Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. #1
    Senior Member vasu 32's Avatar
    Status
    vasu 32 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no such thing as true
    peace,there is no such thing
    as hope and it's a biggest
    deception of all
     

    Godzila

    Damn this shit is over-rated...
     
         

  2. #2
    Facts > You. scorezor's Avatar
    Status
    scorezor is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    9,120
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Chihaya for the avatar
    ^-^ , Bye friends , going to
    be offline for a while.
     

    Re: Godzila

    Quote Originally Posted by vasu 32 View Post
    Damn this shit is over-rated...
    i haven't seen the movie , but yes , i believe it is.
     
         

  3. #3
    Traveler Jukain's Avatar
    Status
    Jukain is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Godzila

    It was epic
     
         

  4. #4
    ☯The 18th Sin of Death☯ Yami no Tensei's Avatar
    Status
    Yami no Tensei is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Posts
    1,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    2. Perfection is achieved, not
    when there is nothing more to
    add, but when there is nothing
    left to take away. —Antoine
    de Saint-Exupéry
     

    Re: Godzila

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukain View Post
    It was epic
    It was.....
     
         

  5. #5
    Applying For Hunter Exam Zanithe's Avatar
    Status
    Zanithe is offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    PH
    Posts
    2,485
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm average. I'm not awesome
    if you don't say so. Why?
    Cause I'm average.
     

    Re: Godzila

    Quote Originally Posted by Jukain View Post
    It was epic
    I second this.
     
         

  6. #6
    Insomniac RoguePatriot's Avatar
    Status
    RoguePatriot is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,949
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Godzila

    I loved it. Just for future reference, EVERYTHING is overrated.
     
         

  7. #7
    Dangerous knightflame's Avatar
    Status
    knightflame is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Minatobase
    Posts
    9,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    Killing threads & Users
    who break NB Global Rules
     

    Re: Godzila

    Movie is overrated .....Just saying
     
         

  8. #8
    -Takasugi-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Takasugi- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jamaica
    Posts
    10,328
    Post Thanks / Like
    Low-Key
     



    Re: Godzila

    I wasnt overatted.
     
         

  9. #9
    Member llxFLaMe's Avatar
    Status
    llxFLaMe is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    580
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Godzila

    I really enjoyed it
     
         

  10. #10
    Member frbro82's Avatar
    Status
    frbro82 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Konoha
    Posts
    997
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey angel yuh duh sexy
     

    Re: Godzila

    Quote Originally Posted by vasu 32 View Post
    Damn this shit is over-rated...
    Have you seen it?
     
         

  11. #11
    Revolutionary Sabo Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    8,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's awesome how the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Godzila

    It was just another hollywood movie, ie average overall, bad compared to the best
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member vasu 32's Avatar
    Status
    vasu 32 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    3,437
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is no such thing as true
    peace,there is no such thing
    as hope and it's a biggest
    deception of all
     

    Re: Godzila

    @alagon

    So it seems as far as naruto and one piece are not concerned,our thoughts are pretty much alike. Like that time with justin bieber.

    @frbro82

    YES,in 3D. I fell asleep like twice.
     
         

  13. #13
    G.R.O.S.S. Tingun's Avatar
    Status
    Tingun is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    King Calvin
     

    Re: Godzila

    Yes, it wad so ****ing corny.
     
         

  14. #14
    Out Of Ctrl's Avatar
    Status
    Out Of Ctrl is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sat on a cloud.
    Posts
    3,633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here and there
     

    Re: Godzila

    I went to watch it last night and rather enjoyed it, especially towards the last 40 minutes of the film. Some bits were not needed but overall enjoyable.
     
         

  15. #15
    RQ Jewjitsu's Avatar
    Status
    Jewjitsu is online now
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    103,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pie
     

    Re: Godzila

    The movie was alright for me. Not as good as I expected.
     
         

  16. #16
    Senior Member Yo Momma San's Avatar
    Status
    Yo Momma San is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    East Blue
    Posts
    9,819
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fire
     

    Re: Godzila

    Whatever you say, narutard.
     
         

  17. #17
    Akatsuki xVPeinVx's Avatar
    Status
    xVPeinVx is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    In da bone roads
    Posts
    130
    Post Thanks / Like
    This world shall know pain..
     

    Re: Godzila

    Yeah it was pretty good, saw it last night. Not the best mega monster movie. IMO cloverfield was better
     
         

  18. #18
    Soul King Anarkist's Avatar
    Status
    Anarkist is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like
    ♥ Paige & Renee Young
     

    Re: Godzila

    Bored me, I fell asleep for most of the movie.
     
         

  19. #19
    Revolutionary Sabo Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    8,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's awesome how the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Godzila

    Quote Originally Posted by Yo Momma San View Post
    Whatever you say, narutard.
    He's right tho

    He's not saying it's a bad movie, he simply said it's overrated

    And as far as I can gather it's true, it has empty hype built around no substance, it isn't up ther with the best by neither the critics standards nor popularity

    It's not like Vertigo or LoTR because I bet anything it won't be thought of as one of the best

    And it's not like star wars because I bet it's popularity won't last

    It's basically what Iron Man, Transformers, Avengers and the like are, easy money for a mediocre story with big booms and the "oil-painting" CG. A movie with no other goal but to make money, ie the movie equivalent of a teenage pop star.

    It's not wrong for you to like it, in fact that's what it was made for, and only that.
     
         
    Last edited by Algalon; 05-20-2014 at 05:01 AM.

  20. #20
    Member YP2's Avatar
    Status
    YP2 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Godzila

    Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    He's right tho

    He's not saying it's a bad movie, he simply said it's overrated

    And as far as I can gather it's true, it has empty hype built around no substance, it isn't up ther with the best by neither the critics standards nor popularity

    It's not like Vertigo or LoTR because I bet anything it won't be thought of as one of the best

    And it's not like star wars because I bet it's popularity won't last

    It's basically what Iron Man, Transformers, Avengers and the like are, easy money for a mediocre story with big booms and the "oil-painting" CG. A movie with no other goal but to make money, ie the movie equivalent of a teenage pop star.

    It's not wrong for you to like it, in fact that's what it was made for, and only that.
    I could completely disagree. What critics are looking at is based off of the 1998 adaption and most of them don't even say that this is Kajiu film based off of the 1954 movie or a Kajiu at all. There comparing it too Pacific rim and Transformers when it is complete opposite of what Godzilla is. What I don't understand that if you are looking for a well written story(Stupid Humans) why go to a Kajiu movie? All of Godzilla plot formulas are the same its 1. Human Plot, 2. Alien 3. Alien plot 4. Godzilla tease 5. Godzilla and Alien fight 6. Godzilla wins -End movie-. Nevertheless, Godzilla is on par with LOTR its a 60 year old franchise which has an amazing history behind it. If you saw only the 1998 Godzilla movie or no Godzilla movie at all your chances of liking this movie are low but for me who has seen all 31 movies? I loved it and it wasn't overrated, the marketing campaign was brilliant and they finally showed a True Authentic Godzilla which will last another 60 years.
     
         
    Last edited by YP2; 05-20-2014 at 05:31 AM.

  21. #21
    Revolutionary Sabo Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    8,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's awesome how the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Godzila

    Quote Originally Posted by YP2 View Post
    I could completely disagree. What critics are looking at is based off of the 1998 adaption and most of them don't even say that this is Kajiu film based off of the 1954 movie or a Kajiu at all. There comparing it too Pacific rim and Transformers when it is complete opposite of what Godzilla is. What I don't understand that if you are looking for a well written story(Stupid Humans) why go to a Kajiu movie? All of Godzilla plot formulas are the same its 1. Human Plot, 2. Alien 3. Alien plot 4. Godzilla tease 5. Godzilla and Alien fight 6. Godzilla wins -End movie-. Nevertheless, Godzilla is on par with LOTR its a 60 year old franchise which has an amazing history behind it. If you saw only the 1998 Godzilla movie or no Godzilla movie at all your chances of liking this movie are low but for me who has seen all 31 movies? I loved it and it wasn't overrated, the marketing campaign was brilliant and they finally showed a True Authentic Godzilla.
    Just because a franchise has a history behind it doesn't mean it can compete with the best, batman has history behind it too but most of the movies suck badly, same for superman and many other examples

    And don't try to compare any Godzilla movie to LoTR, you're embarrassing yourself

    I have no doubt there are many fans who love the movies but what I wrote is true

    A beloved franchise does not a masterpiece make
     
         

  22. #22
    Senior Member The Orange Hokage's Avatar
    Status
    The Orange Hokage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Konoha
    Posts
    6,910
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lord Narutobase
     

    Re: Godzila

    It kinda did suck. They focused way too much on the ppl..... I wouldn't rewatch it tbh
     
         

  23. #23
    Member YP2's Avatar
    Status
    YP2 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    88
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Godzila

    Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    Just because a franchise has a history behind it doesn't mean it can compete with the best, batman has history behind it too but most of the movies suck badly, same for superman and many other examples

    And don't try to compare any Godzilla movie to LoTR, you're embarrassing yourself

    I have no doubt there are many fans who love the movies but what I wrote is true
    I am also a LoTR fan but I hate what they are doing with the Hobbit it just fails and all Franchises have their up and downs just like LoTR.
    Godzilla has more importance towards the world than LoTR. Why? In 1954, it was just 9 years after WW2 ended and everyone was doing an Arms race to get Nuclear weapons and Hiroshima was still on their minds. This movie truly showed the fear of what nuclear power can do and it this was made 60 years ago. Still today we have this problem and many movies still show the fear of what nuclear weapons can do. If you think that showing that the world still about the threat of Nuclear energy and power is overrated then I guess you can see your transformers and LOTR.

    Ill end it on this
     
         

  24. #24
    Revolutionary Sabo Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    8,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's awesome how the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Godzila

    I agree the Hobbit wasn't even close to living up to what it should have been

    I even wrote a short review of it up here where I more or less slammed it down

    And a debate on nuclear weapons isn't enough for a masterpiece, there are many, MANY movies about nuclear debates or biological weapons and a failed attempt at a philosophical perspective,myet they are far from being a masterpiece, and I find it funny that you equate a movie like transformers to LoTR, basically tells everyone how you have no idea what you are talking about

    And the story of LoTR has a lot to do with ww2 for that matter, the story of a incorporate evil, an ever-present threat without a real corporeal form, a comment on the leaders waging war while sitting in their ivory towers, most of tolkiens world was created in the trenches of the 1st ww and a lot as a comment (or, rather, under the influence of) on the impersonal slaughter of ww2, both great evil and the common man hidden behind machinery and the inability to identify the real enemy while waging war on both but only fighting against the latter

    Anyway, have a nice day
     
         
    Last edited by Algalon; 05-20-2014 at 05:56 AM.

  25. #25
    Senior Member Uchiha Samater's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Samater is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Konoha
    Posts
    1,833
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also known as SPEAK123
     

    Re: Godzila

    Quote Originally Posted by The Orange Hokage View Post
    It kinda did suck. They focused way too much on the ppl..... I wouldn't rewatch it tbh
    thats what made it a great movie
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •