Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Member Psycho Ronin's Avatar
    Status
    Psycho Ronin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    116
    This user has no status.
     

    Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    Jiraiya told Kakashi that people should "talk to each other on a daily basis even if it's small talk or your heart will become dark and serious"...

    I know it's just an anime but that line...I don't know...kinda spoke to me. Do you think there's any truth to those words in real life?

    Do most loners wind up being dark and serious eventually?

    I wouln't exactly call myself a loner. I chat to many people from different areas of my life, I have about three close friends, and girls I know stop to chat with me from time to time. I just don't have a specific group of friends that I hang out with when class is out. Heh heh kinda like Naruto/Kakashi in a way! Also I'm quite happy with myself but ironically, I only feel "dark" "serious" and alone (mabye even a bit jealous) when I'm around lots of people.
     
         

  2. #2
    Naruto.'s Avatar
    Status
    Naruto. is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    43,288
    Location
    At an abandoned porch
    The Revamp = Half Life 3
     



    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    Only 'lonely' people feel their heart getting darker and serious. Lonely people need people, loners don't. So, if you're a loner, your heart won't get darker and serious, simple as that. Tho, too much isolation from people can affect a person's brain.
     
         

  3. #3
    Banned
    Status
    reizon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    10,091
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    maybe there is some truth to it.!!

    but I don't get it, is there anyone who wouldn't talk at all.??

    its just talking, everyone does it all the time.!!
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member EnDash's Avatar
    Status
    EnDash is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,865
    Location
    where no man has ever dared to enter before
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Ronin View Post
    Jiraiya told Kakashi that people should "talk to each other on a daily basis even if it's small talk or your heart will become dark and serious"...

    I know it's just an anime but that line...I don't know...kinda spoke to me. Do you think there's any truth to those words in real life?

    Do most loners wind up being dark and serious eventually?

    I wouln't exactly call myself a loner. I chat to many people from different areas of my life, I have about three close friends, and girls I know stop to chat with me from time to time. I just don't have a specific group of friends that I hang out with when class is out. Heh heh kinda like Naruto/Kakashi in a way! Also I'm quite happy with myself but ironically, I only feel "dark" "serious" and alone (mabye even a bit jealous) when I'm around lots of people.
    yes, there is a lot of merit to that quote. When you feel alone you tend to push away your friends, and because of that you feel more alone and push them away even more. it's a sort of cycle that gets you more and more depressed and is very hard to get out of. even loners need to talk to someone every once in a while. there is a difference between wanting time for yourself and isolation. no one wants to be completly alone for the rest of their lives.
     
         

  5. #5
    The Dark Flash Obsession4440's Avatar
    Status
    Obsession4440 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,516
    Location
    Behind You!
    Everything we hear is an
    opinion, not a fact....
    Everything we see is a
    perspective, not the truth..
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    it's true including what you said as well....
     
         

  6. #6
    Senior Member Hebi Sasuke's Avatar
    Status
    Hebi Sasuke is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    3,108
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    It just depends,I think that people who are truly pure at heart even if they are lonely or loners don't get dark(twisted dark and evil). Usually people who went dark are the ones who are shunned from their social environment.
     
         

  7. #7
    The Dark Flash Obsession4440's Avatar
    Status
    Obsession4440 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,516
    Location
    Behind You!
    Everything we hear is an
    opinion, not a fact....
    Everything we see is a
    perspective, not the truth..
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Minato. View Post
    Only 'lonely' people feel their heart getting darker and serious. Lonely people need people, loners don't. So, if you're a loner, your heart won't get darker and serious, simple as that. Tho, too much isolation from people can affect a person's brain.
    loved the sig minato dude....! Awesome....! (Y)
     
         

  8. #8
    Get up, Survive, Go bed. Lonely Uchiha's Avatar
    Status
    Lonely Uchiha is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,957
    Location
    The Shire.
    I lucid dream everynight,
    almost like its another
    world.. my very own world.
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    Hm, its somewhat true.
     
         

  9. #9
    I like Boobs Bindu45's Avatar
    Status
    Bindu45 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    526
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    yeah i think there is some truth to it. i can kinda relate to that because i have gotten more serious now that im about to graduate high school but that might be me just maturing
     
         

  10. #10
    Naruto.'s Avatar
    Status
    Naruto. is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    43,288
    Location
    At an abandoned porch
    The Revamp = Half Life 3
     



    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession4440 View Post
    loved the sig minato dude....! Awesome....! (Y)
    Thank you. xD
     
         

  11. #11
    Member Psycho Ronin's Avatar
    Status
    Psycho Ronin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    116
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    Quote Originally Posted by EnDash View Post
    yes, there is a lot of merit to that quote. When you feel alone you tend to push away your friends, and because of that you feel more alone and push them away even more. it's a sort of cycle that gets you more and more depressed and is very hard to get out of. even loners need to talk to someone every once in a while. there is a difference between wanting time for yourself and isolation. no one wants to be completly alone for the rest of their lives.
    Yeah I agree 100%. This is spot on! There's nothing wrong with solitude - but for the rest of your life? No ways (unless you're trying to be the next forever alone meme or something).
     
         

  12. #12
    Kishi Uzumaki Merimac's Avatar
    Status
    Merimac is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,577
    Location
    Too Far Away In The Horizon
    The perfect blossom is a rare
    thing. You could spend your
    life looking for one, and it
    would not be a wasted life.
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    More than not talking with people , hardships of life is , what makes a person dark and serious but if you can have some good in your heart even though life's very hard then although we become serious , we won't become dark .
     
         

  13. #13
    Evil Boy Genius Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    17,537
    Location
    DWMA
    #panneverfails
     



    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    Cartoons, anime, and anything TV/Movie related can have amazing lines, so "I know it's an anime, but" doesn't work. Everything can be inspiring and have messages you can take from it.

    I agree with that line. Don't force yourself if it's not your nature, but give it a try. Find your happiness.
     
         

  14. #14
    The ghost of NB Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Usman is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    24,165
    Location
    Where you aren't
    I bet i'm older and wiser than
    you are.
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    NOT going into the real world over a period of time can screw with one's mind. That person will be out of the loop of current events, fashion and that person will not behave like a ordinary human anymore.

    I read true story in one of my psychology units at University, where a boy was adopted and raised by wolves. He walked on all fours, was hairy/dirty and growled at people. This proves my earlier point of not acting normal if one does not socialise with other humans
     
         

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Status
    KillerbYo is offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,498
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    Honestly yes, there might be a truth to that, i am very social, i knew a girl who was like super antisocial and she was extremely gloomy.
     
         

  16. #16
    Exiled Samurai Grimreaper8019's Avatar
    Status
    Grimreaper8019 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    299
    "One should make his
    decisions within the space of
    seventh breath"
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    It's up to the person if they get dark and serious.
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member GhostProject's Avatar
    Status
    GhostProject is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,445
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Socialise or you'll become dark and serious?

    I actually do think this is a true thing, not having experienced it nor seen it, but it just seems right. When I got lonely at times, I wanted to lash out and I guess you could say I tried to get dark (mean, unfriendly, sociopathic), but I found I just can't do it for some reason, so maybe that's an indication that it's up to the person.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •