Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Hori's Avatar
    Status
    Hori is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82,173
    Location
    Cuba, Camaguey
    Whatever goes upon two legs is
    a friend, whatever goes upon
    four legs, or has wings, is an
    enemy.
     



    New theory about Raftel

    Actually this theory most of it is not my idea, so credits to luckyroo.

    I believe Raftel island has mirage properties in which enables it to move from its position from there to there in maybe about 5mins - 10 mins. This is because if it was stationary then the world government would have did a buster call on in already. Even worse dispatch a few Admiral ranked soldiers.

    If you wanna oppose this; then acknowledge these facts first.

    1. You don't need an archaeologist to get to Raftel; simply because the pirate king's ship they had no archaeologist and yet they reached Raftel.

    2. I believe sea demons worse then the Kraken protect the island or maybe they are the island itself, protect this Island. The same sea demons are the ones that create or grant devil fruit eaters their power.

    3. Having the will of D is not necessarily a requirement to get to the treasure, because if it was then Law, kid and all worse generation pirates are wasting their time.

    Yeah thanks for reading.
     
         
    Last edited by Caliburn; 01-11-2014 at 04:34 PM.

  2. #2
    uzamaki goku Uzamki Seerar's Avatar
    Status
    Uzamki Seerar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    920
    Location
    United kingdom-london
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: New theory about Raftel

    maybe its a giant turtle or beasts back or maybe even a big bird lol nice theory though
     
         

  3. #3
    रिवोलुशन Frikid's Avatar
    Status
    Frikid is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,574
    Location
    INDIA
    The user is enjoying the
    manga.
     

    Re: New theory about Raftel

    1. Proof that roger had no archaelogist in his crew?
    2. Proof???

    Can you back up those statements which you call "facts" .
     
         

  4. #4
    Banned
    Status
    reizon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,068
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: New theory about Raftel

    I dint even think about raftel until I read some thread in nb about raftel.!! maybe it was your thread...

    but im pretty impressed and it does make sense since that place is very difficult to get to.!!

    raftel does need to have some sort of twist to get..!!

    I like to see luffy figure out a way to get to raftel despite his unparelleled stupidity.!!

    lol, wont happen, I guess.!!
     
         

  5. #5
    -Sach-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Sach- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    11,531
    Location
    Albuquerque
    Yeah Science *****!!
     



    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Actually good theory, I agree that Raftel must be a moving island, and many things indicate that including the buster call thing you talked about.
    Edit:Would like to add about will of D thing, and that is whether One Piece is related to will of D or not, frankly speaking we don't have sufficient evidence to give yes or no as answer.
     
         
    Last edited by -Sach-; 01-11-2014 at 03:40 PM.

  6. #6
    Hori's Avatar
    Status
    Hori is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82,173
    Location
    Cuba, Camaguey
    Whatever goes upon two legs is
    a friend, whatever goes upon
    four legs, or has wings, is an
    enemy.
     



    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Quote Originally Posted by Frikid View Post
    1. Proof that roger had no archaelogist in his crew?
    2. Proof???

    Can you back up those statements which you call "facts" .
    1. Rememberer Skypia Arc when Nick Robin was reading the poneplyph she saw where Roger words printed in the gold next to the poneglyph. Later Robin asked Reyleigh how they wrote that in the Sabaody arc and Rayleigh said its because Roger could hear the voice of all things.

    2. I admit that is just my opinion on the island on how it might be, so can you proof I'm wrong on this point too?
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Corazon's Avatar
    Status
    Corazon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,638
    Location
    Dressrosa
    ゆず「表裏一体」
     

    Re: New theory about Raftel

    #1 Yes I agree.
    #2 Of course
    #3 I hope so and this is getting slightly off topic but I don't want Luffy to be the reincarnation of Roger either.
     
         

  8. #8
    Member marijuanna's Avatar
    Status
    marijuanna is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    124
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: New theory about Raftel

    I agree with 1 and 3, number 2 you just have nothing to back up what you're saying. But lot of sea monsters should be a given, I like to play around with the idea that since on the new world we have 3 log poses which give a hint at how dangerous the next island is, 1 of the pre-requisites to reach raftel is always take the most dangerous route, which luffy will most definetly do. You might need Uranus as well since the weapons surely have a part to play in the OP secrets
     
         

  9. #9
    Hori's Avatar
    Status
    Hori is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82,173
    Location
    Cuba, Camaguey
    Whatever goes upon two legs is
    a friend, whatever goes upon
    four legs, or has wings, is an
    enemy.
     



    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Quote Originally Posted by marijuanna View Post
    I agree with 1 and 3, number 2 you just have nothing to back up what you're saying. But lot of sea monsters should be a given, I like to play around with the idea that since on the new world we have 3 log poses which give a hint at how dangerous the next island is, 1 of the pre-requisites to reach raftel is always take the most dangerous route, which luffy will most definetly do. You might need Uranus as well since the weapons surely have a part to play in the OP secrets
    1. Well if the log poses record magnetic fields like campuses do which I think they do, what does the magnetic field have to do with the danger of the island?

    2. I dunno about Uranus; maybe we will have another arc where Cipher Pol Division is involved. From that arc perhaps the Uranus will fall to the WG hands this time.
     
         

  10. #10
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,426
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Quote Originally Posted by Hori View Post
    Actually this theory most of it is not my idea, so credits to luckyroo.

    I believe Raftel island has mirage properties in which enables it to move from its position from there to there in maybe about 5mins - 10 mins. This is because if it was stationary then the world government would have did a buster call on in already. Even worse dispatch a few Admiral ranked soldiers.

    If you wanna oppose this; then acknowledge these facts first.

    1. You don't need an archaeologist to get to Raftel; simply because the pirate king's ship they had no archaeologist and yet they reached Raftel.

    2. I believe sea demons worse then the Kraken protect the island or maybe they are the island itself, protect this Island. The same sea demons are the ones that create or grant devil fruit eaters their power.

    3. Having the will of D is not necessarily a requirement to get to the treasure, because if it was then Law, kid and all worse generation pirates are wasting their time.

    Yeah thanks for reading.
    This is not really a theory unless you define a theory in a very broad sense of the word. To me this is just a random possibility that has absolutely nothing backing it up (which is for me a fundamental requirement to call something a theory, but that's just me), but nothing that disproves it either. The chance that Raftel would be a sky island, an island at the bottom of the sea, an elevator island that goes from the bottom of the sea to the sky, an island turtle, an island that sends out hypnotic rays confusing everyone that comes near it etc. are as much possible as what you are suggesting. The possibilities are endless and there is nothing that even remotely backs up your specific statement.

    Your argument of the Buster Call is extremely flawed as that's based on the assumption that the Marines even have the ability to send an armada to Raftel, which they do not have. If that was possible, then the Yonkou wouldn't have had free game for such a long time. You make it appear like that everyone can just waltz in there, but that the only tiny problem they have is that they do not know the specific location of Raftel. If that was actually the case, mirage or not, Raftel should already have been found several times unless it even loses its physical substance. The entire end of the Grand Line is simply uncharted territory with God knows what kind of things lurking there, it's that what made Roger the Pirate King as no one succeeded in what he did for probably centuries.

    I don't get either what the point is in mentioning those 3 'facts' as they have little to no relevance whatsoever to that island being a mirage. Not to mention these 'facts' are quite flawed or simply weird. That entire archaeologist stuff comes pretty much down to someone having knowledge about the poneglyphs and based on the assumption that Raftel, the poneglyphs and the Void Century are connected, a scholar who knows about it would be very helpful, but there isn't anything that says this is an absolute requirement. Same thing with the Will of D thing, even if that somehow would be a requirement, how is the world supposed to know that? You make it sound that somehow the entire world knows exactly everything about what is necessary to reach Raftel. Whether it's needed or not, it's not like that they know that, so there is nothing holding them back. Even assuming the highly unlikely case that they would know they need the Will, what is stopping them from trying regardless? The sea demon thing is even more random than the rest, it might be, but likewise a pink killer bunny is guarding the island that poops out DF every time it's constipated.

    I find this all just some random things thrown together and quite lacking in depth considering that this is something that was thought up by two persons.
     
         

  11. #11
    Hori's Avatar
    Status
    Hori is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82,173
    Location
    Cuba, Camaguey
    Whatever goes upon two legs is
    a friend, whatever goes upon
    four legs, or has wings, is an
    enemy.
     



    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    This is not really a theory unless you define a theory in a very broad sense of the word. To me this is just a random possibility that has absolutely nothing backing it up (which is for me a fundamental requirement to call something a theory, but that's just me), but nothing that disproves it either. The chance that Raftel would be a sky island, an island at the bottom of the sea, an elevator island that goes from the bottom of the sea to the sky, an island turtle, an island that sends out hypnotic rays confusing everyone that comes near it etc. are as much possible as what you are suggesting. The possibilities are endless and there is nothing that even remotely backs up your specific statement.

    Your argument of the Buster Call is extremely flawed as that's based on the assumption that the Marines even have the ability to send an armada to Raftel, which they do not have. If that was possible, then the Yonkou wouldn't have had free game for such a long time. You make it appear like that everyone can just waltz in there, but that the only tiny problem they have is that they do not know the specific location of Raftel. If that was actually the case, mirage or not, Raftel should already have been found several times unless it even loses its physical substance. The entire end of the Grand Line is simply uncharted territory with God knows what kind of things lurking there, it's that what made Roger the Pirate King as no one succeeded in what he did for probably centuries.

    I don't get either what the point is in mentioning those 3 'facts' as they have little to no relevance whatsoever to that island being a mirage. Not to mention these 'facts' are quite flawed or simply weird. That entire archaeologist stuff comes pretty much down to someone having knowledge about the poneglyphs and based on the assumption that Raftel, the poneglyphs and the Void Century are connected, a scholar who knows about it would be very helpful, but there isn't anything that says this is an absolute requirement. Same thing with the Will of D thing, even if that somehow would be a requirement, how is the world supposed to know that? You make it sound that somehow the entire world knows exactly everything about what is necessary to reach Raftel. Whether it's needed or not, it's not like that they know that, so there is nothing holding them back. Even assuming the highly unlikely case that they would know they need the Will, what is stopping them from trying regardless? The sea demon thing is even more random than the rest, it might be, but likewise a pink killer bunny is guarding the island that poops out DF every time it's constipated.

    I find this all just some random things thrown together and quite lacking in depth considering that this is something that was thought up by two persons.
    There is one thing that you just made clear to me. You are not a physics or a maths learner; because if you were you would know that a theory can also be classified as a statement that is unproven to be right or wrong because if it has it changes and gets to be called a law, principle..... My point is I will admit my 2nd statement is more of a prediction and no proof of it, and yes you can't prove that its wrong and I can't prove its right either.

    Now back to number 1 it's actually a fact that archeologists are not required to able to find Raftel. Actually this is due to the fact that on Roger's ship Rayleigh confirmed that they had no archeologists on their ship; I'm not gonna explain this again.

    When I referred to the buster call was that since Marines don't want pirates to find the one piece it actually occurred to them that to stop all this we must destroy that Island. So if they tried and were unable to story it or even got owned using buster call would also be necessary. Also this is just my opinion that actually has some sense and logic behind it. You should realize that by how Sengoku reacted when Newgate said he piece is real.

    If there is one thing good about the will of D is just the motivation to never give up. You know there is something you are forgetting.. or rather not including when you re thinking. If one piece is really treas..... nah let's leave this one for another day.
     
         

  12. #12
    The Observer Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,647
    Location
    The Cosmos
    See your world through my
    eyes: A universe so vast as to
    be immeasurable -
    incomprehensible even to your
    greatest minds.
     

    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Quote Originally Posted by Hori View Post
    There is one thing that you just made clear to me. You are not a physics or a maths learner; because if you were you would know that a theory can also be classified as a statement that is unproven to be right or wrong because if it has it changes and gets to be called a law, principle..... My point is I will admit my 2nd statement is more of a prediction and no proof of it, and yes you can't prove that its wrong and I can't prove its right either.

    Now back to number 1 it's actually a fact that archeologists are not required to able to find Raftel. Actually this is due to the fact that on Roger's ship Rayleigh confirmed that they had no archeologists on their ship; I'm not gonna explain this again.

    When I referred to the buster call was that since Marines don't want pirates to find the one piece it actually occurred to them that to stop all this we must destroy that Island. So if they tried and were unable to story it or even got owned using buster call would also be necessary. Also this is just my opinion that actually has some sense and logic behind it. You should realize that by how Sengoku reacted when Newgate said he piece is real.

    If there is one thing good about the will of D is just the motivation to never give up. You know there is something you are forgetting.. or rather not including when you re thinking. If one piece is really treas..... nah let's leave this one for another day.
    you just made it clear that you are not a scientist. A scientific theory is derived from calculations, proof, simulations, models, years of scientific research ... it is not a vaguely put together tale of nonsense that has absolutely nothing backing it up but the possibility that it can't at the moment be directly disproved

    for a theory to be even considered by the scientific community one needs much more than what you did, theories with much more complexity with much more of what you call proof and with years of work behind them even get shunned to the side if it is not a properly laid out and presented hypothesis with sufficient research, ... backing it up

    one example of a scientific theory for instance is the theory of evolution, or gravity (that's technically both a law and a theory, but still) ... please do tell me that I misread your argument and you did not just compare your ''theory'' to a real scientific theory
     
         
    Last edited by Algalon; 01-11-2014 at 07:03 PM.

  13. #13
    The Blind One Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    17,227
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife... or not
    Oh jóia, anda cá ao ourives!
    - OMG I HADN'T SEEN THIS LOL
     



    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Quote Originally Posted by Hori View Post
    There is one thing that you just made clear to me. You are not a physics or a maths learner; because if you were you would know that a theory can also be classified as a statement that is unproven to be right or wrong because if it has it changes and gets to be called a law, principle..... My point is I will admit my 2nd statement is more of a prediction and no proof of it, and yes you can't prove that its wrong and I can't prove its right either.

    Now back to number 1 it's actually a fact that archeologists are not required to able to find Raftel. Actually this is due to the fact that on Roger's ship Rayleigh confirmed that they had no archeologists on their ship; I'm not gonna explain this again.

    When I referred to the buster call was that since Marines don't want pirates to find the one piece it actually occurred to them that to stop all this we must destroy that Island. So if they tried and were unable to story it or even got owned using buster call would also be necessary. Also this is just my opinion that actually has some sense and logic behind it. You should realize that by how Sengoku reacted when Newgate said he piece is real.

    If there is one thing good about the will of D is just the motivation to never give up. You know there is something you are forgetting.. or rather not including when you re thinking. If one piece is really treas..... nah let's leave this one for another day.
    You described an hypothesis. That only turns into a theory when you find facts and arguments to back it up.
     
         

  14. #14
    The Observer Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,647
    Location
    The Cosmos
    See your world through my
    eyes: A universe so vast as to
    be immeasurable -
    incomprehensible even to your
    greatest minds.
     

    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    You described an hypothesis. That only turns into a theory when you find facts and arguments to back it up.
    actually what she wrote would in science be closer to a ''thought'' than a ''hypothesis''
     
         

  15. #15
    Hori's Avatar
    Status
    Hori is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82,173
    Location
    Cuba, Camaguey
    Whatever goes upon two legs is
    a friend, whatever goes upon
    four legs, or has wings, is an
    enemy.
     



    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    you just made it clear that you are not a scientist. A scientific theory is derived from calculations, proof, simulations, models, years of scientific research ... it is not a vaguely put together tale of nonsense that has absolutely nothing backing it up but the possibility that it can't at the moment be directly disproved

    for a theory to be even considered by the scientific community one needs much more than what you did, theories with much more complexity with much more of what you call proof and with years of work behind them even get shunned to the side if it is not a properly laid out and presented hypothesis with sufficient research, ... backing it up

    one example of a scientific theory for instance is the theory of evolution, or gravity (that's technically both a law and a theory, but still) ... please do tell me that I misread your argument and you did not just compare your ''theory'' to a real scientific theory
    Clearly now you are being optimistic you know I can't spend years of my life trying to make up a theory about one piece you know I have a life to live. Also if you are going to make an example about a theory at least make one that is true.

    Now if you ignore the theory part and talk about what I wrote below you wouldn't be talking like this because now it seems to me you didn't read all of it to which was not meant for you . Or maybe you did read but since I was flawless you chose to ignore it..... which is it?
     
         

  16. #16
    Hori's Avatar
    Status
    Hori is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82,173
    Location
    Cuba, Camaguey
    Whatever goes upon two legs is
    a friend, whatever goes upon
    four legs, or has wings, is an
    enemy.
     



    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    You described an hypothesis. That only turns into a theory when you find facts and arguments to back it up.
    Fine I get it I described a hypothesis but that doesn't mean this is still not regarded as a theory (narubase wise).
     
         

  17. #17
    The Observer Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,647
    Location
    The Cosmos
    See your world through my
    eyes: A universe so vast as to
    be immeasurable -
    incomprehensible even to your
    greatest minds.
     

    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Quote Originally Posted by Hori View Post
    Clearly now you are being optimistic you know I can't spend years of my life trying to make up a theory about one piece you know I have a life to live. Also if you are going to make an example about a theory at least make one that is true.

    Now if you ignore the theory part and talk about what I wrote below you wouldn't be talking like this because now it seems to me you didn't read all of it to which was not meant for you . Or maybe you did read but since I was flawless you chose to ignore it..... which is it?
    I know you can't waste that much time, so you agree that your argument against Caliburn is invalid since this is in no way comparable to a scientific theory?

    one that is true?

    no, I simply ignored the rest of your post, which I already told you, are you trying a void argument by saying something that you know is not true but want to gain credibility from everyone reading your post?
     
         

  18. #18
    (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Mr. Outside's Avatar
    Status
    Mr. Outside is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    10,026
    Location
    Dressrosa.
    If you belonged to a political
    party or a social club that
    was tied to as much bigotry,
    misogyny, homophobia,
    violence, and sheer ignorance
    as religion is, you'd resign
    in protest.
     

    Re: New theory about Raftel

    I really like your idea :D
    Don't really agree with the 'Will Of D' part, but t I love the rest of it.
     
         

  19. #19
    kaizoku SAHAN1993's Avatar
    Status
    SAHAN1993 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    717
    Location
    HELL
    If You Look At The Sky Tonight
    And Notice That The Brightest
    Star Is Missing, I Swear I
    Have No Clue How The Hell I
    Fell From Sky But I'm OK
     

     
         

  20. #20
    Hori's Avatar
    Status
    Hori is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    82,173
    Location
    Cuba, Camaguey
    Whatever goes upon two legs is
    a friend, whatever goes upon
    four legs, or has wings, is an
    enemy.
     



    Re: New theory about Raftel

    Yeah that was pretty plausible.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •