Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop worrying about the world
    ending today. It's already
    tomorrow in Australia.

justice will prevail

"Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and those who have not seen war have different values. Those at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will, whoever wins this war becomes Justice. -Don Donxuitte Do flamingo.

That speech is the most awesome thing Dofla has said in the whole series. Frankly I dunno why I made this thread, but I guess it also contains how I celebrate my 40k posts the second time.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Re: justice will prevail

True that.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda

Quote Originally Posted by Hori View Post
    "Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and those who have not seen war have different values. Those at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will, whoever wins this war becomes Justice. -Don Donxuitte Do flamingo.

That speech is the most awesome thing Dofla has said in the whole series. Frankly I dunno why I made this thread, but I guess it also contains how I celebrate my 40k posts the second time.
    We all know the speech -.-

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active

Doffy actually said something that makes me think that maybe this is what Oda wants to do with one piece in the future.
    With Blackbeard as the common enemy, probably?

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    on Eiichiro Oda

Quote Originally Posted by Sachchidanand View Post
    Doffy actually said something that makes me think that maybe this is what Oda wants to do with one piece in the future.
    With Blackbeard as the common enemy, probably?
    Common enemy of what?

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active

Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    Common enemy of what?
    Of both Marines and Pirates, many things point in that direction actually, including doffy's that statement.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    on Eiichiro Oda

Of both Marines and Pirates, many things point in that direction actually, including doffy's that statement.
    Actually this statement of Doflamingo points towards the government being the enemy since he says that the winners write history, and the WG is obviously the winner, you can assume by his speech that the WG wrote history in thir favor, from which you can assume corruption ... Almost everything in OP points toward the corrupt WG being an enemy

What exactly points toward BB being a common enemy of both Pirates and the WG (which would than mean they would be allies)?

Last edited by Algalon; 01-10-2014 at 11:38 AM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active

Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    Actually this statement of Doflamingo points towards the government being the enemy since he says that the winners write history, and the WG is obviously the winner, you can assume by his speech that the WG wrote history in thir favor, from which you can assume corruption ... Almost everything in OP points toward the corrupt WG being an enemy

What exactly points toward BB being a common enemy of both Pirates and the WG (which would than mean they would be allies)?
    Actually my focus was on first part,
    'Pirates are evil, Marines are righteous? These terms have changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and those who have not seen war have different values'
    First part of this is question, where he is emphasizing that the common statement in the pirate world, which makes pirates villain and marines righteous is actually wrong statement because these terms have changed throughout the course of history, i.e. there have been pirates which people thought of as idol common example being Roger who started entire pirate era.
    So being righteous is a relative term that's how I interpreted that statement. On top of that, this statement coming from former world noble and shichibukai holds significant value, as he was/is part of both pirate side and WG side.
    Talking about BB, if we get back to marineford arc, we can't simply deny the fact that one who killed WB, was none other than BB, and on top of that BB was the one WB tried to exterminate when former entered in Marineford arc. All this things make me think about possibility of marines and pirates vs BB.

Last edited by -Sach-; 01-10-2014 at 11:55 AM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    on Eiichiro Oda

Actually my focus was on first part,

First part of this is question, where he is emphasizing that the common statement in the pirate world, which makes pirates villain and marines righteous is actually wrong statement because these terms have changed throughout the course of history, i.e. there have been pirates which people thought of as idol common example being Roger who started entire pirate era.
    So being righteous is a relative term that's how I interpreted that statement. On top of that, this statement coming from former world noble and shichibukai holds significant value, as he was/is part of both pirate side and WG side.
    Talking about BB, if we get back to marineford arc, we can't simply deny the fact that one who killed WB, was none other than BB, and on top of that BB was the one WB tried to exterminate when former entered in Marineford arc. All this things make me think about possibility of marines and pirates vs BB.
    What?

BB is an enemy to the WG as a pirate and to the SHs but it's not because of that speech. Doflamingo said that while the WG was winning the war. He simply said that the history is written by the world government. It means they decide that pirates are evil in principle and that the WGs sense of justice is correct and others is not. It is a statement (drawn from the real lif "history is written by the victors" quote which means the one with power decides what is/was right) that implies the corruption of the WG as it is said during an arc where it is clear the Marines and WG and their sense of justice is wrong from another perspective. If anything it implies the WG being the enemy, writing the history in their favor and covering up the true history inscribed on the poneglyphs, further proven by their actions to eradicate anyone who can read them

Last edited by Algalon; 01-10-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you belonged to a political
    party or a social club that
    was tied to as much bigotry,
    misogyny, homophobia,
    violence, and sheer ignorance
    as religion is, you'd resign
    in protest.

That is one of the best speeches in One Piece easily.

And congratulations on the Grim promotion :3

HxH Opening 2 (1999) Yo Momma San's Avatar
    Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    1.OP 2.Toriko 3.HxH

Congrats on 40k posts

Fields Of Anfield Road David1996's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I guess the best quote not only in DD's history but in OP's history...

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nostalgic ain't my thing

"When do you think people die? When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No. When they succumb to an incurable disease? No. When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom? NO!!! It's when a person is forgotten!"

I like the one above more ._.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active

It truly is an amazing scene. It gave me the goosebumps!!

Oh, and i forgot i love how he laughs