dont mean to go all typical Femme on you or anything but

Sasunoo------Yin seal (Yin Seal is Uzumaki/Senju related)...who are connect to Sage Mode

Status
    Jan 2012
    Dancing with the Devil !

It was an interesting read, though I think that its too late to bring in new characters.....just feels random.

Nontheless, nice theory.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Step into the mind of Logic.

Great theory bro makes sense if you really think about it.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»