View Poll Results: Best FF

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chakra Wizard

    4 12.90%
  • Minato.

    3 9.68%
  • ~Uzumaki~

    4 12.90%
  • El Zorro

    5 16.13%
  • ObitoKarin

    4 12.90%
  • Sagemode jinchuuriki

    4 12.90%
  • Netsui

    2 6.45%
  • Cobra73

    5 16.13%
Page 2 of 4 « First 1234 Last»
Results 26 to 50 of 93
  1. #26
    Netsui's Avatar
    Status
    Netsui is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Heat Haze
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writer in Training! I have so
    much I want to write, but
    there's not enough hours in
    the day.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    Ha, Levi is a bad ass. Attack on Titan fan as well?
    Good to see you too Netsui, as well as the rest of you.

    Cobra, I hear you. I haven't been able to get myself to write in months. Need some fresh inspiration.
    Just recently got into it. Instantly fell in love with Levi. The first opening is amazing~

    Quote Originally Posted by Cobra73 View Post
    Readers are at a low voters are at a low, yeah that don't motivate me to write at all :/
    Don't think about the readers on NB, Cobra. Think about the people outside of NB that will read your stuff. If you keep on thinking, "Readers on NB are low" you'll never be motivated. Listen to the opening song of Attack on Titan, that is inspiration enough.
     
         

  2. #27
    Sakura Fandom ObitoKarin's Avatar
    Status
    ObitoKarin is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kirigakure
    Posts
    467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wadduppppp
     

    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Feels like no one is voting
    9 votes so far, 0 for me
     
         

  3. #28
    Senior Member Germanicus's Avatar
    Status
    Germanicus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,605
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Netsui View Post
    Just recently got into it. Instantly fell in love with Levi. The first opening is amazing~



    Don't think about the readers on NB, Cobra. Think about the people outside of NB that will read your stuff. If you keep on thinking, "Readers on NB are low" you'll never be motivated. Listen to the opening song of Attack on Titan, that is inspiration enough.
    Not gonna lie, when I found it, I went through all of the epispdes in three days. Really, really glad I found it before school started back up.

    The manga has me itching for season two. Stuff goes crazy.

    Cobra, write for yourself, not others. This place shouldn't be the reason you write, whatever it may be.
     
         

  4. #29
    Rikudo Sennin ~Uzumaki~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Uzumaki~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nigeria
    Posts
    6,104
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Lord is my light and my
    salvation; whom shall I fear?
    the Lord is the strength of my
    life; of whom shall I be
    afraid
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    10 votes and 16 days to go. We're doing well
     
         

  5. #30
    Senior Member Chakra Wizard's Avatar
    Status
    Chakra Wizard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    not a chance
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    12 and 15 now. Hopefully, the monthly total starts rising after this point.
     
         

  6. #31
    Netsui's Avatar
    Status
    Netsui is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Heat Haze
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writer in Training! I have so
    much I want to write, but
    there's not enough hours in
    the day.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Chakra Wizard View Post
    12 and 15 now. Hopefully, the monthly total starts rising after this point.
    I got to try my best to vote this month.
     
         

  7. #32
    Senior Member Chakra Wizard's Avatar
    Status
    Chakra Wizard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    not a chance
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Netsui View Post
    I got to try my best to vote this month.
    Indeed you should...or you could just copout and return the vote I gave you lol
     
         

  8. #33
    Netsui's Avatar
    Status
    Netsui is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Heat Haze
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writer in Training! I have so
    much I want to write, but
    there's not enough hours in
    the day.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Chakra Wizard View Post
    Indeed you should...or you could just copout and return the vote I gave you lol
    Nice try. I want to read everyone's OFs/FFs before I vote.
     
         

  9. #34
    Senior Member Chakra Wizard's Avatar
    Status
    Chakra Wizard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    not a chance
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Netsui View Post
    Nice try. I want to read everyone's OFs/FFs before I vote.
    Huhhh, okay then lol Pay extra attention to Uzu's work, for I is editor
     
         

  10. #35
    King Cobra's Avatar
    Status
    King Cobra is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Viva La Kumo!!!!!!!
    Posts
    4,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Netsui View Post
    Just recently got into it. Instantly fell in love with Levi. The first opening is amazing~



    Don't think about the readers on NB, Cobra. Think about the people outside of NB that will read your stuff. If you keep on thinking, "Readers on NB are low" you'll never be motivated. Listen to the opening song of Attack on Titan, that is inspiration enough.
    I will later
    Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    Not gonna lie, when I found it, I went through all of the epispdes in three days. Really, really glad I found it before school started back up.

    The manga has me itching for season two. Stuff goes crazy.

    Cobra, write for yourself, not others. This place shouldn't be the reason you write, whatever it may be.
    I do write for myself it's just not fun any more :/
     
         

  11. #36
    That Guy Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DWMA
    Posts
    16,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Darling,tell me what you
    need."


    "Peter."
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Snaky McSnake Snake.
     
         

  12. #37
    King Cobra's Avatar
    Status
    King Cobra is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Viva La Kumo!!!!!!!
    Posts
    4,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    Snaky McSnake Snake.
    Yes? Mr. Spicer?
     
         

  13. #38
    Sakura Fandom ObitoKarin's Avatar
    Status
    ObitoKarin is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kirigakure
    Posts
    467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wadduppppp
     

    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    13 more days, I believe?

    I can't wait much longer, too impatient
     
         

  14. #39
    Legendary Sage of Konoha Michael92's Avatar
    Status
    Michael92 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Legendary Sage of Konoha's
    Series Finale will arrive 24th
    of July!!
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Time... It flies by fast indeed, doesn't it? For those of you that have been writing here at the Base for everything between 1-4 years, have your view on your writing changed over the years or is it still the same? For me personally and probably also the reason to why I'm asking this, is that I personally don't view my writing the same as I did. Like, some times you write for yourself, because you are passionate, bored or simply have a lot of spare time, other times because of your readers or because you don't want to leave something unfinished. After not having written anything since last year, I feel like I'm writing only because I want to see my plans through. The joy and the passion is still there, but it is not what it once used to be. As I've picked up writing my Series Finale again for my almost 4 years old story, I'm starting to believe that perhaps I might have dragged what originally was suppose to be a three chapter long joke, to something far more ambitious and perhaps out of my own desire. I don't know what the future will bring, but as far as my writing in general at the Base might go, I might be looking at a... Silent retreat sometime during this year...

    As of now, I got the Series Finale and one more One-Shot to do, and that might be it. If I was really serious about my writing, I would perhaps have done my story in half a year's time rather than spending four years on it, which really is quite long. Due to this, I'm starting to think that the idea I've had for an original work with 60 + chapters, will simply take too much time and effort to pull off (especially knowing how long each of my chapters are, that the idea and the first chapter of it has been shelved since 2011, and knowing how NB has changed over the years).

    I'm not saying that I'm going to "retire" as a writer (ironically, this thought started to come to me as I brought up that I would soon retire from this contest as well), but that it might soon be time to try for real or spend my resources elsewhere.

    So, what about you guys? Are your writing spirit still strong, or are you writing as a mean to settle your thoughts?
     
         

  15. #40
    Rikudo Sennin ~Uzumaki~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Uzumaki~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nigeria
    Posts
    6,104
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Lord is my light and my
    salvation; whom shall I fear?
    the Lord is the strength of my
    life; of whom shall I be
    afraid
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    I write cuz I got a story to finish, cuz its a cool way to exercise and express my imagination, cuz its simple writing practice...and cuz of rep and awards
     
         

  16. #41
    Senior Member Chakra Wizard's Avatar
    Status
    Chakra Wizard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    not a chance
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by El Zorro View Post
    Time... It flies by fast indeed, doesn't it? For those of you that have been writing here at the Base for everything between 1-4 years, have your view on your writing changed over the years or is it still the same? For me personally and probably also the reason to why I'm asking this, is that I personally don't view my writing the same as I did. Like, some times you write for yourself, because you are passionate, bored or simply have a lot of spare time, other times because of your readers or because you don't want to leave something unfinished. After not having written anything since last year, I feel like I'm writing only because I want to see my plans through. The joy and the passion is still there, but it is not what it once used to be. As I've picked up writing my Series Finale again for my almost 4 years old story, I'm starting to believe that perhaps I might have dragged what originally was suppose to be a three chapter long joke, to something far more ambitious and perhaps out of my own desire. I don't know what the future will bring, but as far as my writing in general at the Base might go, I might be looking at a... Silent retreat sometime during this year...

    As of now, I got the Series Finale and one more One-Shot to do, and that might be it. If I was really serious about my writing, I would perhaps have done my story in half a year's time rather than spending four years on it, which really is quite long. Due to this, I'm starting to think that the idea I've had for an original work with 60 + chapters, will simply take too much time and effort to pull off (especially knowing how long each of my chapters are, that the idea and the first chapter of it has been shelved since 2011, and knowing how NB has changed over the years).

    I'm not saying that I'm going to "retire" as a writer (ironically, this thought started to come to me as I brought up that I would soon retire from this contest as well), but that it might soon be time to try for real or spend my resources elsewhere.

    So, what about you guys? Are your writing spirit still strong, or are you writing as a mean to settle your thoughts?
    Both, I guess. I wanna finish my two stories, but I also wanna work on the stories I plan in publishing one day.
     
         

  17. #42
    That Guy Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Jack Spicer is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DWMA
    Posts
    16,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Darling,tell me what you
    need."


    "Peter."
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by El Zorro View Post
    Time... It flies by fast indeed, doesn't it? For those of you that have been writing here at the Base for everything between 1-4 years, have your view on your writing changed over the years or is it still the same? For me personally and probably also the reason to why I'm asking this, is that I personally don't view my writing the same as I did. Like, some times you write for yourself, because you are passionate, bored or simply have a lot of spare time, other times because of your readers or because you don't want to leave something unfinished. After not having written anything since last year, I feel like I'm writing only because I want to see my plans through. The joy and the passion is still there, but it is not what it once used to be. As I've picked up writing my Series Finale again for my almost 4 years old story, I'm starting to believe that perhaps I might have dragged what originally was suppose to be a three chapter long joke, to something far more ambitious and perhaps out of my own desire. I don't know what the future will bring, but as far as my writing in general at the Base might go, I might be looking at a... Silent retreat sometime during this year...

    As of now, I got the Series Finale and one more One-Shot to do, and that might be it. If I was really serious about my writing, I would perhaps have done my story in half a year's time rather than spending four years on it, which really is quite long. Due to this, I'm starting to think that the idea I've had for an original work with 60 + chapters, will simply take too much time and effort to pull off (especially knowing how long each of my chapters are, that the idea and the first chapter of it has been shelved since 2011, and knowing how NB has changed over the years).

    I'm not saying that I'm going to "retire" as a writer (ironically, this thought started to come to me as I brought up that I would soon retire from this contest as well), but that it might soon be time to try for real or spend my resources elsewhere.

    So, what about you guys? Are your writing spirit still strong, or are you writing as a mean to settle your thoughts?
    I still keep ideas flowing in my brain, but I've sort of converted my writing to editing Youtube videos. I'm using a different format creatively. I just love storytelling. If I have a really good writing idea for a fanfic, I'll post it. I only write it for me, which is why I haven't written anything just to enter the contest. I've thought about it to just adding to the fray and filling up a spot, but I prefer it to come naturally. My ideal job would probably to me a teacher/therapist/journalist and a writer on the side. It'd be great and is coming to fruition every day. It's the passion and the passion hasn't changed for me. I view NB writing different. I feel like disconnected from the writing community, but that's just me not being in it a lot and not loving the content I do read sometimes, which I barely do, so again, it's just me, you know?

    Anyways, I can see your point, which brings me to my ideal job again. I do love writing, but it's a perfect side outlet for me. Not time limit, no nothing. I just go with the feeling when it hits. It works for me. You may be different and want it full time, which is great. My advice is, don't force yourself unless it comes naturally. Take it lightly, even though it's serious work, it's supposed to be fun. Everything should be fun and not stressful, especially writing.

    Not really sure what I said will help you, but bottom line, my passion is still strong. I love it. I'm good. Not extremely active and writing constantly, but it doesn't lessen my passion. I just do it differently.
     
         

  18. #43
    Netsui's Avatar
    Status
    Netsui is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Heat Haze
    Posts
    5,576
    Post Thanks / Like
    Writer in Training! I have so
    much I want to write, but
    there's not enough hours in
    the day.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by El Zorro View Post
    Time... It flies by fast indeed, doesn't it? For those of you that have been writing here at the Base for everything between 1-4 years, have your view on your writing changed over the years or is it still the same? For me personally and probably also the reason to why I'm asking this, is that I personally don't view my writing the same as I did. Like, some times you write for yourself, because you are passionate, bored or simply have a lot of spare time, other times because of your readers or because you don't want to leave something unfinished. After not having written anything since last year, I feel like I'm writing only because I want to see my plans through. The joy and the passion is still there, but it is not what it once used to be. As I've picked up writing my Series Finale again for my almost 4 years old story, I'm starting to believe that perhaps I might have dragged what originally was suppose to be a three chapter long joke, to something far more ambitious and perhaps out of my own desire. I don't know what the future will bring, but as far as my writing in general at the Base might go, I might be looking at a... Silent retreat sometime during this year...

    As of now, I got the Series Finale and one more One-Shot to do, and that might be it. If I was really serious about my writing, I would perhaps have done my story in half a year's time rather than spending four years on it, which really is quite long. Due to this, I'm starting to think that the idea I've had for an original work with 60 + chapters, will simply take too much time and effort to pull off (especially knowing how long each of my chapters are, that the idea and the first chapter of it has been shelved since 2011, and knowing how NB has changed over the years).

    I'm not saying that I'm going to "retire" as a writer (ironically, this thought started to come to me as I brought up that I would soon retire from this contest as well), but that it might soon be time to try for real or spend my resources elsewhere.

    So, what about you guys? Are your writing spirit still strong, or are you writing as a mean to settle your thoughts?
    I write because I love it. I don't write for anyone except myself, and it will always stay like that. The way I see it, if I'm writing for someone else, the passion isn't there anymore. I never want that passion to fade away, after I've been writing since middle school. I end up liking writing more by the end of every year.
     
         

  19. #44
    Sakura Fandom ObitoKarin's Avatar
    Status
    ObitoKarin is offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Kirigakure
    Posts
    467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wadduppppp
     

    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by El Zorro View Post
    Time... It flies by fast indeed, doesn't it? For those of you that have been writing here at the Base for everything between 1-4 years, have your view on your writing changed over the years or is it still the same? For me personally and probably also the reason to why I'm asking this, is that I personally don't view my writing the same as I did. Like, some times you write for yourself, because you are passionate, bored or simply have a lot of spare time, other times because of your readers or because you don't want to leave something unfinished. After not having written anything since last year, I feel like I'm writing only because I want to see my plans through. The joy and the passion is still there, but it is not what it once used to be. As I've picked up writing my Series Finale again for my almost 4 years old story, I'm starting to believe that perhaps I might have dragged what originally was suppose to be a three chapter long joke, to something far more ambitious and perhaps out of my own desire. I don't know what the future will bring, but as far as my writing in general at the Base might go, I might be looking at a... Silent retreat sometime during this year...

    As of now, I got the Series Finale and one more One-Shot to do, and that might be it. If I was really serious about my writing, I would perhaps have done my story in half a year's time rather than spending four years on it, which really is quite long. Due to this, I'm starting to think that the idea I've had for an original work with 60 + chapters, will simply take too much time and effort to pull off (especially knowing how long each of my chapters are, that the idea and the first chapter of it has been shelved since 2011, and knowing how NB has changed over the years).

    I'm not saying that I'm going to "retire" as a writer (ironically, this thought started to come to me as I brought up that I would soon retire from this contest as well), but that it might soon be time to try for real or spend my resources elsewhere.

    So, what about you guys? Are your writing spirit still strong, or are you writing as a mean to settle your thoughts?
    Well being, probably, the less experienced, I write primarily to release clustered up imagination. I'm in 10th grade now and at my school we don't typically get a time to actually write how we feel so a lot of the things I want to say never get said unless I write it. I also enjoy writing for both myself and others since I'm essentially focusing on music but writing is similar so when I hear people say, "Hey, this is a really cool story" it really puts a smile on my face. But, for myself, I mostly do it to learn from myself since it's had to review your own writing so when I hear that there was something I did incorrectly my first impression is, "Well... can't do that again" . Other than that, the simplest way to put it is that its a great experience to write.
     
         

  20. #45
    Rikudo Sennin ~Uzumaki~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Uzumaki~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nigeria
    Posts
    6,104
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Lord is my light and my
    salvation; whom shall I fear?
    the Lord is the strength of my
    life; of whom shall I be
    afraid
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    On a completely unrelated note...HALFWAYS please!
     
         

  21. #46
    Senior Member Chakra Wizard's Avatar
    Status
    Chakra Wizard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    not a chance
    Posts
    7,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just got in my first car
    accident. ...**** me.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Uzumaki~ View Post
    On a completely unrelated note...HALFWAYS please!
    Hmm, indeed. I believeth now is the time, Miss Lawliet
     
         

  22. #47
    Legendary Sage of Konoha Michael92's Avatar
    Status
    Michael92 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    5,685
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Legendary Sage of Konoha's
    Series Finale will arrive 24th
    of July!!
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Uzumaki~ View Post
    I write cuz I got a story to finish, cuz its a cool way to exercise and express my imagination, cuz its simple writing practice...and cuz of rep and awards
    * Writes to conclude your story.
    * Writes to settle your thoughts.
    * Writes to win awards... Got it =P

    I suppose you have some of the same points as me then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chakra Wizard View Post
    Both, I guess. I wanna finish my two stories, but I also wanna work on the stories I plan in publishing one day.
    I see, well that's one way to look at it I suppose. Personally as far as thoughts on publishing something goes, I'm way too indecisive when it comes to making up my mind on what I want to do with my life, haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    I still keep ideas flowing in my brain, but I've sort of converted my writing to editing Youtube videos. I'm using a different format creatively. I just love storytelling. If I have a really good writing idea for a fanfic, I'll post it. I only write it for me, which is why I haven't written anything just to enter the contest. I've thought about it to just adding to the fray and filling up a spot, but I prefer it to come naturally. My ideal job would probably to me a teacher/therapist/journalist and a writer on the side. It'd be great and is coming to fruition every day. It's the passion and the passion hasn't changed for me. I view NB writing different. I feel like disconnected from the writing community, but that's just me not being in it a lot and not loving the content I do read sometimes, which I barely do, so again, it's just me, you know?

    Anyways, I can see your point, which brings me to my ideal job again. I do love writing, but it's a perfect side outlet for me. Not time limit, no nothing. I just go with the feeling when it hits. It works for me. You may be different and want it full time, which is great. My advice is, don't force yourself unless it comes naturally. Take it lightly, even though it's serious work, it's supposed to be fun. Everything should be fun and not stressful, especially writing.

    Not really sure what I said will help you, but bottom line, my passion is still strong. I love it. I'm good. Not extremely active and writing constantly, but it doesn't lessen my passion. I just do it differently.
    Well if you can use your writing creatively in more ways than just writing itself, then that's a good thing I suppose. It's not always about becoming an author, but about finding a way in which your writing abilities get used in the right way. Good points Jack.

    Quote Originally Posted by Netsui View Post
    I write because I love it. I don't write for anyone except myself, and it will always stay like that. The way I see it, if I'm writing for someone else, the passion isn't there anymore. I never want that passion to fade away, after I've been writing since middle school. I end up liking writing more by the end of every year.
    I see your points, and I suppose I agree. What I meant by writing for your readers though is the idea of a reader wanting the continuation of your story to such a degree that you get inspired to continue, you get the urge to finish that said story. In a way, you could say that you are still writing for yourself, but the way I see it, if the readers want you to continue, you are also writing for them in a way.

    Quote Originally Posted by ObitoKarin View Post
    Well being, probably, the less experienced, I write primarily to release clustered up imagination. I'm in 10th grade now and at my school we don't typically get a time to actually write how we feel so a lot of the things I want to say never get said unless I write it. I also enjoy writing for both myself and others since I'm essentially focusing on music but writing is similar so when I hear people say, "Hey, this is a really cool story" it really puts a smile on my face. But, for myself, I mostly do it to learn from myself since it's had to review your own writing so when I hear that there was something I did incorrectly my first impression is, "Well... can't do that again" . Other than that, the simplest way to put it is that its a great experience to write.
    The way you make it sound kind of reminds me of myself when I began writing, also in 10th grade and also because you had to write things you didn't want to in school, haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Uzumaki~ View Post
    On a completely unrelated note...HALFWAYS please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakra Wizard View Post
    Hmm, indeed. I believeth now is the time, Miss Lawliet
    Have patience young ones, all in due time =P

    Ps: Sorry for the late and short replies people, only have access to my phone while in the camp. Going home for a short visit this weekend though.
     
         

  23. #48
    King Cobra's Avatar
    Status
    King Cobra is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Viva La Kumo!!!!!!!
    Posts
    4,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael92 View Post
    Time... It flies by fast indeed, doesn't it? For those of you that have been writing here at the Base for everything between 1-4 years, have your view on your writing changed over the years or is it still the same? For me personally and probably also the reason to why I'm asking this, is that I personally don't view my writing the same as I did. Like, some times you write for yourself, because you are passionate, bored or simply have a lot of spare time, other times because of your readers or because you don't want to leave something unfinished. After not having written anything since last year, I feel like I'm writing only because I want to see my plans through. The joy and the passion is still there, but it is not what it once used to be. As I've picked up writing my Series Finale again for my almost 4 years old story, I'm starting to believe that perhaps I might have dragged what originally was suppose to be a three chapter long joke, to something far more ambitious and perhaps out of my own desire. I don't know what the future will bring, but as far as my writing in general at the Base might go, I might be looking at a... Silent retreat sometime during this year...

    As of now, I got the Series Finale and one more One-Shot to do, and that might be it. If I was really serious about my writing, I would perhaps have done my story in half a year's time rather than spending four years on it, which really is quite long. Due to this, I'm starting to think that the idea I've had for an original work with 60 + chapters, will simply take too much time and effort to pull off (especially knowing how long each of my chapters are, that the idea and the first chapter of it has been shelved since 2011, and knowing how NB has changed over the years).

    I'm not saying that I'm going to "retire" as a writer (ironically, this thought started to come to me as I brought up that I would soon retire from this contest as well), but that it might soon be time to try for real or spend my resources elsewhere.

    So, what about you guys? Are your writing spirit still strong, or are you writing as a mean to settle your thoughts?
    Well because everyone else answered you I guess I will too. I write for myself. I enjoy writing plus its a way to get the stories I come up with my head out. If you like my writing, I thank you, thanks for all the support, however T the same time if you don't well then you don't. Heck I don't like my own writing at times. Lately my writing spirt has been at an all time low....no it's not writers block I know what I want to write I I just can't you know? I try I get nothing. I'm just to motivated to do it anymore.
     
         

  24. #49
    Who's the best?!! Lawliet's Avatar
    Status
    Lawliet is offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ .
    Posts
    4,787
    Post Thanks / Like
    _ _ _ _ is the best!
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Uzumaki and Chakra - 4
    Cobra - 3

    everyone else 2, 1 or 0.
     
         

  25. #50
    King Cobra's Avatar
    Status
    King Cobra is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Viva La Kumo!!!!!!!
    Posts
    4,855
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're here.
     



    Re: Voting: Best FanFiction [February 2014]

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawliet View Post
    Uzumaki and Chakra - 4
    Cobra - 3

    everyone else 2, 1 or 0.
    3? Wow wasn't expecting that. Thanks for those who voted so far.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •