View Poll Results: Your opinion? (After Reading Thread)

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Surprisingly good representation of them. Maybe they were stronger than they looked.

    2 15.38%
  • I've always known they were strong.

    6 46.15%
  • No, they are still weak with all these facts.

    5 38.46%
Page 1 of 3 123 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 70
  1. #1
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Why You're Probably Underestimating the Sound 4

    Orochimaru is a reasonable guy, he has ninja like Jugo, Kabuto, Suigetsu and Kimimaro and yet the band of Sound ninja he trusts the most to go and do his dirty work and collect LITERALLY THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO HIM (Sasuke's body) to the Sound 4. The Sound 4 get ripped on quite a lot, and fair enough. You'd probably call him 'fodder' and 'THEY GOT BEAT BY A BUNCH OF GENIN LOL' isn't a creative or a very reasonable comment at all.

    People underestimate these characters severely, they managed to ambush a top team of Leaf chunnin and jonin led by Shizune & Genma and effortlessly beat an angered Curse Mark Sasuke to a pulp (something Gaara couldn't do in the Chunnin exams) These guys have strength! They set traps and have good tactics, but the reason they all lose (other than the plot) is because they are all matched up badly. I mean, imagine if Tayuya got matched up with anyone BUT Shikamaru, let's say Chouji. Chouji is too slow and wouldn't be able to figure out her pretty impressive strategy and her strong summoning jutsu, he'd have been powerless with or without the pill. Imagine if Shikamaru ended up with Jirōbō! Not much time to come up with a strategy when you're being beaten to a pulp by a Chakra giant... We all KNOW what happened to Naruto when he got singled out by Kidomaru...



    Imagine if Naruto was alone and Kidomaru had stopped playing around...

    The problem is with these guys is that they all have pretty large personality flaws that each of the Sasuke Retrieval Team targets.

    Kidomaru



    Kidomaru plays with his food, giving Neji the perfect chance to work out his techniques. He can trap any enemy, has a strong projectile and also has the golden armour which is a pretty big deal. His golden armour means that most physical jutsu and attacks don't even phase him, a Gentle Fist user was literally the only thing that could cut his webs and keep up with the Spider summoning. Kidomaru's abilities by far make him the strongest member of the Sound 4 but it's clear that his weakness is in his personality and the way he fights.

    Jirōbō



    Jirōbō is definitely the weakest member but has an appetite and bullies his enemies, taunting Chouji isn't exactly a great thing to do and it led to his downfall, underestimating a genin with nothing left to lose and a HUGE suicide technique he was willing to use. His pure physical strength was ridiculous and maybe above the scale of Might Guy or Raikage A. Don't believe me?

    In Curse Mark Stage 2 he lifted a mountain-sized Chouji and threw him to the side in both the anime and manga. That's ridiculous. The guy got a 5/5 in strength in the databook and 4's for stamina and taijutsu. Really strong.



    Tayuya




    Tayuya is smug and is convinced that nobody could figure out her jutsu. Too bad she had Shikamaru otherwise she could've possibly beaten every other member. Her Phantom Sound Chains cripple almost all foes or at the very least create a 5 second opening for the others to unleash hell. Her abilities are very tough to work out and her summoning is pretty devastating too.

    Sakon/Ukon


    Sakon and Ukon were actually most likely going to win theirs if it had gone on much longer. There's not much to comment on with the Kiba/Sakon fight- Not much to say... Other than the fact that he's EXTREMELY hard to kill. Orochimaru comments that Sakon is most likely the strongest member and Tayuya has the 'heart that burns just as hot' so make of that what you will. Literally any other arrangement and Shikamaru's squad would've all died...

    Also can I add to the fact that...THEY WERE FOURTEEN YEARS OLD!? Like seriously, I bet you didn't know that. All of the Sound 4 are fourteen years old, they're mere months older than Naruto and his squad, meaning that if they had gotten the chance to develop like the rest of the characters in this show....They would've been demons. They could've been stronger than the majority of the Akatsuki.



    Not to mention, their teamwork was pretty good. They knew each other well enough to know that Shikamaru was impersonating a fake Jirobo just from a few seconds of talking and before they got split up they seemed almost faultless.

    Their jutsus cover each other and we never got to see them fighting together. Their abilities are so good that even Kabuto, a guy who has access to Madara and other legendary ninja, still infused their abilities into himself because they were so useful. I'm sick of seeing these Chunnin rank ninja (with Jonin/Low Kage level abilities and jutsus) ESPECIALLY CURSE MARK COUGH CURSE MARK COUGH being slacked off and being treated like they're bottom of the barrel ninja.
     
         
    Last edited by numbers; 11-02-2013 at 03:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Necromancer4276's Avatar
    Status
    Necromancer4276 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Between this and the other world.
    Posts
    9,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    They're good. But only by part 1 standards. At this point in the story they ARE bottom of the barrel.
     
         

  3. #3
    The Ghostly One the eagle's Avatar
    Status
    the eagle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently reading Akame Ga
    Kiru
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Good thread,I'm a huge fan of the Sound 4 and it's sad they don't get more praise.
     
         

  4. #4
    The Ghostly One the eagle's Avatar
    Status
    the eagle is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7,559
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently reading Akame Ga
    Kiru
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    They're good. But only by part 1 standards. At this point in the story they ARE bottom of the barrel.
    That's because they did'nt have the chance to develop after Part 1,there's a reason Kabuto absorbed their abilities into himself.
     
         

  5. #5
    Nine-tailed fox Youmu Aya San's Avatar
    Status
    Aya San is online now
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    at Mister Donuts
    Posts
    16,684
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 Kawaii to live 2 Sugoi to
    die
    .
     



    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Did you just said they'd be stronger than Akatsuki had they survived?
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member KidGamer65's Avatar
    Status
    KidGamer65 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    21,072
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    This is Part II. They are garbage compared to Part II Shinobi.
     
         

  7. #7
    Necromancer4276's Avatar
    Status
    Necromancer4276 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Between this and the other world.
    Posts
    9,859
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peace is a Lie, there is only
    Passion.
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by the eagle View Post
    That's because they did'nt have the chance to develop after Part 1,there's a reason Kabuto absorbed their abilities into himself.
    Well obviously... but they weren't. So anything more is wishful thinking.
     
         

  8. #8
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Necromancer4276 View Post
    They're good. But only by part 1 standards. At this point in the story they ARE bottom of the barrel.
    Of course at this point with demigods flying around but these guys aren't to be entirely overlooked. Their combined power would honestly make them as much of a threat as an enemy like Kisame or Killer Bee in my opinion. The thread was more going for the fact that...

    They're 14 years old and imagine how much stronger they could've become with the same amount of training and time to progress as rest of Naruto's generation.
     
         

  9. #9
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by chiucho View Post
    Did you just said they'd be stronger than Akatsuki had they survived?
    They had the potential to be stronger than the majority of the Akatsuki, yes that is what i'm saying. (Obviously not Itachi, Nagato or Obito)
     
         

  10. #10
    \( ° - ° )/ metapod's Avatar
    Status
    metapod is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    derp side of the moon
    Posts
    13,248
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amen sis
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    I like them and their abilities.
    Nice read.
     
         

  11. #11
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by caterpillar View Post
    I like them and their abilities.
    Nice read.
    Glad somebody appreciated it :')

    What really confuses me is why they weren't kept alive and went on to form Taka with Sasuke in Part II....
     
         

  12. #12
    I've taken ogre Shrek's Avatar
    Status
    Shrek is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Swamp
    Posts
    15,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naruto is nearly ogre so i
    finally decided to join.
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by KidGamer65 View Post
    This is Part II. They are garbage compared to Part II Shinobi.
    this.Ten characters
     
         

  13. #13
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Jamison View Post
    this.Ten characters
    Then this thread wasn't made for you. Go talk about Minato or some Uchiha TBB fireballs or something. This thread was about the fact that they're not as weak as people make them out to be. They had the potential to be huge but they didn't get it, and that's okay but it's still an interesting thing to talk about.

    Great sig by the way.
     
         

  14. #14
    I've taken ogre Shrek's Avatar
    Status
    Shrek is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    The Swamp
    Posts
    15,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Naruto is nearly ogre so i
    finally decided to join.
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by numbers View Post
    Then this thread wasn't made for you. Go talk about Minato or some Uchiha TBB fireballs or something. This thread was about the fact that they're not as weak as people make them out to be. They had the potential to be huge but they didn't get it, and that's okay but it's still an interesting thing to talk about.
    I never called them weak moron.

    i just agreed with someone else post, they're garbage against the higher top part 2 shinobi that doesn't make them weak.

    maybe if you think before replying maybe just maybe you wouldn't be so offended by this.
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member Tera Path's Avatar
    Status
    Tera Path is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Good ol' southern hemisphere.
    Posts
    2,221
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bob is nothing.
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by numbers View Post
    Of course at this point with demigods flying around but these guys aren't to be entirely overlooked. Their combined power would honestly make them as much of a threat as an enemy like Kisame or Killer Bee in my opinion. The thread was more going for the fact that...

    They're 14 years old and imagine how much stronger they could've become with the same amount of training and time to progress as rest of Naruto's generation.
    Who cares if they were 14 year olds.
    Some of the strongest people in this series are teens.
     
         

  16. #16
    Member
    Status
    gullagullagulla is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    322
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Everything you say is true. This is also isn't to mention that the other three strong henchmen Orochimaru had weren't viable for various reasons - Suigetsu because Orochimaru didn't trust him apparently, or why would he have been locked up in a water tank; Jugo because he couldn't be guaranteed to not go nuts and forget the mission; Kimimaro because he was dying.
     
         

  17. #17
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Jamison View Post
    I never called them weak moron.

    i just agreed with someone else post, they're garbage against the higher top part 2 shinobi that doesn't make them weak.

    maybe if you think before replying maybe just maybe you wouldn't be so offended by this.
    And did I say anything about Shippuden in the original post? I didn't even say you called them weak -.-

    Stop being so intense all the time, I wasn't even being defensive or disrespectful- go find some thread you do like and talk about that, jfc.
     
         
    Last edited by numbers; 11-02-2013 at 04:04 PM.

  18. #18
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by gullagullagulla View Post
    Everything you say is true. This is also isn't to mention that the other three strong henchmen Orochimaru had weren't viable for various reasons - Suigetsu because Orochimaru didn't trust him apparently, or why would he have been locked up in a water tank; Jugo because he couldn't be guaranteed to not go nuts and forget the mission; Kimimaro because he was dying.
    Very good point. They did also happen to be the most loyal.
     
         

  19. #19
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by Tera Path View Post
    Who cares if they were 14 year olds.
    Some of the strongest people in this series are teens.
    Not in part 1 they weren't.
     
         

  20. #20
    #TH Flawž's Avatar
    Status
    Flawž is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Mount Myōboku
    Posts
    12,109
    Post Thanks / Like
    Won't be on much these days.
    :/
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    K11 fodderized them with mid difficulty. I don't think im underrating them.
     
         

  21. #21
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by KingFlawz View Post
    K11 fodderized them with mid difficulty. I don't think im underrating them.
    Did you even read the thread?
     
         

  22. #22
    Senior Member johnny scars's Avatar
    Status
    johnny scars is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,259
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    i agree!, if they lived, oro would of given them stronger curse marks which would of made them way storenger
     
         

  23. #23
    Prophetic Troll Slayer FemmeFatale's Avatar
    Status
    FemmeFatale is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Spirit Realm
    Posts
    10,965
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trolls always get my threads
    deleted.
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Tayuya is the only bad ass one worth praise, the others are fodder.
     
         

  24. #24
    薬師カブト Yakushi Kabuto numbers's Avatar
    Status
    numbers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    11,271
    Post Thanks / Like
    #1 Yakushi Fan
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    Quote Originally Posted by FemmeFatale View Post
    Tayuya is the only bad ass one worth praise, the others are fodder.
    Was the second strongest. Sounds like bias to me Femme.

     
         
    Last edited by numbers; 11-02-2013 at 04:16 PM.

  25. #25
    2番目のソロ sagemode07's Avatar
    Status
    sagemode07 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chillin With Ya Boy
    Posts
    1,770
    Post Thanks / Like
    UNBANNABLE
     

    Re: Why You're Probably Underrating the Sound 4 V2

    They didn't have much potential...
     
         

Page 1 of 3 123 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •