Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~I'm just too strong~

Please explain this to me?

How can someone validate their hate of something else, by means of religion... then turn around and say they are humble and nice?

It's never made sense to me but maybe someone else can clarify it to me.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glorious

Re: Please explain this to me?

Don't try and make logic out of the illogical, you'll just give yourself a headache.

Just let them believe whatever lie they're telling themselves. Life keeps going with or without their opinion.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~I'm just too strong~

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddstx View Post
    Don't try and make logic out of the illogical, you'll just give yourself a headache.

Just let them believe whatever lie they're telling themselves. Life keeps going with or without their opinion.
    It does give me a headache, but maybe someone can explain it to me.

Status
    Sep 2012
    I'm jaden yuki and I'm absolutely flawless
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brynhildr in the darkness and
    black bullet are the best

idk abou others but its never ok to hate anyone for anything

if u dont like someone just avoid them..forgive and pray for your enemys

in mine hatered is a sin and is never exceptubul no matter what so i cant awnser your question.

just dont lump all religius people together not all of us are...well you know like "that"

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you having girl problems, I
    feel bad for you son. I got 99
    problems but a bish ain't one.

Who said it had to make sense? Don't plan on getting much sense from someone who lies to themselves.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~I'm just too strong~

Quote Originally Posted by Jaden Yuki View Post
    idk abou others but its never ok to hate anyone for anything

if u dont like someone just avoid them..forgive and pray for your enemys
    Oh I agree with you but I could point out a few names on why I'm making this post. I'm not religious so I'm just trying to find a logical religious person who can answer my question.

Senior Member avenged sevenfold's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The handsome blue beast of the
    hidden leaf

PPl want to be humble and nice but also wish to express their hatred/dislike but no-one's been able to find an in-between yet

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderRider89 View Post
    Oh I agree with you but I could point out a few names on why I'm making this post. I'm not religious so I'm just trying to find a logical religious person who can answer my question.
    i am religius but not very smart so i cant help you

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~I'm just too strong~

Quote Originally Posted by avenged sevenfold View Post
    PPl want to be humble and nice but also wish to express their hatred/dislike but no-one's been able to find an in-between yet
    Saying you disagree with something is one thing, but insulting them by calling them sinners/perverts/ etc etc etc is different.

Just because that's what a book says, doesn't make it true in my opinion. So how do they validate the lies they tell themselves, in order to justify straight up contradictions of their peacefulness?

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attack on Titan/Akame Ga
    kill/Code
    Breaker/Coppelion/Deadman
    Wonderland = Favorite mangas.

Follow your bliss bro .

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Saying you disagree with something is one thing, but insulting them by calling them sinners/perverts/ etc etc etc is different.

Just because that's what a book says, doesn't make it true in my opinion. So how do they validate the lies they tell themselves, in order to justify straight up contradictions of their peacefulness?
    i really dont like those people etheir i mean its like they dont wanna take responsibillity for teaching their kids whats wrong and right..no instead they blame it on tv, or books, or video games.

ITS REDICULUS!!

and im saying this as a christian beliver O___O

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    hidden leaf

thats the thing, people can't validate their lies or justify their contradictions. This is most commonly affiliated with religious people. I'm not having a go at religion or people of a certain faith but contradictory lies and unjustifiable actions are more used by religious people and politicians

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~I'm just too strong~

Quote Originally Posted by Jaden Yuki View Post
    i really dont like those people etheir i mean its like they dont wanna take responsibillity for teaching their kids whats wrong and right..no instead they blame it on tv, or books, or video games.

ITS REDICULUS!!

and im saying this as a christian beliver O___O
    It's about the person and their own personal bias I think. I have met very hateful religious people and non religious people, but at least one group is honest about their bias and hate. There are also good religious people, that I do like and get along with, however I dislike religion.

Quote Originally Posted by avenged sevenfold View Post
    thats the thing, people can't validate their lies or justify their contradictions. This is most commonly affiliated with religious people. I'm not having a go at religion or people of a certain faith but contradictory lies and unjustifiable actions are more used by religious people and politicians
    I agree, and they try and say it's because god said it to be! Please show me where god came down and talked to you about what he wants.... It's a book, might as well believe we are all muggles who will die and be reborn as wizards if we hate all jews enough.

Last edited by SpiderRider89; 01-31-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glorious

It does give me a headache, but maybe someone can explain it to me.
    I'll try, many people have multiple aspects to their character. And with someone growing up with religious teachings as everything they will naturally instill the things they learn into one aspect of their personality.

Which in a way a person can be nice and humble when it comes to many things. But hateful and cold when it comes to other things. As you get older you add more and more dimensions to your personality.

Ex: I accept people for who they are but on the other hand I hate pedophiles, rapists, greed, and people who think they are superior.

Now that's extremely contradicting because shouldn't I accept them as well if I'm an accepting person? But just because I hate the way they live, doesn't mean I'm not accepting in many other aspects of my life. So that's the best way I can explain it.

Last edited by Fiddstx; 01-31-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    hidden leaf

It's about the person and their own personal bias I think. I have met very hateful religious people and non religious people, but at least one group is honest about their bias and hate. There are also good religious people, that I do like and get along with, however I dislike religion.

I agree, and they try and say it's because god said it to be! Please show me where god came down and talked to you about what he wants.... It's a book, might as well believe we are all muggles who will die and be reborn as wizards if we hate all jews enough.
    This is why I try not to get into religion or try not to discuss these things especially with a religious person because they believe this kinda thing. I mean fair enough if thats what you believe then thats cool but when you try and use it to justify disgusting actions then i have to disagree.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~I'm just too strong~

I'll try, many people have multiple aspects to their character. And with someone growing up with religious teachings as everything they will naturally instill the things they learn into one aspect of their personality.

Which in a way they a person can be nice and humble when it comes to many things. But hateful and cold when it comes to other things. As you get older you add more and more dimensions to your personality.

Ex: I accepts people for who they are but on the other hand I hate pedophiles, rapists, and greedy people.

Now that's extremely contradicting because should I accept them as well if I'm an accepting person? So that's the best way I can explain it.
    Any action taken to harm another person should be hated, and those people should be punished. Pedophiles, rapist and greedy people often hurt other people, because they are selfish and only want what is best for them.

Now when it comes to hating others who don't cause anyone harm, is preposterous to me... if you dislike something fine, I hate plenty of things, but I would never deny them rights or insult them just because of my personal bias.

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's no true despair
    without HOPE...!

no religion supports or justifies hate....! religions teach humans to love humans, not hate them.... it's avoidance that can be justified...!

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glorious

Any action taken to harm another person should be hated, and those people should be punished. Pedophiles, rapist and greedy people often hurt other people, because they are selfish and only want what is best for them.

Now when it comes to hating others who don't cause anyone harm, is preposterous to me... if you dislike something fine, I hate plenty of things, but I would never deny them rights or insult them just because of my personal bias.
    See but it's all perception. I see someone who is a pedophile as disgusting and someone who shouldn't have rights, yet to a pedophile they see nothing wrong with what they are doing.

That's an extreme example I know lol but it shows that its just perception. What they are doing by being hateful to a group of people seems right to them, they see nothing wrong with it because it's how their minds were molded to think. While to me and you we see someone like that as someone who is a hateful person who has to learn respect and love for fellow human beings.

It's all perception my man, that's why I said not to think about it to much. It won't solve anything.

Last edited by Fiddstx; 01-31-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~I'm just too strong~

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession4440 View Post
    no religion supports or justifies hate....! religions teach humans to love humans, not hate them.... it's avoidance that can be justified...!
    I personally thing religion has some good qualities, but mostly bad. It's because so many religions teach people what should be normal, etc... and there is no such thing as normal.

See but it's all perception. I see someone who is a pedophile as disgusting and someone who shouldn't have rights, yet to a pedophile they see nothing wrong with what they are doing.

That's an extreme example I know lol but it shows that its just perception. What they are doing by being hateful to a group of people seems right to them, they see nothing wrong with it because it's how their minds were molded to think. While to me and you we see someone like that as someone who is a hateful person who has to learn respect and love for fellow human beings.

It's all perception my man, that's why I said not to think about it to much. It won't solve anything.
    I feel like the line should be drawn where people start to hurt others physically and emotionally. Seeing two women kiss wont scar anyone, but a man raping a child will. There should also be basic laws that protect the less intelligent from themselves, such as our current legal sex ages, drinking age etc..

Religion goes way beyond and tries to regulate too many things that are irrelevant for the most part.

Last edited by SpiderRider89; 01-31-2014 at 09:17 AM.

Uchiha Clan Shinobi Shunsin no Shisui's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forever Blessed...

I understand your concern about religion and I'd say researching and finding out about things is definitely the best thing a person can do. Being ignorant and remaining that way is the worst thing a person can do. Another thing I should say, becoming an atheist certainly isn't going to help for you'll just end up in a deeper hole. Good luck with your research.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ~I'm just too strong~

Quote Originally Posted by Shunsin no Shisui View Post
    I understand your concern about religion and I'd say researching and finding out about things is definitely the best thing a person can do. Being ignorant and remaining that way is the worst thing a person can do. Another thing I should say, becoming an atheist certainly isn't going to help for you'll just end up in a deeper hole. Good luck with your research.
    I'm not an atheist, I'm Agnostic on religion all together. I don't have any proof of anything but I don't deny the possibility of it's existence. I'm just saying I need more proof than a book written during the early days of man, to prove to me I should hate a group of people who do nothing wrong.

Status
    Jun 2013
    where no man has ever dared to enter before
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

How can someone validate their hate of something else, by means of religion... then turn around and say they are humble and nice?

It's never made sense to me but maybe someone else can clarify it to me.
    because (according to their belief) religion is the truth and can't be wrong. so if your religion tells you to hate someone then hating them is right and truthful (though usually it's just a wrong interpertation of that religion). in their eyes they are simply doing what is right and good by the decree of their religion which cannot possibly be wrong.

it's kinda the same with quantum mechanics, according to quantum mechanics atoms have no mess before you measure them. but that means if you don't measure something it doesn't weigh anything. this goes against a lot of basic belives and perceptions about reality but it is the irrefutable truth, so are you going to go against it or with it? are you going to believe quantum mechanics is wrong even though all the data shows it's true, and are you going to believe the bible is wrong even though for you it is the absolute irrefutable truth?

if religion can't be wrong, religious people can't be wrong. that is their belief (and it is not exclusive to them).

Last edited by EnDash; 01-31-2014 at 10:15 AM.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    "In our culture, the
    phenomena known as emotion is
    considered a mental
    disorder." — Kyubey

Ok, I think I get it now, you are right it's not enough to just believe something is wrong just because a book tells you so you also have to have personal convictions as to why it's wrong. I can believe that bestiality, incest, and rape is wrong, but it's not enough to just feel that way bcuz I read in the bible. I also have to personally feel that way from my own logical standpoint.

Truly loving what god loves and hating what he hates.

Status
    Jun 2013
    where no man has ever dared to enter before
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaE20 View Post
    Ok, I think I get it now, you are right it's not enough to just believe something is wrong just because a book tells you so you also have to have personal convictions as to why it's wrong. I can believe that bestiality, incest, and rape is wrong, but it's not enough to just feel that way bcuz I read in the bible. I also have to personally feel that way from my own logical standpoint.

Truly loving what god loves and hating what he hates.
    i'm so happy i got to read this! you have no idea how great that makes me feel! you believe in god more then you believe in a book, and that is wonderful.

Status
    May 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Team Hashirama

You can't change pple's opinion

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»