View Poll Results: How good was this weeks manga?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll

5 3.70%

0 0%

5 3.70%

17 12.59%

108 80.00%
Page 3 of 17 « First 123456713 ... Last»
    Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Re: Naruto Manga 502 Discussion and 503 Predictions

Well one thing is for certain... Naruto will have to either learn the hiraishin and upgrade it like the rasengan.. or invent a better space-time tech of his own to fight on the same level as Madara. There's no point of unlimited chakra and S-rank jutsus if they would never connect.

Secondly... It is quite obvious that Minato didn't beat Madara. Madara is still alive and Minato didn't manage to kill him like he wanted. What probably will happen is that the Rasengan connected and damaged Madara and he teleports away to heal. Then Minato seals away the Kyuubi and dies himself.

Last edited by Ham; 07-16-2010 at 05:23 AM.

Grimorium Verum silenceofthelambs's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Steinbiz View Post
    DUDE OMFG, you're just mad that Minato just beat Madara fair and sqaure and proved he is stronger.

YOU ARE SO IN DENILE

MINATO > MADARA
    Mad? I recommend you look at the one who is angry in this situation. Yes, Minato is winning the battle right now - that is evidence of the manga, and I must adhere to it. However, a question for you: when Naruto hit Kabuto with his Rasengan, essentially defeating him, did that prove Naruto was more powerful than Kabuto? No. It simply showed that Naruto had an oppurtunity, like Minato did, and took good advantage of it.

Naruto 168 page 02 | One Manga

Besides, who says the battle between Minato and Madara is over? Minato might be winning now, but most fights in the Naruto manga span a greater length than just one chapter, especially one containing two powerful characters such as these. As I said in an earlier post, you attempt to destroy others' opinions, and force yours down their throats. It does not work that way. If you have an argument, respect the other side's position, which you fail to do. Insulting a person will only show how low one is willing to go to get their message across, often times because they feel it is a sign of a losing battle.

Let's just wait and see how things really end up, instead of jumping to absurd conclusions. What comes around goes around, no matter how far it must go to come full circle.

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by yondaimeminato View Post
    what are you talking about?

does naruto has the same speed as minato's?

the battle from today's chapter was about who wins in speed. Naruto wasn't fast enough to do damage to madara. You can't compare those chapters you have shown with the one that happened today.

there is a huge difference in speed with the chapters you have shown and the speed from today's chapter.
    Even still, both used the element of surprise. No matter how slow a person is, it will give them a temporary advantage, don't you agree? If Konohamaru were to approach Madara from behind, threatening to slam a Rasengan into his back, the person being attacked would automatically be put on the defensive.

Of course, we still don't know how Minato's attack is going to affect Madara. Minato himself said that it would be risky for Madara to attack at all, so I don't see a reason for Madara to approach Minato directly at the end of the chapter without a plan as to counterattack in some form. Could Madara have made his body permeable right at the last second, avoiding the full power of the attack? Might it have been an earth clone, as Madara's affinity is the element earth? Did the attack really connect? All three are possible, but it's highly probable the fight is nowhere near over.

So while Minato might have been victorious in the first battle, there might be several more to come. Or not, because eventually the Nine-Tails is going to be so big a threat that Minato will have to stop it by himself, before other countless people die. In that case, though, the issue of "Minato vs. Madara" will not be solved, for the fight will just be considered a draw; unfinished. Neither Minato nor Madara will have reached their limits. To me, their most likely will be an ultimate victor, but who that will be is still unclear, despite what chapter 502 has given us.

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by silenceofthelambs View Post
    Even still, both used the element of surprise. No matter how slow a person is, it will give them a temporary advantage, don't you agree? If Konohamaru were to approach Madara from behind, threatening to slam a Rasengan into his back, the person being attacked would automatically be put on the defensive.

Of course, we still don't know how Minato's attack is going to affect Madara. Minato himself said that it would be risky for Madara to attack at all, so I don't see a reason for Madara to approach Minato directly at the end of the chapter without a plan as to counterattack in some form. Could Madara have made his body permeable right at the last second, avoiding the full power of the attack? Might it have been an earth clone, as Madara's affinity is the element earth? Did the attack really connect? All three are possible, but it's highly probable the fight is nowhere near over.

So while Minato might have been victorious in the first battle, there might be several more to come. Or not, because eventually the Nine-Tails is going to be so big a threat that Minato will have to stop it by himself, before other countless people die. In that case, though, the issue of "Minato vs. Madara" will not be solved, for the fight will just be considered a draw; unfinished. Neither Minato nor Madara will have reached their limits. To me, their most likely will be an ultimate victor, but who that will be is still unclear, despite what chapter 502 has given us.
    I doubt it was an earth clone... or any other clone. Minato phased through the body wich would have destroyed the clone. And unless Madara can kawarimi as fast as the Hiraishin the rasengan hit the real Madara.

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by yondaimeminato View Post
    because that's what you wanted to believe

The problem I found with those phrases from the beginning was that minato had to get rid of madara so that he can seal the nine tail demon to his son. Look at madara, he is trying hard to keep minato away from the nine tail demon fox. Obviously, minato did something to make madara retreat. Madara can teleport away back to his base whenever he wants to so it's really hard to kill him. This is why I believe minato failed to killed him but accomplish to make madara retreat.
    Unless Minato also made the realization that the Nine-Tails was a more immediate threat, and needed to be given to Konoha in hopes that they would be able to combat Madara should he ever attack the village again. What is better, defeating the immediate and dangerous problem, or the root of the problem who could become more problematic than the Nine-Tailed Fox itself? It is a difficult decision to make, and at one point Minato would just have to choose.

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    I doubt it was an earth clone... or any other clone. Minato phased through the body wich would have destroyed the clone. And unless Madara can kawarimi as fast as the Hiraishin the rasengan hit the real Madara.
    Well, Shino thought he had Madara trapped in his swarm of bugs, but it turns that Madara simply vanished, any traces of his chakra completely gone. Who knows what Madara is planning? He is a careful strategist, and could simply be feigning injury to make his own counterattack.

Judging from what people say, Madara, even in his weakened state, seems to have no limit to what he can do.

Naruto 455 page 14 | One Manga

Sakura said that Madara "remove[s]" whatever body part is about to be hit by an attack, making it appear as if the attack slipped through. Naruto said that he hit Madara with his Rasengan, but at the same time says that the attack just phased through him. While Minato's Rasengan connected at the end of the chapter, we don't know whether it's going to cause damage yet or not. The next chapter will most likely clarify this question.

Naruto 394 page 14 | One Manga

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

What scares me is the fact that Madara has given hints that this isn't his full power as supposedly the Shodaime has damaged him somehow and he is a 'shadow' of himself.

I wonder how strong he would be at full power and how monstrously strong the first was to beat him.

Status
    Aug 2008
    This user has no status.

jesh, just call him Tobi. It will be correct in any way x.x

Status
    Apr 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Ham View Post
    What scares me is the fact that Madara has given hints that this isn't his full power as supposedly the Shodaime has damaged him somehow and he is a 'shadow' of himself.

I wonder how strong he would be at full power and how monstrously strong the first was to beat him.
    Madara, before his loss to Hashirama Senju, was perhaps the most dangerous Shinobi that ever lived. In a way, he still is, but he is weakened, and is forced to resort to other methods most wouldn't in combat. The thing is, during Madara's fight with Hashirama, the First took control of the Nine-Tails and turned it against Madara, leading to Madara's defeat. If the fox had remained under his control, Madara would probably have killed Hashirama.

Everyone in the Naruto world recognizes Madara's immense strength, and for good reason. They fully now what he is capable of, and you have to remember, the Madara that is now fighting with Minato is nowhere near the Madara we once knew during his prime. I'm sure many know that if Minato were to face Madara in his prime, the results would be enormously different.

Naruto 467 page 09 | One Manga
    Naruto 467 page 10 | One Manga

Naruto 386 page 10 | One Manga

Itachi himself says "soon [Madara] was praised as the strongest Shinobi in the world." Back then, no one was able to challenge him, but Hashirama's Mokuton techniques, designed to suppress the fox, were the one ability that could. Because of them, Hashirama managed to win the titanic clash between himself and Madara.

Besides, the results of Minato and Madara's fight have yet to be seen; Madara, claiming to be a "mere shell of [his] former self," might still be stronger than the Fourth Hokage, who in many aspects was an incredible ninja. Why else would Minato say "he saw through everything I did?" That line can be interpreted in many ways, but soon we shall see what he really meant when he said those words to Naruto in chapter 440. So far, it is an impressive fight, and it will only get better, no doubt about that.

Status
    Jun 2009
    This user has no status.

Meh, didn't really like the chapter much, it's just about an useless fight. =/

Status
    Nov 2008
    This user has no status.

Now I get it ...when Kabuto showed the koffin to Madara and he was suprised maybe that was Minato inside .Probably Minato won the fight in the past. About Uchiha ,people don't get wiped out without purpose -100% Sasuke's parents play part in this Nine-tail fox invasion and they should pay for they deeds

Status
    Feb 2010
    This user has no status.

TOTALY EPIC STUFF..

things to remember;

1) Minato is truly one bada$$..all the talk about him being one of the strongest hokages ever wasn't just talk

2)the second hokage is one guy u dont want to mess with..which means that those lighting nins that killed him must have been pretty strong...sorry for ever doubting u second hokage:flaw:

3) madara/tobi is definitely not out yet..but maybe that rasengan weakened him..kinda lame to have madara(the strongest uchica) to be simply put down by a rasengan, then again, he was hit by minato

Also, did teenage kikashi really walk around in his ambu armour...kinda strange to see a member of the ambu black ops walking through town without his mask..oh well, i loved every second of this manga..and lol to young might guy:no_ignore:

Status
    Aug 2009
    This user has no status.

it was too good man.i am full with spirit to await it to get released in amine.
    minato was too cool and he could even abble to surpass madara.wow:D

i love this manga .can't wait to see another chapter.

Senior Member Sennin Jinchuuriki's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Minato is awesome I know that the fight isn't over but think like this Madara knew about Minato and all his attacks and also Madara must have attacked with making a solid plan and Minato in that short time was able to think and outsmart Madara is just awesome. Can you just believe it Minato is faster than Madara but I was thinking that Madara was going to use MS or EMS but I think because Minato has a special space time tech he can get out of those easily and that's why the fight became one of space time techs and speed. Can't wait what happened in the next chapter.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2010
    This user has no status.

They mention the second hokage alot when it comes to great and powerful and famous jutsus!, could it be that "the reaper death seal" is also a jutsu of the second hokage and not kushina or the uzumaki clan?

the second hokage seemed to be expert on forbidden jutsus, and the reaper death seal is top on the list of forbidden jutsus!!

do you think minato learned his space-time ninjutsus because of the second hokage?, perhaps he studied the second hokages skills, so he picked up the space-time ninjutsu and the reaper death seal, but ofcourse i think minato might have improved the space-time ninjutsu alittle better than the second hokage!!

although just one thing, i know its not so much possible as probable, but, how do we know that the second hokage was all good?

the first hokage was good, but could it be that his brother wasnt?

the first hokage might have known about it, or he might have not had a clue about it, but either case, the second hokage and his brother might have not been so a like as people might think!!

but for now i will skip that theory, instead i was thinking - we know that it was the second hokage that created the konoha police force!, in other words, it was the second hokage who gave the uchiha the position of the police force!!

i think there is a history between the second hokage and the uchiha!, and so if the uchiha was involved with the second hokage - so must have been tobi!!

well i think at the time when sarutobi and danzou were deciding who would be a decoy - and the second hokage acted all noble and said i will be the decoy - i think he had other things in mind that will be revealed to us later on in the manga!!

1-the second hokage and those 20 bounty hunters had an arrangement!

2-the second hokage already knew that he wasnt gonna come back so he announced sarutobi hiruzen as hokage!!

3-those 20 men would have been easy to defeat by the second hokage, he could have defeated them in a split second!, minato had space-time ninjutsu and he defeated 50 ninjas with it in less than a second!, the second hokage also had space-time ninjutsu, and i dont think any of those 20 bounty hunters had space-time ninjutsu!, so even if they were powerful, the time of their defeat would not change when their up against space-time ninjutsu!!

remember the shinobis of the other countries were warned to flee if they ever so the yellow flash! - because of his space-time ninjutsu!!, and now we know the second hokage also could use space-time ninjutsu!!

4-so there is almost no way the second hokage was defeated or died by those 20 bounty hunters you guys should know that!!, so this means two things:

1-the second hokage didnt die there

2-the second hokage didnt die by the hands of those 20 bounty hunters but by someone elses hands!!

3-the second hokage is tobi! lol, its farfetched and i dont think it, but just thought to put it in the list anyway!, i mean the second hokage was a master of the forbidden jutsu afterall, and was interested in learning many jutsus - perhaps all jutsu like orochimaro! in any case im sure he would have desired the sharingan!, and he would be a suspect to wipe out the uchiha clan, since he showed his dislike for them by making them police puppets!!

4-one more thing that is important, we all know that there is always a reason behind showing or mentioning something in a manga, and in the last chapters they have mentioned alot about the second hokage! and mostly connected with the uchiha!, there is a reason behind it im almost sure!!

oh and afterall - his name is tobi-rama!! lol

Senior Member Sennin Jinchuuriki's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Lord View Post
    They mention the second hokage alot when it comes to great and powerful and famous jutsus!, could it be that "the reaper death seal" is also a jutsu of the second hokage and not kushina or the uzumaki clan?

the second hokage seemed to be expert on forbidden jutsus, and the reaper death seal is top on the list of forbidden jutsus!!

do you think minato learned his space-time ninjutsus because of the second hokage?, perhaps he studied the second hokages skills, so he picked up the space-time ninjutsu and the reaper death seal, but ofcourse i think minato might have improved the space-time ninjutsu alittle better than the second hokage!!

although just one thing, i know its not so much possible as probable, but, how do we know that the second hokage was all good?

the first hokage might have known about it, or he might have not had a clue about it, but either case, the second hokage and his brother might have not been so a like as people might think!!

but for now i will skip that theory, instead i was thinking - we know that it was the second hokage that created the konoha police force!, in other words, it was the second hokage who gave the uchiha the position of the police force!!

i think there is a history between the second hokage and the uchiha!, and so if the uchiha was involved with the second hokage - so must have been tobi!!

well i think at the time when sarutobi and danzou were deciding who would be a decoy - and the second hokage acted all noble and said i will be the decoy - i think he had other things in mind that will be revealed to us later on in the manga!!

2-the second hokage already knew that he wasnt gonna come back so he announced sarutobi hiruzen as hokage!!

3-those 20 men would have been easy to defeat by the second hokage, he could have defeated them in a split second!, minato had space-time ninjutsu and he defeated 50 ninjas with it in less than a second!, the second hokage also had space-time ninjutsu, and i dont think any of those 20 bounty hunters had space-time ninjutsu!, so even if they were powerful, the time of their defeat would not change when their up against space-time ninjutsu!!

remember the shinobis of the other countries were warned to flee if they ever so the yellow flash! - because of his space-time ninjutsu!!, and now we know the second hokage also could use space-time ninjutsu!!

4-so there is almost no way the second hokage was defeated or died by those 20 bounty hunters you guys should know that!!, so this means two things:

2-the second hokage didnt die by the hands of those 20 bounty hunters but by someone elses hands!!

3-the second hokage is tobi! lol, its farfetched and i dont think it, but just thought to put it in the list anyway!, i mean the second hokage was a master of the forbidden jutsu afterall, and was interested in learning many jutsus - perhaps all jutsu like orochimaro! in any case im sure he would have desired the sharingan!, and he would be a suspect to wipe out the uchiha clan, since he showed his dislike for them by making them police puppets!!

4-one more thing that is important, we all know that there is always a reason behind showing or mentioning something in a manga, and in the last chapters they have mentioned alot about the second hokage! and mostly connected with the uchiha!, there is a reason behind it im almost sure!!

Look why on earth will the 2nd Hokage do something against Konoha, he was a Hokage after all. And Minato said about 2nd Hokage to compare Madara's space time tech with his and the 2nd's. Minato's one must have been more advanced than 2nd, and we are not completely sure whether the Reaper Death tech is of the Uzumaki clan or one Minato made himself but chances are that it was of the Uzumaki clan. In any case Tobi/Madara's identity is still question because of the last summon of Kabuto in the coffin but for now we are looking forward for the next chapter and I am really curious to see who came top Minato or Madara

Status
    Jun 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Sennin Jinchuuriki View Post
    Minato is awesome I know that the fight isn't over but think like this Madara knew about Minato and all his attacks and also Madara must have attacked with making a solid plan and Minato in that short time was able to think and outsmart Madara is just awesome. Can you just believe it Minato is faster than Madara but I was thinking that Madara was going to use MS or EMS but I think because Minato has a special space time tech he can get out of those easily and that's why the fight became one of space time techs and speed. Can't wait what happened in the next chapter.
    his EMS is stuck on the kyubi maybe. And yeah, I never imagined just HOW powerful Minato was

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Lord View Post

The second Hokage was special because of his water release ninjutsus. He made that water dragons with only one hand seal instead of around 40. That's just one (powerful) jutsu - and a significant hint towards his power. When kakashi used it he copied it from a fairly "slow" opponent and could see zabuza's chakra flow and hand seals. Tobirama could not be defeated that way.

And Tobirama cannot be Tobi. The second hokage was a very good person, he wanted peace with the Uchiha. How that peace was used may not have been in his plans.

Last edited by Alkad; 07-16-2010 at 11:58 AM.

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkad View Post
    his EMS is stuck on the kyubi maybe. And yeah, I never imagined just HOW powerful Minato was

The second Hokage was special because of his water release ninjutsus. He made that water dragons with only one hand seal instead of around 40. That's just one (powerful) jutsu - and a significant hint towards his power. When kakashi used it he copied it from a fairly "slow" opponent and could see zabuza's chakra flow and hand seals. Tobirama could not be defeated that way.

And Tobirama cannot be Tobi. The second hokage was a very good person, he wanted peace with the Uchiha. How that peace was used may not have been in his plans.

well did i say that tobirama could be defeated?

Banned
    Status
    Jul 2010
    This user has no status.

hey guys, i just bring out theories! dont tell me what is possible and what is not!

sometimes even the impossible happens!

and i only bring it out for fun!

also many of my so called impossible theories have came true exactly! - for instance the moon eye plan i predicted down to the last detail and it came true even about the sharingan on the moon!

so my point is - never say never!

Academy Student
    Status
    Apr 2010
    This user has no status.

thats an awsome chapter 5/5 minato landing a rasengan on madara thats how its done

i wounder if the 2nds space jutsu is how he can create water from nowhear

Academy Student
    Status
    Apr 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by eyesofthekyuubi44 View Post
    About the Minato being stronger than Madara thing.

"Without some sort of special power, there would be no way to fight him".

Minato doesn't have a special power. He is the Hokage, but he has no Kekkai Genkai (as far as we know), no Bijuu, or anything of that Nature. He is just a genius with some EXTREMELY original techniques and incredible speed. The techniques he invented pretty much sets him up there with people who have Kekkai Genkai and Bijuu's, but it's still not a "special" power because anyone can learn it if they have the ability.

Take a look at what page that is...It's the last, and Madara is still alive...

Matter of fact, he's still alive to THIS DAY.

He's the reason Minato, Kushina, and all of those people from Konoha that died fighting the Kyuubi (like Iruka's parent's) are dead.

He was able to summon the Kyuubi via summoning technique. Just that alone suggests a huge chakra level. He summoned the thing that gave Pain all that shit, and is able to control it. Regardless of Minato having to leave the battle to go after the Kyuubi, it was Madara's abilities of summoning and control that caused Minato to die sealing it. Thus, Madara won the fight. It would be different if the Kyuubi just came out of nowhere and started poppin shit like Rambo.

Supposing the Fourth didn't have the FTG technique, Minato would have been absorbed. If it was Orochimaru, or Sasori, or Deidara, or Kakashi, or Jiraiya, or any other ninja without space/time ninjutsu that can send them somewhere else, it would have been an instant battle.

u cant realy say that, thats like saying suppose madara didnt have sharingan, nd FTG is the reason why he is the 4th hokage

Status
    Oct 2009
    This user has no status.

5/5 great chapter

Status
    Dec 2008
    This user has no status.

the Second Hokage knew Space-Time Jutsu ? :P AWESOME

Status
    Dec 2009
    This user has no status.

This was an excellent chapter, one of the absolute best. Seeing Minato's space-time jutsus in action is really quite exciting. Madara has his space-time powers too, but compared to all the cool things that Minato can do, it really does seem like Minato is the best here. Minato's use of a space-time teleport for the Fox's chakra ball was amazing, and I'm sure it's just the first hint of what he is capable of. And if Minato is so strong and so powerful, the next few chapters where he reaches his limit and has to sacrifice his life to seal away the fox must be even better.

It's amazing to think that Naruto one day could learn some awesome space-time jutsus of his own. Naruto has learned his father's rasengan, and was able to take it to the next level by combining it with his own style, his own high chakra, and his wind element. Imagine what Naruto could do with the flying thundergod technique?

Flying thundergod + multiple shadow clones + super-high chakra + rasenshuriken + Jinchuuriki host transformation = awesome!

This was an awesome episode (worth the long wait) and I am very much looking forward to seeing where this story goes from here.

Status
    Jun 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteknight View Post
    Flying thundergod + multiple shadow clones + super-high chakra + rasenshuriken + Jinchuuriki host transformation = awesome!
    Division by zero, my mind is to small to visualise that:drunk: