Status
    Sep 2012
    サスケ様

The philosophical case for why Obito was right and Sasuke is the new Sage

Obito (pre-TnJ) was of the idea that "there is no hope in this world" and that world conflict could only be ended by enslaving the TB. Hagoromo believed that Ninshuu would prevail and people could understand each other's feelings through linked chakra.

It's safe to say that Ninshuu as an ideology failed. Mankind desired war and power, and proved to be greedy in its nature. Even Hashirama was proof of that, as he himself weaponized the Juubi's Did I just call the First Hokage part of the problem? Yes, yes I did. Ashura too.

Ashura = good and Indra = bad is missing the point of the now blatantly obvious Ying-Yang Buddhist symbolism. Ashura and Indra balance each other and ultimately represent self-restraint and cooperation as an ideal. Obito's power clearly represented a more Shinto and animist ideal -- the use of raw nature itself and power to subdue mankind and it's relentless desires. Madara represents Indra's wishes -- belief in human power and in strength.

Ultimately Madara is the guy that wants to kill God here. He's the Gendo Ikari of the Naruto-verse. He wants to kill and replace Hagoromo and eat the god fruit to rule the world as an omniscient God. Obito just wanted to bring about world peace in a world of dreams. Why? Because in the real world, world peace is IMPOSSIBLE

Naruto wants people to believe in each other and all just be friends. Sasuke wants to destroy the TB and reform the system (notice we don't see what Sasuke actually says to Hagoromo's question) but the translation clearly says Sasuke, NOT Naruto, is chosen as Hagoromo's successor. Naruto gets the chakra of the TB. Safe to say Sasuke gets either Rinnegan or Ashura chakra upgrades.

In the end Naruto's approach would just end the same way Hashirama's did -- in absolute failure. The TB would be weaponized again. Sasuke's approach would cause political rivalries and alienate the weaker nations, causing more human-driven conflict. Madara ruling the world as God just causes mankind to lose any relevance or free will. Obito gives people what they want, what cannot exist in reality, a world of dreams and of peace.

Madara is a horrible final villain, Sasuke is the new Sage and Obito was right all along. My two cents.

Status

Re: The philosophical case for why Obito was right and Sasuke is the new Sage

Didn't you quit?

ot; I don't think so.

Status
    Mar 2014
    This user has no status.

Your so dumb lmao
    1.sasuke no where near being a sage,Narutos way closer
    2.even if he killed the tb they'd just re spawn later

Being a sauce fapboy increases stupidity apparently smh

"im the batman" - jon snow Funky Tiger's Avatar
    Status
    a place where you can have a location so humongous that it literally breaks the forums table lmao.
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

Then how do you explain the fact that Sasuke has a much dumber fashion sense than Naruto?

Status
    Mar 2014
    I am kira

I think Sasuke Will give his life to become S6p and Keep Peace While In a Seperate dimension or something.
    Kinda Like Christians See their God

Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    You actually care what I have
    to say?

Quote Originally Posted by Funky Tiger View Post
    Then how do you explain the fact that Sasuke has a much dumber fashion sense than Naruto?
    Obito has the true swag.

Status
    Jun 2013
    This user has no status.

I'm pretty sure they both have to ascend to "Sage" in order to become like the SO6P. The two halves of a whole thing with them.

If the Sage represents Yin and Yang, and Sasuke and Naruto represent Yin and Yang separately, I'm pretty sure Kishi is intending making them as equal as possible in the ending, and not lopside it. Hashirama failed because the Sons' balance cut out Madara, and the current Madara is basically what would've happened if he was the stronger one.

Also Obito was incorrect, and this is not the real world, this is the world of shinobi in which individuals can rise to the power and influence of demigods through individual training. World peace could be possible

Status
    Mar 2014
    This user has no status.

Whta are you saying?

Status
    Sep 2011
    "It will be a new
    world… A world of truth, not
    lies."

I dont understand why people think that Sage is a ninja rank or some1 with god-like power or something like that .. Hagoromo Ōtsutsuki was called Sage because of his wisdom and divinity .. and now ninjas call Sage some1 who can use natural energy(senjutsu) ... so dat means Naruto is already a Sage like Jiraiya or Minato ...