Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Weird coincidence

Why is it that naruto's whirlpool symbol, the elder son's eyes, and tobi's mask all have an identical spiral pattern? Any theories or ideas? Seems to much of a coincidence that kishi keeps using this symbol. Maybe uzamaki are both uchiha and senju? Who knows lol.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oxford Comma

Re: Weird coincidence

Naruto's whirlpool symbol is the Uzumaki clan symbol. Uzumaki also means whirpool, right? And there was the Land of whirlpools, right?

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your arms are just too short
    to box with God.

Here come the Rikudou Uzumaki theorists.

Status
    Jun 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Status no has user this.

Shut up .

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Sir Derp Obito has a theory on that.

I am not sure if he 'published' it, or not, yet - so I won't reveal too much of it... but it ties into Origins according to the Shinto gods/goddesses.

Ah, yes, here it is: http://narutobase.net/forums/showthread.php?t=452056

Last edited by Aim64C; 01-28-2014 at 02:48 AM. Reason: Edit to add link.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    -

Let's not revisit this.

Academy Student
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

excuze me, i think uzumakiz are fr0m the hidden eddie village of the land of eddies...

You will burn Veritas. Sir Blades of Chaos's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    You would never guess, but its at my house ;)
    Post Thanks / Like
    #TH United.

Because Kishi ran out of symbols to use.

Status
    Nov 2011
    I'm where you see, where you think, and where you can't understand
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i don't think there's connection between these spirals

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awaiting my inevitable ban.

The only thing weird here to me is that:
    1. I am fanboying the gal in my avatar over Hēi
    2. You just realized this by now.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    "One should make his
    decisions within the space of
    seventh breath"

Just coincidences.

But dude, this is a serious coincidence, it's real freaky:

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Blades of Chaos View Post
    Because Kishi ran out of symbols to use.
    This would be quite unlikely.

Many authors - particularly the graphical variety - love symbolism both literal and figurative. There is no question as to what influences/inspiration Kishimoto is drawing from.

The question is in which direction(s) he will allow it to be expressed within Naruto.

Izanami, for example, was not what I would have expected. Izanagi rejected death at every turn and fled from it. This was reflected very well in the eye technique bearing his name. Izanami, on the other hand, embraced death and mortality - attempting to ensnare Izanagi within a loose concept of Hades (alternatively, one could simply see it as mortality). While the eye technique created by Kishimoto to represent Izanami does link in to the lore... it seems completely underwhelming by comparison. I would have figured Izanami would have been a temporary nullification of all Genjutsu or a genjutsu that binds the life of one to another (similar to the Shinigami/Reaper) symbolizing more the spirit of embracing mortality/death as opposed to rejecting it.

Kishimoto's implementation of Izanami was entirely different and seemed to be over-complicated for an effect that was really only useful on people suffering an identity crisis or Sharingan-Spiders spamming Izanagi (because apparently there were a lot of Uchiha with the Mangekyo Sharingan, Senju DNA, and enough eyes to make Izanagi a serious problem).

So it doesn't always work to infer that relative importance/function of the things Kishimoto draws inspiration from are a strong indicator of how things in Naruto will work.

Though it does often work to predict what other concepts will end up being introduced as the story progresses. It's just when and exactly what those will be that is difficult to answer.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

its just something kishi likes to use it doesnt mean theyre that much connected to each other
    rasengan also means spiral there's a part1 and part2 chapter in the war called whirling and enduring
    theres a lot of things with spirals

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

There are spirals all over naruto. Look behind the god tree, in or around the elder toad. Its like the manga uzumaki he might be obsessed with the swirl.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Please no

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Semi-active

Illuminati reference within naruto

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim64C View Post

Many authors - particularly the graphical variety - love symbolism both literal and figurative. There is no question as to what influences/inspiration Kishimoto is drawing from.

The question is in which direction(s) he will allow it to be expressed within Naruto.

Izanami, for example, was not what I would have expected. Izanagi rejected death at every turn and fled from it. This was reflected very well in the eye technique bearing his name. Izanami, on the other hand, embraced death and mortality - attempting to ensnare Izanagi within a loose concept of Hades (alternatively, one could simply see it as mortality). While the eye technique created by Kishimoto to represent Izanami does link in to the lore... it seems completely underwhelming by comparison. I would have figured Izanami would have been a temporary nullification of all Genjutsu or a genjutsu that binds the life of one to another (similar to the Shinigami/Reaper) symbolizing more the spirit of embracing mortality/death as opposed to rejecting it.

Kishimoto's implementation of Izanami was entirely different and seemed to be over-complicated for an effect that was really only useful on people suffering an identity crisis or Sharingan-Spiders spamming Izanagi (because apparently there were a lot of Uchiha with the Mangekyo Sharingan, Senju DNA, and enough eyes to make Izanagi a serious problem).

So it doesn't always work to infer that relative importance/function of the things Kishimoto draws inspiration from are a strong indicator of how things in Naruto will work.

Though it does often work to predict what other concepts will end up being introduced as the story progresses. It's just when and exactly what those will be that is difficult to answer.
    What I like about this was that we never really payed attention to the fact that izanagi was such a problem would suggest that quite a few uchihas had mangekyo. So how many could have read the tablet.?

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #TH United.

Quote Originally Posted by Aim64C View Post

OH MY GOSH I WAS KIDDING, dont waste so much space on this thread. Bro some of us just like to have fun. Dont take everything so seriously. DAT BLOCK O TEXT.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    #TH United.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Usman View Post
    Illuminati reference within naruto
    Show me .

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status

The Elder Son's Eyes are merely the Sealed Doūjutsu of the Sharingan which later broke when the Elder Son felt hatred towards the Younger Son. It's not an evolution of the EMS nor is it a watered down version of the Rinnegan. It's simply the ocular manifestation of the seal.

Last edited by Sir Derp Obito; 01-28-2014 at 03:32 AM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has derp status

This guy came to the same conclusion as I did, a month after I wrote mine:

Quote Originally Posted by MilwaukeegHost View Post
    THEORY: The hatred created from the Sage's decision for Younger Son as his successor gave birth to the Elder Son's SHARINGAN, or TOMOE. The "whirlpool eye" of the Elder son is the result of the Sage sealing away the Sharingan Tomoe.

The Sealed Doujutsu Theory:

************************************************** *************************************

INTRODUCTION: I will start with the manga below, because it contains two important starting points:

1) "The Elder Son was born with the Sage's Eyes"
    2) "The Eternal Curse of Hatred was born FROM THIS DECISION"

1) Since it is not stated that A) the Sage was born with these "whirlpool eyes"... nor is it stated that B) the Elders Son's "whirlpool eyes" were a mutation... it is only a THEORY that the Elder Son was NOT born with the Sage's REAL eyes (Rinnegan) at birth, as stated in manga. Also, since C) this whirlpool eye is NOT a part of the evolution of the Sharigan back into the Rinnegan (S, MS, EMS, R) we cannot just assume that the Rinnegan degraded into this "whirlpool eye".

2) This point of the "Eternal Curse of Hatred" being born from the Sage's decision will be described in the manga pages below.

We see above that the Sharingan, which is literally the birth of a TOMOE (make note of this, its important) is described as "the eye that reflects feelings", and these feelings are obviously HATRED. Furthermore, we read that "the Sharingan alligns with the person's feelings... the deeper their darkness becomes, the more POWERFUL his eyes get". The sharingan evolves from the initial one tomoe through INCREASED PAIN/HATRED.

The theory of my thread is that although he was born with the real Rinnegan, the hatred created from the Sage's decision for a successor gave birth to the Elder Son's SHARINGAN TOMOE. The Sharingan closely resembles not the Rinnegan, but the Juubi's eye itself... If we look at the images below, we can see that the Juubi itself has a Rinnegan-like red eye WITH 9 TOMOE in it. But the Sage's Rinnegan is not red and does NOT have any Tomoe...

Red Eyes, With 3 Tomoe:

Red Eye, with 9 Tomoe:

Purple Eyes, with No Tomoe:

9 Tomoe, seperated from the Rinnegan circles:

From the above images, we see that the Sharingan actually resembles the Juubi Eye, not the Sage's Rinnegan. More importantly, the last image shows the Sage wearing a coat resembling the 9 tomoe SEPERATED from the Rinnegan! It is obvious that the Sage knew or developed sealing techniques to defeat the Juubi, so it is not impossible to believe he could seal away the eyes of the Elder Son, if he indeed gave birth to the Sharingan. Especially when recognizing the whirlpool spiral IS the sign of the Uzumaki Clan (Uzumaki meaning "whirlpool"), and symbol shown on their sealing techniques:

Uzumaki Clan Spiral Symbol

Fuuinjutsu (Sealing Technique) Spiral

Whirlpool symbol of Naruto's Seal:

If the sharingan tomoe are born in EVERY UCHIHA through hatred, is it not important to note Madara saying the "birth" of this curse of hatred started with the Elder Son himself...? Wouldn't this imply that he would also give birth to a sharingan tomoe (like the rest of his clan) when finding out he would not be his father's successor...?

SUMMARY:
    In ancient culture, the ELDER SON is always given the honor of "head of the family" through divine birthright.
    As an Uchiha, the amount of pain experienced by the Elder Son when disgraced in this fashion would surely create enough HATE to give birth to a red eye tomoe... and the Sage, knowing the root of this tomoe (steming from the malecious Juubi chakra) would be obligated to try and seal off his son's eyes. Hence, we have the creation of the "whirlpool eye" of the Elder Son.
    In conclusion, this theory is very plausable because:

1) The Sage knew sealing techniques
    2) All Uchiha who have awakened the Sharingan... were born from extreme hatred
    3) The Elder Son experienced the most degrading hatred in ancient culture (stripped of birthrights)
    4) Red Eye Tomoe is seen in the Juubi, not Sage
    5) The Elder Son is stated to have been born with the Sage's Eyes, (Sage Eyes = Rinnegan) but he is seen with WHIRLPOOL SPIRIL eyes, which happens to be the ultimate symbol of sealing techniques!

************************************************** **************************************
    Special Note: The POWER of the SO6P himself is said to have been created from him developing the technique of sealing the Juubi, which is the seal of the Jinchurriki....

....and we also know that the process of USING the power of a bijuu as a perfect Jinchurriki (like Bee/Naruto) involves REMOVING ALL HATRED FROM YOUR SOUL at the Waterfall of Truth. Since all bijuu are pieces of the Juubi (Foul Chakra) itself, and described as "...Will, comprised as a mass of HATRED..." "...that connects itself to the hatred in your heart"....

...I presume this process (removing hatred from soul) was also created/practiced by the Sage himself, which allowed him to USE the chakra of the Juubi itself (described as "Massive and FOUL") as a Perfect Jinchurriki and not be consumed by its massive hatred. Without removing all hatred from his soul, the Elder Son could be consumed by this potential foul chakra stemming from hatred... creating the beginning of the Uchiha's Curse of Hatred shared by bloodline for the entire clan.

-gHost Senju, K.U.S.H. Sage

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awaiting my inevitable ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Derp Obito View Post
    This guy came to the same conclusion as I did, a month after I wrote mine:
    There were some good ass members at that time.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Team Hashirama

We just gonna have be patient..I guess