Status
    Aug 2010
    Fighting for piece is like
    screwing for virginity ;)

How did Madara survived so long ?!

There have been many theories about Madara. But I just can't realize how did Madara survived for so long ?

I came up to a theory a while ago while I was watching the fight between Danzou and Sasuke.

We all have seen Danzou using the most powerful MS technique - the Izanagi.
    Well what if Madara also could use that forbbiden technicue. We all know that he was probably the strongest Uchiha at the time. He had the Etarnal Mangekyu Sharingan (EMS). So such a jutsu shouldn't be beyond his powers.

Is it possible that Izanagi was the way for Madara to extend his life for so long. What if this body isn't Madara's real body. A while ago Itachi said that Madara is just a mere shadow of himself. What if the Izanagi helped him to transfer him inside a body. So if the person who owns the body is full of hatred and darknes, the Izanagi user would be able to take over his body.Maybe that's how he survived.

What do you think of this theory? And do you have other theries how Madara survived for so long ?

Power of Darkness

Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

Re: How did Madara survived so long ?!

izangi cant extend one's life nor can it tranfer people's souls into other bodies.

i think that he survived for so long because of the large chackra reserves he once had or because of a jutsu that he usses to keep himself alive like many who have done the same thing for example (kakuzu is as old as the 1st or close to his age and he survived for this long by stocking up other people's hearts,hidan cant be killed and orochimaru used a jutsu to transfer his soul from one body to another).

P.S here's how izangi work
    http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Izanagi

Last edited by StealthShinobi; 09-01-2010 at 02:50 AM.

ninja
    Status
    Sep 2010
    This user has no status.

idk man maby he is just going through time with his jutsu bcuz its a transpotation jutsu

Status
    Aug 2010
    Fighting for piece is like
    screwing for virginity ;)

Back then Madara said: "The user can take disadvantages like wounds or even death and turn them into nothing more than a dream, and then take his own attacks and other advantageous objects and make them real."

NarutoBase.net - Naruto Manga Chapter 479 - Page 2
    NarutoBase.net - Naruto Manga Chapter 479 - Page 3

What if he made the transfer of his soul into other's body real.

Power of Darkness

Status
    Aug 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfDarkness View Post
    Back then Madara said: "The user can take disadvantages like wounds or even death and turn them into nothing more than a dream, and then take his own attacks and other advantageous objects and make them real."

Power of Darkness
    Wont explain how he got the Sharingan though...

Status
    Oct 2008
    The People's Moderator

I thought he was immortal because of him taking his brothers sharingan...

Status
    This user has no status.

He found the fountain of youth.

Status
    Jul 2009
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerOfDarkness View Post

Power of Darkness
    he was talking about things happening to the user like getting killed or stabbed so in other words realistic things that are happening to the user himself so its like this the user got stabbed but he appeared afterwards with no damage,and he was talking about making the enemy believe that he dodged an attack while he really didint and see him self injured afterward.

Last edited by StealthShinobi; 09-01-2010 at 03:23 AM.

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

His large chakra supply. or he replaces his body with Zetsu's repair technique. When he showed his face to Sasuke. it was all wrinkly and grayish(look really old) and then when Zetsu says Sasuke is in trouble, we see that from the side of his head there are no wrinkles and looks younger than it used to be.

So it could be 3 things.

1-large amount of chakra that keps him alive(Tsunade uses it too look really young.)

2-Body transfer type of technique(Orochimaru's style)

3-Zetsu replaces Madara's aging body with some healing technique.

Status
    Sep 2010
    This user has no status.

He said that he had powerful chakra maybe it keeps him alive somehow, but it might be losing strength because he said that nagato was supposed to use his reviving the dead technique on him.

Status
    Aug 2010
    This user has no status.

Madara says he was born with almost an unlimited amount of chakra. He states that that's the reason for his "stubborn refusal to die". It's not to do with Izanagi, because that doesn't delay one's life. But Madara's not as powerful as before because of his battle with Hashirama, the First Hokage.

Personally, I think it has something to do with his Eternal Mangekyo. Who knows?

Banned
    Status
    Apr 2010
    This user has no status.

drinking wine?

Status
    Aug 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 99minutes View Post
    Madara says he was born with almost an unlimited amount of chakra. He states that that's the reason for his "stubborn refusal to die". It's not to do with Izanagi, because that doesn't delay one's life. But Madara's not as powerful as before because of his battle with Hashirama, the First Hokage.

Personally, I think it has something to do with his Eternal Mangekyo. Who knows?
    When did Madara say he was born with unlimited amount of chakra? Maybe he was born like Jiraya, Minato and Naruto with alot of chakra than normal nin?

If madara did have unlimited chakra that shouldn't lead to his defeat in the valley of end.

Madara lived or not... But shodai must of been one strong strong strong strong ninja. It was said Madara took control of kyubi and Shodai took control of it from him and then used his wife uzamaki to help heal him.

Sorry for going off topic friend.

Status
    Jun 2010
    This user has no status.

I think he said it himself. His large amount of chakra kept him from dying (even in battle)
    As for the mechanics of this: I assume his energy keeps his old cells moving and repairing themselves. That high amount of energy/stamina can be converted into chakra.

To the previous post:

unlimited chakra does not guarantee invincibility. Not on its own. The person might have limitless supplies of chakra, but that has to pass through the gates. If one can't open the chakra gates, having limitless chakra supplies helps in the long run, mostly. A person cannot contain too much active chakra and not suffer high damage from it.

Naruto benefits from high chakra reserves when using shadow clones, but that's not always a solid advantage.

Madara could still have been defeated when he fought Hashirama if he had limitless chakra reserves. The First Hokage had far more raw power than him, with his wood techniques.

but I still see all this as speculation

Status
    Aug 2010
    This user has no status.

First Hokage was well known for his cells... Even his DNA has more energy than normal shinobi for example, similar to naruto's cells. Having unlimited does matter. Having unlimited chakra in a way make you stronger than someone with a limited chakra unless the person is very clever. If you have enough chakra you can concentrate that chakra and release it to release yoyrself from Genjutsu.

Don't think Madara said he always had umlimited chakra from his birth.

Status
    Aug 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan117 View Post
    When did Madara say he was born with unlimited amount of chakra? Maybe he was born like Jiraya, Minato and Naruto with alot of chakra than normal nin?

If madara did have unlimited chakra that shouldn't lead to his defeat in the valley of end.

Madara lived or not... But shodai must of been one strong strong strong strong ninja. It was said Madara took control of kyubi and Shodai took control of it from him and then used his wife uzamaki to help heal him.

Sorry for going off topic friend.

Nah, it's cool. Don't worry about it :D
    Well, that's what I read off Narutopedia, haha. But personally, I don't think the reason he lives is to do with his chakra. I reckon it's all about his Eternal Mangekyo (well, in my opinion anyways). But he does have powerful chakra, that's certain. I'll try find the Chapter he says it in soon.
    In the meantime, let's focus on this. You're right; Hashirama was one hell of a strong ninja. Like, come on, he had the Tailed Beasts under his control and gave them to ally nations. Not to mention his Wood Release.

On a side note, I wonder how Madara must feel everytime the First Hokage's name comes up, haha Grudge, much? :D