Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Kishi Uzumaki Merimac's Avatar
    Status
    Merimac is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,502
    Location
    Too Far Away In The Horizon
    This user has no status.
     

    Purpose of life

    What is purpose of life ?
    how can i find the answer
    that bothers me so much .
    I have some things that
    I'm happy about my life
    but need a real purpose ?
    must leave something behind
    that never be erased .

    can religion show that purpose
    what we need ?
    they say there's a heaven
    that we go after we died
    but what if it isn't ?
    should we leave behind
    wisdom of our ancestors
    will that be a recipe for total fulfillment?

    Is there a meaning
    looking at the bigger picture
    will it become bigger and bigger?
    point is no one knows this
    are we building something
    that would vanish without a trace?
    in a way can we think
    life's meaningful
    but at the same time it's meaningless?
    Is it about meeting my biological needs?
    avoiding pain , seeking pleasure
    or fulfillment of my emotional needs?
    been cared , been loved and been respected
    or some logical wants
    and have somethings of my own?
    this freak me out sometimes
    but there is no way
    you can ever know if your life is -
    and everyone else's lives are -
    meaningful or not
    so i must find it
    that purpose

    You need a purpose to live
    that contributes...
    to a meaning greater than yourself .
    You must build the fulfillment
    of your biological and emotional needs
    people will say i plan for a failure
    but what i see across the board ,
    people seem to achieve slightly less
    than their life's purpose .
    so for now i gonna aim high
    thinking i will reach somewhere in life
    that i could be happy




     
         
    Last edited by Merimac; 12-16-2013 at 05:08 PM.

  2. #2
    ☯ Hyuga legend☯ Naruko uzumaki's Avatar
    Status
    Naruko uzumaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    10,973
    Location
    Yūhi o mi
    ............
     

    Re: Purpose of life

    Your a great poet brother...dattebayo!
     
         

  3. #3
    Susano'o's Avatar
    Status
    Susano'o is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6,104
    Location
    木ノ葉隠れの里
    You must suffer me to go my
    own dark way.
     

    Re: Purpose of life

    Religion can give you that purpose if you believe. And if you believe and there isn't anything after, it's not like you lost anything.
     
         
    Last edited by Susano'o; 12-16-2013 at 05:29 PM.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Status
    Sir Blades of Chaos is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17,210
    Location
    You would never guess, but its at my house ;)
    #TH United.
     

    Re: Purpose of life

    Nice .
     
         

  5. #5
    Chaotic Neutral Sir Derp 0bito's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Derp 0bito is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,738
    Location
    Netherworld
    0834-1917-9840
     

    Re: Purpose of life

    If you go searching for the meaning you'll find that it is meaningless. The purpose of life is for you to assign a meaning, so abandon your search.
     
         

  6. #6
    saiyan
    Status
    Jhariya is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    50
    Location
    training with goku
    BIG LIFE IS BATTER THAN LONG
    LIFE
     

    Re: Purpose of life

    Life is what u make it.... Live it to ur fullest.. Coz the day u were laying in a hospital being treeted for an incurable disease or anything lyk that u will think bout ur past and will wonder that what could av been happened if u've done that on that point of ur life...
     
         

  7. #7
    Gintama Baby!!! o.< Peace Maker's Avatar
    Status
    Peace Maker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,210
    Location
    Moon
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Purpose of life

    Purpose of life is to make us suffer.
     
         

  8. #8
    Psychopaths Rule The World damon hunt's Avatar
    Status
    damon hunt is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,093
    Location
    waiting in you're grave
    Pyshcopaths know they are
    different, do you ?
     

    Re: Purpose of life

    Roses are Red
    Violets are blue

    life has no purpose
    Dattabayo!!!
     
         

  9. #9
    Chaotic Neutral Sir Derp 0bito's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Derp 0bito is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,738
    Location
    Netherworld
    0834-1917-9840
     

    Re: Purpose of life

    Quote Originally Posted by Peace Maker View Post
    Purpose of life is to make us suffer.
    suffering is better than nothing! And suffering implies a happiness because without one you could not know the other
     
         

  10. #10
    Academy Student justinreidthis's Avatar
    Status
    justinreidthis is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    27
    Location
    Ohio, U.S.
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Purpose of life

    My personal take on this mixed up mess we live in is this...
    We incarnate into every possible life, rich, poor, good, bad, evil, fat skinny, ect...
    The purpose is to experience life from every perspective. Metaphorically walking a mile in everyone's shoes. And at last when we have grown spirituality enough through these many lives, when we finally reach the heaven we are all hoping for we will accept that everyone belongs there. Not just those we foolish short sighted humans feel should be given admission.
     
         

  11. #11
    Kishi Uzumaki Merimac's Avatar
    Status
    Merimac is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,502
    Location
    Too Far Away In The Horizon
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Purpose of life

    Quote Originally Posted by naruko uzumaki View Post
    Your a great poet brother...dattebayo!
    No sis I'm still learning and writing poetry .
    Quote Originally Posted by Susano'o View Post
    Religion can give you that purpose if you believe. And if you believe and there isn't anything after, it's not like you lost anything.
    But people are abandoning religion and tries to find their own purpose that makes no ending just grow and grow .
    Quote Originally Posted by x44jackal44x View Post
    If you go searching for the meaning you'll find that it is meaningless. The purpose of life is for you to assign a meaning, so abandon your search.
    Men need purpose to live though .
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Blades of Chaos View Post
    Nice .
    Thanks .
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhariya View Post
    Life is what u make it.... Live it to ur fullest.. Coz the day u were laying in a hospital being treeted for an incurable disease or anything lyk that u will think bout ur past and will wonder that what could av been happened if u've done that on that point of ur life...
    People have different opinions man . while aiming at that main purpose if you can fulfill little things as well then i can reach some where
    in life as death can come anytime .
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace Maker View Post
    Purpose of life is to make us suffer.
    Life is suffering according to Buddhism .
    Quote Originally Posted by damon hunt View Post
    Roses are Red
    Violets are blue

    life has no purpose
    Dattabayo!!!

    I must find one .




    Quote Originally Posted by justinreidthis View Post
    My personal take on this mixed up mess we live in is this...
    We incarnate into every possible life, rich, poor, good, bad, evil, fat skinny, ect...
    The purpose is to experience life from every perspective. Metaphorically walking a mile in everyone's shoes. And at last when we have grown spirituality enough through these many lives, when we finally reach the heaven we are all hoping for we will accept that everyone belongs there. Not just those we foolish short sighted humans feel should be given admission.
    How many do you have lived from those possible life's ? can we walk in everyones shoes ? that isn't practical isn't it ?
     
         
    Last edited by Merimac; 12-16-2013 at 07:52 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •