Sith Lord of the Lawyers Darthlawsuit's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need additional Phylons

Gun Confication Letters being sent out

Well then, to those of you still believing that gun registration doesn't lead to confiscation here is a letter from the Terrible city of New York:

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Gun Confication Letters being sent out

they bring this shit to north carolina, there gonna have to come take mine

Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not see the end of our
    speeches, for words may be
    answered with words.

Posting mainly to point out that for some reason I can't see the images. Also - this issues seem to be agitating you a lot for a long time. But you are mostly at the wrong forum for it. We have a lot of members from USA but not all of us are from there. And those who are from USA either already agree with you or have made up their minds already or don't really care that much it seems .

Anyway... From what I see both sides seem to be presenting either extreme cases or jumping the gun exaggerating some of the issues.

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need additional Phylons

Quote Originally Posted by slimreaper View Post
    they bring this shit to north carolina, there gonna have to come take mine
    Keep it out of North Carolina, vote against the gun grabbers! Don't let them rule over you like a king rules his subjects! We didn't fight and die in the revolutionary war for our government, we fought it so every American can live in a free country!

Quote Originally Posted by Ira View Post
    Posting mainly to point out that for some reason I can't see the images. Also - this issues seem to be agitating you a lot for a long time. But you are mostly at the wrong forum for it. We have a lot of members from USA but not all of us are from there. And those who are from USA either already agree with you or have made up their minds already or don't really care that much it seems .

Anyway... From what I see both sides seem to be presenting either extreme cases or jumping the gun exaggerating some of the issues.
    Can you see this image? Posted it elsewhere

Also I am not blowing it out, I am showing what is happening in states that are enacting gun control. The same thing is happening in Canada as well. This isn't an extreme case, this is the norm.

Last edited by Darthlawsuit; 11-28-2013 at 03:33 AM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thread Killer

Summed up right here.

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    answered with words.

Well around here gun laws are already pretty restricted. You need a license and then only you may lawfully acquire, possess or transfer a firearm or ammunition and even then automatic firearms are not allowed. Getting a license is not that easy either.

There is a large difference in population of India and USA but I was looking at a chart just now and it shows 32000+ deaths by guns in USA while only 6000+ for India...

Rate of All Gun Deaths per 100,000 People

In India, the annual rate of all gun deaths per 100,000 population is
    2008: 0.553

In the United States, the annual rate of all gun deaths per 100,000 population is

2011: 10.3

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/co...gun_deaths/194

Just random Google at the moment. Not sure how valid - besides it seem the data is collected from different years ( 2008 for India and 2011 for USA) Still that's a huge difference.

Edit: Yea, now I can see the image.

Last edited by Ira; 11-28-2013 at 04:37 AM.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best of the 2013 generation.

Well around here gun laws are already pretty restricted. You need a license and then only you may lawfully acquire, possess or transfer a firearm or ammunition and even then automatic firearms are not allowed. Getting a license is not that easy either.
    Same here, only except it is a tad easier getting a license. After so many rounds per minute, it gets restricted.

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Need additional Phylons

There is a large difference in population of India and USA but I was looking at a chart just now and it shows 32000+ deaths by guns in USA while only 6000+ for India...

Rate of All Gun Deaths per 100,000 People

In India, the annual rate of all gun deaths per 100,000 population is
    2008: 0.553

In the United States, the annual rate of all gun deaths per 100,000 population is

2011: 10.3

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/co...gun_deaths/194

Just random Google at the moment. Not sure how valid - besides it seem the data is collected from different years ( 2008 for India and 2011 for USA) Still that's a huge difference.

Edit: Yea, now I can see the image.
    Notice something in your statistics? You are ONLY counting Gun Deaths seems you do not care about rape, knives, or other methods of killing people. Why is it that you only care about people being killed by a gun, what about everyone else that has been killed by various other methods? Let's look at the numbers WITHOUT being biased towards a certain weapon:

USA Intentional Homicides: 14,612
    India Intentional Homicides: 42,923

USA POP: 313,900,000
    India POP: 1,028,737,436

USA Homicides per 100,000 = 4.65
    India Homicides per 100,000 = 4.17

Almost ALL of our homicides are with guns, an abnormally large amount of them come from gun-free zones; Almost all of our self defense cases are with guns as well. It is rather difficult to get an exact number here because many cases are not reported as they STOPPED a crime from happening but here is a series of methods of calculating it:

Besides the NSDS and NCVS surveys, ten national and three state surveys summarized by Kleck and Gertz gave 764 thousand to 3.6 million "Defensive Gun Uses" per year.
    If we banned Gangs and stopped letting gang wars happen our rates would be SO much lower. Gangs cause most of our problems and the police are too scared to deal with them.

Also, the US murder rate with a gun is 11,078 the rest is suicide.

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    answered with words.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlawsuit View Post
    Notice something in your statistics? You are ONLY counting Gun Deaths seems you do not care about rape, knives, or other methods of killing people. Why is it that you only care about people being killed by a gun, what about everyone else that has been killed by various other methods? Let's look at the numbers WITHOUT being biased towards a certain weapon:

USA Intentional Homicides: 14,612
    India Intentional Homicides: 42,923

USA POP: 313,900,000
    India POP: 1,028,737,436

USA Homicides per 100,000 = 4.65
    India Homicides per 100,000 = 4.17

Almost ALL of our homicides are with guns, an abnormally large amount of them come from gun-free zones; Almost all of our self defense cases are with guns as well. It is rather difficult to get an exact number here because many cases are not reported as they STOPPED a crime from happening but here is a series of methods of calculating it:

If we banned Gangs and stopped letting gang wars happen our rates would be SO much lower. Gangs cause most of our problems and the police are too scared to deal with them.

Also, the US murder rate with a gun is 11,078 the rest is suicide.

Rate of Homicide per 100,000 People (any method)
    In India, the annual rate of homicide by any means per 100,000 population is

2011: 3.5

Rate of Homicide per 100,000 People (any method)
    In the United States, the annual rate of homicide by any means per 100,000 population is

2011: 5.1

In the United States, annual deaths resulting from firearms total

2011: 32,163

In India, annual unintentional shooting deaths total

2008: 479

In the United States, annual unintentional shooting deaths total

2011: 851

Your stats are off for you ignored the average. And you didn't give me the source either... are you using the same site as me? India has a larger population keep that in mind.

Indian population : 1,237,010,000 November 28, 2013
    United States : 317,154,000 November 28, 2013

I wonder if we make keeping guns easier and their number goes up would it affect the crime rate or deaths in increase. For people do not use other weapons without intending serious harm that easily. Temptation of pulling the trigger on the other hand..

Last edited by Ira; 11-29-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best of the 2013 generation.

If people didn't have guns, they would use other things.

Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    answered with words.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin. View Post
    If people didn't have guns, they would use other things.
    Of course. If someone is hell bent on committing a crime they will find a weapon anyway. Sometimes it's just about ease of access and temptation. In many gun related homicides here - the crime was not pre meditated. People just happen to have gun on them and used it on slightest provocation or just because of ego issues.

Anyway I am not involved in for and against debate.I checked the data and compared it out of curiosity. There are always some plus and minus of every such action and at times we need to balance it out with proper checks.

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happens if you're scared
    half to death twice?

Of course. If someone is hell bent on committing a crime they will find a weapon anyway. Sometimes it's just about ease of access and temptation. In many gun related homicides here - the crime was not pre meditated. People just happen to have gun on them and used it on slightest provocation or just because of ego issues.

Anyway I am not involved in for and against debate.I checked the data and compared it out of curiosity. There are always some plus and minus of every such action and at times we need to balance it out with proper checks.
    You're not taking into account the actual population. You're just saying we have more people but less incidents with guns while America has less people and more incidents.

The real ratio should be somewhere within x amount of incidents for x amount of guns. Ie. If I have 10 people, 1 gun, 1 incident. I have a 100% rate of incident vs 10 people, 10 guns, 1 incident at only 10%.

So the average I'd say would be more along the lines of...

India

Estimated guns possession: 3.36/100
    Estimated overall guns: 40,000,000
    Deaths by Firearm in 2008: 6219

My ratio of deaths/guns: 0.0155% of the guns in India are actually used to take the life of a human, whether it be intentional or accident.

USA

Estimated guns possession: 101.5/100
    Estimated overall guns: 270,000,000-310,000,000
    Deaths by Firearm in 2008: 31593

My ratio of deaths/guns: 0.0117-0.0101% of the guns in America are actually used to take the life of a human, whether it be intentional or accident.

That means, in India, you have a higher chance of being killed by an owner of a gun then you do in America.

Furthermore, the main issue Americans are having about gun control isn't the fact to protect their families, to use for sport, etc. The main reason Americans are upset is because, to bear arms is our Constitutional Right. As an American, we're entitled to freedom. To take away just 1 Right on our Constitution is showing us that the government has the power to take away all our rights. We don't fight for weapons that can kill, we fight for freedom that our ancestors had to stain their hands and die for.

Last edited by Jonesy161; 11-28-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well ..... Reloads after 5 shots, not that bad yet.