Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    House Targaryen

Itachi, Orochimaru, and Akatsuki

I just had a thought.

I think I know Itachi why did not kill Orochimaru when he could have back when the latter tried to steal the former's body.
    Could it be because he knew Orochimaru would leave Akatsuki after that, then become an enemy of Akatsuki? That he knew Orochimaru's potential as an enemy of Akatsuki?
    Orochimaru is not dumb, and he is not weak. Orochimaru is a Sannin. And he proved to be a hated enemy of Akatsuki.

Dat Itachi

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Itachi, Orochimaru, and Akatsuki

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenSound View Post
    I just had a thought.

I think I know Itachi why did not kill Orochimaru when he could have back when the latter tried to steal the former's body.
    Could it be because he knew Orochimaru would leave Akatsuki after that, then become an enemy of Akatsuki? That he knew Orochimaru's potential as an enemy of Akatsuki?
    Orochimaru is not dumb, and he is not weak. Orochimaru is a Sannin. And he proved to be a hated enemy of Akatsuki.

Dat Itachi
    Itachi couldn't have predicted that Orochimaru would leave Akatsuki. The reason he didn't kill him was because they were theoretically "comrades" - there was just that essence between Akatsuki members to show each other their powers. We don't know why Orochimaru left Akatsuki, most probably he did something against the laws and they wanted to kill him.

Status
    Feb 2013
    floating on a damn cloud with a pound of some stank dank next to me
    Post Thanks / Like
    the law is like a cobwebb, it
    captures the weak but
    insuffiecient to hold the
    strong

Hmmmmm prolly but idk....but why exactly did orochimaru quit akatsuki?

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Titania

May be possible,,,,

But itachi soloed orochimaru, U_u

Banned
    Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    She think I'm a window of
    opportunity, close curtains.

That's a nice perspective on the situation. Why not let Akatsuki pick up more enemies over time?!

And because you can't kill Orochimaru.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    House Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by miromiro View Post
    Itachi couldn't have predicted that Orochimaru would leave Akatsuki. The reason he didn't kill him was because they were theoretically "comrades" - there was just that essence between Akatsuki members to show each other their powers. We don't know why Orochimaru left Akatsuki, most probably he did something against the laws and they wanted to kill him.
    I disagree. Itachi is smart, and could easily have predicted what Orochimaru did next. It doesn't really take a genius to see what would happen next.
    And we do know why Orochimaru left Akatsuki, it was for that exact reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi4real View Post
    Hmmmmm prolly but idk....but why exactly did orochimaru quit akatsuki?
    After failing to take Itachi's body.
    Quote Originally Posted by jigar7007 View Post
    May be possible,,,,

But itachi soloed orochimaru, U_u
    Captain Obvious returns
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheroc View Post
    That's a nice perspective on the situation. Why not let Akatsuki pick up more enemies over time?!

And because you can't kill Orochimaru.
    Exactly

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I disagree. Itachi is smart, and could easily have predicted what Orochimaru did next. It doesn't really take a genius to see what would happen next.
    And we do know why Orochimaru left Akatsuki, it was for that exact reason.
    So... he left because he was unable to steal Itachi's body?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    GKU > UNIVRZ

Itachi had no reason to kill him. He was the member of Akatsuki - Nagato would've hanged him.

Not to mention, Itachi is no philosopher. When he left, Itachi couldn't wander off to try and find Orochimaru. What's the point?

Itachi probably knew about the Curse Mark and transfer project so he waited for him to come with Sasuke somehow to kill him.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    captures the weak but
    strong

I guess so....and he dudnt even try to attempt to again...

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Konohamuramu > Hiruzen

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaNagashi View Post
    Itachi had no reason to kill him. He was the member of Akatsuki - Nagato would've hanged him.

Not to mention, Itachi is no philosopher. When he left, Itachi couldn't wander off to try and find Orochimaru. What's the point?

Itachi probably knew about the Curse Mark and transfer project so he waited for him to come with Sasuke somehow to kill him.
    One does not simply "hang" the solo king

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    House Targaryen

That's what Narutopedia says, and that's the most likely answer. It was never explicitly stated, but knowing Orochimaru, that was most likely the case.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    captures the weak but
    strong

Whats the purpose of nagato hanging itachi( IF HE COULD)?

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    And I'm not masturbating but
    I'm feeling myself.

I always figured Itachi decided not to kill Orochimaru because he was a pacifist. He preferred not to kill, he didn't care for it because of the war he saw at such a young age. Honestly, I'm pretty sure Itachi's genjutsu fighting style is all due to his pacifist ways.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That's what Narutopedia says, and that's the most likely answer. It was never explicitly stated, but knowing Orochimaru, that was most likely the case.
    This doesn't sound like a reason to leave Akatsuki to be honest, only because you're unable to take one's body doesn't mean you have to leave the whole organization. This also doesn't justify why Akatsuki were after him after he left, this actually tells us he's done something wrong to the organization itself.

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

Yeah, not so much. Kakuzu killed dozens of his partners before he was finally partnered with Hidan, who couldn't be killed. However, that didn't seem to be a problem, as he was simply assigned new ones.

OT: Pretty plausible.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That's because the both worked for Danzo

Both were spies

Itachi has nothing against oro

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    m o n s t e r

Knowing Itachi , it's plausible .

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    House Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro Kami View Post
    I always figured Itachi decided not to kill Orochimaru because he was a pacifist. He preferred not to kill, he didn't care for it because of the war he saw at such a young age. Honestly, I'm pretty sure Itachi's genjutsu fighting style is all due to his pacifist ways.
    That's what I thought before. I just added on to that idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by VariaBossX View Post

Both were spies

I don't think Orochimaru was working for Konoha at that time.

Akatsuki Member USSJ Future Trunks's Avatar
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

and to the entire planet since hes a selfish mass murderer who executed hiruzen for the lulz. no itachis actions were purely cowardly and selfish

Both were spies

everyone knew orochimaru as an unrepetent sociopath who laughed in jiraiyas face and massacred kids to make yamato. spy or not, oro was a terrorist thug.
    kakuzu and hidan massacred their partners with no punishment given out. its leaving that is the problem here. obito got so freaking mad when konan left. also no reason? how about in the fukin interest of saving fukin lives

Not to mention, Itachi is no philosopher. When he left, Itachi couldn't wander off to try and find Orochimaru.
    um yes he could. he didnt because he doesnt want to protect innocent people
    I always figured Itachi decided not to kill Orochimaru because he was a pacifist. He preferred not to kill
    itachi killed his clan because they were going ot hurt even more people. he had a choice and made it. orochimaru gave him a choice too. "kill me here or i will continue on my child massacring way unopposed and destroy konoha on a whim"
    itachi chose to let thousands of people die and let a known mass murdering sociopath go without the slightest hint of capture or sealing. i mean yes he doesnt want to kill. yet doesnt he have totsuka? cant he beat him down and show him to nagato and say "yeah this rat fuk tried to off me, kill him boss". but no, itachi hit his head and became braindamagingly stupid.

he didn't care for it because of the war he saw at such a young age. Honestly, I'm pretty sure Itachi's genjutsu fighting style is all due to his pacifist ways.
    itachi is a brutal evil sociopath whos guilty of the worst act of murder and death in narutoverses history, the uchiha massacre. so dont tell me hes all against killing when he has probably the biggest body count. plus all the people that would die if not for outside help on itachis orders, like when he told sasuke to kill his own friends. only reason narutos not dead is kyuubi. if killing and death so disgusted him then the thought of sasuke doing it would have been even worse. but it wasnt. he casually ordered a slaughter
    One does not simply "hang" the solo king
    one does not simply spy on obito
    . Itachi is smart,
    which is why he stood back and did nothing for 10 years
    The reason he didn't kill him was because they were theoretically "comrades" - there was just that essence between Akatsuki members to show each other their powers
    that doesnt explain why he wouldnt go after orochimaru after that. or any other villain for that matter

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This is plausible since I don't think any one knows why Oro actually left. Also I think Itachi took the arm as punishment much like hiruzen sealing his arms

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm going to have to agree. During the three way Sannin showdown Orochimaru was going to leave Naruto alive out of respect for the Akatsuki until he'd already mastered the resengan as a genin and knew that the strongest tailed beast inside a kid like that would spell trouble for him in the future.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    House Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by USSJ Future Trunks View Post
    and to the entire planet since hes a selfish mass murderer who executed hiruzen for the lulz. no itachis actions were purely cowardly and selfish

everyone knew orochimaru as an unrepetent sociopath who laughed in jiraiyas face and massacred kids to make yamato. spy or not, oro was a terrorist thug.

kakuzu and hidan massacred their partners with no punishment given out. its leaving that is the problem here. obito got so freaking mad when konan left. also no reason? how about in the fukin interest of saving fukin lives

um yes he could. he didnt because he doesnt want to protect innocent people

itachi killed his clan because they were going ot hurt even more people. he had a choice and made it. orochimaru gave him a choice too. "kill me here or i will continue on my child massacring way unopposed and destroy konoha on a whim"
    itachi chose to let thousands of people die and let a known mass murdering sociopath go without the slightest hint of capture or sealing. i mean yes he doesnt want to kill. yet doesnt he have totsuka? cant he beat him down and show him to nagato and say "yeah this rat fuk tried to off me, kill him boss". but no, itachi hit his head and became braindamagingly stupid.

itachi is a brutal evil sociopath whos guilty of the worst act of murder and death in narutoverses history, the uchiha massacre. so dont tell me hes all against killing when he has probably the biggest body count. plus all the people that would die if not for outside help on itachis orders, like when he told sasuke to kill his own friends. only reason narutos not dead is kyuubi. if killing and death so disgusted him then the thought of sasuke doing it would have been even worse. but it wasnt. he casually ordered a slaughter

one does not simply spy on obito

which is why he stood back and did nothing for 10 years

that doesnt explain why he wouldnt go after orochimaru after that. or any other villain for that matter
    Thanks for responding to this month old thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellanoma View Post
    This is plausible since I don't think any one knows why Oro actually left. Also I think Itachi took the arm as punishment much like hiruzen sealing his arms
    He didn't take Orochimaru's hand. It was shown in Orochimaru's lair back in Part 1 when Kabuto and Orochimaru were talking about Itachi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Lee View Post
    I'm going to have to agree. During the three way Sannin showdown Orochimaru was going to leave Naruto alive out of respect for the Akatsuki until he'd already mastered the resengan as a genin and knew that the strongest tailed beast inside a kid like that would spell trouble for him in the future.
    Is that what happened? I thought Orochimaru tried to kill Naruto so Akatsuku wouldn't get him.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Against All Authority

Wasnt orochimaru paired with itachi at first? He just didnt wanna kill his partner.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    House Targaryen

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaScythian View Post
    Wasnt orochimaru paired with itachi at first? He just didnt wanna kill his partner.
    No. He was with Sasori.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»