Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Uchiha Clan member Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Usman is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia GMT+10
    Posts
    23,427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uni has begun again. Catch up
    with youse later!
     

    Secret behind Luffy's number

    Figured it out . I love a good old mystery puzzle

    - Luffy’s number during the Dressrosa arc's tournament is 0556.
    - Luffy was born on May 05, so that explains the “05″ part,
    - 5-6 is actually go-mu in japanese, which makes sense coz Luffy is rubber (gomu),
    - So that explains the “56″ part. Lucy = rushi (in japanese pronunciation), to honor Master Roshi (Luffy is also disguised, just like Master Roshi was)

    Two of the best anime ever created collide !!


    Just go get you more pumped for tommorow's chapter

     
         
    Last edited by Uchiha Usman; 01-28-2014 at 03:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member AllseeingSharingan's Avatar
    Status
    AllseeingSharingan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Nice find although little meaning too do with the story but still nice find
     
         

  3. #3
    Senior Member Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar
    Status
    Yusuke Urameshi is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Hanging Neck Island
    Posts
    6,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    "Roku" is "six" in Japanese. To my (very limited) knowledge, "mu" isn't "six". But I could very well be wrong.
     
         

  4. #4
    NB's Black God KuroKami's Avatar
    Status
    KuroKami is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    (─‿‿─)
    Posts
    10,772
    Post Thanks / Like
    Life's a comedy like my last
    name Griffin
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    "Roku" is "six" in Japanese. To my (very limited) knowledge, "mu" isn't "six". But I could very well be wrong.
    Man! I finally finished YYH

    OT: Very interesting. I love when mangas give a shoutout to my favorite anime (DBZ). And that spoiler, I can't wait to see Sabo in the ring!!
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member vasu 32's Avatar
    Status
    vasu 32 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no such thing as true
    peace,there is no such thing
    as hope and it's a biggest
    deception of all
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    lol,lucy thing was sort of a little you know with hiro mashima,creater of ft,if i were to believe the news.
    lucy is a character of fairy tail. It seems there were some thing going b/w oda and mashima,that when mashima started tournament in ft,few weeks later oda started the tournament in onepiece and named luffy-lucy.
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member Yo Momma San's Avatar
    Status
    Yo Momma San is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    East Blue
    Posts
    9,894
    Post Thanks / Like
    凸(⊙▂⊙✖ )
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Dammit, I thought the "556" part was hinting towards Luffy's bounty after Dressrosa. Oh well, nice find/research! :D
     
         

  7. #7
    Member the nine tails's Avatar
    Status
    the nine tails is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    515
    Post Thanks / Like
    people can change
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by Yusuke Urameshi View Post
    "Roku" is "six" in Japanese. To my (very limited) knowledge, "mu" isn't "six". But I could very well be wrong.
    actually your not wrong at all roku is six ... i don't know where mu came frm ? /;
     
         

  8. #8
    (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Mr. Outside's Avatar
    Status
    Mr. Outside is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa.
    Posts
    9,422
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you belonged to a political
    party or a social club that
    was tied to as much bigotry,
    misogyny, homophobia,
    violence, and sheer ignorance
    as religion is, you'd resign
    in protest.
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Nice work bro
     
         

  9. #9
    Whisteria Tiger rinnemaki's Avatar
    Status
    rinnemaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    9,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    That's true. And I also think his next bounty will be
    556,000,000 Beli
     
         

  10. #10
    Uchiha Clan member Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Usman is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia GMT+10
    Posts
    23,427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uni has begun again. Catch up
    with youse later!
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    That's true. And I also think his next bounty will be
    556,000,000 Beli
    I say nay. Lets see who's true when the times comes.

    Lets make a bet. Whoever, looses they rep the other ? If Luffy's next bounty is in fact 556 Million beri then i shall rep you if not then you rep me. I'll subscribe to this thread to remember Others want to join in this bet, your welcome to
     
         

  11. #11
    Whisteria Tiger rinnemaki's Avatar
    Status
    rinnemaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    9,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Usman View Post
    I say nay. Lets see who's true when the times comes.

    Lets make a bet. Whoever, looses they rep the other ? If Luffy's next bounty is in fact 556 Million beri then i shall rep you if not then you rep me. I'll subscribe to this thread to remember Others want to join in this bet, your welcome to
    Yeah! Let's do this!

    I won a bet just like this when Fujitora was first introduced...

    BRING IT ON!
     
         

  12. #12
    Shitty Chef Love Cook's Avatar
    Status
    Love Cook is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    All Blue
    Posts
    2,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by vasu 32 View Post
    lol,lucy thing was sort of a little you know with hiro mashima,creater of ft,if i were to believe the news.
    lucy is a character of fairy tail. It seems there were some thing going b/w oda and mashima,that when mashima started tournament in ft,few weeks later oda started the tournament in onepiece and named luffy-lucy.
    If I were to believe the news? You just made that up because is obviously not true, or do you think that oda each week thinks gee, where should I take my story now ? He got the main lines planned years in advance, and has a six week buffer with chapters that are already roughly finished but need to be decorated by his assistants.

    ---------

    About the issue that Roku or Mu is six. Both are correct. I don't know the exact explanation behind it but there are different ways to pronounce numbers in certain context. I'm sure everybody can count to ten in Japanese when they have seen enough anime, so roku (rokuubi or Rokutoryu) is definitely six, but so is Mu: http://www.kanjijapanese.com/en/dict...ese-english/mu

    I remember the story of from the opening post being either in a SBS or was verified by Greg from another forum that I can't name here, right after the start of the tournament arc.

    So to say that you figured it out after a good puzzle is obviously false, the only puzzle is why it took you like 40 weeks to find this information.
     
         
    Last edited by Love Cook; 01-29-2014 at 08:50 AM.

  13. #13
    Whisteria Tiger rinnemaki's Avatar
    Status
    rinnemaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    9,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by Love Cook View Post
    If I were to believe the news? You just made that up because is obviously not true, or do you think that oda each week thinks gee, where should I take my story now ? He got the main lines planned years in advance, and has a six week buffer with chapters that are already roughly finished but need to be decorated by his assistants.

    ---------

    About the issue that Roku or Mu is six. Both are correct. I don't know the exact explanation behind it but there are different ways to pronounce numbers in certain context. I'm sure everybody can count to ten in Japanese when they have seen enough anime, so roku (rokuubi or Rokutoryu) is definitely six, but so is Mu: http://www.kanjijapanese.com/en/dict...ese-english/mu

    I remember the story of from the opening post being either in a SBS or was verified by Greg from another forum that I can't name here, right after the start of the tournament arc.

    So to say that you figured it out after a good puzzle is obviously false, the only puzzle is why it took you like 20 weeks to find this information.
    40 weeks *
     
         

  14. #14
    Uchiha Clan member Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Usman is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia GMT+10
    Posts
    23,427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uni has begun again. Catch up
    with youse later!
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    Yeah! Let's do this!

    I won a bet just like this when Fujitora was first introduced...

    BRING IT ON!
    Oh reary? What was the bet you made when fujitora was introduced?

    Ok, then. Im pumped now!!
     
         

  15. #15
    Whisteria Tiger rinnemaki's Avatar
    Status
    rinnemaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    9,483
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ahho Zurako...
    Phoaaaarrrrrr!!!! She's
    definitely a 10!
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Usman View Post
    Oh reary? What was the bet you made when fujitora was introduced?

    Ok, then. Im pumped now!!
    The bet was regarding his DF and whether it was Sound or Gravity
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member Skylar Knight's Avatar
    Status
    Skylar Knight is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NarutoBase
    Posts
    3,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because people don't have
    wings, we look for ways to
    fly.
     



    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    The number '0556' is a parallel actually. We all know it is the number he's using to participate in the contest to win over his brother's fruit and will. But not many people are aware that it is also the number of the chapter he arrived at Marineford to save his brother from execution.
     
         

  17. #17
    Uchiha Clan member Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Usman is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia GMT+10
    Posts
    23,427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uni has begun again. Catch up
    with youse later!
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by rinnemaki View Post
    The bet was regarding his DF and whether it was Sound or Gravity
    , even i wouldve said gravity because sound is Scratchman Apoo's
     
         

  18. #18
    Uchiha Clan member Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Usman is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia GMT+10
    Posts
    23,427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uni has begun again. Catch up
    with youse later!
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylar Knight View Post
    The number '0556' is a parallel actually. We all know it is the number he's using to participate in the contest to win over his brother's fruit and will. But not many people are aware that it is also the number of the chapter he arrived at Marineford to save his brother from execution.
    Skylar, thats a very good pickup! I didnt realise!
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member Skylar Knight's Avatar
    Status
    Skylar Knight is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NarutoBase
    Posts
    3,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because people don't have
    wings, we look for ways to
    fly.
     



    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Usman View Post
    Skylar, thats a very good pickup! I didnt realise!
    I read it somewhere a few months back and it's obviously not a coincidence.

    Oda, you genius, it's the small things that count.
     
         

  20. #20
    One King One Legend
    Status
    ArabianLuffy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,388
    Post Thanks / Like
    Simply Being President
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Usman View Post
    I say nay. Lets see who's true when the times comes.

    Lets make a bet. Whoever, looses they rep the other ? If Luffy's next bounty is in fact 556 Million beri then i shall rep you if not then you rep me. I'll subscribe to this thread to remember Others want to join in this bet, your welcome to
    I'm easily leaning towards the idea of Luffy's next bounty to be 556 it makes a lot sense to me.
     
         

  21. #21
    Uchiha Clan member Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Usman is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Sydney, Australia GMT+10
    Posts
    23,427
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uni has begun again. Catch up
    with youse later!
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by ArabianLuffy View Post
    I'm easily leaning towards the idea of Luffy's next bounty to be 556 it makes a lot sense to me.
    HA! You're gonna be wrong like Rinnemaki. All of Luffy's bounties have been definite numbers.

    1) 30 Million beri
    2) 100 Million beri
    3) 300 Million beri
    4) 400 Million beri

    Judging by that pattern, Luffy's next bounty cannot. I repeat cannot be 556 million beri.
     
         

  22. #22
    Senior Member thegame's Avatar
    Status
    thegame is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    3,148
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Brilliant ahaha that is Oda for you! Nicely spotted.
     
         

  23. #23
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Dressrosa
    Posts
    15,960
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Usman View Post
    Figured it out . I love a good old mystery puzzle

    - Luffy’s number during the Dressrosa arc's tournament is 0556.
    - Luffy was born on May 05, so that explains the “05″ part,
    - 5-6 is actually go-mu in japanese, which makes sense coz Luffy is rubber (gomu),
    - So that explains the “56″ part. Lucy = rushi (in japanese pronunciation), to honor Master Roshi (Luffy is also disguised, just like Master Roshi was)

    Two of the best anime ever created collide !!


    Just go get you more pumped for tommorow's chapter

    No offense, but I'm getting kinda tired of these threads of yours or more precise the way you explain yourself. It's the same as in the Reverie thread where you give a complete pointless, very inaccurate calculation just to say something everyone already knew.

    Can there be a hidden meaning behind his number? Of course, Oda does stuff like that all the time, but I find your reasoning again extremely crude and then you act like you somehow solved it completely, 100% guarantee it's right, you love a good riddle while it's still very possible that there might be no riddle at all. That it's just a random number is still a possibility.

    Luffy was born on the 5th of May or with other words the 5th day of the 5th month, two 5's. So there you can already find a wrench blocking your reasoning as the two 5's are then taken. Then what about the 6? It might just be an additional pun, but why does he do that only at the end? But why is there only one zero, if it's the day and month, shouldn't there be two zero's? But why would he only do the day and not the month or only the month and not the day? And what does his date of birth have directly to do with his DF ability? Why is there even a zero at all? Normally you start with one and then count upwards. My point is that this is so extremely random, that if you are going to search the entire manga, you probably can find countless of reasons to explain the usage of these numbers and then you start here proclaiming you solved it. The reason might even be not related to OP and be the favourite number of his wive or something.

    You might be correct, but the chance that you are not only off the mark, but that you do not even approach it remotely is not small either. At least just deposit this as being a possibility and not that this is somehow a finished business and that the only thing you still need is the formality of having it confirmed.

    And that Lucy = Roushi is not something you made up, it's nothing new either. That has been going around from the moment people started the whole thing of Hiro and Oda are mocking each other. I myself mentioned it already a few times on NB. I personally strongly believe that Oda intentionally did this as he admitted himself he was strongly influenced by Dragonball and master Roushi himself once participated in Goku's first MA tournament, disguising himself as a younger person named Jackie Chan/Chun (not really sure anymore of the name). Now Luffy does the exact opposite, disguising himself as an old man called Lucy/Roushi. You did not make that up and it has also no relevance to these numbers whatsoever.

    The only things I see you do lately is just copy pasting stuff other people made =/

    Quote Originally Posted by vasu 32 View Post
    lol,lucy thing was sort of a little you know with hiro mashima,creater of ft,if i were to believe the news.
    lucy is a character of fairy tail. It seems there were some thing going b/w oda and mashima,that when mashima started tournament in ft,few weeks later oda started the tournament in onepiece and named luffy-lucy.
    That's an urban legend, a rumor that was made by people who saw some shallow resemblances between the current FT and OP arcs, but that has NEVER been proven nor admitted by anyone. This is also the origin of the whole Lucy = Roushi stuff as one of the most used arguments was that Oda's Lucy referred to Hiro's Lucy and to invalidate that people pointed the Roushi stuff out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Skylar Knight View Post
    The number '0556' is a parallel actually. We all know it is the number he's using to participate in the contest to win over his brother's fruit and will. But not many people are aware that it is also the number of the chapter he arrived at Marineford to save his brother from execution.
    This makes much more sense than this entire gomu and birthday thing. The only thing that's still iffy is the first zero, but maybe that's how they count participants in Japan.
     
         

  24. #24
    Senior Member Skylar Knight's Avatar
    Status
    Skylar Knight is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NarutoBase
    Posts
    3,550
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because people don't have
    wings, we look for ways to
    fly.
     



    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    This makes much more sense than this entire gomu and birthday thing. The only thing that's still iffy is the first zero, but maybe that's how they count participants in Japan.
    It could also be that Oda is hinting that the series will reach at least 1000 chapters, even though he's been hinting at that for ages now. I guess we really won't know for sure without Oda confirming it.
     
         

  25. #25
    Revolutionary Sabo Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    8,294
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's awesome how the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Secret behind Luffy's number

    this is like an illuminati cryptic message, people look so much into something that the basic rule of large numbers kicks in and they find some weird coincidence about something and than not only think it was intentional but blow it way out of proportions

    but the weird thing would be if there were no coincidences in a large amount of data
     
         
    Last edited by Algalon; 01-29-2014 at 02:22 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •