Status
    ♡Sasuke♡ solo's your
    favorite~!

Crisis Core I need help...

I can't seem to level up.

I finished the first mission which is somewhat more of a training exercise than an actual mission then proceeded to the story mission where you infiltrate some Wutai base. Enjoyable and all but after slashing and dicing countless enemies - the behemoth at the introductory sequence included - I noticed that my level doesn't go up regardless of the quantities of monsters and Wutai troops I kill which in this case is quite odd as I defeated all Wutai soldiers and those dog like creatures before proceeding to the area known as central square - I maxed out the stars which indicates the number of enemies annihilated. But even so I'm still at the initial level the character starts at - 6!

P.S I'm not wearing a Cursed Ring.

Yeah, I know; old game.

Status
    May 2013
    i love when what all the ppl
    can do is complain , instead
    of doing it better , is
    outstanding.

Re: Crisis Core I need help...

just watch a walkthrough or something.

Senior Member SAGE OF ALL ELEMENTS's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

I loved that game. There is no need to "Force" yourself to level up.

At the end of the game..you get to replay the game right from the beginning with normal/hard mode options. With all your current materia, level and weapon damage. Non storyline related quests will be reset too so you have to play them all to reset and reach the "Harder Missions"

Just play through each time..completing all the none storyline related quests and EVERYTHING each time..and soon your level will be extremely high.

I replayed the game 20 times. I could like one hit KO all the monsters in normal mode. The Final Boss Genesis is a piece of cake too for me too.

Status
    ♡Sasuke♡ solo's your
    favorite~!

Quote Originally Posted by SAGE OF ALL ELEMENTS View Post
    I loved that game. There is no need to "Force" yourself to level up.

At the end of the game..you get to replay the game right from the beginning with normal/hard mode options. With all your current materia, level and weapon damage. Non storyline related quests will be reset too so you have to play them all to reset and reach the "Harder Missions"

Just play through each time..completing all the none storyline related quests and EVERYTHING each time..and soon your level will be extremely high.

I replayed the game 20 times. I could like one hit KO all the monsters in normal mode. The Final Boss Genesis is a piece of cake too for me too.
    That surely helped.
    But now I have two other questions: Question#1 does this game require me to use a walkthrough to acquire all rare items in the game or is it easy to create/get powerful materias and accessories? Question#2 so based on your answer in my question about not leveling up can I finish the game at level 6 because the stat system seems similar to Dissidia's?
    Quote Originally Posted by scorezor View Post
    just watch a walkthrough or something.
    I have a walkthrough in text format but it doesn't really say anything about leveling up. I also don't want to spoil anything plot related by watching a walkthrough online.

Senior Member SAGE OF ALL ELEMENTS's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Of Thy Soul View Post
    That surely helped.
    But now I have two other questions: Question#1 does this game require me to use a walkthrough to acquire all rare items in the game or is it easy to create/get powerful materias and accessories? Question#2 so based on your answer in my question about not leveling up can I finish the game at level 6 because the stat system seems similar to Dissidia's? .
    Oops..Sorry about the Spoiler as Genesis as the Last Boss.

I am currently unfamiliar with the the stat system since it has been around 3-4 years since i last played it. Only Remembered some information about it since i was so obsessed with it back then.

It is not that easy to get Powerful Materia and accessories without a walkthrough. Even after my 5th playthrough..I am still finding more and more things i am surprised by.

The strongest Materia from a SHOP is regular materia that ends with a "GA" with no other word in front.

Materia can be found in non-storyline missions(Don't know if you unlocked that yet). "Darkness" was one of the materia i really loved using.

You know the thing about random "Power Surge" that happens sometimes? You can get stronger "Power Surges" such as "Ifrit" and many others. The only disadvantage is that you have to replay the non-storyline missions to get them again with each playthrough once more.

Materia that begins with "Hell" or "Tri" are one of the strongest class of materia in the game

Example "Tri Blizziga"/"Hell Blizziga. You may have a not so easy time getting them on your first playthrough.

Don't worry if you lose a materia for some reason. You can get it again via the next replay. Even the Storyline ones.

Last thing. It is IMPOSSIBLE to reach endgame at level 6. I got to level 30+ on my first playthrough alone. I used no guides at all.

Status
    Oct 2012
    "D" will definitely
    bring forth another storm!

Its an awesome game!! Loved it!!!

Um, just go around killing random monsters then youll level up