Page 2 of 2 « First 12
    Banned
    Status
    Apr 2010
    This user has no status.

Re: Manga Coloring Contest [11] June

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuno View Post
    This comp is epic fail , and to be honest its down to how its being run ... sorry to say but thats the truth
    Kind of agree.. BAN_KAI was cheating to the fullest in the latest edition and the user in charge did nothing, thank god he didn't won.

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dante View Post
    Kind of agree.. BAN_KAI was cheating to the fullest in the latest edition and the user in charge did nothing, thank god he didn't won.
    It was Transparent who revealed that which is which entry. Everyone would guess which entry was mine.

Last edited by Caliburn; 06-20-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by BAN_KAI View Post
    It was Transparent who revealed that which is which entry. Everyone would guess which entry was mine.
    Who cares about you? You are not that "famous" for people to know which work was yours if you wouldn't go on and on in the thread acting like a douchebag saying that your entry was better.

It's suppose to be ANNONYMOUS even if someone hints that, that work is yours or if it's rather obvious that it's yours. Plus don't act like you didn't push other people to vote for you in a indirect manner throught your profile.

Your reply is childish and immature obviously, calling names to someone who just pointed out the obvious.
    Once again, you should have been disqualified as you obviously infracted the rules, Transparent was the fair winner, not only because he had a better, cleaner, less messy work even if that's subjective to a person's taste but because he played by the rules even when you were acting like a total douche greedy for that medal.
    Now you can show how ignorant and dumb you are once again by throwing some more cheap offenses.

I rest my case and know that most people share my opinion.

Last edited by Caliburn; 06-20-2010 at 04:28 PM.

Status
    Jun 2010
    This user has no status.

Who cares about you? You are not that "famous" for people to know which work was yours if you wouldn't go on and on in the thread acting like a douchebag saying that your entry was better.

It's suppose to be ANNONYMOUS even if someone hints that, that work is yours or if it's rather obvious that it's yours. Plus don't act like you didn't push other people to vote for you in a indirect manner throught your profile.

Your reply is childish and immature obviously, calling names to someone who just pointed out the obvious.
    Once again, you should have been disqualified as you obviously infracted the rules, Transparent was the fair winner, not only because he had a better, cleaner, less messy work even if that's subjective to a person's taste but because he played by the rules even when you were acting like a total douche greedy for that medal.
    Now you can show how ignorant and dumb you are once again by throwing some more cheap offenses.

I have to agree BAN_KAI you think too much of yourself :S You aren't as good as you think because at the moment u have no real competition ...sorry to say but its true.

Status
    Jan 2009
    This user has no status.

what got famous to do with my entry, i was saying that anybody could guess which entry was mine because i never use anime style, and heck not something so simple as those other 3 entries, and who the hell are you.

Tsuno i know there are not a real competition for me here and thats why i invited 3 great artists here and they will register when they can. idk if you know them but they are Sherlock2008,TheGameJC and KostanRyuk and i am going say this, people like cell shade more, you can see it in this image and there was a voting which coloring was better and the thing on the right side( anime style) won, that only proves people dont know how to vote

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs29/f/20..._TheGameJC.jpg

Last edited by Caliburn; 06-20-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Status
    Dec 2008
    This user has no status.

Sorry for the inactivity boys and girls. I've been having some abrupt life emergencies that obviously took priority. No detail needed since it's none of your business...

*cracks fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by '-Hellknight-' View Post
    well i am off this competition lets see how many will show up.... is really frustrating i finished the pic toy asked for..
    >.> Ok... Well, I changed the image since it's been done before O_o or maybe I've misuderstood the quoted statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Wakaranai- View Post
    yay! I'll have a try!
    Cool ^^
    yay i love that Picture thanks Musa.., Blood Brushes beware
    Me too, lol that'll be awesome.
    Don't like the panel or i would take part.
    Aw ;_; Sorry.
    I guess with one submission there's no contest.
    Free choice panels it's better IMO.
    We are doing free panel choices next contest at the beginning of next month. Come on people, send me your submissions.
    so is there going to be a competition cause i almost finished mine ???
    There is still 3 days still the deadline. O_o
    Quote Originally Posted by ..Chill..MING View Post
    dislike the panel so i wont bother this time around,
    i didn't even know there was voting available for the image
    ;_; Aw... The voting happens in the winner showcase. I'll ask Caliburn or any other mod that could help me to get a Manga Coloring Theme Voting Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teliwla View Post
    i guess not
    >.> ??
    This comp is epic fail , and to be honest its down to how its being run ... sorry to say but thats the truth
    As much as I want to just harass you for this post, I'll refrain from being the smaller man.
    Opinions are to yourself.

Bankai didn't give away the entries, the entries were obvious since all artists here have a specific style, I gave them all warnings, and not to mention that I'm doing the best I can as a college student, with two jobs, and life problems with no mod powers whatsoever.
    >.> Don't insult the other posters, I said I didn't want any flame. Also, to the guessing the entries statement. I totally agree.

Actually, he is pretty famous... Random stuff of his reputation, but famous nevertheless.

Yes, I completely agree.

True once again.

I try my best to make it fair, I give warnings to the first offense and the second will be a auto -1 vote if they broke the rules again. I can only do so much and I must require proof of rule breaking for this power to be used.
    I have to agree BAN_KAI you think too much of yourself :S You aren't as good as you think because at the moment u have no real competition ...sorry to say but its true.
    >.> Stop repeating stuff. People that have skill in art can boast more since they are there. I don't want flaming on the threads, but bragging is what everyone does when they have a talent. I consider a lot of people at Bankai's level, they just have different styles and just chose not to enter.
    what got famous to do with my entry, i was saying that anybody could guess which entry was mine because i never use anime style, and heck not something so simple as those other 3 entries, and who the hell are you.

Tsuno i know there are not a real competition for me here and thats why i invited 3 great artists here and they will register when they can. idk if you know them but they are Sherlock2008,TheGameJC and KostanRyuk and i am going say this, people like cell shade more, you can see it in this image and there was a voting which coloring was better and the thing on the right side( anime style) won, that only proves people dont know how to vote

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs29/f/20..._TheGameJC.jpg
    >.> Stop flaming the other people, defend yourself don't just yell and slander other people's works. This goes for everyone in this flame war.

>.> Wrong 100% =/

Anyways I said what I wanted to say. I am now back to remind people that want to still enter that this competition is still going. Send me your colored versions of the provided panel. you still have till the end of day on the 23rd of June. Come on people I want this to grow. Just because I left for a few days doesn't mean this is over. I want to keep this competition going.

Next month for the first competition will be free choice of panel from any anime you want.

I will also ask for a thread to be stickied for voting on themes. You suggest, people disagree or agree. Remember to be creative on picking. We don't want to do redos.

This is Musa... ~Out.

Last edited by Caliburn; 06-20-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    This user has no status.

I kinda think BAN_KAI's work was more elaborated and professional. I think just too complex for some people that prefer a simplier Anime Style.

Last edited by John Constantine; 06-20-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Status
    Dec 2008
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding View Post
    I kinda think BAN_KAI's work was more elaborated and professional. I think just too complex for some people that prefer a simplier Anime Style.
    It isn't complex. >.> I don't know why people think Bankai's style is difficult to understand. I did say this before, people don't like extremes when it comes to their hobbies or regular activities. They want the same or a little change. From Anime coloring style to cell shading, to water coloring, blah blah blah you get it, people wish upon the old natural.

Change is good, but not for everyone. Bankai's piece was excellent, but didn't win. A lot of people voted for him as well. I don't know why he would complain.

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Musashibo View Post
    It isn't complex. >.> I don't know why people think Bankai's style is difficult to understand. I did say this before, people don't like extremes when it comes to their hobbies or regular activities. They want the same or a little change. From Anime coloring style to cell shading, to water coloring, blah blah blah you get it, people wish upon the old natural.

Change is good, but not for everyone. Bankai's piece was excellent, but didn't win. A lot of people voted for him as well. I don't know why he would complain.
    I'm talented in some stuff here in the forums as well. It's always hard when you have a competitive personalitty and you lose when in your mind you believe you deserved to win, i guess that's what passing through BAN_KAI's mind and maybe that's why he didn't accepted the defeat all that well. Been there, so i kinda understand.
    I loved his work and love different things, seems like the majority don't, though.

Status
    Dec 2008
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding View Post
    I'm talented in some stuff here in the forums as well. It's always hard when you have a competitive personalitty and you lose when in your mind you believe you deserved to win, i guess that's what passing through BAN_KAI's mind and maybe that's why he didn't accepted the defeat all that well. Been there, so i kinda understand.
    I loved his work and love different things, seems like the majority don't, though.
    Yes, I understand that and I believe most artist can say they went through that phase, but I also said before. You make are to impress yourself regardless of the crowd in question.

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2010
    This user has no status.

He was just being a sore loser,plain and simple.

Status
    Dec 2008
    This user has no status.

Appearently no one wanted to enter, let alone win by just sending a submission.

This competition is closed and canceled till next month July 1, 2010.

The next competition will be a free panel choice where the competitor will choose from any anime, color it any way they like, and send me the original and colored versions. We will try this style out for a while to get this competition rolling again.

Thanks for any comments and stuff. Please wait till next month.

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2010
    This user has no status.

We have till July 1th to submit or we have from July 1 to a certain date?

the almighty potatochip Transparent's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2008
    This user has no status.

We have till July 1th to submit or we have from July 1 to a certain date?
    on july 1st the comp starts with 1 week submit-time and after the week, the poll starts

the almighty potatochip Transparent's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2008
    This user has no status.

where did the comp go? Musashibo! c'mon!

Page 2 of 2 « First 12