Akatsuki Member USSJ Future Trunks's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Why hate on Buu arc Gohan?

in cell arc/freeza he was a screaming raging berserker. which is fine if you like that sort of character, but gohan is a nice little kid who hates fighting FROM THE BEGINNING. from the very first time we see him. he was literally forced into fighting by an abusive green slug man.
    chichi had SOME influence but dont you think gohan would have realised later in life "hey maybe i dont like books, maybe i want to punch people and break their bones" once he was out on his own with a wife and child? but that never happened because gohan stayed true to his roots and who he was.

why on earth would it be "lazy or "falling from grace" to go from a psychopath berserker raging brute who flies off the handle every time he sees a friend hut, putting everyone in danger,
    to a grown sensible young man who's heroic, selfless, intelligent, well behaved, caring for others, and a geniunely good family man trying to raise a family?
    that makes no sense.
    the only reason he would ever recieve hate is either the saiyaman schtick (intended as a parody by toriyama anyway) or the fact he got less and less battle time.
    well its not like cell was his only big fight. he still held his own vs galactic alien invaders after that and was a useful powerful member of the team. hell after the 7 year timeskip, he was the second strongest being alive/unsealed. hows that for strong and useful huh?

gohan has always struggled with his saiyan side. yet recieves hate when he conquers it and becomes clear minded and calm for the most part? it took his girlfriend being TORTURED and almost killed right in freaking front of him, for gohan to get even within one iota of the rage he felt against cell. and even then he only went ssj1.

this is a demonstration of development and change done well and correct. not "forever ruining a badass omg". isnt it in cell arc that he was either a pusscake pacifist who refused to fight at all, or a psychopathic torturer who put everyone at risk? thats the kind of hands you want to put the safety of earth in? you kidding me goku? neither of these personas are suitable, and toriyama picked up on that, retiring gohan back to the secondary role he had in saiyan/freeza arcs. its not like he was phased out completely. gohan was active in buu arc and did all he possibly could to prevent buu's revival.

the only argument any hater could possibly have now is the argument he got weaker. well no not really. his opponents simply got stronger whereas he learned to bury the rage he used to have and fight with a clear mind. which is only a problem because his power source for the longest time was that rage. im sorry but having an unstable hulk-boy in charge of your planet's defence is a horrible idea. especially when the only person who can restrain him if he does lose his shit is VEGETA. gohan retiring from combat altogether till he could control himself was the best possible decision he could have made. if anything the events of cell arc poisoned his mind even more against fighting and what it does to people.

but hey if you like the ignorant raging little children who care more about blasting landscapes to calm wise adults who love their wives and children, be my guest. this rant obviously didnt convince you.

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn Dude. Yoruichi is my
    waifu.

Re: Why hate on Buu arc Gohan?

Another one huh? Too late for me to read. I just want to up my rank...

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Praise the Sun.

TL;DR
    I liked Buu arc Gohan.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everybody dies in the summer

You think that anyone will read that ?

You will burn Veritas. Sir Blades of Chaos's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    You would never guess, but its at my house ;)
    Post Thanks / Like
    #TH United.

This was literally YEARS AGO, i don't get why people are still makings threads about it. Especially this past week.Geez never have i seen something like this. I hope we aren't still arguing about naruto 20 years from now.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you thought about pursuing a career in journalism? I think it would suit you well, you'd get to spend all day writing about a bunch of bullshit no one cares about.

You will burn Veritas. Sir Blades of Chaos's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    You would never guess, but its at my house ;)
    Post Thanks / Like
    #TH United.

Quote Originally Posted by Yo pappy View Post
    Have you thought about pursuing a career in journalism? I think it would suit you well, you'd get to spend all day writing a bunch of bullshit no one cares about.
    You always have something witty to say, i like that. Keep it coming.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only place i'm allowed to
    cry are in the bathroom and in
    dad's arms.

i read half of this then realized i dont like any version of Gohan.

Army destroyer Madara ibn Lahad's Avatar
    Status
    May 2013
    in Akatsuki hide out,eating with Zetsu,counting money with Kakuzu,going over plans with Madara.
    Post Thanks / Like
    A piece of wood,with metal
    under it and wheels,simple but
    brings joy to thousands of
    people around the world...the
    skateboard

I read the first line.. But then I remembered the amount of ****s I didn't give...

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Solo Goddess Leone

. Is there a thread that you've made where you aren't b*tching about something no one cares about?

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    With Solo Goddess Leone

Have you thought about pursuing a career in journalism? I think it would suit you well, you'd get to spend all day writing about a bunch of bullshit no one cares about.
    . This^^^.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Blades of Chaos View Post
    You always have something witty to say, i like that. Keep it coming.
    I was gonna say thank you, but after careful deliberation I've come to the realization that you're only saying that because I haven't said anything witty about you yet. So instead of a thank you I leave you with the following:

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attack on Titan/Akame Ga
    kill/Code
    Breaker/Coppelion/Deadman
    Wonderland = Favorite mangas.

lol this guy , gets me everytime .

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapey View Post
    Yeah, pretty much.

Side note:You know when you think about it, Hercule almost solo'ed Buu, and would have if it weren't for those pesky kids and that darn dog

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am pure of heart

Quote Originally Posted by kladarakun View Post
    I just read his ranting

Banned
    Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fastest thing alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapey View Post
    That's fine because you're Tomoyo.

Quote Originally Posted by kladarakun View Post
    I just did.

OT: I never really cared for Gohan to begin with, I hardly care for DBZ with all the anime I've watched by now. Me not liking Gohan from the beginning really didn't help as he progressed. I thought SSJ2 Gohan was cool, but I didn't even like him for long either. I just plain don't like the guy, I guess. There's just always a problem with him. I'm glad he wasn't a favorite of mine back when I was a bigger fan of DBZ, because it would suck to watch him get sonned all the time.

Unfortunately, I was a Vegeta fan.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

like you then? and you cared enough to respond so yeah whos the bullshit really?

The "Nice-Guy" [Pose] AfricanProdigy's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status.......or Do They?
    Suigetsu, Kakashi, Deidara,
    Nagato FTW

Quote Originally Posted by USSJ Future Trunks View Post
    like you then? and you cared enough to respond so yeah whos the bullshit really?
    If he really was talking about a "bunch of bullshit that no one cares about" then wouldn't you say you're also the fool because you cared to respond as well when if you really didn't care about what he said, you wouldn't have responded?

#datlogicdoe #nicetry

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i was wondering why he would respond if he didnt care. how is that proof i cared what he was saying? questioning someone on why they typed anything at all is not proof i cared what the person was typing

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

TBH I didn't really like Gohan until the Cell games he was always too weak willed and never wanted to fight. Hell he is responsible for Piccolo dying. And (I can't believe I am saying this) USSJ Trunks is right Gohan only got better after the Cell games when his character and personality were more fleshed out. And one of the best scenes of Gohan was when he just casually walked up to Super Buu and proceeded to roflstomp his ass..

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

TBH I didn't really like Gohan until the Cell games he was always too weak willed and never wanted to fight
    actually that was only until nappa's death. from then on gohan was perfectly willing to fight superpowered aliens and went toe to toe with vegeta and freeza.
    and actually gohan in cell games was the most weak willed and psychopathic of them all. he initially bowed out of throwing a single punch because the fight is "pointless". cell even pointed out to him that the "meaning" of the fight is earth's very survival. and gohan still didnt fight him like with countless other enemies.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

actually that was only until nappa's death. from then on gohan was perfectly willing to fight superpowered aliens and went toe to toe with vegeta and freeza.
    and actually gohan in cell games was the most weak willed and psychopathic of them all. he initially bowed out of throwing a single punch because the fight is "pointless". cell even pointed out to him that the "meaning" of the fight is earth's very survival. and gohan still didnt fight him like with countless other enemies.
    Yeah but he always hesitated even in the Frieza Saga. And he was only ever truly strong when he got mad. Sure he did somewhat well against the Ginyu force but he couldn't touch Frieza but then when he got angry all of the sudden he was hitting Frieza when no one else could it seemed.. Still though he got a lot better during/after the Cell Games..

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

no. no he didnt. he hesitated once when he fought ginyu in his father's body and was convinced to fight even then.

and cell games was his lowest point as a character. he took several steps back from the amount of manliness he gained vs freeza, becoming either psychotic or a coward. he took another entire arc to get back to where he was originally.

Status
    Mar 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    SSJ God

no. no he didnt. he hesitated once when he fought ginyu in his father's body and was convinced to fight even then.

and cell games was his lowest point as a character. he took several steps back from the amount of manliness he gained vs freeza, becoming either psychotic or a coward. he took another entire arc to get back to where he was originally.
    I don't buy that Cell games was his lowest point as a character. To me it's the exact opposite he trained in the HTC with Goku and was intent on becoming stronger to help his friends and family and went SSJ for the first time and was the youngest SSJ to actually earn it unlike Goten and Trunks who could for some reason just turn SSJ. It was the first time that he trained on his own volition and wasn't forced into it. And in the Buu arc he didn't really train he jus sat there while Old Kai brought out his latent abilities. Don't get me wring Mystic Gohan is still my favorite Gohan because of how badass he was going up against Buu but your wrong about the Cell games Gohan as well.