Gintama Baby!!! o.< Peace Maker's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Luffy's Mother

http://www.onepiecebay.net/forums/ar...p/t-19568.html

So while researching stuff for my last thread (http://www.onepiecebay.net/forums/sh...me-other-stuff.), I found some interesting things that could make up a sketchy theory about Luffy's mother.

Mary Read (died 1721) was an English pirate. She and Anne Bonny are two of the most famed female pirates of all time; they are the only two women known to have been convicted of piracy during the early 18th century, at the height of the Golden Age of Piracy.

Most people know that Jewely Bonney was based on the pirate Anne Bonney.
    We also know that Bonney can change her age, so it is entirely possible that she is a lot older than she looks. I'll come back to that in a minute.

http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ip_Infobox.png

But firstly I want to focus on the other woman, Mary Read. She, along with Bonney, is one of the most famed female pirates of all time. She started out as a member of the military, but soon quit to become a pirate.

During their brief cruise in late 1720, they took several prisoners and forced them into useful service. Read fell in love with one such victim who was surprised to learn that she was a woman and eventually returned the affection. When one of the pirates challenged her lover to a duel, Read contrived a secret duel to occur a couple hours earlier. She killed the pirate before he could bring any harm to her lover, whom she called "husband" as they made vows to each other in absence of a minister.

Now here's what I think, based upon this. I believe Luffy's mother became a marine at an early age, but soon quit because she disliked the system, and became a pirate.
    She joined a pirate crew and became friends with Jewelry Bonney - she can change her age, so it is entirely possible she was alive back then.
    During their voyage, they captured a number of people, one of them being the young Monkey D. Dragon. Both having the same views on the corrupt World Government and Marines, they soon fell in love. She became fiercly protective of him.

http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...me_Infobox.png

However:

Rackham (her captain) and his crew were arrested and brought to trial in what is now known as Spanish Town, Jamaica, where they were sentenced to hang for acts of piracy, as were Read and Bonny. However, the women escaped the noose when they revealed they were both "quick with child" (known as "Pleading the belly"), so they received a temporary stay of execution.

Read died in prison in April 1721, but there is no record of burial of her baby.

I believe Luffy's mother was captured along with her crew, but Dragon managed to escape. At this point, she was pregnant with Luffy. She died giving birth to him in prison and Garp took Luffy away to look after him. Dragon, hearing of her death, became enraged, leading him to soon become a notorious Revolutionary to take revenge against the World Government for his wife's death.

http://images.wikia.com/onepiece/fr/..._Dragon-1-.jpg

Like I said, this theory is a little sketchy, however it does explain why Bonney dislikes Luffy so much. If her best friend died giving birth to him, she has good reason to hate him.

It could be possible while Bonney was in prison with Luffy's mother, the Marines found out about her Devil's Fruit power and released her. This then links to the widely known theory that Bonney is being used by the World Government to stop the Gorosei from ageing, which is why she is still able to walk free even though she is a wanted pirate.

So to conclude my theory - Luffy's mother was a pirate and an ex-marine. She became friends with Jewelry Bonney, and fell in love with Monkey D. Dragon while on her pirate ship, but was captured by the Marines. She died in prison giving birth to Luffy, and due to this Dragon became a Revolutionary. Bonney escaped as her DF was useful to the WG, and she hates Luffy for his mother's death.

Also the part where Whitebeard died, And Bonney litterally went to new word to kill Blackbeard really makes me curious what if she really does changes her age and she really does a pirate before?

First Class Singularity The Hero NB Needs's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Basileus of Macedon, Hegemon
    of the Hellenic League,
    Shahanshah of Persia, Pharaoh
    of Egypt, Lord of Asia

Re: Luffy's Mother

Dumb theory. Bonney would have a huge bounty if she has lived throughout history that long. Especially as a pirate. The rest doesn't really make sense. Someone would have commented if Luffy was actually born in Impel Down, during that arc in particular. I don't think we'll ever know who his mom is since it doesn't seem to matter

Senior Member AllseeingSharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It's like Gokus mom she won't be introduced to us 20 yrs after the end of the series.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you belonged to a political
    party or a social club that
    was tied to as much bigotry,
    misogyny, homophobia,
    violence, and sheer ignorance
    as religion is, you'd resign
    in protest.

This isn't yours right? O_o
    Cos i've read this elsewhere before.

OT: Liked it.
    And good point about the last part. Been intrigued for a while about what could have caused her to cry hysterically.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no such thing as true
    peace,there is no such thing
    as hope and it's a biggest
    deception of all

Captain Kid was Mary Read,lel.

OT-No.

TheOriginalFatPapi ShishaMastah420's Avatar
    Status