Page 2 of 2 « First 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
  1. #21
    t(-_-)t Uchiha Riyo's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Riyo is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,488
    Location
    You tell me.
    Lazy days~
     

    Re: Only one piece fans

    who cares?
     
         

  2. #22
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,425
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Only one piece fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Crutch Kaguya View Post
    It wouldn't be manga without an awkward love interest for the main character. In DBZ, Vegeta and Bulma. In Bleach Ichigo and Orihime. In Naruto, Naruto and Sakura/Hinata. So there's gonna be something sometime before the series ends.

    Also I stand corrected about Oda not showing any signs. I wasn't sure so I asked my ole friend the internet. Luffy/Nami Some one found the time to compile a list and it seems like a pretty good one at that. Whether or not these were purposeful or just random, I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by hollycrab View Post
    Purposeful i think ... As you can see there are 31 reasons (atleast in the site which i belive has everything considered) that nami and luffy like each other ... read it if you haven't done it yet there are things that i didnt even thought about when analyzing this question
    Dude...WTH could you please even think things through. If you do you would notice that that list is a load of crap made by a person who's clearly addicted to Nami x Luffy. That person started from Luffy loves Nami is a fact, now I just need to find things to prove it to other persons. If you us that method with any kind of theory, no matter what it's about, you have proven to be completely incapable of making plausible theories and you're just going to be laughed at.

    For instance:

    After Luffy and Nami meet formally, Luffy immediately asks her to join his crew. He has no proof that she actually has navigational skills, or is even a decent person, yet he asks her anyway. All we can assume from this is that his instincts told him she was a good navigator, or at the very least, a reliable and useful person. Of course, Nami refuses at first because she hates pirates, but he gradually wins her over.

    ...I mean...WTH Luffy asked Chopper instantly to join his crew because he was a reindeer, he asked Brook because he was a skeleton. "his instincts told him" my ass. Everyone who has read the manga knows that Luffy is incredibly reckless and acts on impulses. The person who wrote that list doesn't understand a thing about the manga, he's just using normal situations and twists hem to his own benefit. Those are no 34 reasons, they are 0 reasons.

    Those so-called 34 reasons are patterns that continuously appear in OP, however the maker decided to just ignore those, just like you did, and only use them in a way it's useful to him.

    Another example:

    Once they arrive at the island, the villagers stop them and tell them to turn back. It seems they have a problem with pirates and don’t want to let any more in. After some arguing, Vivi is shot (the bullet only grazes her shoulder) and Luffy becomes angry, moving to attack. Vivi stops him and reminds him that Nami desperately needs a doctor, and no one will help them if they use violence. Setting aside the way he always does things, Luffy gets on his knees and bows to the villagers, begging them to bring a doctor to help Nami. Seeing his sincerity, the villagers let them in. This scene was so touching because it probably took a lot for Luffy to humble himself to that degree. Up till this point, Luffy has solved nearly every problem with some form of violence. But to save Nami, he was willing to change that tactic.

    Wait, that sounds incredibly familiar...where have I seen that...of course Luffy did the exact same thing when he was on Amazon Lily to save Marguerite - a woman - Why aren't you saying Luffy x Marguerite? I mean it's the exact same situation. Why aren't you saying Luffy x Vivi or Luffy x Cami? All people who helped Luffy and thankes him.

    Luffy doesn't love Nami in a romantic way, there have been zero indications of this. If you claim otherwise you are or extremely paranoid or you didn't read the manga or both. Even saying that he saw Nami naked is useless as since when do you have to love a woman when you see her naked -_- That list is completely useless. That person just used normal situations, which have occured a lot of times in the manga with both men and women, to his own benefit. Something you should have known if you would actually read the manga carefully.

    Luffy hasn't shown any interest at all in any woman on a romantic lvl and that's a fact.
     
         

  3. #23
    Trust in me. Crutch Kaguya's Avatar
    Status
    Crutch Kaguya is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,836
    He is the Crutch, his works
    are perfect, and all his ways
    are just.
     



    Re: Only one piece fans

    What you say may be true. But I can't reply unbiasedly cause I'm a little Nami x Luffy myself.
     
         

  4. #24
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,425
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Only one piece fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Crutch Kaguya View Post
    What you say may be true. But I can't reply unbiasedly cause I'm a little Nami x Luffy myself.
    That's different. Hoping that Nami x Luffy is going to happen and saying that there are indications in the manga that it is happening are two different things.

    That list was obviously made by someone who's obsessed with Luffy x Nami and took that as a fact and just started to bend normal situations into so-called (non-existing) Luffy x Nami-situations.

    If you have got two exact the same situations, only the women are different, and you say "that must means Luffy loves Nami" and not that he loves the other person, you've proven absolutely nothing. Then you've just show you're extremely biased.

    You can speculate hours of which character would like which character, however so far Luffy has shown zero interest in any woman whatsoever. The closest he ever came was hugging Hancock, but that had also nothing to do with romantic feelings.
    Oda doesn't give much screentime to romantic stuff.

    There are no indications that Luffy likes Nami in a romantic way and that's a fact.
     
         
    Last edited by Caliburn; 07-27-2010 at 03:19 PM.

  5. #25
    Trust in me. Crutch Kaguya's Avatar
    Status
    Crutch Kaguya is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,836
    He is the Crutch, his works
    are perfect, and all his ways
    are just.
     



    Re: Only one piece fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    That's different. Hoping that Nami x Luffy is going to happen and saying that there are indications in the manga that it is happening are two different things.

    That list was obviously made by someone who's obsessed with Luffy x Nami and took that as a fact and just started to bend normal situations into so-called (non-existing) Luffy x Nami-situations.

    If you have got two exact the same situations, only the women are different, and you say "that must means Luffy loves Nami" and not that he loves the other person, you've proven absolutely nothing. Then you've just show you're extremely biased.

    You can speculate hours of which character would like which character, however so far Luffy has shown zero interest in any woman whatsoever. The closest he ever came was hugging Hancock, but that had also nothing to do with romantic feelings.
    Oda doesn't give much screentime to romantic stuff.

    There are no indications that Luffy likes Nami in a romantic way and that's a fact.
    There are some things never meant to be revealed like Ash's father or Yugi's parents. This may just be another one. Or Oda could simply be waiting for the right time if he does feel it neccessary to add a serious love interest.

    No one can be sure of what's gonna happen until the series is over.
     
         

  6. #26
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,425
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Only one piece fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Crutch Kaguya View Post
    There are some things never meant to be revealed like Ash's father or Yugi's parents. This may just be another one. Or Oda could simply be waiting for the right time if he does feel it neccessary to add a serious love interest.

    No one can be sure of what's gonna happen until the series is over.
    I'm also not talking about that, I never said as what could happen in the future, I'm talking about what has happened so far. You can't start saying that Luffy loves Nami while there has been zero evidence nor indications of that. So far Nami is to him a crewmember and he cares for his entire crew.

    It's always a possibility that in the future such romances occur, I never said that Nami x Luffy couldn't happen. I'm just saying that you can't say it is like that while you haven't got any proof and the manga clearly does not support it so far.
     
         

  7. #27
    Trust in me. Crutch Kaguya's Avatar
    Status
    Crutch Kaguya is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    13,836
    He is the Crutch, his works
    are perfect, and all his ways
    are just.
     



    Re: Only one piece fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    I'm also not talking about that, I never said as what could happen in the future, I'm talking about what has happened so far. You can't start saying that Luffy loves Nami while there has been zero evidence nor indications of that. So far Nami is to him a crewmember and he cares for his entire crew.

    It's always a possibility that in the future such romances occur, I never said that Nami x Luffy couldn't happen. I'm just saying that you can't say it is like that while you haven't got any proof and the manga clearly does not support it so far.
    Only god and Oda know what will happen.
     
         

  8. #28
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,425
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: Only one piece fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Crutch Kaguya View Post
    Only god and Oda know what will happen.
    No kidding, I just said I'm only talking as what has happened so far and that there have been no indications of Nami x Luffy in the manga, thus making Nami x Luffy non-existing atm.
     
         

  9. #29
    PLATINUM SAGE ... SHANKS platinum69's Avatar
    Status
    platinum69 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,692
    Location
    Australia the Hidden Village of Sage's
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Only one piece fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    Water 7

    Usopp can make Chopper and Luffy believe nearly anything, so he has a lot of influence on them.

    And be serious there have been nearly 600 chapters of OP and only in one he showed interest in Nami when she was naked. She was with him almost from the start, so in all the other chapters he shows zero interest. But because in one happened something, he must like Nami :confused:

    Be real. He likes his entire crew and has no special feelings for her as already has been proven in previous posts.
    excellent point... I total agree...

    lmao fully owned
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    Dude...WTH could you please even think things through. If you do you would notice that that list is a load of crap made by a person who's clearly addicted to Nami x Luffy. That person started from Luffy loves Nami is a fact, now I just need to find things to prove it to other persons. If you us that method with any kind of theory, no matter what it's about, you have proven to be completely incapable of making plausible theories and you're just going to be laughed at.

    For instance:

    After Luffy and Nami meet formally, Luffy immediately asks her to join his crew. He has no proof that she actually has navigational skills, or is even a decent person, yet he asks her anyway. All we can assume from this is that his instincts told him she was a good navigator, or at the very least, a reliable and useful person. Of course, Nami refuses at first because she hates pirates, but he gradually wins her over.

    ...I mean...WTH Luffy asked Chopper instantly to join his crew because he was a reindeer, he asked Brook because he was a skeleton. "his instincts told him" my ass. Everyone who has read the manga knows that Luffy is incredibly reckless and acts on impulses. The person who wrote that list doesn't understand a thing about the manga, he's just using normal situations and twists hem to his own benefit. Those are no 34 reasons, they are 0 reasons.

    Those so-called 34 reasons are patterns that continuously appear in OP, however the maker decided to just ignore those, just like you did, and only use them in a way it's useful to him.

    Another example:

    Once they arrive at the island, the villagers stop them and tell them to turn back. It seems they have a problem with pirates and don’t want to let any more in. After some arguing, Vivi is shot (the bullet only grazes her shoulder) and Luffy becomes angry, moving to attack. Vivi stops him and reminds him that Nami desperately needs a doctor, and no one will help them if they use violence. Setting aside the way he always does things, Luffy gets on his knees and bows to the villagers, begging them to bring a doctor to help Nami. Seeing his sincerity, the villagers let them in. This scene was so touching because it probably took a lot for Luffy to humble himself to that degree. Up till this point, Luffy has solved nearly every problem with some form of violence. But to save Nami, he was willing to change that tactic.

    Wait, that sounds incredibly familiar...where have I seen that...of course Luffy did the exact same thing when he was on Amazon Lily to save Marguerite - a woman - Why aren't you saying Luffy x Marguerite? I mean it's the exact same situation. Why aren't you saying Luffy x Vivi or Luffy x Cami? All people who helped Luffy and thankes him.

    Luffy doesn't love Nami in a romantic way, there have been zero indications of this. If you claim otherwise you are or extremely paranoid or you didn't read the manga or both. Even saying that he saw Nami naked is useless as since when do you have to love a woman when you see her naked -_- That list is completely useless. That person just used normal situations, which have occured a lot of times in the manga with both men and women, to his own benefit. Something you should have known if you would actually read the manga carefully.

    Luffy hasn't shown any interest at all in any woman on a romantic lvl and that's a fact.


    Luffy and Nami will never happen according to the manga so far... Nami has more of a relationship with Zoro... love and hate... not to mention Sanji...
     
         
    Last edited by platinum69; 07-28-2010 at 04:45 AM.

  10. #30
    PLATINUM SAGE ... SHANKS platinum69's Avatar
    Status
    platinum69 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,692
    Location
    Australia the Hidden Village of Sage's
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Only one piece fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Crutch Kaguya View Post
    There are some things never meant to be revealed like Ash's father or Yugi's parents. This may just be another one. Or Oda could simply be waiting for the right time if he does feel it neccessary to add a serious love interest.

    No one can be sure of what's gonna happen until the series is over.
    OMG LMAO... that was the cutest thing I have ever read lol
     
         

  11. #31
    Member ~+h0lLy-cRab+~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~+h0lLy-cRab+~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    495
    Location
    In a fire pit making fried potatoes
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Only one piece fans

    Quote Originally Posted by platinum69 View Post
    excellent point... I total agree...

    lmao fully owned

    Luffy and Nami will never happen according to the manga so far... Nami has more of a relationship with Zoro... love and hate... not to mention Sanji...
    I think sanji hasnt place in this thread i mean wtf he is inlove with every beautiful woman he sees ... so really dont mention it :X
     
         

  12. #32
    Member ~+h0lLy-cRab+~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~+h0lLy-cRab+~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    495
    Location
    In a fire pit making fried potatoes
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Only one piece fans

    Well caliburn you have a point and now that i have read the reasons again ... Yeah they are really twisted in nami x luffy because either he's a big fan of this couple or he hasnt everything considered like me :D
     
         

  13. #33
    Senior Member sexyprep1's Avatar
    Status
    sexyprep1 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,246
    Location
    Haine city, Florida
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Only one piece fans

    i think its cause its the first time he has been exposed to a woman so when he saw hancock he wasnt suprised and acted normal cause hes already seen a naked woman
     
         

  14. #34
    Sydney's Halo Grim's Avatar
    Status
    Grim is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,453
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society
     



    Re: Only one piece fans

    i think its more like, Luffy was not in the mood, after all he lost all his team... he wasnt calm neather relaxed... or maybe its a haki :D but i dont think he didnt act O.O only couse he saw naked women before:D i saw Naked girl under me and on me many times and i still O.O when i see hot one :D :D:D
     
         

  15. #35
    Member ~+h0lLy-cRab+~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~+h0lLy-cRab+~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    495
    Location
    In a fire pit making fried potatoes
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Only one piece fans

    Quote Originally Posted by sexyprep1 View Post
    i think its cause its the first time he has been exposed to a woman so when he saw hancock he wasnt suprised and acted normal cause hes already seen a naked woman
    well if you see a naked woman
    and after several months another naked woman ( for the record they are hot )
    you would go crazy ? well i think you will X:
     
         

  16. #36
    Member ~+h0lLy-cRab+~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~+h0lLy-cRab+~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    495
    Location
    In a fire pit making fried potatoes
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Only one piece fans

    Quote Originally Posted by Ulquiorra Cifer View Post
    i think its more like, Luffy was not in the mood, after all he lost all his team... he wasnt calm neather relaxed... or maybe its a haki :D but i dont think he didnt act O.O only couse he saw naked women before:D i saw Naked girl under me and on me many times and i still O.O when i see hot one :D :D:D
    well that i think is the only reason why he didnt react caliburn could say that in the begining rather than putting an lecture :X no offens :X
     
         

  17. #37
    Member uzamaki2223's Avatar
    Status
    uzamaki2223 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    698
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Only one piece fans

    i dont think that he likes nami yet but like someone else said its happened in all the other top mangas so i think that it could happen. personally tho i would like him to b with hancock cuz of the many possibilities that come with that plus she reminds me of hinata and naruto and how they interact with one another.
     
         

Page 2 of 2 « First 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •