Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Het is allang bepaald.

Shiki Fūjin

Ok guys so what's bugging me a time now is the Reaper Death Seal.
    As you know the user sacrifices his own soul to seal away someone's soul/chakra.

Some basic sh*t I copied from NaruWiki:

" This seal invokes the powers of the death god (死神, shinigami; English TV "The Reaper"). Once called upon, the death god hovers behind the user and wraps its left arm with prayer beads, which causes a cursed seal to appear on it. The soul of the summoner is also seen along with the death god, restrained by its hair but still attached to the user. The death god then inserts its arm into the user's soul. At this stage only the user can see the death god. To perform the seal the user need only grasp the target. The death god's arm extends from their chest and grabs the soul of the target, immobilizing them and allowing them to see the death god as well. The death god then performs the sealing. It is also possible for the user to seal multiple targets through the use of shadow clones. When Hiruzen used it, he had to get close to his targets in order to perform the sealing, a restriction that Minato didn't have, the death god's hand extending from him until it reached the Nine-Tailed Demon Fox.

If the user cannot pull out their target's entire soul, he can have the death god use its knife to sever a piece of the soul and seal it. The part sealed will suffer from necrosis, causing extreme pain and leaving the target unable to use the corresponding body part.
    "

I still don't get the part I bolded.
    So if the 3rd Hokage used to seal away the first and the second, what does the Shinigami consume on? What does he take fromt he user?
    Because you could say, that someone could make a clone and use it with a clone wich is discussed a zillion time's that it not would be posibble but why?
    Like Naruto making 5 bunshins, all 5 use the seal and the real Naruto doesn't do shit he just sits back and doesn't use it on his original body.

Now I know some people might say that if the bunshin dissapears, that the experience the bunshin made would be transferred back to the original,
    if this is the case, how comes that the 3rth did not get the Seal symbol on his stomach when the bunshins dissapeared, you could say like 2/3 minutes passed on after the bunshins dissapeared and Saru tried sealing away Oro.
    So this part is bugging me...

Another thing, as you know when you use this seal. You will end up in the stomach of the Shinigami fighting and bullsh*tt*ng but how come that Oro could summon the 4rth when he was planning to destory Konoha(some people still might say that it not was the 4rth, but let's be logical why would Oro summon the first, second, and then a weird guy which no-one knows about o.O).
    We know Saru stopped this but, how come Oro had the power to summon the soul of the 4rth that is trapped in the Shinigami's stomach as known nobody could get out.

For the manga readers, we also know that Naruto's mother appears in Naruto's head, after the long story she says something like: "Did you hear that Minato our son is happy we can finally go further(or see eachother something like that) does this mean that the 4rth is actually not in the Shinigami's stomach.

Well I am curious what you guys have to say because these things keep bugging me a while know didn't had time to post but now I had.

little edit: Guys what I want to know is,
    ~could a bunshin perform this without the original sacrificing himself?
    ~how you can get out of the Shinigami's stomach if you should be sealed in it forever?

Last edited by DeathReaperSeal; 09-11-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Het is allang bepaald.

Re: Shiki Fūjin

No one any idea's? =p

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

so i dont understand what you are asking are you asking if someone could make a clone and have them perform this and not die

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Het is allang bepaald.

Quote Originally Posted by rasenshurenken View Post
    so i dont understand what you are asking are you asking if someone could make a clone and have them perform this and not die
    indeed, let me edit post a bit =d

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i think when you do the seal it consumes ur soul so even if you use the clone the clone doesnt have a soul and your still the user so it consumes ur soul

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Clones are just chakra. They can't be used to actually power the Dead Demon Seal, but they can be used to hit people with the Dead Demon Seal.
    If Naruto used the dead demon seal, in theory, He could seal hundreds of people since he can apparently make hundreds of clones, but he would still die.

Last edited by Qcks; 09-11-2010 at 04:49 PM. Reason: added a clarification

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Qcks View Post
    Clones are just chakra. They can't be used to actually power the Dead Demon Seal, but they can be used to hit people with the Dead Demon Seal.
    If Naruto used the dead demon seal, in theory, He could seal hundreds of people since he can apparently make hundreds of clones, but he would still die.
    dud naruto could give his live to take out a whole army

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Het is allang bepaald.

Hmm it still not 100% I find it a odd rare jutsu...
    Also bout the sealed inside the stomach part...

Senior Member Jinchuuriki of Juubi's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

no it doesn't work like that

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

dud naruto could give his live to take out a whole army
    No he can't, Naruto is unable to use the Deamon Reaper Seal because he is a Host and Hosts of Tailed beasts cannot use that technique.

Status
    Apr 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DeathReaperSeal View Post
    Hmm it still not 100% I find it a odd rare jutsu...
    Also bout the sealed inside the stomach part...
    The dead demon seal was only capable of sealing half the fox's chakra. The seal on Naruto's stomach is an eight seals system. It's kind of an inverse seal of the one used by danzo to commit suicide.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kisamexRocks View Post
    No he can't, Naruto is unable to use the Deamon Reaper Seal because he is a Host and Hosts of Tailed beasts cannot use that technique.
    why

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Het is allang bepaald.

Quote Originally Posted by Qcks View Post
    The dead demon seal was only capable of sealing half the fox's chakra. The seal on Naruto's stomach is an eight seals system. It's kind of an inverse seal of the one used by danzo to commit suicide.
    You get a seal mark after you used the Death Reaper, go watch the fight with the 3rth hokage, and watch in the manga the fight with minato against madara.

why

As a Jinchuuriki you can't sell your soul to the death god because of you also carry a beast inside you, do you think the beast would let you do that? a inner fight would go on and other things wont work out bla bla bla

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

but naruto has control over the beast now

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Death reaper invloves invoking shinigami. It is just like a summon. For normal summons, one sacrifices his blood, for edo tensei one sacrifices lives, but for shinigami, one has to sacrifice his soul to summon death god. When One uses clones his chakra is divided in no clones, not his soul. So even if Naruto used clones he would die.
    Now talking about why seal did not appaered in Saru's real body, I was also thinking the same, but then thought it is one of many manga mistakes.
    And about jinchuriki using shinigami, I am not sure, I dont remember manga saying that. But you cannot trick god by playing such cheap tricks of substituting your soul with some other. If that happens beast will let loose, and thats why host cant use that technique.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yeah thats wat i was thinking to

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Het is allang bepaald.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Death reaper invloves invoking shinigami. It is just like a summon. For normal summons, one sacrifices his blood, for edo tensei one sacrifices lives, but for shinigami, one has to sacrifice his soul to summon death god. When One uses clones his chakra is divided in no clones, not his soul. So even if Naruto used clones he would die.
    Now talking about why seal did not appaered in Saru's real body, I was also thinking the same, but then thought it is one of many manga mistakes.
    And about jinchuriki using shinigami, I am not sure, I dont remember manga saying that. But you cannot trick god by playing such cheap tricks of substituting your soul with some other. If that happens beast will let loose, and thats why host cant use that technique.
    Still that weird sh** bout Kushina saying to Minato and seal mark's not appearing is to weird man

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It can be concluded from Oro's reaction, that he was unaware of that jutsu. He did not know One has sacrifice his life for summoning Reaper. So may be he tried to invoke Minato, but I think it may have failed anyways. But just No one know at that moment.
    And about seal mark not appearing is to weird, I agree. But there are many mistakes in Manga, & this is one of those.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oro was able to summon yondaime's soul...No one knows if it worked or not. But, this led me to think the last person on kabuto's edo tensei could of any of the 4 hokages... The two madara fought and was scared of was Harishama and Minato.

So, I concluded it could be either Harishama or Minato...waiting to see who the last summon was...waiting...waiting and waiting.

Status
    Jun 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Het is allang bepaald.

@ Orion but we can't be sure if it was a mistake or not, imagine it would be not a mistake and it's just something we don't know yet then sh**s f**ked up man!