Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 32
  1. #1
    Everztar's Avatar
    Status
    Everztar is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bird of paradise only
    alights on the hand that does
    not grasp.
     

    [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    so my friend decided to build himself a new computer... and i'm not really that good with computers... but as i saw his facebook status i decided to help him through asking you guys here on NB!

    1. everything was plugged in... and windows 8.1 was installed.
    2. computer shut down
    3. computer wouldn't start for 2 days...
    4. until i told him to Cmos Jump Reset the computer...
    5. YAY it's alive again!
    6. unfortunately the computer dies... over and over again. 20minutes is tops what it can run until it shuts down?

    i was thinking if anyone of you guys could help me with this question:

    * ASUS GeForce GTX 760 2GB DirectCU II OC (GTX760-DC2OC-2GD5)

    * Corsair PowerSupply (PSU) CX 750M 750W

    * Corsair XMS3 Vengeance 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9) (2x4GB)

    * Intel Core i5-3570K - 4 trådar / 3,4GHz (3,8GHz Turbo) / 6MB / Socket 1155 (Boxed) (Upplåst) (77w)

    * Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 - Svart (Ej PSU)

    * Seagate Intern Hårddisk Barracuda 1TB (Cache 64MB / 7200RPM / Sata 6Gb/s) ST1000DM003

    DO ALL THESE.... WORK WITH

    *ASUS P8Z77-V LX - ATX / Z77


    That motherboard? or is the motherboard corrupted?

    the ram only runs at 1333mh/z and 1.5v... idk if it's the ram... at startup the ram flashes a red light for 1 second (?)

    all help will be appreciated!
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member reizon's Avatar
    Status
    reizon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    ★★★««Count from ONE to INFINITY twice, then I Just Might tell you»»★★★
    Posts
    9,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kikyo»»AyameChan»»NicoRobi
    n»»MeiT
    erumi»»BoaHancock»»Halibel
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    you are in a lot of mess lady.!!

    IT'S not much of help but get your computer to technical personnels, it seems much like a hardware issues rather than software.!!

     
         

  3. #3
    Semi-prodigy Naruko uzumaki's Avatar
    Status
    Naruko uzumaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Yūhi o mi
    Posts
    9,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you look before you
    leap,you may never leap.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    I think there is something wrong with RAM...maybe it's full...dattebayo!
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member Braveknight's Avatar
    Status
    Braveknight is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    fighting on front lines with Goku
    Posts
    5,270
    Post Thanks / Like
    meh
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    happened to me, the fan maybe broken or not working

    over heating

    motherboard or hard disk damage

    just take it to any repair shop and show them the problem
     
         

  5. #5
    Everztar's Avatar
    Status
    Everztar is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bird of paradise only
    alights on the hand that does
    not grasp.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Braveknight View Post
    happened to me, the fan maybe broken or not working

    over heating

    motherboard or hard disk damage

    just take it to any repair shop and show them the problem
    the thing is: if we can find what part is damaged, we can just RMA it... which will cost us nothing...
    turning it in... it's like 50 euros + any new piece that they must replace...

    the parts are about 7 days old
     
         

  6. #6
    Member Ver55e's Avatar
    Status
    Ver55e is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    RSA
    Posts
    516
    Post Thanks / Like
    Words are powerful tools when
    you know how to use them .
    because power is power
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Are u sure you connected everything the correct way. Always triple check
     
         

  7. #7
    -Sach-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Sach- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Old Trafford
    Posts
    9,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active
     



    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Your motherboard is faulty or overheating, did you used regulator?
     
         

  8. #8
    Everztar's Avatar
    Status
    Everztar is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bird of paradise only
    alights on the hand that does
    not grasp.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ver55e View Post
    Are u sure you connected everything the correct way. Always triple check
    even quadra checked :P
     
         

  9. #9
    Everztar's Avatar
    Status
    Everztar is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bird of paradise only
    alights on the hand that does
    not grasp.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by -Sach- View Post
    Your motherboard is faulty or overheating, did you used regulator?
    what do u mean with regulator?
     
         

  10. #10
    Member dbm007's Avatar
    Status
    dbm007 is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    CMOS battery has no more juice (that's why it doesn't remember settings).
    (This is easily and cheap to replace)

    If your computer dies after working on it for a couple of minutes sounds like overheating:
    http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php
    Is a handy tool, too see what the temperature is in your PC.

    GL with it.
     
         

  11. #11
    Banned
    Status
    Anonn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Reset your bios, Pull the battery from your motherboard. then unplug the pc completly. When done you try to power it on a few times without power so it has no rest energy left. Wait 10 minutes and then plug the battery in again so the complete bios is reset. if this doesnt work its a hardware fault and you should remove compontents untill found what is bugging the system.
     
         

  12. #12
    -Sach-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Sach- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Old Trafford
    Posts
    9,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active
     



    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by everztar View Post
    what do u mean with regulator?
    I was talking about stabilizer(life of an engineer, who gets confused with stabilizer and regulator).
    I mean check whether your PC is getting accurate voltage, by checking your other connection. If voltage has fluctuations then it may result into overheating.
    Other possibilities are, corrupted BIOS, or wrong ASUS utilities installed(try reinstalling it by removing it once), if you worked on both of them, then probably your PSU is faulty.
     
         

  13. #13
    Everztar's Avatar
    Status
    Everztar is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bird of paradise only
    alights on the hand that does
    not grasp.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by -Sach- View Post
    I was talking about stabilizer(life of an engineer, who gets confused with stabilizer and regulator).
    I mean check whether your PC is getting accurate voltage, by checking your other connection. If voltage has fluctuations then it may result into overheating.
    Other possibilities are, corrupted BIOS, or wrong ASUS utilities installed(try reinstalling it by removing it once), if you worked on both of them, then probably your PSU is faulty.
    wouldn't make sense if it's overheating in like 15 minutes (when been off for 24 hours) ?
    i have unplugged the battery, cmos resetted and a bunch of other stuffs... i might need to try it with other rams etc
    can't try it without graphics card since i only use a TV (hdmi cable) and can't use any other screen
     
         

  14. #14
    Everztar's Avatar
    Status
    Everztar is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bird of paradise only
    alights on the hand that does
    not grasp.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Crypsis View Post
    Reset your bios, Pull the battery from your motherboard. then unplug the pc completly. When done you try to power it on a few times without power so it has no rest energy left. Wait 10 minutes and then plug the battery in again so the complete bios is reset. if this doesnt work its a hardware fault and you should remove compontents untill found what is bugging the system.
    done all that
    1 ram didn't work either... (can't try with none) gotta check if my ram works then he can borrow it and try...
    what else hardware could it be?
     
         

  15. #15
    Banned
    Status
    Anonn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Then your power supply box thingy, doesn't generate enough energy could be an option

    or... the cool paste has been forgotten to apply so it won't cool down, but that is easy to check with a program. ''Speedfan''
     
         

  16. #16
    Everztar's Avatar
    Status
    Everztar is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bird of paradise only
    alights on the hand that does
    not grasp.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Crypsis View Post
    Then your power supply box thingy, doesn't generate enough energy could be an option

    or... the cool paste has been forgotten to apply so it won't cool down, but that is easy to check with a program. ''Speedfan''
    i will check the heat... it doesn't seem to be that it's 100% new items and they've used the thermal compound and all... really weird...
     
         

  17. #17
    B Ξ5T B Ξ H Δ V I O R -R-'s Avatar
    Status
    -R- is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,417
    Post Thanks / Like
    My October...
     



    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Tell the shop.
     
         

  18. #18
    Banned
    Status
    Anonn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,276
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by everztar View Post
    i will check the heat... it doesn't seem to be that it's 100% new items and they've used the thermal compound and all... really weird...
    if all that doesnt work then the best thing to do is go back with it to the shop and let them check it out! Sorry
     
         

  19. #19
    -Sach-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Sach- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Old Trafford
    Posts
    9,739
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active
     



    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by everztar View Post
    wouldn't make sense if it's overheating in like 15 minutes (when been off for 24 hours) ?
    i have unplugged the battery, cmos resetted and a bunch of other stuffs... i might need to try it with other rams etc
    can't try it without graphics card since i only use a TV (hdmi cable) and can't use any other screen
    You got yourself in a bit of situation out there.O_o Try it with other RAM, check fan and if didn't work, check your PSU, either use a multimeter or use a power supply tester.If still problem isn't fixed ,ask any hardware engineer/shop.
     
         

  20. #20
    Achumi dementeddiode's Avatar
    Status
    dementeddiode is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Deadpoolica
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Change the PSU - Not enough juice. Most probably a faulty one.
     
         

  21. #21
    Everztar's Avatar
    Status
    Everztar is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bird of paradise only
    alights on the hand that does
    not grasp.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by dementeddiode View Post
    Change the PSU - Not enough juice. Most probably a faulty one.
    how could 750w not be enough juice for his crappy machine? :/
     
         

  22. #22
    Achumi dementeddiode's Avatar
    Status
    dementeddiode is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Deadpoolica
    Posts
    45
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by everztar View Post
    how could 750w not be enough juice for his crappy machine? :/
    Doesn't always work that way. But if I was a betting man which I'm not - a faulty PSU. Happened to mine.
     
         

  23. #23
    Everztar's Avatar
    Status
    Everztar is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bird of paradise only
    alights on the hand that does
    not grasp.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by dementeddiode View Post
    Doesn't always work that way. But if I was a betting man which I'm not - a faulty PSU. Happened to mine.
    so your psu managed to run 20 mins and then didn't manage it anymore? =p
     
         

  24. #24
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxy z
    Status
    shashmaru is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where insanity is normal
    Posts
    3,759
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chill and Let Chill
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Probably issue with heatsink or faulty fan.Some BIOS shutdown the computer when the fan runs unproperly to protect the processors or it could be with the shitty Windows..mine gives BSOD whenever I open windows media player..probably issue with graphic card driver..It is unlikely any problem with the RAM if it fits it should work.You wont be able to boot with the faulty RAM..and in b/w just 5-10 mins are enough to heatup and shutdown
     
         

  25. #25
    Everztar's Avatar
    Status
    Everztar is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    sweden
    Posts
    2,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    The bird of paradise only
    alights on the hand that does
    not grasp.
     

    Re: [HELP PLZ] Computer not starting unless i cmos reset every time (?)

    Quote Originally Posted by delivaryboy View Post
    Probably issue with heatsink or faulty fan.Some BIOS shutdown the computer when the fan runs unproperly to protect the processors or it could be with the shitty Windows..mine gives BSOD whenever I open windows media player..probably issue with graphic card driver..It is unlikely any problem with the RAM if it fits it should work.You wont be able to boot with the faulty RAM..and in b/w just 5-10 mins are enough to heatup and shutdown
    but all fans are spinning? :c
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •