Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Member DimLord Urza's Avatar
    Status
    DimLord Urza is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gabe The Artist
     

    Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    I do believe people do not know what the term "Overpowered" actually means and what it implies.

    Overpowered implies that something is more powerful than it should be. Hence, Overpowered.

    However, many of the characters that people label "Overpowered" do not fit this criteria. For example, Obito, Madara, Sage of Six Paths, Ten tails etc. are intended to be extremely powerful.

    If Masashi Kishimoto intends a character to be extremely strong, they are not "Overpowered" as for the reason I stated before. They were meant to carry significant amounts of power. If the character was not intended to be powerful and ends up being something the creator did not intend in terms of power, then I accept this term.

    Example: Kiba in Storm 3 is overpowered because Kiba was not intended to be one of the top tier characters. In the show, Kiba was not given nearly enough power to be able to do the kind of damage he was able to do in Storm 3 prior to the updates. (Which is why they nerfed him in the later updates). This is a case of somebody being "Overpowered".

    Thank you for reading this and I hope this will guide more people to using the term correctly.
     
         

  2. #2
    Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Champ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Obito was overpowered, then Kishi nerfed him
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member Clouds's Avatar
    Status
    Clouds is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Your imagination
    Posts
    3,733
    Post Thanks / Like
    Illusions... or real
    illusions. Hidden in an
    illusion is the real illusion.
    From one illusion will sprout
    another illusion. Hidden in
    truths lie lies, hidden in
    lies hides the truth.
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Minato was overpowered so he nerfed him :c
    Just like Naruto's speed when he took down the bijuu bombs
     
         

  4. #4
    Banned
    Status
    thunderthehybrid is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Nazareth
    Posts
    2,837
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dunno
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Hashirama was overpowered but he got nerfed
     
         

  5. #5
    Member Aresfour's Avatar
    Status
    Aresfour is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    somewhere on earth
    Posts
    462
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    u suck, u should be nerf
     
         

  6. #6
    Edo Madara questin1's Avatar
    Status
    questin1 is online now
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watching Fanboys fight it out.
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Madara is overpowered compared to Sakura!
     
         

  7. #7
    Member DimLord Urza's Avatar
    Status
    DimLord Urza is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gabe The Artist
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Obito was overpowered, then Kishi nerfed him
    The strongest evidence for something being overpowered is if they get nerfed later. It's arguable if Obito got nerfed, I would say he actually got boosted in strength. Even though he got beaten by Naruto, Naruto beats everyone he fights so I wouldn't consider his defeat a nerf.

    I guess it depends on what you meant
     
         

  8. #8
    Life of Monday's a banned cartoon's Avatar
    Status
    a banned cartoon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    On my couch.
    Posts
    2,034
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cooler than the other side of
    the pillow!
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Dude it's just internet talk. People use the word overpowered to describe just how incredibly powerful they are. They use it cause the word sounds cool.

    On another note it doesn't describe that something is more powerful than it should be. No one in their right would have the right to state that, since they're not the ones writing the manga.
     
         

  9. #9
    Riker Slade's Avatar
    Status
    Riker Slade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    M.a.a.D City I run my n***a
    Posts
    33,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked in the mirror and
    realized I had something to
    prove.
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    By this definition, nothing in fiction is overpowered because the everything in a story is intended by the author. And we know that's not true, therefore, you're wrong

    Overpowered means the character or thing has power that is levels and exceptionally beyond that of what is considered normal or average power, or that some astounding and near-impossible task or feat must be done to stop them.
     
         
    Last edited by Riker Slade; 11-29-2013 at 01:52 PM.

  10. #10
    Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Champ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by DimLord Urza View Post
    The strongest evidence for something being overpowered is if they get nerfed later. It's arguable if Obito got nerfed, I would say he actually got boosted in strength. Even though he got beaten by Naruto, Naruto beats everyone he fights so I wouldn't consider his defeat a nerf.

    I guess it depends on what you meant
    It's ok if you don't believe he got nerfed, I just feel Sasuke & Naruto can't really beat Juubi jin Obito
     
         

  11. #11
    Riker Slade's Avatar
    Status
    Riker Slade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    M.a.a.D City I run my n***a
    Posts
    33,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looked in the mirror and
    realized I had something to
    prove.
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    It's ok if you don't believe he got nerfed, I just feel Sasuke & Naruto can't really beat Juubi jin Obito
    That's kinda stupid since we saw them beat him.
     
         

  12. #12
    Member DimLord Urza's Avatar
    Status
    DimLord Urza is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    770
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gabe The Artist
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    By this definition, nothing in fiction is overpowered because the everything in a story is intended by the author. And we know that's not true, therefore, you're wrong
    Overpowered means the character or thing has power that is levels and exceptionally beyond that of what is considered normal or average power.
    Well, I would say that most everything in the story is intended by the author. The things like plotholes and mistakes that were made by the author that were not intended are usually cleared up afterwards when the author announces a mistake or tries to fix things. Up to this point, I would say everything Masashi Kishimoto has done for the most part is intended.


    The term "Overpowered" is a portmanteau of "Over" and "Power". Over implies too much. Beyond a limit. Power is self explanatory, strength. "Overpowered" as a portmanteau functions as overly strong. However, overly strong is relative to a character's potential. Madara and Obito are not "Overpowered" because their power is not over their capable limits. Thus, it is not going "Over".

    I hope I cleared that up.

    A term that would be fitting to describe what you're talking about might be "Highly powered". This does not imply that the power is exceeding the character's limits, it describes the level of power. Overpowered expresses a limit.
     
         
    Last edited by DimLord Urza; 11-29-2013 at 01:58 PM.

  13. #13
    Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Champ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    That's kinda stupid since we saw them beat him.
    Already said I believe Obito got nerfed. Before the manga said Obito couldn't use Kamui cause the Juubi was in his body but when he released it and it formed the God tree he should've been able to use Kamui, but he didn't. If Obito put up another barrier and Minato wasn't there to ftg them outta it, them four massive Juubi dama would've easily killed Sasuke & Naruto
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member Retsu's Avatar
    Status
    Retsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Nagato was nerfed by kishi, he already stated he made him too strong, Minato losing an arm also was highly convenient for the antagonist at the time.
     
         

  15. #15
    ¥☮ṲℵḠ*ℒѺ❤Є TєᴀᴍBʀєєᴢʏ's Avatar
    Status
    TєᴀᴍBʀєєᴢʏ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Йош Tёll Mё Щнaт'₴
    Tнё Dєfїиїтюп оf
    Lоvє.
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Obito was overpowered, then Kishi nerfed him
    He was not overpowered if he was defeated.
     
         

  16. #16
    Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Champ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hāto View Post
    He was not overpowered if he was defeated.
    His defeat didn't show me, anyone was on his level
     
         

  17. #17
    ¥☮ṲℵḠ*ℒѺ❤Є TєᴀᴍBʀєєᴢʏ's Avatar
    Status
    TєᴀᴍBʀєєᴢʏ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    14,115
    Post Thanks / Like
    Йош Tёll Mё Щнaт'₴
    Tнё Dєfїиїтюп оf
    Lоvє.
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    His defeat didn't show me, anyone was on his level
    Bro, that does not even make sense.
     
         

  18. #18
    Sasuke 2-0 against Naruto Champ's Avatar
    Status
    Champ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    11,069
    Post Thanks / Like
    Madara turned Minato into the
    Yellow Trash
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by Hāto View Post
    Bro, that does not even make sense.
    That's fine
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member Retsu's Avatar
    Status
    Retsu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7,428
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    His defeat didn't show me, anyone was on his level
    Jiraiya was on his level
     
         

  20. #20
    Member ShAk5054's Avatar
    Status
    ShAk5054 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    125
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    nagato was overpowered so kishi nerfd him but not healing his legs and restricted his movements.
     
         

  21. #21
    Member Cozat 87's Avatar
    Status
    Cozat 87 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    174
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by DimLord Urza View Post
    I do believe people do not know what the term "Overpowered" actually means and what it implies.

    Overpowered implies that something is more powerful than it should be. Hence, Overpowered.

    However, many of the characters that people label "Overpowered" do not fit this criteria. For example, Obito, Madara, Sage of Six Paths, Ten tails etc. are intended to be extremely powerful.

    If Masashi Kishimoto intends a character to be extremely strong, they are not "Overpowered" as for the reason I stated before. They were meant to carry significant amounts of power. If the character was not intended to be powerful and ends up being something the creator did not intend in terms of power, then I accept this term.

    Example: Kiba in Storm 3 is overpowered because Kiba was not intended to be one of the top tier characters. In the show, Kiba was not given nearly enough power to be able to do the kind of damage he was able to do in Storm 3 prior to the updates. (Which is why they nerfed him in the later updates). This is a case of somebody being "Overpowered".

    Thank you for reading this and I hope this will guide more people to using the term correctly.

    This one.

    Those fans are the only ones who overpowering their favorite charachers
     
         

  22. #22
    Member Onetimepost2's Avatar
    Status
    Onetimepost2 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like
    Konohamuramu > Hiruzen
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Itachi's sussano was OP and he got killed off but kishi loved him soo much brought him back made him look even cooler then killed him again

    Neji was OP cause he could cut people chakra off and then he got killed cause imagine Naruto without Chakra.....what a boring manga, Neji was literally a threat to the entire manga
     
         

  23. #23
    - UchihaNagashi's Avatar
    Status
    UchihaNagashi is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    -
    Posts
    5,519
    Post Thanks / Like
    GKU > UNIVRZ
     

    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by DimLord Urza View Post
    I do believe people do not know what the term "Overpowered" actually means and what it implies.

    Overpowered implies that something is more powerful than it should be. Hence, Overpowered.

    However, many of the characters that people label "Overpowered" do not fit this criteria. For example, Obito, Madara, Sage of Six Paths, Ten tails etc. are intended to be extremely powerful.

    If Masashi Kishimoto intends a character to be extremely strong, they are not "Overpowered" as for the reason I stated before. They were meant to carry significant amounts of power. If the character was not intended to be powerful and ends up being something the creator did not intend in terms of power, then I accept this term.

    Example: Kiba in Storm 3 is overpowered because Kiba was not intended to be one of the top tier characters. In the show, Kiba was not given nearly enough power to be able to do the kind of damage he was able to do in Storm 3 prior to the updates. (Which is why they nerfed him in the later updates). This is a case of somebody being "Overpowered".

    Thank you for reading this and I hope this will guide more people to using the term correctly.
    Okay, let's take it this way.

    Madara has his Dõjutsu and Seishitsu Henka, okay. That's fine since it's his own power.

    He adds Mokuton. He becomes more powerful than he should be. Hence, the overpowered.

    Not to mention, he becomes Edo Tensei resurrection. This is one grand and twisted feat.

    Again more powerful than he should be.

    Don't try this logic here pal.
     
         

  24. #24
    Kurōme's Avatar
    Status
    Kurōme is offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Amegakure
    Posts
    34,272
    Post Thanks / Like
    ★ The 10th Sin Of Hatred ★
     



    Re: Nobody in Naruto is "Overpowered"

    Quote Originally Posted by DimLord Urza View Post
    I do believe people do not know what the term "Overpowered" actually means and what it implies.

    Overpowered implies that something is more powerful than it should be. Hence, Overpowered.

    However, many of the characters that people label "Overpowered" do not fit this criteria. For example, Obito, Madara, Sage of Six Paths, Ten tails etc. are intended to be extremely powerful.

    If Masashi Kishimoto intends a character to be extremely strong, they are not "Overpowered" as for the reason I stated before. They were meant to carry significant amounts of power. If the character was not intended to be powerful and ends up being something the creator did not intend in terms of power, then I accept this term.

    Example: Kiba in Storm 3 is overpowered because Kiba was not intended to be one of the top tier characters. In the show, Kiba was not given nearly enough power to be able to do the kind of damage he was able to do in Storm 3 prior to the updates. (Which is why they nerfed him in the later updates). This is a case of somebody being "Overpowered".

    Thank you for reading this and I hope this will guide more people to using the term correctly.
    Yet he nerfed DSM kabuto and brought a bs jutsu ''izanami/izanagi''.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •