Results 1 to 21 of 21
  1. #1
    The Alpha and the Omega Zol's Avatar
    Status
    Zol is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    To start out, I want to say I really think Madara is one of the most misunderstood/misinterpreted villain characters ever in manga history, and most of his fans (or rather the ones that post and worship him prominently on this board) like him for the wrong reason. Similarly, his haters dislike him for the wrong reason.

    Yes, Madara is a frightening powerful shinobi. Yes, he has abilities that can easily tear the landscape apart. Yes, he can "solo" nearly every other character with ease. And make no mistake, that is pretty darn cool.

    Many of his fans, especially the inevitable bandwagoners, like him for this alone.

    But there is much more to Madara than just his battle prowess.

    His awesome power hides the fact that he is a pretty interesting character. Now, there is a group of people that like him better than Obito, claiming that the later was "friendzoned" and wanted to create the Mugen Tsukuyomi just for Rin, while Madara is pure evil and wants complete control over everything just because.

    While this view is also false concerning Obito, it's even more wrong about Madara. Madara truly believes in the Mugen Tsukuyomi and its promise of eternal peace. Even if to us as readers it would mean a fake peace without individual progress, he believes in it.

    To understand Madara, you have to understand how he grew up. From his earliest childhood, he did only know fighting for survival. The shinobi world back when was much harsher than the current one in which Naruto grew up. There were no villages, no schools, no normal everyday life, but only constant battle. He lost all his siblings, four of them in total, to the endless fighting, with the death of the last one, Izuna, having the most impact on him. But, despite of all the hatred between the different clans, he befriended Hashirama Senju and, through his optimistic view on the world and the future, started to believe in the idea of the shinobi villages and the potential peace it would bring.

    Then he learned of the history the Uchiha tablet contains. He learned of he story of Kaguya and the sage, who tried to bring peace, but ultimately failed despite his efforts. This made Madara come to the conclusion that true peace can not be achieved through people working together on their own free will, but only through a force that ends all conflict at once. Robbing people of their individuality is necessary since individual ambitions only lead to more conflict. So, he developed the Tsuki no me plan to bring eternal peace.

    However, Madara's desire for peace is seemingly contradicted by him enjoying his battles and talking pleasure in fighting, giving support to the „He is so evil“ claims. But you have to view this with his past childhood in mind as well. He was socialized in a time and way where fighting was an essential part of his life. It's pretty natural he learned to dwell in it and become battle addicted, despite longing for peace.

    So, thank you for reading
     
         

  2. #2
    Neferpitou Akatosh's Avatar
    Status
    Akatosh is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    196
    Post Thanks / Like
    naruto x sakura chan
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    you copied and pasted this from the naruto wikia
     
         

  3. #3
    Yami No Kami Dimitri Rascalov's Avatar
    Status
    Dimitri Rascalov is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    12,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Madara's character parts are all connected to each other when it comes to his development. That's what makes me like him. Nice thread. I believe he is the most well written Kishimoto made.
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member sandy uzumaki's Avatar
    Status
    sandy uzumaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Out there somewhere !
    Posts
    11,918
    Post Thanks / Like
    All according to plan.
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Madara is baws man. He has one of the best character development in Naruto
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member Tobi98's Avatar
    Status
    Tobi98 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    5,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    "Small analysis"
     
         

  6. #6
    The Alpha and the Omega Zol's Avatar
    Status
    Zol is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Akatosh View Post
    you copied and pasted this from the naruto wikia

    Eh, no. This is my own text down to the last letter.
     
         

  7. #7
    KAMI LUMOS ULTIMATUM's Avatar
    Status
    LUMOS ULTIMATUM is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,866
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Advent Of Shinju
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobi98 View Post
    "Small analysis"
    I sense some troll behind the title.
     
         

  8. #8
    ten tails jinchuuriki? obito uchiha the wraith's Avatar
    Status
    obito uchiha the wraith is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,779
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Blah blah blah bland villain. " i want to rule the world just because."
     
         

  9. #9
    The Alpha and the Omega Zol's Avatar
    Status
    Zol is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by LUMOS ULTIMATUM View Post
    I sense some troll behind the title.

    Why? This is a small, or short, analysis. I could have written something truly in depth which would be a lot longer...
     
         

  10. #10
    Neferpitou Akatosh's Avatar
    Status
    Akatosh is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    196
    Post Thanks / Like
    naruto x sakura chan
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Zol View Post
    Why? This is a small, or short, analysis. I could have written something truly in depth which would be a lot longer...
    i think your still a troll though for copying/pasting
     
         

  11. #11
    F l o w Klad's Avatar
    Status
    Klad is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    P3IN's grave
    Posts
    19,247
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got suspended, oh you got
    suspended
     



    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Zol View Post
    . Similarly, his haters dislike him for the wrong reason.
    Nope , for me I dislike him for his bland character . His design is cool , his powers are also cool but his lack of a decent characterizion ruins him , and this is only Kishimoto's fault . Madara needs emotion and flaws he doesn't have . The fact that he only thinks for power is ridiculous for me . Though this is my opinion only , but many agree with this .
     
         

  12. #12
    KAMI LUMOS ULTIMATUM's Avatar
    Status
    LUMOS ULTIMATUM is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,866
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Advent Of Shinju
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    As a Obito fan, I find Madara's background harsher and more interesting. Actually, Madara has more of a reason to turn into a major villain than Obito. Madara is an excellent character but you need to understand the complexity of his words and personality to realise how deep his character is.
     
         

  13. #13
    The Alpha and the Omega Zol's Avatar
    Status
    Zol is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Akatosh View Post
    i think your still a troll though for copying/pasting

    I copyed/pasted my own text, since writing anything longer than two paragraphs in a form like this is pretty dragging. How is that trolling?
     
         

  14. #14
    Neferpitou Akatosh's Avatar
    Status
    Akatosh is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    196
    Post Thanks / Like
    naruto x sakura chan
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Zol View Post
    I copyed/pasted my own text, since writing anything longer than two paragraphs in a form like this is pretty dragging. How is that trolling?
    you shouldn't reply to me, you have others in the thread proving your wrong
     
         

  15. #15
    The Alpha and the Omega Zol's Avatar
    Status
    Zol is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by LUMOS ULTIMATUM View Post
    As a Obito fan, I find Madara's background harsher and more interesting. Actually, Madara has more of a reason to turn into a major villain than Obito. Madara is an excellent character but you need to understand the complexity of his words and personality to realise how deep his character is.

    Exactly. But people often ignore the interesting parts, like when Madara talked to the immobilized Tobirama, or of course the whole flashback with Hashirama.
     
         

  16. #16
    Yami No Kami Dimitri Rascalov's Avatar
    Status
    Dimitri Rascalov is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    12,774
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Emotion wise of his character:

    [1] [2] [3]
    [4]
    [5]

    We don't need to see how emotionless he fell, when Izuna died, and according to Hashirama, Madara loved Izuna more than Itachi loved Sasuke.
     
         

  17. #17
    The Alpha and the Omega Zol's Avatar
    Status
    Zol is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri Rascalov View Post
    Emotion wise of his character:

    [1] [2] [3]
    [4]
    [5]

    We don't need to see how emotionless he fell, when Izuna died, and according to Hashirama, Madara loved Izuna more than Itachi loved Sasuke.


    I'm pretty sure we will eventually get a flashback (perhaps triggered by Sasuke using whatever Hashirama gave him after comparing him to Izuna) about Izuna from Madara's point of view where their relationship will be fleshed out more.
     
         

  18. #18
    Member Samest's Avatar
    Status
    Samest is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    96
    Post Thanks / Like
    sup
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Kisihi loves Uchihas, thats why they are all so loveable.
     
         

  19. #19
    The Alpha and the Omega Zol's Avatar
    Status
    Zol is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by Samest View Post
    Kisihi loves Uchihas, thats why they are all so loveable.
    While I wouldn't exactly call Madara "loveable", but he is a cool and intriguing character and no bland "I'm so evil for the sake of it!"villain.
     
         

  20. #20
    Member ShinjuMadara's Avatar
    Status
    ShinjuMadara is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Thriller Bark
    Posts
    866
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    I think he was upset that Tobirama would become the next Hokage. That was a huge part of it. He knew that Tobirama would oppress the Uchihas. If you think about it, everything he said came true. If he hadn't relied on the "hate" of the world, his plan wouldn't have come to fruition. Both Nagato and Obito acted as they did because they lost people important to them. If that hadn't happen, His plan would've failed. So in a way, Nagato's and Obito's paths were tests to see if the world was as bad as he predicted. If they weren't, then the plan would collapse but if they were (which they were), then it just proved that the plan was necessary. He was also correct about Hashirama's system failing. Because now, the fighting is just as a bad if not worse then before the founding of villages. Instead of clans running around in bands, entire formal Militaries were created to fight each other. It's on a completely different scale, so much so that the names of the wars were named Shinobi world Wars. Even though kids don't have to die after the Founding of the Villages, Adults are dying more than ever. Hashirama's plan solved the first part of the problem: Making sure kids don't die. Madara is aiming for the second problem: Making sure adults don't die. And that is through Infinite Tsukuyomi. Madara isn't Aizen, he isn't mean or demoralizing. He genuinely wishes the best, it's just that no one (except Obito and Nagato, well not anymore) agree with him.
     
         

  21. #21
    The Alpha and the Omega Zol's Avatar
    Status
    Zol is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,305
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Madara Uchiha - a small analysis

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinjuMadara View Post
    I think he was upset that Tobirama would become the next Hokage. That was a huge part of it. He knew that Tobirama would oppress the Uchihas. If you think about it, everything he said came true. If he hadn't relied on the "hate" of the world, his plan wouldn't have come to fruition. Both Nagato and Obito acted as they did because they lost people important to them. If that hadn't happen, His plan would've failed. So in a way, Nagato's and Obito's paths were tests to see if the world was as bad as he predicted. If they weren't, then the plan would collapse but if they were (which they were), then it just proved that the plan was necessary. He was also correct about Hashirama's system failing. Because now, the fighting is just as a bad if not worse then before the founding of villages. Instead of clans running around in bands, entire formal Militaries were created to fight each other. It's on a completely different scale, so much so that the names of the wars were named Shinobi world Wars. Even though kids don't have to die after the Founding of the Villages, Adults are dying more than ever. Hashirama's plan solved the first part of the problem: Making sure kids don't die. Madara is aiming for the second problem: Making sure adults don't die. And that is through Infinite Tsukuyomi. Madara isn't Aizen, he isn't mean or demoralizing. He genuinely wishes the best, it's just that no one (except Obito and Nagato, well not anymore) agree with him.

    Yes, the prospect of Tobirama eventually becoming Hokage deeply worried Madara, but the decisive part was his discovery of the shinobi world's history with the Shinju, Kaguya and Hagoromo. He realized hat the world will never truly be at peace no matter how much they work for it. Most likely, the tensions with Tobirama were an indication to Madara that this destiny of endless quarrels will come true.

    I disagree about the modern shinobi world being worse than the warring states era. As you said, kids aren't fighting for survival anymore, but the adults also aren't dying more than ever. Just look at how many adults we see living a normal person's life in Konoha, with working, relaxing in bars etc. Yes, there are more formal miltary units now, but for most of the time, the villages were in a cold war like state and not fighting on huge scales, the world wars were an exception.

    But while this modern world is better than the warring states, it's never really been at peace, so the cycle of people fighting that Madara saw in the shinobi world's history is still going on...
     
         
    Last edited by Zol; 05-03-2014 at 11:14 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •