Academy Student
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Questions and clarifications about izanagi...

Guys sorry to divert a bit from the main topic but I still couldn't get the big picture of what the izanagi technique is really about.... I get the first part wherein the user is capable of turning injuries and death inflicted upon the user into mere illusions. That is, whenever the user receives a fatal injury, their body fades away as a genjutsu. The user then returns back to reality, physically real and unscathed (naruto.wikia.com). However, what i dont get is the part wherein you could turn "his own attacks and or other advantageous objects and make them real" because if this is the case, you could just think of a very strong ultimate forbidden ninjutsu and be able to cast it on the opponent (e.g. massive amaterasu eliminating the enemy in an instant). I was wondering why in the Danzou vs. Sasuke fight, the ninjutsu used by danzou through the izanagi was mere average or if not above average elemental ninjutsu only?

Onoki of Both Scales Tsuchikage's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Questions and clarifications about izanagi...

My guess would be that because Danzou as not a true Uchiha or Senju that he couldnt use izanagi to its fullest extent therefor his n-jutsu in that form was weaker...however i bet madara could due some crazy bad ass jutsu in his

Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by notgoma View Post
    Guys sorry to divert a bit from the main topic but I still couldn't get the big picture of what the izanagi technique is really about.... I get the first part wherein the user is capable of turning injuries and death inflicted upon the user into mere illusions. That is, whenever the user receives a fatal injury, their body fades away as a genjutsu. The user then returns back to reality, physically real and unscathed (naruto.wikia.com). However, what i dont get is the part wherein you could turn "his own attacks and or other advantageous objects and make them real" because if this is the case, you could just think of a very strong ultimate forbidden ninjutsu and be able to cast it on the opponent (e.g. massive amaterasu eliminating the enemy in an instant). I was wondering why in the Danzou vs. Sasuke fight, the ninjutsu used by danzou through the izanagi was mere average or if not above average elemental ninjutsu only?
    it could be because danzou didn't know how to control it fully, as madara stated, danzou's izanagi was incomplete.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Yeah, Izanagi turns Imagination into reality:

If somebody with Izanagi "imagined" that they were Madara...
    If they imagined they were not dead...
    If they imagined they were a character in the manga... ! Tobi=Kishi. You heard it here, folks.

Academy Student
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Thanks for the opinions on this guys. This maybe the case because I previously thought that the "incompleteness" of danzou's izanagi dwells more on the fact that he could only use it for a limited time or more so, it would result to the izanagi eye losing light. I just dont believe that making use of izanagi (on the offensive aspect) could only yield elemental jutsu's weaker than rasenshuriken -_- O well thanks again.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What i don't understand is why people don't use it to a fuller extent, Danzo used it to escape death, Madara used it to escape an explosion. Shouldn't they be able to use it to do more then that, ei:Make their body whole again

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

im more concerned on how madara made hashirima a part of himself he now has three of the sixth paths....im thinking that all the tailed beasts is a fourth part

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fighting for piece is like
    screwing for virginity ;)

I think Danzou couldn't use Izanagi at its fullest extend. He was not an Uchiha and he couldn't control the Hashirama Powers.
    On the other hand Madara is Uchiha and he can control Hashirama's powers. So I think we're about to see the powers of the Izanagi in the next Madara fight.

Academy Student
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

i thnk izanagi is nt important. cuz the use loses eye. leading u to blindness.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Where the treasure of Gold D Roger is located
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawagiri View Post
    it could be because danzou didn't know how to control it fully, as madara stated, danzou's izanagi was incomplete.
    Incomplete and unsure to use them and why is that Orichimaru helped him out to reach that goal.