Grimorium Verum silenceofthelambs's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The Man in the Mask might just be...

There is much mystery surrounding who the masked man from Akatsuki might really be, but I have developed a theory that has been processing in my mind for a few hours - and here it is. To avoid any complications, I'm not going to refer to the man in the mask as Madara Uchiha, because although a lot of evidence points to Madara being this mysterious figure, there is no solid proof as of yet.

Let's begin. First I want to make a generalization, before I get to the heart of what I'm trying to say.

Naruto 500 page 02 | One Manga

Naruto 500 page 03 | One Manga

Kushina says that Uzushiogakure (Hidden Eddy Village) and Konohakagure were close, meaning that they had propitious diplomatic relations with one another. She goes on to say that the clans of Uzumaki and Senju are distant blood relatives, with the Uzumaki having a natural aptitude for sealing techniques. Having said this, we know that Uzumaki and Senju had frequent interaction, but then Kushina says her land was destroyed in war because of the fear others held for their extraordinary sealing techniques. Why? The reasons have yet to be explained, but Kushina also says the survivors scattered into other lands and went into hiding.

Naruto 500 page 04 | One Manga

Kushina says that all the Uzumaki clan members had exceptional chakra, and because of this were granted astonishingly long lives. This is all fact so far, but then something very interesting emerges; a certain story which seems to relate greatly to what Kushina is saying.

Naruto 462 page 11 | One Manga

This masked man from Akatsuki, who has managed to keep his identity a giant question of debate as of now, says that a "hate-filled destiny" has followed the Uchiha clan for generations, all born from a decision the Sage of the Six Paths made long ago in the past.

Naruto 462 page 12 | One Manga

The Sage of the Six Paths walked the planet to bring about "peace and order...but when it was still but a dream, his time came. He entrusted two boys with the power and will of the way of the ninja. The elder was born with the Sage's 'eyes,' and was gifted with his powerful chakras and spiritual energy."

The younger, on the other hand, "was born with the Sage's 'body,' and was gifted with his life force and physical energy."

Kushina said that the Uzumaki clan were renowned for their great chakra, which in turn gave them extraordinarily long lives. Isn't it interesting that the younger son of the Sage of the Six Paths (who gave birth to "Senju" as we know it, who in turn were related to the Uzumaki clan) also possessed "an incredible life force," along with "physical energy?"

Naruto 462 page 13 | One Manga

Could the Sage of the Six Paths have been an Uzumaki, founder of the clan? After all, the Sage of the Six Paths did specialize in sealing, did he not? By giving his two sons a single, but different power, the clans of Uchiha and Senju were to emerge from the power the sons received. And both would have a portion of the Uzumaki's power in them. Is that what Kushina meant when she said the Senju clan was distantly related to the Uzumaki? It is too early to say, but it could very well be this.

Naruto 467 page 15-16 | One Manga

The Sage of the Six Paths sealed the Jubi (Ten-Tailed Beast) into himself, and upon dividing its power on his deathbed, creating nine tailed beasts, sealed its empty body away into the moon. This requires much skill, and the Uzumaki clan were the ones who were renowned for their sealing techniques. This way, Naruto might really be a reincarnation of the Sage of the Six Paths, a descendant of the most legendary figure in the Naruto world.

But that is not all. Take a look at this if you will: Naruto 398 page 18 | One Manga. This masked man from Akatsuki says that the potency of his chakra has been the reason he has managed to live so long, which is oddly similar to the reason why the Uzumaki clan are granted such long lives. The masked man from Akatsuki could, shockingly enough, perhaps be a member of the Uzumaki clan, ultimately having relation to Naruto Uzumaki.

Remember, Kushina said that the ones who survived the destruction of the Uzumaki clan went into hiding so they could avoid persecution.

Naruto 386 page 11 | One Manga

Itachi says here that this masked figure "created Akatsuki, and hid himself in its shadow." Was this masked man's intention really to get away from the continous hunting he and his clan members faced? And if this masked member of Akatsuki is an Uzumaki, it would explain why he is so "curious" about Naruto.

Naruto 460 page 09 | One Manga

Furthermore, it would explain how this unidentified person would be able to "see" the First Hokage in Naruto - the Uzumaki were distantly related to the Senju, so they knew each other well, no? They were "close," as Kushina says, so it only adds on to the possibility.

Naruto 462 page 14 | One Manga

And if this masked man is not Madara, it could explain how he has a Sharingan in his right eye (and possibly left). He could have simply stole it from an Uchiha, as Ao did, "a souvenir" from his battle with a Hyuga, mentioning this here:

Naruto 459 page 15 | One Manga

As of now, it is up to interpretation, with several interesting theories circulating these forums. But I just thought to share this with everyone, and get their thoughts on it. Enjoy.

Last edited by silenceofthelambs; 07-14-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: The Man in the Mask might just be...

Quote Originally Posted by silenceofthelambs View Post
    There is much mystery surrounding who the masked man from Akatsuki might really be, but I have developed a theory that has been processing in my mind for a few hours - and here it is. To avoid any complications, I'm not going to refer to the man in the mask as Madara Uchiha, because although a lot of evidence points to Madara being this mysterious figure, there is no solid proof as of yet.

Let's begin. First I want to make a generalization, before I get to the heart of what I'm trying to say.

Kushina says that Uzushiogakure (Hidden Eddy Village) and Konohakagure were close, meaning that they had propitious diplomatic relations with one another. She goes on to say that the clans of Uzumaki and Senju are distant blood relatives, with the Uzumaki having a natural aptitude for sealing techniques. Having said this, we know that Uzumaki and Senju had frequent interaction, but then Kushina says her land was destroyed in war because of the fear others held for their extraordinary sealing techniques. Why? The reasons have yet to be explained, but Kushina also says the survivors scattered into other lands and went into hiding.

Kushina says that all the Uzumaki clan members had exceptional chakra, and because of this were granted astonishingly long lives. This is all fact so far, but then something very interesting emerges; a certain story which seems to relate greatly to what Kushina is saying.

This masked man from Akatsuki, who has managed to keep his identity a giant question of debate as of now, says that a "hate-filled destiny" has followed the Uchiha clan for generations, all born from a decision the Sage of the Six Paths made long ago in the past.

The Sage of the Six Paths walked the planet to bring about "peace and order...but when it was still but a dream, his time came. He entrusted two boys with the power and will of the way of the ninja. The elder was born with the Sage's 'eyes,' and was gifted with his powerful chakras and spiritual energy."

The younger, on the other hand, "was born with the Sage's 'body,' and was gifted with his life force and physical energy."

Kushina said that the Uzumaki clan were renowned for their great chakra, which in turn gave them extraordinarily long lives. Isn't it interesting that the younger son of the Sage of the Six Paths also possessed "an incredible life force," along with "physical energy?"

Could the Sage of the Six Paths have been an Uzumaki, founder of the clan? After all, the Sage of the Six Paths did specialize in sealing, did he not? By giving his two sons a single, but different power, the clans of Uchiha and Senju were to emerge from the power the sons received. And both would have a portion of the Uzumaki's power in them. Is that what Kushina meant when she said the Senju clan was distantly related to the Uzumaki? It is too early to say, but it could very well be this.

The Sage of the Six Paths sealed the Jubi (Ten-Tailed Beast) into himself, and upon dividing its power on his deathbed, creating nine tailed beasts, sealed its empty body away into the moon. This requires much skill, and the Uzumaki clan were the ones who were renowned for their sealing techniques. This way, Naruto might really be a reincarnation of the Sage of the Six Paths, a descendant of the most legendary figure in the Naruto world.

But that is not all. Take a look at this if you will: Naruto 398 page 18 | One Manga. This masked man from Akatsuki says that the potency of his chakra has been the reason he has managed to live so long, which is oddly similar to the reason why the Uzumaki clan are granted such long lives. The masked man from Akatsuki could, shockingly enough, perhaps be a member of the Uzumaki clan, ultimately having relation to Naruto Uzumaki.

Remember, Kushina said that the ones who survived the destruction of the Uzumaki clan went into hiding so they could avoid persecution.

Itachi says here that this masked figure "created Akatsuki, and hid himself in its shadow." Was this masked man's intention really to get away from the continous hunting he and his clan members faced? And if this masked member of Akatsuki is an Uzumaki, it would explain why he is so "curious" about Naruto.

Furthermore, it would explain how this unidentified person would be able to "see" the First Hokage in Naruto - the Uzumaki were distantly related to the Senju, so they knew each other well, no? They were "close," as Kushina says, so it only adds on to the possibility.

And if this masked man is not Madara, it could explain how he has a Sharingan in his right eye (and possibly left). He could have simply stole it from an Uchiha, as Ao did, "a souvenir" from his battle with a Hyuga, mentioning this here:

As of now, it is up to interpretation, with several interesting theories circulating these forums. But I just thought to share this with everyone, and get their thoughts on it. Enjoy.
    holy this is so long...well then y did the mask guy say IM MADARA UCHIHA if he rlly wasn't.. doesn't make sense also if you don't think it is him then who do u think it is.

Status
    Jul 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well, it was said many MANY times that it was actually Madara Uchiha...however, you do bring up some good points. It cannot be an Uzumaki, because they were totally killed, and Naruto is the only one left.

I think its actually Madara because it was said at least a thousand times (exaggeration ).

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ulquiorra12 View Post
    holy this is so long...well then y did the mask guy say IM MADARA UCHIHA if he rlly wasn't.. doesn't make sense also if you don't think it is him then who do u think it is.
    He could be feigning his identity to instill a greater sense of fear in his enemies. It would make sense to do so, because the great nations would act more catiously around "him," whoever he might be. And if he isn't Madara Uchiha, then he is most likely a new character in the series that has not been mentioned as of yet. Beyond that I can't really tell you much else.

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

The man in the mask is really

But seriously the guy is Tobi he just has a different mask. They have the same abilities

Senior Member Jinchuuriki of Juubi's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick4444 View Post
    Well, it was said many MANY times that it was actually Madara Uchiha...however, you do bring up some good points. It cannot be an Uzumaki, because they were totally killed, and Naruto is the only one left.

I think its actually Madara because it was said at least a thousand times (exaggeration ).
    are you serious.he just showed you links saying they were not all killed.they scattered.pay attention before saying things he gave you proof naruto is probably not the last

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Screw CN

Quote Originally Posted by ulquiorra12 View Post
    He wears a mask that should tell you right away he hides his identity & plus is this guy not the greatest manipulator of all time he lies all the time so that he claims to be Madara should tell us he's not since he lies.

Planetary Destruction
    Status
    Jan 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He isn't Madara until we see his EMS or his face. I can tell you I'm Barack Obama

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I am done guessing kishi made me give up..

Senior Member Jinchuuriki of Juubi's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkele311 View Post
    I am done guessing kishi made me give up..
    can't blame you I've done the same.I just can't keep up anymore at this point it could be anyone at this point

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kishi tells us who the masked man is?

Well look at the first image, it's from Kishimoto who gives a title and other stuff for each chapter. Why would he put Madara Uchiha and not just leave Tobi?

Status
    Aug 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

WELL THAT WAS A LONG THEORY BUT IT GAVE ME MORE INFORMATION.AS KUSHINA TOLD US THAT UZUMAKI CLAN ARE NOT COMPLETLY GONE.WOWTHAT MEANS NARUTO ISN'T A SINGLE UZUMAKI FROM HIS CLAN.

BUT THE MASK MAN TOLD THAT HE SEE SHODAIME IN NARUTO.HOW DOES HE KNEW THAT.DOES THAT MEANS THAT HE TOO WAS FROM THE SAME CLAN.

KISI :mad: I GIVE UP? PLEASE REVEAL HIS IDENTITY:P

Senior Member SHARINGAN_USER UCHIHA_ITACHI's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    In search of Luck!!

Man...pretty nice ideas....!!!

Apple pie of doom apple pie of doom's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

O guize, maybe he is like Obitooorz 0_o
    Since it makes so much sense!
    He can't be dead! Everyone survives getting half his body crushed to dust!

But seriously...its Madara until proven otherwise.

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Property of Vincent

Quote Originally Posted by apple pie of doom View Post
    O guize, maybe he is like Obitooorz 0_o
    Since it makes so much sense!
    He can't be dead! Everyone survives getting half his body crushed to dust!

But seriously...its Madara until proven otherwise.
    True.
    The judge has spoken.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Kushina said that the Uzumaki clan were renowned for their great chakra, which in turn gave them extraordinarily long lives. Isn't it interesting that the younger son of the Sage of the Six Paths also possessed "an incredible life force," along with "physical energy?"

i thought you were about to say that tobi is

lol now that would be a twist!

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

a good theory which opens up for debate. I like that:D anyway what I believe is that Tobi is Madara as presented. The reason why I believe this is simply because he has been presented as such by Kishi Anyway would it not be tactical to reveal that he is Madara? The reason I believe that is because it makes the countries run in high wire being afraid of something that should not exist?

I think that madaras EMS is key to his longevity as well as his great chakra. That he has such great chakra does not need to be related to Uzumaki, but it would make sense if it did. I belive that every clan has the potential to bring up someone with extraordinary chakra, but with the uzumaki's it was/is more common. for example does Kisame have superstrong chakra. he is a manifesto of pure power. maybe he also is related we might never know.

what I meant with madaras EMS being key is that it might have powers that expands life itself as a automatic upgrade?

just my thoughts

Academy Student
    Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

thats a pritty gd theory but if he might be an uzamaki why would he wanna attack the hidden leaf if they where allys

Status
    Aug 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

why would uzumaki attacks thier allience country.?

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuubi no jinchuriki View Post
    why would uzumaki attacks thier allience country.?
    That is a good question, one that does not have a definitive answer yet. Perhaps this alleged "Uzumaki" behind a mask could have been witness to an event that made him turn against Konoha. For example, during the Korean War, prisoners of war were coercively persuaded (in other words, mind control) under the Maoist regime of China to be transformed into an imperialist mindset of "right-thinking" members of the Chinese social system, effectively forcing them to betray whichever land they came from. The Chinese would expose the filth about a person's homeland, and this would force them to adopt the outlook the Chinese wanted - that of the new Chinese social system.

So what I'm saying is, something like that could have happened to this masked man from Akatsuki. He saw Konoha ninja being cruel to another, and it was a stressor that got him planning for the destruction of Konoha. Of course I would have no proof to support this theory, so it's just speculation now.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "shapeless, formless, be
    water my friend."

Please, the next time anyones proposes a new "Obito's back alive and wagging its tail".. Please shoot him

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by veggetta13 View Post
    Please, the next time anyones proposes a new "Obito's back alive and wagging its tail".. Please shoot him
    => LOL

Pretty great ideas man , i like your way of thinking

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's a nice theory but I don't think Tobi is an Uzumaki.

And he's certainly not Madara.

Maybe his highness, the Sot6p himself ^^ :D

Status
    Oct 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stop wasting time by reading
    it

Maybe that masked man is Hybreed of Uchicha and Uzumaki. I mean his father was An Uchicha and Mother an Uzumaki.
    .:D

Academy Student
    Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Really enjoyed the theory, its a possible twist and as long as he has his mask on i'm open to any interpretation. I personally am leaning it to being someone other than Madara just because Kishi has built so much hype over the character that it would almost be a let down if it was Madara.