Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1. #1
    Senior Member oShux's Avatar
    Status
    oShux is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,365
    Location
    Somewhere
    Cozy
     

    This applies to everyone

     
         

  2. #2
    Riker's Avatar
    Status
    Riker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    54,009
    Location
    The road so far.
    Got up, thank myself for the
    day.
     



    Re: This applies to everyone

    Because atheism and Christianity are the only beliefs around.
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member oShux's Avatar
    Status
    oShux is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,365
    Location
    Somewhere
    Cozy
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    Because atheism and Christianity are the only beliefs around.
    In my opinion atheism isn't a belief at all in fact it's the opposite it's the lack of belief. And besides they're just examples, you telling me every single belief is supposed ot be up there?
     
         

  4. #4
    Sir Gilthunder Sir Blades's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Blades is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    18,598
    Location
    Lioness
    Holy Knight
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    I agree with that.
     
         

  5. #5
    Banned
    Status
    Corgi is offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,526
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    Because atheism and Christianity are the only beliefs around.
    No, they're just the only important ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by oShux View Post
    In my opinion atheism isn't a belief at all in fact it's the opposite it's the lack of belief. And besides they're just examples, you telling me every single belief is supposed ot be up there?
    It's still a belief, because you believe that there's nothing. Nothing is something, and that's what you believe in.
     
         

  6. #6
    DBZ FOR LIFE SharinganisOP's Avatar
    Status
    SharinganisOP is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,475
    Location
    Henderson, Nevada
    Think Logically
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    Being whatever you want is okay, and saying whatever you want about whatever or whoever you want is also okay. As long as you don't try and pass off things that are opinions as truths.

    They are just words, nothing more. Words can have an effect on us, but only if we let them.

    Physically harming someone who has a different opinion is not okay though.

    And just saying, being any of those things in the name of Christianity should be okay based on past experiences considering people broke a commandment in the name of Christianity and they did it a lot. Though shalt not kill, yet they killed so many people in the name of Christianity...
     
         

  7. #7
    Harmless Reaper Hemsey's Avatar
    Status
    Hemsey is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    560
    Location
    With Maddie <3
    Damn Dude. Yoruichi is my
    waifu.
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    I agree. Let people live their lives..Don't force shit down people's throats. Because in the end none of us know whats real and whats not until we die...
     
         

  8. #8
    Lord of Winterfell Europa's Avatar
    Status
    Europa is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,749
    Location
    The North
    The Bastard of Bolton
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    Basically; Don't be a dick and shut other people's views down (Or try to) simply because your views are different.
     
         

  9. #9
    Hello World -Punk-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Punk- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    34,426
    Location
    In the Matrix
    Attack on Titan, Tokyo
    Ghoul/Re, Terraformars, Code
    Breaker, Deadman Wonderland
    and Akame Ga Kill= Favorite
    mangas
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Detheroc View Post
    Basically; Don't be a dick and shut other people's views down (Or try to) simply because your views are different.
    Bingo ^ I'm an Atheist & I don't go telling anyone that God is not real & asking them for dem Manga phax. lol .
     
         

  10. #10
    Alternative Angel Teenage Jesus's Avatar
    Status
    Teenage Jesus is offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    11,145
    Location
    inHarmony
    Sonically Sound
     



    Re: This applies to everyone

    That doesn't apply to everyone.

    It should though, would save us from a lot of pointless discussions.
     
         

  11. #11
    Hello World -Punk-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Punk- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    34,426
    Location
    In the Matrix
    Attack on Titan, Tokyo
    Ghoul/Re, Terraformars, Code
    Breaker, Deadman Wonderland
    and Akame Ga Kill= Favorite
    mangas
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddstx View Post
    That doesn't apply to everyone.

    It should though, would save us from a lot of pointless discussions.
    Your sigs tho
     
         

  12. #12
    Member Jonesy161's Avatar
    Status
    Jonesy161 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    796
    What happens if you're scared
    half to death twice?
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerγία View Post
    It's still a belief, because you believe that there's nothing. Nothing is something, and that's what you believe in.
    Atheism is not a belief in nothing. Whoever keeps telling you that has a wrong view on Atheism. Atheism is indeed the lack of belief in deities. Atheism also doesn't mean to discourage the belief of others. We are supposed to be open to opinions and are willing to believe whatever may convinces us. That's why as an Atheist, people tend to ask the question "Do gods exist?". From that stand point, we may, possibly, never come across an answer to that question, thus never accepting the belief in a single god.

    So if you meet an Atheist that refutes any belief in another religion, then it's not the fact of being an Atheist, it's the fact that the person is a completely *******. Same goes for if they were a Catholic, a Buddhist, a Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim, etc. They just simply hide behind that facade as easily as we are willing to blame that religion.
     
         

  13. #13
    Banned
    Status
    Corgi is offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    8,526
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesy161 View Post
    Atheism is not a belief in nothing. Whoever keeps telling you that has a wrong view on Atheism. Atheism is indeed the lack of belief in deities. Atheism also doesn't mean to discourage the belief of others. We are supposed to be open to opinions and are willing to believe whatever may convinces us. That's why as an Atheist, people tend to ask the question "Do gods exist?". From that stand point, we may, possibly, never come across an answer to that question, thus never accepting the belief in a single god.

    So if you meet an Atheist that refutes any belief in another religion, then it's not the fact of being an Atheist, it's the fact that the person is a completely *******. Same goes for if they were a Catholic, a Buddhist, a Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim, etc. They just simply hide behind that facade as easily as we are willing to blame that religion.
    No, Atheism is the belief that there are no deities. Not that we're open minded about converting, but there are none whatsoever. Now, with that in mind, it's safe to say that Atheism is the belief in nothing, so in a sense, it's still a belief.

    Perhaps you're thinking of (and correct me if I've got the wrong word or definition) Deism. That is where you believe something exists, but you refuse to worship it for whatever reason.
     
         

  14. #14
    Member Jonesy161's Avatar
    Status
    Jonesy161 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    796
    What happens if you're scared
    half to death twice?
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerγία View Post
    No, Atheism is the belief that there are no deities. Not that we're open minded about converting, but there are none whatsoever. Now, with that in mind, it's safe to say that Atheism is the belief in nothing, so in a sense, it's still a belief.

    Perhaps you're thinking of (and correct me if I've got the wrong word or definition) Deism. That is where you believe something exists, but you refuse to worship it for whatever reason.
    When you find a definition for Atheism that says "The belief that there are no deities", I'll take my leave. However, Atheism is the lack of belief or disbelief, neither of which means belief in no god. Lack of belief means just that, lack of believing. Disbelieve means refusal to believe, which once again means lack of belief.

    Secondly, deism is the belief in a deity with refusal to part take in that way of life. In no way, shape, or form did my description of Atheism describe that. I described the lack of belief with willingness to be openminded to valid opinions in hopes to answer the question "Does a god exist?". However, without solid proof for that atheist, the chance they'll find your opinion valid is slim.
     
         

  15. #15
    Riding a spider SpiderRider89's Avatar
    Status
    SpiderRider89 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,037
    ~I'm just too strong~
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by oShux View Post
    Happy Jell-O agrees.

     
         

  16. #16
    Facts > You. scorezor's Avatar
    Status
    scorezor is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    12,888
    Location
    Portugal
    girls = stupid , is funny to
    see how many lost cause we
    have in the world...
     



    Re: This applies to everyone

    i don't get it why people insist in pointless things that don't have solid proof in...
     
         

  17. #17
    Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    18,941
    Location
    My Evil Boy Genius Lair
    "Nobody gets off this
    island unless I want them
    to"
     



    Re: This applies to everyone

    Just don't be a Richard Grayson. I agree.
     
         

  18. #18
    ChAnGe ThE wOrLd Shichi's Avatar
    Status
    Shichi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    4,753
    Location
    Shattered Realms
    California Show Me Love.
     

    Re: This applies to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    Because atheism and Christianity are the only beliefs around.
    I know right. *le sigh* Some people fail to realize there's other religions
     
         

  19. #19
    past,present and future Kishi Uzumaki's Avatar
    Status
    Kishi Uzumaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,753
    "Peace lies not in the
    world..... but in the man who
    walks the path "
     



    Re: This applies to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    Because atheism and Christianity are the only beliefs around.
    Then why do i believe in Buddhism buddy .
     
         

  20. #20
    Sterling Malory Archer's Avatar
    Status
    Sterling Malory Archer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,742
    Location
    Konoha
    Cookies
     



    Re: This applies to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Detheroc View Post
    Basically; Don't be a dick and shut other people's views down (Or try to) simply because your views are different.
    ^ We need more people like this.

    Quote Originally Posted by scorezor View Post
    i don't get it why people insist in pointless things that don't have solid proof in...
    There's a lot of things in this universe that doesn't have solid proof. Does that mean they don't exist?
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •