Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

thoughts on good luck charlie?

Good luck charlie introduced a lesbian couple in one of its most recent episodes, and what do you think about it?
    -
    personally I think that this was a bad move. Speaking from a objective standpoint homosexuality should be introduced to people in their teens. Disney channel is a place where children from all walks of life come to watch without their religion/culture/heritage being abused. it is a safe place with no conflict of morals. Homosexuality is still viewed as wrong by many scientific/religious/cultural organizations and families, and if a show comes around and tries forcing it upon children that it is right, then that show is attacking the children's beliefs and customs. I mean would you want Good luck charlie to go around bashing gays? well it is the same thing as it promoting it. This is a channel for kids and I don't believe political debates should be introduced on the channel. Because like I said there are alot of children who come from various background which they will be harmed in their own pursuit of life. I know that every person will know of homosexuality when they are older and may even choose to go down that path later, but for now, I believe that children should have this time to be free to follow their customs/religion/scientific beliefs, without people trying to force theirs on them. I mean why go insulting all the millions of people who grow up in a scientific home that talks about the misfortunes of homosexuality or a religious home where it is viewed a offense to their god/God/gods /g-d or against their culture. I think it is really unfair to the kids. Shows like modern family are doing it right, because teenagers will need to know that this stuff exists. Anyway sorry for the rant lol
    -
    in short I think this stuff should be introduced to children in their teens, because children still have their scientific/religious/cultural beliefs, and those should be respected, until their old enough to comprehend this stuff.

I'm an experience pepper Cruciatus's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Proud supporter of
    Tsunadexhorse

Re: thoughts on good luck charlie?

There's a difference between promoting homosexuality and teaching that it's okay.

Disney isn't forcing homosexuality down anyone's throat. And it's not going to make the kids who watch it gay. You're born that way.

If parents don't like it, then they shouldn't let their children watch it. But you can't deny that homosexuality exists, so it's not something that should be hidden from children.

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruciatus View Post
    There's a difference between promoting homosexuality and teaching that it's okay.

Disney isn't forcing homosexuality down anyone's throat. And it's not going to make the kids who watch it gay. You're born that way.

If parents don't like it, then they shouldn't let their children watch it. But you can't deny that homosexuality exists, so it's not something that should be hidden from children.
    Bold- Isn't that still being studied?

As for the rest, I agree with you, not totally, but you have fair points.

Off topic- And what's with you sig, man? It's creeping me out.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    -

Eh. As for time placement on when it should be "Introduced". I'd agree. The teenage years are probably the best, when they could really understand what is going on instead of nodding dumbly.

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Stopped reading @ "and may even choose to go down that path later". ._.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Proud supporter of
    Tsunadexhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfus View Post
    Bold- Isn't that still being studied?

As for the rest, I agree with you, not totally, but you have fair points.

Off topic- And what's with you sig, man? It's creeping me out.
    I think anyone who is gay will tell you that they never chose to be that way. It's like, when did you choose to be straight?

And yeah. The sig is creepy as ****.

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Senpai how could you Fail
    me...

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That's not really my point. My point is that there are many parents with various scientific/religious/cultural views who want a channel for their children to watch without violating said views. I just feel that those parents should have a right to protect their children and their views. I mean would you want a show saying homosexuality is bad and letting your kids watching it? it is the same thing in this regard. Kids should be able to watch shows freely that is why there is no cussing/religious messages in disney channel.
    -
    I am not sure if I am typing what I want to say, but basically, Disney channel is supposed to be a channel where regardless of your sexual/relgious/cultural/scientific/moral views children can go and freely watch tv without any of them being violated because none of the topics are brought up. that is has it has always been. I just want it to stay like that so the pressures of political debates. I mean children face enough already in this world from new age theories like homosexuality to old age customs like regular marriage. They are to young to even comprehend it. So why bring the innocent into a debate that is decided by personal mature belief?

Status
    Mar 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think anyone who is gay will tell you that they never chose to be that way. It's like, when did you choose to be straight?

And yeah. The sig is creepy as ****.
    Sure, but that's what they say right. If we got by what people say, we would get so much reality bugs. I'm more like the guy who waits for stuff, you know. So wait for researches to give the final answer: if it's psychological or biological. Till them, I won't claim none to be a fact.

Indeed is creepy. I can't even describe it,you know?

Status
    Jun 2013
    where no man has ever dared to enter before
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i have no idea why parents think it's a good idea to lie and blind kids to complicated things like this and wait until they are older. and when they are older they usually don't do anything, they let the kids find it out themselves.

i don't know the show and how they handled homosexuality, but i disagree that you should wait before introduction kids to homosexuality. kids are smarter then you think and in fact are more open minded to opinions of other people. teenagers are more strict and stout believers and it's very hard to make them think deeply about stuff like this and accept that others think diffrently. it's better for them to learn it at an age where they are still curious and want to learn about everything. and you defenitly shouldn't "force" homosexuality down on them but you should start a debate, ask questions. "is it ok for two girls to love each other?", while many teenagers and adults will have very strict, set in stone answers kids will be more open minded.

homosexuality is real and it is out there, and kids should understand that it happens even if they choose to not believe in it or hate it. putting them in a bubble and telling them that the world is peaceful and everyone loves each other and agrees about everything is just lying to them and they are going to find out the truth sooner or later. might as well start the debate when they don't have prejudices and biased opinions.

edit: and btw, it's a double edged sword. if homosexuality is not allowed to be present on kid's tv shows then neither christianity, islam, churches or priests or evolution or science or god. you can't block one view of the world but allow all the rest to stay. tv shows might just as well turn kids to christianity despite their parent's belief and against their wishes. which is accodring to you a bad thing and shouldn't happen on tv.

Last edited by EnDash; 01-28-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Darling,tell me what you
    need."

"Peter."

I love it. It makes me happy Disney's doing an awesome thing.

Status
    Feb 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Proud supporter of
    Tsunadexhorse

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi75 View Post
    That's not really my point. My point is that there are many parents with various scientific/religious/cultural views who want a channel for their children to watch without violating said views. I just feel that those parents should have a right to protect their children and their views. I mean would you want a show saying homosexuality is bad and letting your kids watching it? it is the same thing in this regard. Kids should be able to watch shows freely that is why there is no cussing/religious messages in disney channel.
    -
    I am not sure if I am typing what I want to say, but basically, Disney channel is supposed to be a channel where regardless of your sexual/relgious/cultural/scientific/moral views children can go and freely watch tv without any of them being violated because none of the topics are brought up. that is has it has always been. I just want it to stay like that so the pressures of political debates. I mean children face enough already in this world from new age theories like homosexuality to old age customs like regular marriage. They are to young to even comprehend it. So why bring the innocent into a debate that is decided by personal mature belief?
    No television channel is going to be completely unbiassed and will never agree entirely with your views. My point is, if you don't like it, don't let your children watch it. We live in a world where homosexuality is slowly becoming accepted. Disney is simply saying that it's okay to be gay, and they definitely have a right to put it on their channel.

Ultimately parents control what their children view, so it's their responsibility, not Disney's.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

Quote Originally Posted by Itachi75 View Post
    -
    Violate their views? That reminds me of a saying..goes something like this; "I will not censor myself to comfort your ignorance". That's what I would say if one of my religious friends gets offended by something retarded like eating something while holding it in your left hand.

Homosexuality starts being an issue for children when their environment starts forming/assimilating them in that collective (often biased) mindset of what's right and what's wrong.

Last edited by YowYan; 01-28-2014 at 05:06 PM.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    "One should make his
    decisions within the space of
    seventh breath"

Jesus Christ, here we ****ing go. -_-